Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Buddhism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Like swimming in an ocean, against a current.
Myself a current.

I am what I am not.
This becomes, I am that which I refuse to become.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Bardhë

Bardhë

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 pm

You can never step in the same river twice, but there'll always be a river to step in.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:48 am

River is a metaphor for the energy field we call existence, out of which we emerge as whirlpools, to use another image.
Even a man standing in place is working, exerting effort, moving, to preserve his position within the Flux.

I use Heidegger's conception of 'looking back'...as a product of the processing speed required by consciousness. This creates a lag in space/time, so man reacts and then justifies his reactions after-the-fact.
This feels as if he were alienated, a stranger to himself. A mind looking behind to see himself acting.
Body/Mind dividing along neurological frequencies.
I use my own imagery, my own metaphors, as you can see, and don't like spiritual lingo, or established narratives. I find them limiting and demanding acceptance and education in their meanings.  
I'm self-taught, and only harmonize my ideas with pre-existing ones as I come across them through others.

My affinity for Evola's spirituality was my recognition of a similarity in myself. Love of mountains and hiking, and cool forests....rather than beaches and hot seas.

Buddhism, for me, is the equivalent of Abrahamism. Not the same but part of the same reaction to Aryan spirituality.
Abrahamism emerged from the contact of certain tribes with Aryanism, via the Greeks/Romans.
Buddhism emerges from contact of certain tribes with Aryanism, via the Hindus.

Buddhism is a product of population pressures. Teaching an attitude that can accommodate the proximity of many others who are strangers.
Abrahamism was slower to develop because the west still had accessible frontiers and so the pressures urbanization and resource management necessitated were of a different kind and at a different pace.  
Christianity is Judaism adapted to Aryan tribes.

Spirituality is an expression of a relationship of man with the world he is awakening to.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 am

I like the image of a self being this flow of emptying filling.

My definition of self is of a continuum, with the ego being the lucid part, the self, small 's', being the subconscious, the self since birth onward and the Self being what preceded conception, on the synthesis of two memory streams DNA.
Individual is past made present - presence.
I am the sum of my known and unknown past. I am a stranger to myself.
To perceive self I must noetically step outside the stream and see it as a chain of events, a long unbroken stream.
Memories are the connectors. Experiences reduced to simplification/generalization codes.

Lack is the product of temporal attrition, or interaction, or being in the Flux - existing.
Lack (need), if successfully satiated, leads to abundance, surplus (desire)...pressure to expunge surplus....so we come to this emptying and filling....in a continuous stream.

AutSider

AutSider

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Buddhism is a religion suited for passive, low-t, insectoid Asian bugmen with a hive mind mentality.

Them and dumbass hippie leftie hollywood women signalling their open-mindedness and uniqueness by adopting a foreign spirituality.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Guenon, Rene wrote:
All questions of form aside, this de facto separation between Taoism and Confucianism, between the inner and the outer doctrine, constitute one of the most notable differences between the civilizations of China and India; the latter has only one body of unified doctrine, namely Brahmanism, which includes both the principle and all its applications, so that there is no break in continuity from the lowest to the highest degrees. To a great extent this difference reflects the mental conditions of the two peoples; however, it is very probable that the continuity that has been maintained in India, and no doubt in India alone, also formerly existed in China, from the epoch of Fu-His up to that of Lao Tzu and Kung Tzu

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 11:28 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 11:34 am

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 8:03 pm

The Dhammapada wrote:
Even a bee, having taken up nectar
From a flower, flies away,
Not harming its color and fragrance,
So may a sage wander through a village.

So much truth in this, but so little value.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Kultur

Kultur

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Would you subscribe to the last sentence, which says that while Schopenhauer is nihilistic, Buddhism and Nietzsche are not?

As far as nihilism is concerned, Nietzsche went through three stages:

1.)Nietzsche ignored or fought nihilism by revering all that had been handed down from the past to the present as cultural creations.
2.)Now Nietzsche discovered the "time of a great inner decay and disintegration", in short: the peak of nihilism. Nietzsche understood it as his task to fight out nihilism in himself. As he saw himself, he was "the first perfect nihilist of Europe, who, however, has already lived nihilism itself to the end". He wanted to reveal, expose and show that and how the present was nihilistic.
3.)At this stage it was important for Nietzsche to affirm life in spite of all the nihilism that continues to be at work. That is why he now saw in nihilism "the most hopeful of all spectacles. Above all, the broken and unmasked morality had to be created anew. The philosopher had to "write new values on new tablets." That means: "revaluation of all values". But this was not to be done out of a belief in a transcendence, but exclusively from man. The "creating, willing, becoming I" now became the measure and value of all things; the basic value of the new value order: life. The determination to push beyond oneself does not only belong to human existence, for Nietzsche understood it as a basic trait of life, of being in general. Everything that is had for Nietzsche the character of the "will to power". "What is the world to me? A monster of power, without beginning, without end, which does not consume itself, but only transforms itself - enclosed by nothingness ...." This life in creating and destroying has nothing to go towards, no purpose and no goal. That is why it is nihilistic in its deepest essence. Thus, affirmation of life ultimately means affirmation of the nihilistic character of life. The highest symbol for this was for Nietzsche the thought of the "eternal return": everything that has ever been comes again. With it the utmost of nihilism is reached. "Dasein as it is, without meaning or goal, but inevitably recurring, without a finale into nothingness: 'the eternal return'. This is the most extreme form of nihilism: nothingness (the meaningless) eternal." Nietzsche saw salvation from nihilism in affirming this very meaningless existence and thus creating meaning in the midst of meaninglessness. "A freely ordered spirit stands in the midst of the universe with a joyful and trusting fatalism, believing that only the individual is reprehensible, that in the whole everything redeems and affirms itself - it no longer denies." Therefore, the deepest expression of Nietzsche's attitude was the love for fate: "AMOR FATI".

It can be said that in his second and especially his third stage Nietzsche tried to overcome nihilism, but not that he succeeded. Can one overcome nihilism by affirming life? It can be said that the affirmation of the negating or annihilating, in any case of nihilism does not (yet) mean overcoming. I recall that nihilism is also part of life. Thus, in the end, Nietzsche remained a nihilist - but one who affirmed, no longer denied life and nihilism as before (and like Schopenhauer). Nihilism destroys and denies. But can and, if so, does nihilism destroy and deny itself too?And how comes nihilism to its end? Does its end come from within or from without or from within and without?

Our nihilism has been going on for almost two and a half centuries now, and I do not think it will end anytime soon.
    "There is the possibility of a third and last stage of Western European philosophy: that of a physiognomic skepticism. The mystery of the world appears successively as a problem of knowledge, a problem of value, a problem of form. Kant saw ethics as the object of cognition; the 19th century saw cognition as the object of valuation.The skeptic would see both merely as historical expressions of a culture." - Oswald Spengler, Der Untergang des Abendlandes, 1918, S. 481. Translated by me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hubert-brune.de/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 pm

The way I define nihilism is any ideology which proposes ideas/ideals that contradict or negate the experienced world.
So one can claim to affirm life but it is an idealized life that does not and cannot ever exist, because if it did it would annul experienced life.

Interesting that both Schopenhauer and Nietzsche never had children and belonged to the German romantics.
I consider all forms of romanticism to be nihilistic because they interpret the world in idealistic ways, so as to cope with what is unbearable.
In this Schopenhauer proved to be more honest - his perspective corresponding to his life.
Nietzsche not so much...as he spoke in ways he could not perform - he was a diagnostician, as he said.
As am I. But, at least, i paid the price, took the risks and affirmed life by having a child - even though it went against my reasoning and my constitution.
Yay saying did not suffice. I can say "yes" with words and then "no" with deeds - see how females behave.
In the end Nietzsche didn't want, or could not, take the risks or accept the costs of affirming life - he could only theorize and affirm life linguistically, spiritually. In a way he had brain-children though he never fathered his own child - the story of Salome is indicative of his inability to put into practice his own insights.
Schopenhauer both denied life in actions and in words. His insights were spot-on, and crippling.
Nietzsche overcame this aspect of Schopenhauer's pessimism - yet as Spengler said "optimism is cowardice".
If one truly understands existence then this insight is one of the most honest phrases ever uttered openly and publicly by any man, viz., the "negative" requires no effort, whereas the "positive" requires constant effort with uncertain outcomes.
What Is demanded is to act despite life's uncertainties and potential costs and risks. In that Nietzsche overcame nihilism at least in theory, but not in practice.

Nihilism is part of life in that one must negate/deny all that threatens ones own life or life in general.
Life is a constant "nay saying" - so philosophically saying "yes" to this agon of constant and arbitrary "negating" is an affirmation of life as a constant struggle - experienced as need/suffering.
Now, it is one thing saying it and another doing it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 9:06 pm

As I've already said, nihilism as it is conventionally defined and understood is part of nihilism.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nihilism, in modern terms, is part of the nihilistic paradigm....because it expects to find in reality what the human mind projects into it and does not exist - cannot exist, because fi it did it would negate reality as it is.
This is the noumenon/phenomenon conflict.
For example, absolute if they were to exist would negate the multiplicity of experienced existence....so these abstractions are projected by the human mind into reality and when it cannot validate them the mind declares reality a "negative", when in fact it is "positive' because it makes life possible.

I've also attempted to diagnose how and why nihilism emerges.
I think you'll find my thoughts on this forum...if you care to look for them or read through them.
In short: nihilism is a defensive reaction to emerging self-awarness, exposing consciousness to a new source of need/suffering; filling the mind with insecurity and anxiety.
Nihilism is a school of thought, an attitude, that constructs ideological alternatives to reality so as to protect the ego form this perception of itself from a thiord-person perspective.
Nihilism is entirely semiotic since it constructs alternatives in the mind, and externalizes them - shares and communicates them - linguistically, artistically. Man, according to them, can create his own reality with logos.
No longer word of god, but word of man. A very heroic ambition - arrogant.
So there are many types of nihilism because nihilism detached form reality's restrictions, and is able to formulate any alternative only limited by its ability to make it believable, and positive - a contradiction which I can explain.

I divide nihilists into two basic types: the pure nihilist and the "positive nihilist".
Pure nihilists are like Schopenhauer...life is too much so they refuse to do anything. Life's meaninglessness cannot motivate them to make their own meaning.
Here the definition of "meaning" must also be taken out of the nihilistic paradigm.
The "positive nihilist" is more of a self-decieving charlatan. His positivity masks a deep insecurity and vulnerability, selling his abstractions to the multitudes in order to validate them - because he cannot validate nor justify them in any other way. He needs followers to create an echo-chamber within which his meaningless words can become meaningful.
Here world is replaced by humanity; humanity is world - inter-subjectivity.

Last edited by Satyr on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:57 pm

Satyr wrote:
But, at least, i paid the price, took the risks and affirmed life by having a child - even though it went against my reasoning and my constitution.
Yay saying did not suffice. I can say "yes" with words and then "no" with deeds - see how females behave. 
Yes. That's right.

How old were you when your child was born?
I was 21½ years old when my first child was born.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 9:05 pm

I was 40.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 9:16 pm

On the other hand no philosopher could be both a parent and a prolific writer.
The time and energy required makes it impossible.
Just the quiet to think is impossible with kids running around.

Kultur

Kultur

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 1:20 am

Satyr wrote:
On the other hand no philosopher could be both a parent and a prolific writer.
The time and energy required makes it impossible.
Just the quiet to think is impossible with kids running around.
Many philosophers - probably the overwhelming majority - have indeed remained childless. This is not exactly a sign of faithfulness to culture, to its future on the basis of origin. That would be comparable as if most of the "philosophical" cells in an organism had forgotten the genetic code of this organism. One knows what this means!

But Martin Heidegger, for example, had children. He was completely normal as far as having children is concerned. He married Elfride Petri in 1917. He was 28 years old then - quite normal for that time. His first child, Jörg, was born in 1919, when Heidegger was 30 years old; the second child, Hermann, was born in 1920, when Heidegger was 31 years old. All pretty normal. For thorough philosophizing (thinking), Heidegger moved to solitude. His mountain hut was built from 1922 to 1923, so it was ready for occupancy in 1923, four years before the publication of Heidegger's main work "Sein und Zeit" ("Being and Time"). Here in his hut in the mountains and forests near Todtnauberg in the Black Forest, Heidegger's main work was written: in a "Lichtung" ("glade"/"clearing"). "Lichtung" ("glade"/"clearing") is an important term in Heidegger's philosophy.

Another example is Peter Sloterdijk. His only child was born when he was already in his mid-40s. By then, he had long since finished his major work "Kritik der zynischen Vernuft" ("Critique of Cynical Reason"; published in 1983), with which he became known, much long before he became a father. And yet he wrote his best books when he was already a father: I only recall his trilogy "Sphären" ("Spheres"; published in 1998, 1999, 2004) when he was in his 50s, or "Zorn und Zeit" ("Rage and Time"; published in 2006), "Du mußt dein Leben ändern" ("You Must Change Your Life"; published in 2009), and especially "Die schecklichen Kinder der Neuzeit" ("The Terrible Children of Modern Times"; published in 2014).

You can also be a philosopher if you have children.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 6:20 am

Kultur wrote:

Yes you can, because love of wisdom is what a philosopher is.
But not a prolific one.....
Some part will suffer, either you will be a better philosopher and a bad parent, or a good parent and a bad philosopher.

Depends on how much time you are permitted to allocate.

Fathers in the past were not expected to spend a lot of time with their children.
Didn't Heidegger have a retreat in the forest where he wrote his work?
I doubt he brought his children along.

Kultur

Kultur

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 7:46 pm

Satyr wrote:
Kultur wrote:

Yes you can, because love of wisdom is what a philosopher is.
But not a prolific one.....
Some part will suffer, either you will be a better philosopher and a bad parent, or a good parent and a bad philosopher.

Depends on how much time you are permitted to allocate.

Fathers in the past were not expected to spend a lot of time with their children.
Didn't Heidegger have a retreat in the forest where he wrote his work?
I doubt he brought his children along.

That's what I said in my last post (also with an addition of many pictures about Heidegger's hut / chalet / shieling / alpine hut):

Kultur wrote:
Martin Heidegger, for example, had children. He was completely normal as far as having children is concerned. He married Elfride Petri in 1917. He was 28 years old then - quite normal for that time. His first child, Jörg, was born in 1919, when Heidegger was 30 years old; the second child, Hermann, was born in 1920, when Heidegger was 31 years old. All pretty normal. For thorough philosophizing (thinking), Heidegger moved to solitude. His mountain hut was built from 1922 to 1923, so it was ready for occupancy in 1923, four years before the publication of Heidegger's main work "Sein und Zeit" ("Being and Time"). Here in his hut in the mountains and forests near Todtnauberg in the Black Forest, Heidegger's main work was written: in a "Lichtung" ("glade"/"clearing"). "Lichtung" ("glade"/"clearing") is an important term in Heidegger's philosophy.

It was exactly my point in my last post: to say that Heidegger, because he had a retreat, namely "his hut in the mountains and forests near Todtnauberg in the Black Forest", and other philosophers are examples for being a fruitful, successful, prolific philosopher even with children. Maybe that Heidegger's children were sometimes at and in the hut (chalet, shieling, alpine hut - how would you call it?), but most likely not when Heidegger had to do his work.

Heidegger's retreat in the Black Forest again:

Last edited by Kultur on Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 pm

these types are sometimes distant and uninvolved...like Einstein was a notoriously bad father.
Children in their teens require constant supervision.
I know 'cause mine has been living with me full time for over a year and a half....and I can barely get free time, other than when he goes to school. Every time they close I weep.
But such is life. I made a choice.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 pm

I've said this before...sometimes a bad parent who is present has a worse affect on a child than a good parent who is mostly absent.

Kultur

Kultur

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 5:29 am

Satyr wrote:
I know 'cause mine has been living with me full time for over a year and a half....and I can barely get free time, other than when he goes to school. Every time they close I weep.
Is it really that bad?

In the evaluation of children and their education on the one hand and intellectual work (here: philosophy) on the other, we seem to be very different from each other. For me, raising and educating children has never been a duty, never a must, but always a bliss, a matter of the heart and of the spirit, a spiritual challenge.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 6:37 am

Kultur wrote:
Is it really that bad?
Well, not constant, but consistent.

Kultur wrote:
In the evaluation of children and their education on the one hand and intellectual work (here: philosophy) on the other, we seem to be very different from each other. For me, raising and educating children has never been a duty, never a must, but always a bliss, a matter of the heart and of the spirit, a spiritual challenge.
I think of it as a duty.
It is both a spiritual and Intellectual challenge, particularly in these times of anti-male, anti-European nihilistic ideologies.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 9:07 am

Kultur wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Is it really that bad?

Very feminine.

I come at it from a masculine perspective, you from a feminine one.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 am

Buddhism is to Hinduism what Abrahamism is to Hellenism.
Christianity was the form it took when it the two came in contact, one absorbing the narratives of the other, adjusting and, in the process, corrupting them.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 11:01 am

Armstrong, Karen wrote:
One of the most popular ways of attaining nibbana was meditation on the distinctively Buddhist doctrine of anatta (‘no self’). The Buddha did not believe that the eternal self (atman; purusha) was the supreme reality.
The practice of mindfulness had made him aware that human beings were in constant flux; their bodies and feelings changed from one moment to the next. After systematically examining his shifting convictions, emotions, and perceptions an honest person had to conclude that none of these could be the self sought by so many of the renouncers, because they were so flawed and transitory:
"This is not mine; this is not what I really am; this is not my Self." But the Buddha went even further and denied the reality of a stable, ‘lowercase’ self too. The terms ‘self’ and ‘myself’ were, he believed, mere conventions, since every sentient being was simply a succession of temporary, mutable states of existence. In our own day, some postmodernist philosophers and literary critics have come to a similar conclusion.
The Great Transformation
Buddhism precedes postmodernism as a variants of the same desire to negate the source of human anxiety, due to emerging self-awareness. The necessity for self-abnegation pressured the east before it did the west with its open frontiers and near extinction events. Buddha was a postmodernist.

Armstrong, Karen wrote:
The Buddha liked to use metaphors such as a blazing fire or a rushing stream to describe the human personality. It had some kind of identity, but was never the same from one moment to the next. Unlike the postmodernist idea, however, anatta was not an abstract, metaphysical doctrine but, like all his teachings, a program for action. Anatta required Buddhists to behave day by day, hour by hour, as though the self did not exist. Not only did the concept of ‘self’ lead to unskillful thoughts about ‘me’ and ‘mine,’ but prioritizing the self led to envy, hatred of rivals, conceit, pride, cruelty, and—when the self felt threatened—violence. The Buddha tried to make his disciples realize that they did not have a ‘self’ that needed to be defended, inflated, cajoled, or enhanced at the expense of others. As a monk became expert in the practice of mindfulness, he would no longer interject his ego into passing mental states, but would regard his fears and desires as transient, remote phenomena that had little to do with him. Once a monk had achieved this level of dispassion, the Buddha explained to his monks, he was ripe for enlightenment. “His greed fades away, and once his cravings disappear, he experiences the release of the mind.
The Great Transformation
Identity is subsumed in a collective that can reach the level of a universal abstraction. Practitioners experience this as relief, pleasure, a state of “nibbana,” ecstatic euphoria. Self-consciousness is assuaged by eliminating the self for which one feels continuous anxiety; suffering is negated coming from all sources by denying world and then self as part of it. All becomes “esoteric”, i.e., subjective, mystical, an attitude.

Armstrong, Karen wrote:
One day a Brahmin found the Buddha sitting under a tree and the sight of his serenity, stillness, and self-discipline filled the priest with awe. The Buddha reminded him of a tusker elephant: there was the same sense of enormous strength and massive potential brought under control and channeled into an extraordinary peace. The Brahmin had never seen a man like that before. "Are you a god, sir?" he asked. "An angel . . . or a spirit?" No, the Buddha replied. He had simply revealed a new potential in human nature. It was possible to live in this world of pain at peace, in control, and in harmony with one’s fellow creatures. Once people had cut the roots of their egotism, they lived at the peak of their capacity and would activate parts of their beings that were normally dormant. How should the Brahmin describe him? "Remember me," the Buddha told him, "as one who is awake."
Wokeness” in postmodern lingo.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 7:31 am

Buddhism is to Hinduism what Abrahamism is to Hellenism.
Both are nihilistic and emerge when population pressures necessitates ethical rules that severely restrict human nature.

A case where ethics emerge to contradict naturally evolved moral impulses.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 4:33 pm

It's hard to take that guy seriously with all the bugman paraphernalia. Especially that he would choose to talk seriously and at length on a subject he is obviously well-informed about while sitting in front of a wall literally covered in superman figurines.

It's like he doesn't even respect himself or the subject. Or maybe at some level he subconsciously regards it as on the same level of the HP Lovecraft mythos that he has also written about extensively. Buddhism and christianity and star wars and superhero comics are all the same to a manchild.

I think more than anything the overall quality of humanity was much, much lower than anyone really suspected.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 6:10 pm

Well, Abrahamism is a superstition comparable to Marvel and DC.....
He, also, broke with Mythvision due yo his racial views.

All sources should be approached with skepticism, and constantly compared to your personal experiences and judgements.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 6:21 am

apaosha wrote:
It's hard to take that guy seriously with all the bugman paraphernalia. Especially that he would choose to talk seriously and at length on a subject he is obviously well-informed about while sitting in front of a wall literally covered in superman figurines.

It's like he doesn't even respect himself or the subject. Or maybe at some level he subconsciously regards it as on the same level of the HP Lovecraft mythos that he has also written about extensively. Buddhism and christianity and star wars and superhero comics are all the same to a manchild.

I think more than anything the overall quality of humanity was much, much lower than anyone really suspected.

One side of the story.

Sponsored content

Buddhism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism Buddhism - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Buddhism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: