Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Food and Health

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anfang

Anfang

Food and Health - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 pm

Avocados contain mannoheptulose, a not-digestable insulin secretion inhibitor. In earlier times it was used to induce diabetes in lab animals. So don't be surprised if your blood sugar level gets particularly high after eating an avocado. But it could be a lot worse, you could crack and grind the avocado's seed and eat it, as some food-and-health journals have recommended. Maybe add some sugar to mask the bitter taste. Apparently in Mexico they use the ground seed and mix it with some fat, there they use it as a poison for rats.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 8:43 pm

I'm re-formulating my diet since I've gone keto.

I'll probably be doing this:
Breakfast
3x Eggs (Avocado oil (maybe replace with butter later) for pan), heavily salted
4x Turkey bacon
1 oz walnuts
200mg magnesium
1660 mg omega3 fish oil
10mg boron

Dinner
2.5cup riced cauliflower
2 tbsp butter
8oz tuna albacore OR lean chicken/beef (any)
1 oz macademia nuts
--

I noticed I didn't really feel hungry at lunch time. I have to keep ontop of electrolytes, though. This is not sustainable if you're not overweight. I may also get rid of the fish oil.

This is actually only 90g of protein, so less than half of what I'll need. Apparently my minimum should be 140g protein.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm

OMAD:
4x Turkey Bacon (8g protein)
3x Eggs (18g protein)
1.5cu Riced Cauliflower
2 tbsp butter
1x 4 oz tuna can (29g protein)
2oz (cubed) cheese
2x Serving protein shake (25g proteinx2)
1x Serving collagen (11g protein)
--
Salt food (lite salt), magnesium supplement at night.

My target weight is an active lifestyle 175 lbs - or more in lean muscle. I eat what I strive to be.'
-----
May modify:

Eggsx6: .9 : 546
Cauliflower rice 1.5 cup: 2.26 : 60
Butter 2 tbsp: .2 : 200
Cubed cheese 4 oz: 1 : 440
Bacon 4/4/3: 1.22 : 385
Tuna 4oz: 1.7 : 100
Protein shake 2 serving: 2 : 220
Colligen 1 serving (subscribed) 1.15 : 70
2 gal water: 2

Magnesium supplement:na
Boron:na

.9+2.26+.2+1+1.22+1.7+2+1.15+2=$12.43
546+60+200+440+385+100+220+70=2021 calories
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 2:14 pm

One meal a day is very difficult with all the protein (literally cannot finish my meal). I have to find a method of increasing fat intake - that'll go down easier and add calories.

Ideally I'd cut out 2 eggs of the 6, do 1 protein shake serving. Don't want to nix the cheese; but I cannot finish (let alone start) that. The cauliflower rice may be holding me back with all the fiber; but I need the vegetables (or so I'm told).
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm

This sounds all very complicated. I do the 8/16 routine.
8 hour phase where I eat what I want.
16 hour phase where I don't eat.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Sounds more reasonable.

Ketoade, 2x Protein shake, collagen, tuna when I get up (7:30-8:00 am).
4 eggs, 5 pig bacon, .75 cup cauliflower rice, 1tbsp butter, 2 oz cheese (9:00-9:30 am).
2 more eggs, .75 cup cauliflower and 2 oz cheese available if I'm still hungry - before 11:30 am (work).
Coffee (1pm)

This won't be enough calories, though (if not still hungry after 9:30 meal). I still need to find fats - something easy to bring at work. Cheese would work - but eating it alone may be a bad idea.
----

That's also the biggest issue with an 8/16 hour phase - I require a meal that I'd consume out of the home - and doesn't have carbs if I remain on keto. I have budgetary concerns I'm balancing with this.

Right now it's fine, I can do 8 hours - and I think I will; but that changes with things.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 3:36 pm

It's not like I have to eat throughout that 8 hour phase. Basically I just try to have at least a 16 hour phase where I don't eat, only drink water if I feel like it.
I do this regiment because I have more energy and it keeps my weight around where I want it to be.
I've heard of this eat once a day diet but I don't see how I could eat the amount of calories I need in one meal.
It depends, but at times I skip breakfast because I usually feel more hungry in the evening than in the morning when doing this. If you have a lunch break where you work it's possible to incorporate this 16 hour phase that way in your work routine.

But this is just what I do, doesn't have to work for everybody else. People have different genetics and what works for them.

Edit: I don't do this Keto diet. Real sourdough bread all the way.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Macademia nuts solve the calorie, but not the budget problem. Those are delicious; easily ate 2 oz; 400 cal. That's 8g carbs, though.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Chia pudding recipe is alright sounding

Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Heavy cream is my new cheap method of calorie acquisition.

8:30 am
Tuna 4oz: 1.7 : 100
Protein shake 2 serving: 2 : 220
Heavy cream 2 oz: cheap : 200 cal
Colligen 1 serving (subscribed): 1.15 : 70

Before 11am
Eggsx4: .6 : 374
Cauliflower rice .75 cup: 1.13 : 30
Butter 1 tbsp: .1 : 100
Turkey Bacon 4/4/3: 1.22 : 385 or pork bacon 3/2: : 400

Before 2:30 pm
Macademia nut 1oz: 1.2 : 200
Cubed cheese 2 oz: .5 : 220

Throughout day
2 gal water: 2
Ketoade: mio, water, salt, potassium
Magnesium supplement: 400mg
Boron: 9mg
Vitamin D3+MK7:
----
1.50 cup Cauliflower was too much. Anyway, I'm trying this. I'll be posting what I try until it works. I was able to just barely get this down before 11 am
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Slaughtz wrote:
Chia pudding recipe is alright sounding

Source (in german): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Chia is being propagated as a superfood.
-no studies to verify any health benefits
-some studies suggest Chia might lead to more inflammation and allergies
-15 years ago the animal feed industry tried it for feeding chicken but yolk turned out smaller than desired so it was dropped again
-now it’s marketed as a healthy supplement for your cereal

-EFSA is recommending a maximum amount of 15g per day (one table spoon)
-Chia seeds are capable of binding a lot of water (25x of its own mass)
-flaxseed, a comparable seed is only capable of binding half as much water
-It is known that dry flaxseeds should not be eaten in large quantities (more than a spoon) because it can bind the water which is located in your intestinal tissue, dry that tissue out too much and you get a stuck clump mass which requires surgery to be removed and clear the passage again.

If you are lucky those trendy superfoods don’t mess with your health too much.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Suspected the chia seed thing was fad as well - but for the texture of it, as something different, seemed alright.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 2:11 am

I was having major stress and irritability, resolved immediately by vitamin c. Wanted to avoid it, but I gave up on fasting (vitamin c interferes with fat burning when fasting) until my mitochondria are fat adapted. Not enough energy. I have to pace myself and switch between fasting and not fasting, so my adrenals aren't shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Following a low-to-zero FODMAP/Paleo diet here, for health reasons.. and gotta pace too, but it ain’t that bad now.

..and Hello. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 1:13 pm

Datura wrote:
Following a low-to-zero FODMAP/Paleo diet here, for health reasons.. and gotta pace too, but it ain’t that bad now.

..and Hello. Smile

Hello to you too.
Is the diet helping, are you feeling better, having more energy?
Or is it more of a I want to look more attractive kind of diet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Anfang wrote:
Datura wrote:

..and Hello. Smile

Hello to you too.
Is the diet helping, are you feeling better, having more energy?
Or is it more of a I want to look more attractive kind of diet?
Lol.. the former aids the latter, so more energy equals optimal aesthetics, as.. without energy, what are we and what can we do?

Feeling fantastic thank-you, but it’s a thin line I still tread, but getting broader with each and every week, but to what end and outcome? that is an unknown.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:12 pm

This sounds like a long-winded, obfuscated way of saying you do it to look better.
In any case I hope you stay on your thin line and don't get broader every week.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Anfang wrote:
A little broadness in the right places aint so bad. Twisted Evil

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Anfang wrote:
This sounds like a long-winded, obfuscated way of saying you do it to look better.
You’ll go far with your obfuscated insight, as you know nothing more than what I’ve said, and so you give a heavy-handed reply in return.

I don’t like that type.. heavy hands and heavy heart Neutral

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Why is my use of the term ‘broader’ being equated to the physical? I was aiming towards the mental.. this is philosophy after-all. But your reply was cool. Wink

Once the mental is in check, the physical will look after itself.. the concept has been around for 1000s of years, ya know.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Anfang wrote:

Yes, some ruin their figure with over-doing it with the weight or lack there-off.
Some say you just don't get back those proportions once you ruined them.

Datura wrote:
You’ll go far with your obfuscated insight, as you know nothing more than what I’ve said, and so you give a heavy-handed reply in return.

I don’t like that type.. heavy hands and heavy heart Neutral Neutral

Don't worry, I was not sad when writing that.
But I get the impression that you are maybe sad about something and I don't mean my reply.

Carbohydrates make people happier, some genetic types at least. If those people don't get their carbs then they are lacking some nutrients which their body requires. Not everybody is made for low carb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Anfang wrote:
Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Anfang wrote:

Yes, some ruin their figure with over-doing it with the weight or lack there-off.
Some say you just don't get back those proportions once you ruined them.

Datura wrote:

I don’t like that type.. heavy hands and heavy heart Neutral Neutral

Don't worry, I was not sad when writing that.
But I get the impression that you are maybe sad about something and I don't mean my reply.

Carbohydrates make people happier, some genetic types at least. If those people don't get their carbs then they are lacking some nutrients which their body requires. Not everybody is made for low carb.
What are you implying here? that I don’t know myself and therefore my daily input and requirement?

Your focus on one aspect of what I initially said is very telling.

I always speak in broad terms, but you equate the meaning to the physical and not the mental. Why?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

I'm saying you are cranky.
You are right, it doesn't have to be the low-carb diet, could be that cranky is your general constitution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:26 pm

Anfang wrote:
I'm saying you are cranky.
You are right, it doesn't have to be the low-carb diet, could be that cranky is your general constitution.
Lololol.. yeah, you are probably right, as I do consume carbs, just not starchy/state-approved physiology-damaging GMO pesticide-riddled shit.

Carbs subdue and suppress, so best to find the right carbs for you, as we know what works for ourselves better than anyone else could ever tell us.

We weren’t made to process a large amount of carbs.. it aids burn-out, and does nothing for a clean and life-long pleasing aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 6:55 pm

I did another 48 hour fast, excruciating hunger the last 18 hours of it. Same as the first one.

I think I'd be more suited to trying alternate day fasting. I experienced very little disturbances the first 24 hours of fasting. I could manage 16:8, but that is too cognitive. Mostly, I'll aim for ADF and eating when I'm hungry, still <20g carbs.

I guess it's expected that I'd try out things - see what works for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 12:23 pm

I find that 2 meals a day, along with pertinent supps, is enough for me, and reflects my energy output.. consuming only what can be burned, of which waking up starving is a good indicator of ill-excess.

Modern sedentary life requires we supplement ill-activity with exercise, of which weights is my preferable choice of activity.. it offers quicker gains over a shorter length of time, which is my kinda math - add a bit of homeopathy to the mix, and I’m hoping that maintaining my current state won’t be so much of a balancing act, but become a self-sustaining state. Very Happy

Anyone tried homeopathic remedies?

Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Datura wrote:
Modern sedentary life requires we supplement ill-activity with exercise, of which weights is my preferable choice of activity.

What kind of weights you utilize? With recent events closing down all gyms in the area, Ive considered buying my own weights and developing a home gym so i can save on the monthly payment and drive.

Never really tried homeopathic remedies since i usually dont get sick but i do feel lethargic, although i think that's more a cause of my excessive consumption of caffeine usually around 200-300mg per working day.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 11:56 am

Impulso Oscuro wrote:

What kind of weights you utilize? With recent events closing down all gyms in the area, Ive considered buying my own weights and developing a home gym so i can save on the monthly payment and drive.
I use dumbbells as I find that they’re conducive to a more symmetrical workout, as opposed to a barbell, which can favour our stronger side and so cause dissymmetry - my workouts (reps/sets/kilos) are geared towards hypertrophy and strength, as opposed to endurance or power, which offer little hypertrophy.. I guess I’d call it fitness training, as opposed to physique training which gives a much more muscular look than I prefer.

Yeah.. most people I know who workout have their own weights or a home gym.. good for those of us less-sociable types. Wink What! you mean you haven’t done weights since lockdown? Lol, I’ve never seen so many people doing home workouts on IG.. I guess that workout comedown gets the better of us all.

Quote :
Never really tried homeopathic remedies since i usually dont get sick but i do feel lethargic, although i think that's more a cause of my excessive consumption of caffeine usually around 200-300mg per working day.
A morning coffee is said to be good for lethargy, but anymore than that and it starts to go downhill on the energy front.. though a few morning coffees in a row remain conducive to decent energy levels.

I’m new to homeopathy, and I’d say it really kicks ass Laughing but the first dose forces all the symptoms to surface, which doesn’t kick ass, but makes you look and/or feel like crap.. one prescribed remedy made me feel crap, the second and most recent one made me look like crap, but I was told that that means it’s working. Definitely worth looking into. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Happy birthday btw Impulso.. what a day to be born on, ey? Smile

Did you celebrate?
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 am

Datura wrote:
I use dumbbells as I find that they’re conducive to a more symmetrical workout, as opposed to a barbell, which can favour our stronger side and so cause dissymmetry - my workouts (reps/sets/kilos) are geared towards hypertrophy and strength, as opposed to endurance or power, which offer little hypertrophy.. I guess I’d call it fitness training, as opposed to physique training which gives a much more muscular look than I prefer.

Yeah.. most people I know who workout have their own weights or a home gym.. good for those of us less-sociable types. Wink What! you mean you haven’t done weights since lockdown? Lol, I’ve never seen so many people doing home workouts on IG.. I guess that workout comedown gets the better of us all.

I see, never thought about it that way before, i have noticed that while benching my right hand doing most of the effort. Nah, guilty as charged just bodyweight and cardio for me lately.

Datura wrote:
A morning coffee is said to be good for lethargy, but anymore than that and it starts to go downhill on the energy front.. though a few morning coffees in a row remain conducive to decent energy levels.

I’m new to homeopathy, and I’d say it really kicks ass Laughing but the first dose forces all the symptoms to surface, which doesn’t kick ass, but makes you look and/or feel like crap.. one prescribed remedy made me feel crap, the second and most recent one made me look like crap, but I was told that that means it’s working. Definitely worth looking into. Very Happy

Yeah i tend to crash sooner than i used to, unfortunately my profession often demands attention while being mostly sedentary and appearing tired is looked down upon.

I think before i try anything, i might use the break given by recent events to try to reset and reduce my dependence on caffeine and get more sleep.

Datura wrote:
Happy birthday btw Impulso.. what a day to be born on, ey? Smile

Did you celebrate?

Thank you Datura, yeah I was the baby wrapped in pink clothing Embarassed

No celebrations, but i enjoyed myself anyways.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food and Health
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next