Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

The meta-physics of weight lifting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 am

Ephemeron, men have always engaged in sport. It's not life-denying or a "surrogate activity" for really living... It certainly can become that(some people become too obsessed and it can even become stressful on one's heart), but you can't make the universal claim that it's not really living. Exercise is good for one's health... you live longer if you exercise!

Quote :
We find ourselves born weak and so try to give strength to our muscles by repetitive lifting. This though, does not develop symmetry, and often we compensate one aspect of our lives to correct a deficiency in another.
Lifting brings out one's natural symmetry. Someone with good genetics (good symmetry) becomes more attractive after lifting. To say that lifting doesn't increase your chances with women (thus life) is absurd. Lifting isn't a "compensation" for a "lack" in another area.. It accentuates an internal desire for symmetry and strength... It creates discipline and love for beauty that can cross over into intellectual pursuits.

Quote :
Weight lifting is incredibly useless and it is a poor substitute to compensate where strength is not naturally developed from real physical labor or activity
Useless... that's why fighters lift, right? It's good for your overall health and mental well being... Physical labor,lol... you mean that physical labor where people develop countless injuries after years of slaving away, putting their bodies in very unnatural positions to make a buck... What's real "activity"... like running outside? Why can't running and lifting be apart of one's workout routine? It's preferable to have some type of lifting in ones exercise routine (doesn't necessarily have to be bodybuilding )

Quote :
The need to be more than you are which arises when one strives for an ideal. Here, this ideal you create for yourself is one of immense strength, size perhaps and endurance
What is wrong with an ideal of physical strength? Maybe it's not the highest ideal, but it's only one ascept of one's self. To lift doesn't mean you're necessarily avoiding something else, or that you're wasting your energy. If anything it gives you energy for those higher ideals.

Quote :
What is a post but evidence of a life unspent, does it not represent to the man, a sunset that was missed or a moment lost?
Ok, so the real activity all these weightlifters and silly internet posters are missing is watching a tear jerking sunset, lol...

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 am

Quote :
His love underlies all, and is equal to fear, cannot justify itself when one goes back in time.
One wonders how awareness of sameness is possible when divergence is not already in effect.
How does one love what one is not aware of?
How does self-consciousness precede consciousness, and how does consciousness precede life, or a certain level of organization?
Eros in ancient Greece was different though, wasn't it? The love of what is real. Now it is the love of the unknown. Maybe because physical comfort has made love of reality, love of real people, less of a necessity for one's well being.

I imagine Agape was held in higher regard because one wouldn't want to feel a slave to emotions no matter how strong.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 am

When struggle, warfare (agon) was agreed as the essence of existing, then a mind sought allies to share in the fight.
Eros is blind agape, an expenditure of excess energies driven by a hunger, an irrational, need to expand, to grow, indiscriminately, for a male.
With women eros acquired discrimination, turning her into a filtering agency.
with males this discrimination became more refined, more lucid, it became friendship, camaraderie.

The erotic component is always present, as the underlying intuitive, drive, that need resting on the sensation of lack, of insecurity, vulnerability.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:13 am

Ephemeron wrote: " The need to be more than you are which arises when one strives for an ideal.  Here, this ideal you create for yourself is one of immense strength, size perhaps and endurance.  The weightlifter and the hamster in a cage are the same though both striving for activity but not truly living."

I feel very alive when I weight lift. The hamster doesn't strive for an ideal. And what is so wrong with striving for an ideal? Should I settle for mediocrity? Nay, not on my watch.

Another grave error you made is thinking that weightlifting is useless haha as if it doesn't spill over into functional things like combat, survival, social status, and psychological well-being.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:19 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
you live longer if you exercise!
You live shorter if you exercise. Every animal has a fixed amount of heart beats. The brightest light goes out the fastest. Humans are designed to live for thirty years. I find those who cling on to life for the mere purpose of existing extremely pathetic. Take the Africans who have seven kids as a social security for their old age, compared to the old South Koreans who commit suicide in order to leave their retirement money to their kids.

Ephemeron wrote:
You do it because you are aware of a lack, a need which you can only answer in what really is an artificial manner.
All life is deprivation, a hole to be filled. There where those who stayed the same, who changed for the better, who changed for the worse. You can never tell at the given moment who has changed for the better. But one thing is for sure, those who stayed content and the same, where evolutionary dead ends.
Back to top Go down
Ephemeron

Ephemeron

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:30 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Ephemeron, men have always engaged in sport. It's not life-denying or a "surrogate activity" for really living...
Are you sure?  Here, Mr. Rage goes on about how his lifting is a means to release his inner rage, going further compares himself to a lion, (which is caged).   Tell me, what is denied of man today?  If an activity is take up which satisfies ones need to feel that very thing that is denied, how is that not a surrogate activity?

Quote :
Lifting brings out one's natural symmetry...
Show me the man who is active and he will be the sort which laughs at authority, and what you call intellect.  His condition is not to live within the mind, but to have such an active mind that his activity overflows in all areas of his physical life to the point that nothing about him is deficient, this is symmetry.  

The body requires active forces which act against it from all angles, weight lifting will develop the muscle only in one direction.  It requires strict dedication to uniform movement and technique.  The difference between muscle developed from physical labor and monotonous lifting are obvious.  That body which is the result of years of diverse labor, which seeks out the most strenuous professions and physically trying occupations, will be one of great strength and symmetry.  Not in the “interest of a buck” is it the result of, no, this is your specialized man (weightlifter) but in the interest of hardening oneself to life’s trials.  It is like an oak tree which grows in the open field being exposed to the winds, the freezing snows, and driving rains.  We consider beauty to be that which unfolds in harmony to its surroundings and nature.  The oak is the symbol of strength and beauty when it achieves that fullness of form that only occurs when there are constant forces which act upon it from all sides.

primal rage wrote:
I feel very alive when I weight lift. The hamster doesn't strive for an ideal. And what is so wrong with striving for an ideal? Should I settle for mediocrity? Nay, not on my watch.
Just like you, that hamster, spinning around in a little wheel has a very real need, and that need is for an active life.  Sitting there confined in its cage, the means by which it may reach that end are limited.  Seeing so many closed doors before it, why should it not become enraged too?  Can it not be a lion in its own mind as well?  What if the prisoner in his cell, could not lift or play sports?  Would he not turn his nature and his excess energy on other prisoners?  And when there were no others, would he not turn against himself?  That wheel, becomes the meaning of life to the hamster as does a barbell to the prisoner, they represent goals and provide some sense of satisfaction.  But, it is not their nature to run on a plastic wheel or lift iron plates, this they do to stay active when real activity is inaccessible to them.  It is merely a valve to get rid of that surplus energy that an inactive life creates.  But were we to give them the key, that hamster and prisoner would both return to doing what they were born to.  

Quote :
Another grave error you made is thinking that weightlifting is useless haha as if it doesn't spill over into functional things like combat, survival, social status, and psychological well-being.
I did not engage you because of some gripe with weightlifters or the sport but to give an interpretation of your account of the “metaphysics” of weightlifting.  You reject nihilism yet you cling to the ideal of being more than you are. You have idealized weightlifting, by imagining in it something that incites a feeling of nobleness in yourself.  You clearly say, that it frees you temporarily from your constraints and gives a feeling of euphoria, of “victory”.  These I reject as false sensations, conceived by the mind which can not exist in a state of contradiction.  Weightlifting does not make one noble.  All noble action resides in the deed.  What is noble then?  What lives without contradictions to its nature.  The wolf, the lion, the stag, the eagle, the scorpion, all these we see a nobleness of race in, but not so in the dog or the hamster. What is noble is unspoiled by civilization, it is un domestic, it is un tameable and thus forever wild.  In them there is no surrogate activity they are what they were born to be and nothing more do they aspire to be. They are the antithesis of nihilism. Put what is noble in chains and it will chew off its limbs.  Put it in a cage and it will froth and foam at the mouth and chew off its captor’s limbs whenever the chance arises.  For them activity is pure and unlimited, they are at all times what they appear to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:08 am

Ephemeron wrote:"You reject nihilism yet you cling to the ideal of being more than you are."

I'm not denying my nature, but rather dominating it. If striving for an ideal to become a more powerful version of myself is considered nihilistic, then so be it! I do what I want. I'm not going to chain myself up to someones strange and emasculating version of nobility/nihilism.

Ephemeron wrote: "Weightlifting does not make one noble."

According to who?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Ephemeron wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Ephemeron, men have always engaged in sport. It's not life-denying or a "surrogate activity" for really living...
Are you sure?  Here, Mr. Rage goes on about how his lifting is a means to release his inner rage, going further compares himself to a lion, (which is caged).   Tell me, what is denied of man today?  If an activity is take up which satisfies ones need to feel that very thing that is denied, how is that not a surrogate activity?

Quote :
Lifting brings out one's natural symmetry...
Show me the man who is active and he will be the sort which laughs at authority, and what you call intellect.  His condition is not to live within the mind, but to have such an active mind that his activity overflows in all areas of his physical life to the point that nothing about him is deficient, this is symmetry.  

The body requires active forces which act against it from all angles, weight lifting will develop the muscle only in one direction.  It requires strict dedication to uniform movement and technique.  The difference between muscle developed from physical labor and monotonous lifting are obvious.  That body which is the result of years of diverse labor, which seeks out the most strenuous professions and physically trying occupations, will be one of great strength and symmetry.  Not in the “interest of a buck” is it the result of, no, this is your specialized man (weightlifter) but in the interest of hardening oneself to life’s trials.  It is like an oak tree which grows in the open field being exposed to the winds, the freezing snows, and driving rains.  We consider beauty to be that which unfolds in harmony to its surroundings and nature.  The oak is the symbol of strength and beauty when it achieves that fullness of form that only occurs when there are constant forces which act upon it from all sides.

primal rage wrote:
Just like you, that hamster, spinning around in a little wheel has a very real need, and that need is for an active life.  Sitting there confined in its cage, the means by which it may reach that end are limited.  Seeing so many closed doors before it, why should it not become enraged too?  Can it not be a lion in its own mind as well?  What if the prisoner in his cell, could not lift or play sports?  Would he not turn his nature and his excess energy on other prisoners?  And when there were no others, would he not turn against himself?  That wheel, becomes the meaning of life to the hamster as does a barbell to the prisoner, they represent goals and provide some sense of satisfaction.  But, it is not their nature to run on a plastic wheel or lift iron plates, this they do to stay active when real activity is inaccessible to them.  It is merely a valve to get rid of that surplus energy that an inactive life creates.  But were we to give them the key, that hamster and prisoner would both return to doing what they were born to.  

Quote :
I did not engage you because of some gripe with weightlifters or the sport but to give an interpretation of your account of the “metaphysics” of weightlifting.  You reject nihilism yet you cling to the ideal of being more than you are. You have idealized weightlifting, by imagining in it something that incites a feeling of nobleness in yourself.  You clearly say, that it frees you temporarily from your constraints and gives a feeling of euphoria, of “victory”.  These I reject as false sensations, conceived by the mind which can not exist in a state of contradiction.  Weightlifting does not make one noble.  All noble action resides in the deed.  What is noble then?  What lives without contradictions to its nature.  The wolf, the lion, the stag, the eagle, the scorpion, all these we see a nobleness of race in, but not so in the dog or the hamster. What is noble is unspoiled by civilization, it is un domestic, it is un tameable and thus forever wild.  In them there is no surrogate activity they are what they were born to be and nothing more do they aspire to be. They are the antithesis of nihilism. Put what is noble in chains and it will chew off its limbs.  Put it in a cage and it will froth and foam at the mouth and chew off its captor’s limbs whenever the chance arises.  For them activity is pure and unlimited, they are at all times what they appear to be.

I enjoyed reading that.

I'm taking this chance to insert some links on the history of the Oak-tree ; )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Quote :
You live shorter if you exercise. Every animal has a fixed amount of heart beats. The brightest light goes out the fastest. Humans are designed to live for thirty years
Really, cmon... where are you getting this from?

Quote :
Tell me, what is denied of man today? If an activity is take up which satisfies ones need to feel that very thing that is denied, how is that not a surrogate activity?
Athletic activity isn't denied by society, it's just apart of one's overall activity. It's not necessarily a way of draining oneself of energy that one can't discharge fully because of society's restrictions... It's a way of enhancing development/excellence... a lack of culture that promotes athletics and education in a wholesome way means one has to do it himself.

Quote :
Show me the man who is active and he will be the sort which laughs at authority, and what you call intellect. His condition is not to live within the mind, but to have such an active mind that his activity overflows in all areas of his physical life to the point that nothing about him is deficient, this is symmetry.
He laughs at authority while finding virtue in work? I like your definition of symmetry though and don't find it in disagreement with a man who exercises.

Quote :
The body requires active forces which act against it from all angles, weight lifting will develop the muscle only in one direction. It requires strict dedication to uniform movement and technique. The difference between muscle developed from physical labor and monotonous lifting are obvious.
Lifting need not be "monotonous." Exercise evolves with education, a synergy develops.

Quote :
That body which is the result of years of diverse labor, which seeks out the most strenuous professions and physically trying occupations, will be one of great strength and symmetry. Not in the “interest of a buck” is it the result of, no, this is your specialized man (weightlifter) but in the interest of hardening oneself to life’s trials.
So how exactly is exercising not "hardening oneself to life's trials." The "trials" of life extend to more than just the work week. That one demands of oneself more and prepares his mind, body, spirit for it. That one's ideal is one's own, and not carved wholly from the hard, "respectable," "unavoidable" pressures of "making a living."

Quote :
It is like an oak tree which grows in the open field being exposed to the winds, the freezing snows, and driving rains. We consider beauty to be that which unfolds in harmony to its surroundings and nature. The oak is the symbol of strength and beauty when it achieves that fullness of form that only occurs when there are constant forces which act upon it from all sides.
I like this. I don't find it in conflict to the weightlifter.

Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:27 pm

The body is a tool. There is no point in sharpening a sword if you never use it to cut. You simply have an anachronistic ornament that looks pretty but has no purpose.
If you have a sword, a weapon of war, but do not intend to kill anyone, why then do you have a sword? Is it a substitute for a missing phallus?

Fitness should be an indication of health, not of the body but of the active mind which it is the effect of. One should be fit because one's restless Will drives one's body relentlessly, strength through stress.

Hardest exercise I've done is the Kendo Haya Suburi:

You need to do a hundred of these, as quickly as possible, as a warm-up before proper practice... in addition to the usual stretching/limbering up.
It's exercise with a purpose in that it teaches one how to step into range and out rapidly in order to make a strike. In Kendo, an inch matters, so an appreciation of distance is crucial.

Exercise should be done with a purpose, an application and the best is probably a martial art or the necessity of hard physical labour.

For many however it can be the ornament, a hyper-masculine compensation, draping the self in the symbols of masculinity (big muscles and such) concealing what is lacking. Fitness of the body becomes an accessory, purchased in the gym and utilized as an offering in the sexual game. A pirated symbol of sexual fitness.

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Apaosha wrote: "The body is a tool. There is no point is sharpening a sword if you never use it to cut. You simply have an anachronistic ornament that looks pretty but has no purpose."

Note that I don't, primarily, lift weights for bodybuilding, i.e., mere aesthetics. My type of weight-lifting is centered around developing raw, brute strength. Bodybuilders use a different type of weight-lifting training that is centered around sarcoplasmic hypertrophy ( gaining mass and shaping muscles ) and powerlifters/strongmen training is centered around myofibrillar hypertrophy ( raw power and strength ). I train, primarily, as already stated according to the latter. I engage in combat, so the powerlifting is functional for me outside of the gym too; my core ( legs and lower back ) are rock solid allowing me to generate more power for kicks, punches, body slams, etc. Also, I appreciate weightlifting as an art in of itself - kind of like sculpting.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Sexual assault is a crime of violence and perhaps PR is using his body, realising his physical attributes can also be a weapon, as an assurance of his physical safety. It also involves a healing process for his mind and creates a mental firewall and gives him direction.  Physical self-care is an area that people often over look and engaging in self-constructing behaviour, such as exercising is a valuable tool to combat not only disease but it increases self esteem.  I admire both his mind and body for his courage and strength.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank you, Reasonvemotion. Some people are trying to overcomplicate and take shots at my weight-lifting mission. Haters are gonna hate.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 am

Apoasha wrote:
For many however it can be the ornament, a hyper-masculine compensation, draping the self in the symbols of masculinity (big muscles and such) concealing what is lacking. Fitness of the body becomes an accessory, purchased in the gym and utilized as an offering in the sexual game. A pirated symbol of sexual fitness.
I once knew someone who went to the gym religiously, and use to bore me to death telling me about the guys there, how big their muscles were and how much they could bench press. After a while I began to see that this place held some serious homoerotic attraction for him. Even though this guy never developed much musculature, he would obsess over these guys who did, and buy endless muscle mags and protein shakes. There is something intensely narcissistic about a male admiring his own body or that of other males, something which has strong homoerotic overtones. Many body building magazines have cover images indistinguishable from those on gay magazines.

Body building magazine cover:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gay magazine cover:

Quote :
However, nothing could have prepared me for the magnitude of sweaty homoeroticism I found on bodybuilding.com – the world's most popular bodybuilding forum and, apparently, the go-to place for guys who have no idea what being gay means to discuss being gay. It's a bit like stumbling in on a rudimentary social studies class, where – instead of children who understand the very basic facts of life – the only questions are from bros who can't grasp that the only thing that makes someone gay is their attraction to members of the same sex. For example, there are no less than 20 threads about whether or not wearing a scarf makes you gay.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 am

Nice example of how males have degenerated to metro-sexual gits.
Also an example of how the current environment is producing narcissism.
For an example of schizophrenia, all you have to do is visit some of these online forums dedicated to philosophy.

------------------------------

Eroticism, is an aspect of feminization.
The feminine forms of seduction becoming the only acceptable ones.
Men are forced to display themselves, as females do, turning into a game of appearances.

Then these hypocrites claim to believe that appearances do not matter when they are defined by a very superficial, static, artificial version of them.
They think appearance is simple image, and because image is malleable, they begin to believe essence is also easily constructed.

Definitions

Appearance = The totality of sense data becoming apparent, interpreted by the brain, through their (inter)activity.
Appearance is dynamic, not static.
Beauty, symmetry, is the inheritance of health which may or may not be effective in the immediate.

Superficial = A temporal designation.
In this case what can be manipulated, by the individual, is focused on, giving the illusion that everything determined is easily and immediately correctable.
Wearing clothing, makeup, getting surgery, using chemical enhancement, are all indications of human malleability.

This leads to the feel-good error of assuming that intelligence, potential, is also as easily correctable.
That's why we get the mythology concerning education as the heal-all factor.

Homosexuality is on the rise.
Had an experience last month which reminded me of it.

I like to joke around with everyone, and sex is always an easy source for comedy.
This black-guy, for some reason took it the wrong way.
For a year he used to make sexual comments, while looking at my crotch.
I brushed it off, knowing he was probably bisexual, because he's also married with kids.
It didn't bother me.
Then a month ago he make the same comment, but this time he brushes his hand against my crotch.
a week later I'm going up some stairs with a female coworker, and he's coming down it.
Again, he reaches for my crotch, licking his lips and saying something.
That's when I lose it, 'cause this fag doesn't know Satyr is a 'no-shit' kind a guy, and if pushed far enough there's no saying what he may do.

But there's a no-tolerance rule at my job, so I have to be careful.

Still, I tell him that if he does that again something bad is going to happen, and someone may get hurt; maybe me, or maybe him.
But something is definitely going to happen.
He got the message.
Ever since that day every time he sees me he is very respectful and careful.
He calls me 'sir'.

Solution found.

My experiences at the gym, when I used to go, were positive.
I kept to myself, didn't even ask for a spotter when I benched.
I always liked to be self-sufficient, and would rather do less than have to depend on another.
My friends used to want to buddy-up, but I always refused, knowing that if I became dependent on them then when they lost interest, because I knew they eventually would, that I would then have to fall back form whatever level I had reached.

For me the gym was a solitary place.
I rarely conversed with the usual, for more than a hi and 'how's it going?'.

But being who I am I watched.
I noticed most of the guys there were not really training, they were posing.
Some were there for the girls, others for the boys.
The younger ones used to try to impress, lifting weights they could not without help, and then walking around with chests out and arms extended to the side, to pretend they were bigger than what they were.
It was pathetic, actually.
Reminded me of my observations at the dance clubs, back when I used to go to them, once in a blue moon.

There were all the girls dancing in a group, or in twos, in the middle - you know showing off their tits and asses, overt sexual displays imitating copulation movements.
Then there were all these dudes dancing around them, swaying, trying to catch their eye, and shit.

It was interesting from an anthropological perspective.
Gone were the days when a boy asked a girl to dance, one on one.
Now it's become indirect, displaying, feigning disinterest, being cool and aloof.

A friend of mine, and I, were at a club once. I saw this girl swaying by the dance floor.
Black guys used to go over and talk to her - I assumed they were asking her to dance - and were turned down.
I thought she might not be into black guys, so I went over and asked her myself, and got promptly turned down.
Went back to the table, my ego shattered, and told my friend what had happened.
I told him to watch her.

There she still was swaying right on the edge of the dance floor, turning down guy after guy.
Told my friend that she was there for the thrill fo the attention. She loved being approached and having that power to reject.
There was a slight curl to her lip, like she was enjoying it.
My friend was a bit drunk, so after he watched a bit he had enough. He got up and walked over to her, and told her exactly what i had said. Then he came back to the table.

Suddenly she began looking our way.
In about fifteen minutes she was at our table.
Fuckin' classic.
Bitches be crazy.
Once you know why and what is going on, it's all natural. You realize how similar to animals we are, despite what these life-hating cowards arrogant humble ones think.

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Sure, it's no secret that some bodybuilders are fags just as I've noticed how some philosophers cling to intellectualisms to compensate for their physical weakness and girlish bodies. These types are rather pathetic; they are too much of cowards to acquire physical strength, so they hide inside of their minds like the pussies they are and perform " mental weightlifting " via rambling about dull, unpractical drivel. And using big words as a way of flexing their " intellectual muscles". Weaklings.

Also, this nonsense about weightlifting being homoerotic is exactly what feminists say as way of crushing down male camaraderie and virility. The ones who view weightlifting as such are probably the most effeminate and faggy; projecting their own homosexual framework onto everything."Get your head out of the gutter!" seems appropriate here.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Sure, it's no secret that some bodybuilders are fags just as I've noticed how some philosophers cling to intellectualisms to compensate for their physical weakness and girlish bodies. These types are rather pathetic; they are too much of cowards to acquire physical strength, so they hide inside of their minds like the pussies they are and perform " mental weightlifting " via rambling about dull, unpractical drivel. And using big words as a way of flexing their " intellectual muscles". Weaklings.

Also, this nonsense about weightlifting being homoerotic is exactly what feminists say as way of crushing down male camaraderie and virility. The ones who view weightlifting as such are probably the most effeminate and faggy; projecting their own homosexual framework onto everything."Get your head out of the gutter!" seems appropriate here.
indeed.
Athleticism is nothing to be ashamed of, nor is showing your body.
The homoerotic element need not go beyond a certain limit.

Just on a side-note:

We are ALL compensating for something or other.
This is like saying someone is projecting, or has fear in him or her.

We are all weak and ignorant, to varying degrees.
This does not make us equal, but only creatures sharing in the same existence.

All these are part of the human condition.

Where things diverge is the method, the motive, and the quality.

reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:54 pm

PR

The descent or ancestry of weight lifting traces back to the beginning of recorded history, where man's interest with physical prowess can be found in many ancient writings.  A 5,000 y.o. Chinese text documents how soldiers had to pass a lifting test and many pre-historic tribes had a traditional test of "manhood" which was the lifting of a special rock.  To understand life in ancient Egypt one only needs to see the depictions on the walls of the pyramids and see that a variety of sporting activities, including weight lifting, were part of ancient Egypt. The winner and the loser were both applauded, the winner for his superiority and the loser for his sporting spirit.  Weight lifting is indeed a noble sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:00 pm

reasonvemotion wrote: "A 5,000 y.o. Chinese text documents how soldiers had to pass a lifting test and many pre-historic tribes had a traditional test of "manhood" which was the lifting of a special rock."

Interesting; I never knew about that. That's cool. I will have to read on that more.

And thank you once again for making an intelligent and meaningful comment Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
And thank you once again for making an intelligent and meaningful comment Smile
Don't thank someone for being an echo chamber, you fucking retard Twisted Evil. The greatest service one can be to another is to prove them wrong. I kind of see you as a emotionally stunted nihilist trying to compensate for a deficit of some kind, and this is your outlet. So have i proven you wrong? Or have you still not learned?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't mind constructive criticism, but I havn't seen much of it on this thread. Lots of drivel about weightlifting being a futile surrogate activity and homosexual bodybuilders. Nothing of substance. What am I compensating for? Take a stab in the dark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:42 pm

You tell me. It's a fringe anonymous forum that exchanges ideas in pursuit intellectual curiosity. Everything you say is extremely biased and personal. As if there's any kind of emotional relationships going around. Maybe you got mommy issues, go deal with them first, then return and be more objective + non-personal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:52 pm

So I weight-lift because of mommy issues? That's cute, blood. I admire your challenging spirit, but it's mistaken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Deflection, deflection, deflection.

In relative terms you could seen as a sycophant version of all of these retards who come here to best Satyr. Not realizing that they have already lost when they have decided to go onto some forum and spill their guts for everyone to see. You should become more cold hearted, it's healthier, and more clarifying. Although perhaps are we born these ways, something in ones nature.

Last edited by There Will Be Blood on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:01 pm

See. You have still not learned. What did i say above?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Wow where did that come from? Completely irrelevant. I agree with the bulk of Satyr's material, but not everything. Try to best him? I didn't come here for that. I rarely try to refute him. Nice last resort though, blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Ehm, is this a joke? Google the word sycophant, if you didn't understand. See that's the thing, this is all fun, but you obviously can't think very clearly. You have totally misunderstood. Try to remove emotional interests, read again, and treat it all as a puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Primal says, "Some people are trying to overcomplicate and take shots at my weight-lifting mission. Haters are gonna hate."

To him, any diverse views on the subject immediately become "hatred".
How emotional of him.

Asceticism at its core is basically the production and Harnessing of heat, fervour.

Its about becoming your own self-sufficient source of energy, like the sun. In I.E. theology, the sun is regarded as the greatest ascetic producing its own heat, and as a by-the-way bringing life to something [an earth] in the process.

What is 'body'-building when the senses don't sharpen and emotions aren't disciplined and the spirit doesn't disengage with the mundane and tend to simplification, spontaneity, simultaneously with physical effort? It becomes body-production.

What is 'body-building' when you have not built your ear-muscles along-with the rest?

His shortcuts like doing drugs to feeling good or building body is justified with some half-baked reading of Nietzsche saying, "good is all that increases the feeling of power"... That would justify any kind of degenerate lifestyle. To a rapist, good is.... ?

He's more concerned in wanting to Appear intimidating and strong and masculine.

The image of strength is no substitute for strength.

The feeling and euphoria of power is no substitute for power.

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Last edited by Lyssa on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Ah, look! Lyssa decided to tag-team with ya. I know what a yes-man is, Blood. But I insinuated that I wasn't here to best Satyr. And why would I try to best Satyr via being a yes-man? Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Ah, look! Lyssa decided to tag-team with ya.
Are you hurt? Lets go to the bathroom together.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The meta-physics of weight lifting. The meta-physics of weight lifting.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The meta-physics of weight lifting.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next