Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
AutSider

AutSider

Things to Read - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 1:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Could be big if true.
Back to top Go down
Drome

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 pm

I looked around the forum for this using the search function and was surprised it hasnt been posted yet.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 11:50 am

I'm sure someone has read or posted this already, but I just read it now
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm

I haven't read it...thanks.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Funnily enough I found this text when I was searching for this Finnish book from 2008 which was talking about same topic, the sexual power of females and how women are denying sex from men to gain resources, "sex is an asset, that woman can offer or deny. "

And I heard about it from todays newspaper when there was some feminist librarian removing this book from a library selection, it didn't say the reason for this, but obviously the person was offended by the perspective of the book, but the library was apologizing about this individual who did this. To me it seems they try to censor this book really bad here since it's not even published anymore, can't find a copy of it online, it was even removed from publishers page. So have to read it in English.

So that just tells me this will hit a nerve and it's very dangerous to feminist theory.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 am

Atwill, Jospeh's Caesar's Messiah...

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 5:40 am

On the Infestation of Small-Souled Bugmen - Adam Winfield wrote:
A consequence of a perilously overpopulated, brutally capitalistic, shamelessly hedonistic, morally decaying society, the humble bugman has come to define an age of technological dystopia in which everyone has everything — their gadgets, their fast foods, their fashion accessories — but somehow everyone also has nothing — no community, no natural spirit, no substance of mind. He is a zombified consumer, an emasculated wage slave, a vessel emptied of meaning and refilled with plastic, pixels and silicone.

He is what a sterile corporate wasteland spews out. Millions of him, almost exact replicas who are relentlessly told they are unique by clever marketers, and who believe it. He is a personality defined by brands, a blue-checkmarked Twitter user. Bugmen are what we get when a culture is infantilized, watered down and stripped of the very intellectual, philosophical and honourable fibre that once made it great. Totally dependent on the compromised support of his nanny state and high-tech devices, the bugman has been reduced to the status of a domestic animal. A 200-pound child.

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm

hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 pm

Anfang wrote:
On the Infestation of Small-Souled Bugmen - Adam Winfield wrote:
A consequence of a perilously overpopulated, brutally capitalistic, shamelessly hedonistic, morally decaying society, the humble bugman has come to define an age of technological dystopia in which everyone has everything — their gadgets, their fast foods, their fashion accessories — but somehow everyone also has nothing — no community, no natural spirit, no substance of mind. He is a zombified consumer, an emasculated wage slave, a vessel emptied of meaning and refilled with plastic, pixels and silicone.

He is what a sterile corporate wasteland spews out. Millions of him, almost exact replicas who are relentlessly told they are unique by clever marketers, and who believe it. He is a personality defined by brands, a blue-checkmarked Twitter user. Bugmen are what we get when a culture is infantilized, watered down and stripped of the very intellectual, philosophical and honourable fibre that once made it great. Totally dependent on the compromised support of his nanny state and high-tech devices, the bugman has been reduced to the status of a domestic animal. A 200-pound child.

YES! This is exactly what I was thinking, but eloquently put into words. The article is heavy-hitting, aggressive, and full of despair and doomish predictions of the abyss. I love it.

Reminds me of this song.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm

I have not yet found the full PDF, but it's been really fascinating and grisly to read so far

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Good basic advice for us younger men here

Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 5:12 am

What's so bad about "romantic love"?
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm

"Romantic love" is bad but romantic love is fine.

BTW Magnus baš gledam ovog vašeg Šešelja. Srpski Trump lol.

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 am

Glubb doesn't appear to be fully red-pilled on race and such, but it is an interesting read nonetheless

The similarities between groups in decline throughout the entirety of history are remarkable: an influx of foreigners (especially in urban areas), obsession with hedonistic escapes and frivolities, women gaining power, defensiveness and pacifism, increased sympathy for the out-group, equality, increase in sexual immorality, materialism and political corruption and even details like pop singers with lutes seducing the young in the same way pop/rock singers with guitars do it in modern times. Of course, all of it soon followed by the crumbling of the social order and its replacement.

This makes it all the more funny when leftists speak of progress, as if what is going on now is something new and positive, when the same things already occurred in history and are demonstrably negative, as they represent the downfall of every group they happened to.

Last edited by AutSider on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am

Nice find.

AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:35 pm

I've expressed faggy emotion-based disapproval of ideas like this before, but objectively speaking, it can be the superior option.

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Still more sensible than the laws we have now

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 3:13 pm

AutSider wrote:

I've expressed faggy emotion-based disapproval of ideas like this before, but objectively speaking, it can be the superior option.
Might work actually, but anglin himself looks like an albino nigger, being 170cm tall and writing edgy and cringy articles for nazi teenegers telling them 'how to live'(what kind of desperate faggot of a man listens to some guy on the internet telling him how to live and is greatful for the advice that doesnt actually follow with science and objectivity but requires taking his word for it?) constantly using girly power plays like hyperboles in his language, emotive reasoning, imagery that has little to do with reality or line of actual argument and this forced, taught hyper-agressive, over-confident, cold way of talking and thinking(writing I should say) when adressing his 'own' people(putting up a bravado personality and allowing his thinking become influenced by it) is hardly what I'd think of as white master race specimen.... I had a look at this website and I am not impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:34 pm

I don't mind the daily-stormer, they have funny articles there. But sure, it's all funny for as long as I agree with the basic direction he is going.
I didn't read that article in seriousness, to me it's a dig at White women and to make White men/boys more confident because of having options in the back of their mind. Not a real suggestion, not for anybody but the the very very few.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 11:55 am

Reveal: It's because he talks about "folks" as if they are just some folks but not his folks.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 pm

polishyouth wrote:
AutSider wrote:

Might work actually, but anglin himself looks like an albino nigger, being 170cm tall and writing edgy and cringy articles for nazi teenegers telling them 'how to live'(what kind of desperate faggot of a man listens to some guy on the internet telling him how to live and is greatful for the advice that doesnt actually follow with science and objectivity but requires taking his word for it?) constantly using girly power plays like hyperboles in his language, emotive reasoning, imagery that has little to do with reality or line of actual argument and this forced, taught hyper-agressive, over-confident, cold way of talking and thinking(writing I should say) when adressing his 'own' people(putting up a bravado personality and allowing his thinking become influenced by it) is hardly what I'd think of as white master race specimen.... I had a look at this website and I am not impressed at all.

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8. hehe, 88

Agree about the albino nigger thing, Anglin's negroid facial features are commonly joked about even among those who like DS, there's even a meme about it. Your other "criticisms" seem a bit strange and forced, and some are downright wrong. Attacking things like men's height or penis size is what women tend to do. Men mostly don't care, as things like competence and mindset are far more important.

Not all transgression of social norms is edgyiness. Edgyiness denotes a particular type of transgression, where the transgression is its own purpose so as to show that you are the one daring and willing to be the most transgressive. This is indeed retarded, but it's not what Anglin is doing.

Being called edgy is also an accusation that you don't hold these beliefs for their own sake, but only because they are unpopular. This implies you're not genuine and gives the other side an easy excuse to dismiss you. The accusation "troll" has a similar function. If you hold views that aren't aligned with the mainstream you always risk this happening to you, because nobody could possibly disagree with the majority, right?

Then there is what you could call tactical edgyiness, pushing a more extreme position on some issue so that the less extreme version seems more acceptable in comparison. This has been discussed in the politics thread I created in Adyton.

If you are constantly surrounded by effeminate creatures, your perception of what healthy levels of aggression, confidence and "coldness" are can get skewed. Since feminization is the systematically enforced norm, it most likely is.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 am

At least it's not mandatory yet to have your own home furnished in such a way, only signalling high status.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 6:15 pm

There is a noticeable difference in translation between W. H. D. Rouse and Allen Mandelbaum on The Odyssey. The latter just screamed corrupted to me as I read, after having read some of Rouse's. It was the usual suspect for the difference. I will have to purchase Rouse's.

Any suggestions on translations, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am

Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Read
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next