Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Thinking about starting a Fight Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thinking about starting a Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am

Yeah, so recently I've been thinking about starting a fight club. Yes, I know...sounds kind of far fetched and fantastical, but really it's relatively pragmatic. All one needs to do is have a secure place to fight and a group of other individuals willing to fight and that's about it.

My motivation and reason for desiring a fight club is to be able to vent and express my primal masculinity in a modern world of effeminacy and dullness ( essentially the same reason as in the movie FightClub). It might be somewhat more of a challenge for me to start a fight club as I am a loner ( I'm not shy - I just prefer to be alone most of the time), but it's still feasible; I just need to create some flyers insinuating that I am going to create a fight club. I won't make it blatant saying, " Hey, come join an illegal fight club!". I will make it more subtle, but comprehensible. I will leave a new email address on the flyers and see what kind of responses I get.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would like to start out with a group of five other individuals. The only protective gear we will wear are mouth pieces. No gloves, no head gear, no groin protectors, no wrist wraps. Fights won't be timed. They will go on until someone is too tired to continue, quits, and or gets knocked out/submitted. There will also be a philosophy in this fight club. It won't be a mere place where guys just fight. There will be beer, heavy metal music, and philosophical conversations about modernity and masculinity. Females won't be allowed to fight or participate in the philosophy conversations, but they will be allowed to watch the fights from the sidelines ( to give the fighters an extra boost of testosterone - the females will, essentially, be silent cheerleaders).

What will my fight club philosophy be about? It will be about promoting strength, bravery, toughness, violence, discrimination, primal masculinity, masculine sexual freedom, confidence, egoism, pride, honor, competitiveness, grit, determination, badassery, and power; all of the things that modernity seems to be demonizing and repressing. This will be a place where men can be men, where there are no emasculating inhibitions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any thoughts? And have you ever thought about creating a fight club?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 am

I only thought of starting an intellectual "fight club", a symposium.

Men sitting around talking, drinking, eating, perhaps.
No females, except as entertainment.

I'm too old for physical fighting.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 am

Is the fighting just a way of bonding, an initiation, to gather support towards some other cause? Or is it just fighting just to let off steam? There's a reason why guys wear gloves when they fight/spar... so they don't get all cut up and so they can continue fighting regularly. I think a fight club would attract the type of people you wouldn't want. The more "intellectual" types that like to fight are probably already involved in martial arts or mma/boxing.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 am

Yes, the fighting will be a way of bonding and letting off steam. The reason I don't want to use gloves is because I desire to simulate a real street fight as much as possible. But of course, there will be some restrictions, e.g., no eye gouging, groin shots, and head butts.

"I think a fight club would attract the type of people you wouldn't want."

Yes, that's true. But this fight club is going to be hierarchical. The ones that just want to fight can stay, but they won't, really, move up the hierarchy of the organization if they can't contribute intellectually.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:50 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Is the fighting just a way of bonding, an initiation, to gather support towards some other cause?  Or is it just fighting just to let off steam?  There's a reason why guys wear gloves when they fight/spar... so they don't get all cut up and so they can continue fighting regularly.  I think a fight club would attract the type of people you wouldn't want.  The more "intellectual" types that like to fight are probably already involved in martial arts or mma/boxing.
you only truly know someone when you've fought him/her.

This goes for both the physical and the mental fight.

Hellenic balance is about not separating the two.
The fight is also a way of establishing and maintaining hierarchies.

Bonding is only possible, and this is also between a male and a female, when there is a shared goal, a shared enemy, a shared purpose.
In this case internal fights are also meant to maintain group health.
The weak are excluded and camaraderie does not result in softness.

perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:58 am

Primal Rage, Why not join the military, or some special operations group like the SEALs? You'd get that bonding plus you'd be working with guys with very high standards. Plus you'd be going to real war zones. Either that or get into competitive fighting(mma/boxing)... Guys that train seriously are not going to risk getting cut up in a fight club, thus the level of competition in a fight club is going to be sub par.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:06 am

I've thought about joining the Marine Corps before, but what will I be fighting for? Nationalism? Oil? The economic elite? It's not my war and I'm not going to risk getting mutilated or killed for some war I don't have any conviction in.

Yes, this fight club is going to be barbaric, brutal, ferocious, and gory. I acknowledge and embrace that. It won't be daily. Probably once or twice a week so people can recover, but I'm going to give this project a try and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:17 am

Balance of mind/body, is the Hellenic ideal of asceticism.
One does not fight, just to fight, and one, most certainly, does not fight for someone else to benefit or for an abstraction one does not believe in.

Modern day soldiers are the most intellectually effete part of society.
An example of hyper-masculine compensation, or of primal masculinity with no feminine balance.

There are two forms of fighting, mind and body.
The most effective is the one that can combine both.
The easterners did so.
In the west we tend to go either to the extreme physical or the extreme mental.
The Hellenes, being closer to the Aryan common ancestry spoke of balance.

The young man indulges in the physical, and trains in the mental.
The older man indulges in the mental, and trains in the physical.

If you neglect the mind you will most certainly invite the crass, the base, the brute.
It is why on this forum we have levels, or hierarchies.

My ideas will naturally draw the base, the vulgar, like Purple Dragon of The Joker/Tyranus and it will also draw, because of this, the antithesis, the Kriswests, the d63, he Morenos...the majority of effete, feminine minds, finding masculinity, particularly hyper-masculinity, threatening.
Some, amongst the latter, will be the hyper-feminine, the Mannequin, the Echo, wanting to give themselves to the hyper-masculine.

This is the issue, right there.
Balance.
Distinguishing between the extremities and finding the male/feminine balance where the masculine still remains dominant, or the feminine which is not totally submissive, or is selectively so.

If you accomplish that feat, you've found a method of distinguishing nobility.

For me, still, it is intuitive. I rely on my feminine side.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:12 pm

I've done a few martial arts. Tae Kwon Do, Aikido and Kendo. My experience is that the more formalized and ritualised the combat, the more it attracts a thinking man.

For example, TKD and Ai was mostly practised by working class, unintellectual guys who were very competitive and egotistical, which left me a little bemused. On the other hand, the Kendo guys were middle class; managers, academics, professionals, family men. Soft, for the most part. Though they were much more organized and militaristic, Kendo is not simply putting on armour and hitting people with a stick, there's an an entire complex system of ritual that goes into practicing it, from lining up before practice (in order of seniority) to taking care of your costume, to the way you sit, to giving respect to your sensei and so on.
Combat in Kendo however is so abstracted and ineffectual that you will not really learn anything that will be effective in real life. It's a game, really.

I think that a "fight club" started by an intellectual type will, if it attracts them at all, be quickly dominated by the unintellectual and taken away from you. If you only use mouth protectors and no gloves or anything then you will find that you are being beat up a lot.
So you're right in wanting to avoid extremes.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Satyr wrote: " Modern day soldiers are the most intellectually effete part of society.
An example of hyper-masculine compensation, or of primal masculinity with no feminine balance."

That's another major reason why the military turns me off. Many of the American soldiers don't even have any clear cut, passionate conviction for what they are fighting for. Some go because it pays well and seems badass ( you get to blow shit up ). How many American soldiers do you hear about jumping on grenades to save their squad? Yes, sometimes there are those few who perform acts of heroism and bravery as such, but it's rare in comparison to the number of Islamic suicide bombers. Jihadists have my respect in a certain regard; they are willing to fight to the death for their beliefs ( even though they are delusional and misguided ).  

Satyr wrote: " The young man indulges in the physical, and trains in the mental.
The older man indulges in the mental, and trains in the physical. This is the issue, right there.
Balance.
Distinguishing between the extremities and finding the male/feminine balance where the masculine still remains dominant, or the feminine which is not totally submissive, or is selectively so."

Yes, I believe in balance. Duality is the nature of the universe; e.g., hot and cold, dark and light, soft and hard, masculine and feminine, negative and positive, etc. Since I am a male, I emphasize the masculine and dominate the feminine. An equilibrium occurs when I have sex with the feminine. I utterly dominate the female and we both become one and cancel each other out; positive 1 + negative 1 = 0 - equilibrium - balance of opposites. Note that this sensation of cancelation occurs during the orgasmic climax. It's almost a divine feeling.

Apaosha, I'm looking for the types of men that are both intellectual and barbaric, savage. When we fight, we will fight like primitive savages, and when we converse, we will converse intellectually. It's a balance of opposites,i.e., the primal man and the intellectual man. But since many of us are already refined and civilized, I will try to emphasize tapping into the primal side - the barbaric nature within man. I desire to release primal masculine energies through this fight club. But perhaps you are right about this fight club possibly being dominated by the mere brutes. I will see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:04 pm

I actually have a similar thing going on. ;)I've done a lot of martial arts, but I want to get some danger, and a brotherhood going, and we have members, but still small amount, which is good. We have taken interest into old abandon buildings, but we have bigger plans then some low teenage anarchist. It's just to get some exitement and adrenaline and exploid our youth still when we have it.

Remember to do something manly, exiting, that gets your adrenaline rushing together, like task they did in the movie. Nothing too serious, but something that will get people wondering who might have done so.  Also, it's good to bring the tention down by going fishing, hicking and doing other stuff, that might not be so radical. This makes the circle more reliable.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 am

On a practical note and from a female point of view, fighting in old abandoned buildings, would mean concrete floors.  

What happens if someone goes down head first and splits his head open or worse - dies?

It could happen.  I was discussing this with my partner, who recently was attacked by a neighbor.  The guy threw a punch and missed and my man retaliated with a strong punch to this guy's face.  It knocked him clear down six steps on the front verandah and he lay dazed for quite some time.  My man very kindly helped him up and drove him back to his house, much to the humiliation of this neighbor, the wife asking "what happened".  Most people who fight with fists, sustain horrific injuries, like losing an eye, a broken jaw a smashed face.  I mean guys, get real, who is going to the office the next day in that state.

My first thought was "am I insured", as it happened at my place.  LOL.

BTW.   Females wanting to watch this, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Reasonvemotion, if people get knocked to the ground on concrete floors, it will help them to build character, to become more tough and manly.

" A guy came to fight club for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a few weeks, he was carved out of wood." - Fight Club movie

This primal and barbaric fighting environment and style will help men become more macho. Machismo is what is needed in a world of effeminacy and goodie-two shoe faggotry.

I know you are a female, Reasonvemotion, but it has been made very clear to me from personal eye witness that women in touch with their femininity are turned on by displays of male combat dominance.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:17 pm

No woman wants a weak man, that I will agree with.  In fact a man's charisma is dictated by her perception of his strength, when I say "strength," I mean this can be manifested  in many ways for many women.  Some of us want rich men, others desire physically powerful men and there a few of us who think the only criteria is a man's powerful intellect and his appearance is of no consequence, but whichever strength a woman desires, if it is absent, then that woman thinks the man is "weak".  If a woman is intelligent, she should find a man more intelligent than herself as no woman should "dumb down" for anyone.

From what you have written, there are more than enough women who will stand in line for the "fighting" guy with the muscles and sweat, I just cannot admire a man like that.

I am curious to know what you define as being "feminine".

If you define femininity as some dumb bitch with muscles or her muscles, working out at the gym, competing with men, then you are right, I am out of touch with my femininity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:27 pm

I define masculinity and femininity from primal points of view. A woman in touch with her primal femininity is not bound by anti-nature liberal memes of non-gender roles, equality, and other bullshit. A primal feminine woman is attracted to a physically dominant male as he will be able to protect her and her offspring from the other savages. I'm sure you would desire a fighting guy with muscles and sweat if the government went to hell and anarchy was once again alive. A woman in touch with her femininity is soft, passive, caring, and submissive. She is attracted to the hard, rough, dominant, the masculine ( her opposite ). Displays of combat dominance and prowess are signs of a competent masculine male thus, virile females are subconsciously drawn to view such events.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:24 am

A man's power, is his intelligence, even in fighting.

To give you an example of this,( from your point of view), a man may be most powerfully built, very strong physically, but unless he knows the technicalities of how to fight, he can be beaten to a pulp by a much smaller or weaker man, you only have to understand the concept of martial arts to have this demonstrated.

I wish you good luck in your endeavours.

The movie Barfly, shows short lived but realistic no gloves fights, admittedly some dirty tactics have been allowed, but you get the general idea and some lovely ladies looking on and fighting too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I re-watched this movie again and it is stupendous!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:32 am

Primal Rage,

If you and I planned to fight, and we stood in front of each other, but I couldn't attack you. If all I had was love in my heart for you. Even if you began striking me, I would look in your eyes with a warm heart.

What would you think of me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 am

Satyr wrote:
I only thought of starting an intellectual "fight club", a symposium.

Men sitting around talking, drinking, eating, perhaps.
No females, except as entertainment.

I'm too old for physical fighting.
But he said females aren't aloud to fight Satyr. You can cheer from the side lines though, i would love to have a cheerleader. <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:43 am

Mmm elementary school styled insults, Zhiqiang? How very telling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:00 am

Primal Rage wrote:
Mmm elementary school styled insults, Zhiqiang? How very telling.
Thank you, Satyr taught me! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 am

Shut up, Turd!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:09 am

Primal Rage wrote:
Shut up, Turd!
Come at me bro! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 am

Joe Schmoe wrote: " If you and I planned to fight, and we stood in front of each other, but I couldn't attack you. If all I had was love in my heart for you. Even if you began striking me, I would look in your eyes with a warm heart.

What would you think of me?"

I would think you suffer from a Christ complex lol. If you, really, loved me, you would try to break my nose. Fighting can be a way of bonding ( no homo ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 am

Primal Rage wrote:
Joe Schmoe wrote: " If you and I planned to fight, and we stood in front of each other, but I couldn't attack you. If all I had was love in my heart for you. Even if you began striking me, I would look in your eyes with a warm heart.

What would you think of me?"

I would think you suffer from a Christ complex lol. If you, really, loved me, you would try to break my nose. Fighting can be a way of bonding ( no homo ).
Wow i pissed Satyr off! My will power needs nerf it's too overpowered! The ladies going to really want to suck my cock with lots of passion, you jelly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about starting a Fight Club Thinking about starting a Fight Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about starting a Fight Club
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1