Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Regret

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Regret Regret EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.
Henry David Thoreau

No one wants to be reminded of their regrets. It is an unenviable place to live. It can dominate one's existence and become an energy draining pit, or it can be a quiet whisper that speaks to you in bewilderment. Carl Jung believed that "until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate".

Why don't some people consciously make the decision to take care of themselves, mentally, uncover these subconscious wounds and doggedly heal themselves. Why, become caught up in the harrowing knowledge that the desired will now never be, cannot be. The chance was missed. No amount of reasoning will change this and yet sometimes, some of us refuse to move on and the hard core truth of the matter is most of us have regret.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Regret:
Nostalgia, wishing to re-address what has now slipped into the past
A desire to undo what was done, or to do what was left undone.
A mind which has, grown, increased in experience, to where it wishes it could relive circumstances and deal with them differently.

Regret is part of resentiment.
Usually when one dislikes where he is at, in the immediate, regrets what he failed to do and not do in the past, which could have changed his present.

The linear nature of ordering in the disordering, makes this process of learning through trial and error inescapable.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Black Panther

Black Panther

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.
I can relate to that quote. Never seen it but went through similar experiences with my main regrets, the things I missed out on and couldn't bring myself to do when I was younger. First for ten years or so I tried to push away the memory of it being bad, transform it into something that was okay or necessary or where I had had no choice. Then finally one night I decided that I wasn't able to fool myself anymore and had to just accept that I was really extremely sorry for having let all that slip... and I cried and screamed and destroyed my furniture for a bout a week and tore up my carpet and in the end of it I had been reborn, and the regret had made way for something else, something like depth.

The regret began and grew in me as resentment but that was the phase where I wasn't actually able to accept that i regretted it. I just regretted and regretted that there was something to regret and that regret is actually possible to that extent, all that was sad and regrettable and made life bleak. Finally the meaning of what I had lost dawned on me and I realized that my regretting not getting and doing all that means only that I want to do and get it.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:01 pm

1. Regret need not always be negative; it can be a source of positive stimulus - eg. people who go into rehab. regretting their lifestyles, etc.

2. Sometimes regret is not just what we feel, but what we are Made to feel - by society, and by the 'perceptual event-horizons' we have set/Made set for ourselves. Extend or diminish the boundary a little, and maybe it doesn't appear like regret anymore.
Social enforcements of regrets, remorse [remorse being shame on our regrets] lead to guilt and expiation through some form of scapegoating.

3. Regrets most always operate on Linear times; this is where it derives its nudge from. Because of the uni-directional thinking and experience of living leading to ressentiment.

Hence Zarathustra;

Quote :
"Thus the will, the liberator, took to hurting; and on all who can suffer he wreaks revenge for his inability to go backwards. This, indeed this alone is what revenge is: the will's ill will against time and its 'it was.' . . .
"Because there is suffering in those who will, inasmuch as they cannot will backwards, willing itself and all life were supposed to be—a punishment. . . . 'Everything passes away; therefore everything deserves to pass away. And this too is justice, this law of time that it must devour its children.' . . .
"'Can there be redemption if there is eternal justice? Alas, the stone It was cannot be moved: all punishments must be eternal too.' . . .
“No deed can" be annihilated: how could it be undone by punishment? This, this is what is eternal in the punishment called existence, that existence must eternally become deed and guilt again. Unless the will should at last redeem himself, and willing should become not willing.' . . .
. . . , 'The will is a creator.' All 'it was' is a fragment, a riddle, a dreadful accident—until the creative will says to it, 'But thus I willed it.' Until the creative will says to it, 'But thus I will it; thus shall I will it.'
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4. The importance of forgetfulness:
"The heroic human being despises [...] the measuring of things by the standard of himself [...]. His strength lies in forgetting himself.’ This is also a call for the courage that will be needed to go against one’s age, which will involve forgetting about the concomitant risks to one’s person.
Nietzsche writes: `a man who did not possess the power of forgetting at all and who was thus condemned to see everywhere a state of becoming: such a man would no longer believe in his own being [...]. Forgetting is essential to action of any kind.’ [1,`On the Uses and Dis- advantages of History for Life', x1] "

5. Regret also is consequence of the absolutist either/or nihilism;

"I see it all perfectly. There are two possible situations – one can do either this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: Do it, or do not do it –you will regret both. [Kierkegaard, Either/Or]

6. And the other way - Because of multiple alternatives;

Quote :
"Regret, then, emerges from the feeling of disappointment when we contrast the actual outcome of our actions to some possible (more favorable) outcome that our counterfactual thinking allows us to imagine (the question of whether such counterfactual scenarios are themselves reasonable or not is an entirely different matter). That is why Camille et al. studied regret in people with damage to the orbitofrontal cortex: the hypothesis was that these individuals, unlike normal human beings, would be able to experience regret, because their cognitive and emotional pathways were uncoupled by the brain injury...

The results were as clear as one could have hoped for: disappointment (learning one had lost the gamble) turned into the stronger emotion of regret (when one acquires knowledge of what would have happened if one had chosen the alternative action) in normal individuals. Patients with orbitofrontal damage, however, experienced disappointment, but no regret whatsoever, in accordance with the hypothesis that -- while still interested in the outcome of their gamble -- they were incapable of emotionally processing counterfactual thinking."

7. Like some of the questions in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Black Panther

Black Panther

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:40 pm

That is deep stuff I can't think about all that at once. I can identify a lot with the things that were said about revenge on time because this is what emotionally happened to me as well. After this domestic violence crisis I went through for a week that cost me my residence ultimately I felt I had somehow killed my history, ripped it apart, I was eating its raw meat I was screaming and roaring, it was pretty insane but I had my vengeance.

So as I see it regret is just a stimulus like the hasish smoked by the has-hashins (assassins) in order to gain transformation by violence. No transformation is peaceful and regret is maybe what we feel when we're "pacifistic"... looking in the cruel eye of time.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:28 am

Excerpt from The Joker's Forum.

Joker wrote:
[quote]Smears? As in...?
[quote]  

Black Panther wrote:

Quote :
Non Capisco.

Do you know DDXXL/Pervert187? He told me that this forum was about. He hangs out at many deepweb places, I know him from Crete.

I like to get high because to be high beats not being heigh. Im always looking to get high or when Im already high then to get higher. With the use of alcohols and herbals I take to the skies as I listen to my own tracks in my garage right now. I got it all isolated, I will post some tracks for you boys.

Life is sweet if you're distracted from the Man.
Are you a philosopher? I can't stand philosophers, pretentious white people with small hearts and oversized brains. I assume many of them are celibate. I can't live as a celibate preachers even though I love wisdom.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:19 am

The method of self-numbing is used by all Nihilists.

The more honest kind, like the ones found in that new forum, are more direct and upfront with their desire to escape, to self-medicate, to run and hide from the world and from themselves.
The less honest, the hypocrites, like on that other forum, used words, and more duplicitous methods to accomplish the same goal.

I've divided Nihilistic psychology along sexual predispositions.

The Masculine form of Nihilism and the Feminine form.

The Masculine form is attracted, to the absolute void, the womb, the emptiness.
His desire to return to the nil, really masks a secret motive: to wipe it clean, in the hope that what will emerge will be to his advantage.

The Feminine form is attracted to order, to the word, the norm, popular, current.
It is modern through and through.
Here the established is comforting, the sheltering is desirable ...the institutionalized, regimented, is the "healthy".
But because reality contradicts all of that, the duplicitous, more coy, feminine nihilist, flees into words.
With the code, the word, all can be corrected, redefined, changed for the better.
The more detached from sensual perception the word is, the more it is solipsistic, self-referential, referring and deferring to within the institutionalized norms, all the more relieving, and "positive" it is.  
For this type all is words.
Words cut-off from reality ...in contradiction to the experienced.
This is why their "arguments" are declarative, emotionally based, and when they dare to think outside themselves, they always defer and refer to other thinkers using words.
the real, the perceived, what is all around them, is ignored, avoided...it is superficial, or too complex for them to tackle.
Despite what they see they wish to be told what it means, and what it means must always be flattering, comforting or, at least, correctable.

The feminine nihilist, the most common type in this culture of nil, the word is not a symbol for what is perceived, a tool for revealing, exposing, describing the world, but it is a tool for escaping, burying, contradicting the perceived.
The world of multiplicity, of no absolutes, no justice, no moral outside social needs, must be buried under words by the true nihilist, the hypocrite.
If equality is a human construct then, for him, all must pretend it is factual.
Nobody should speak ill of it. All must remain silent before its lie.
He knows, he tells himself, but he pretends not to; he pretends to not care.
But he does care. He cares about remaining silent, and about making the pretense appear authentic.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Black Panther

Black Panther

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:28 pm

I think Joker thought that I was the guy called Smears, who lives on the ILP forum. That was what that was about. I am glad if it is amusing! Anyway I looked and it turns out Smears is a pretty decent guy, at least someone who has a decent life and isn't difficult about it. That is a rare thing to see where I'm from.

Satyr, for me weed is not numbing but the opposite. The daily reality of this world is numbing with all its equality and sterility. I seek to get away from that as long as I can't change it. It's not numbing but opening up directions to experience.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Black Panther wrote:
That is deep stuff I can't think about all that at once. I can identify a lot with the things that were said about revenge on time because this is what emotionally happened to me as well. After this domestic violence crisis I went through for a week that cost me my residence ultimately I felt I had somehow killed my history, ripped it apart, I was eating its raw meat I was screaming and roaring, it was pretty insane but I had my vengeance.
You beat your wife/gf. or the other way?

And how did you extract your vengeance?

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Black Panther

Black Panther

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:08 am

Non je ne regrette rien, parce que je me ne souviens rien, j'ai tout oublié et je me trouve dans l'absence parfaite, dans la pureté. La vie m'a donné des fleurs fanée, qui j'ai mangé et alors maintenant j'ai mal au ventre, je veux vomir - dégobiller, exorciser cet esprit mal a l'aise dans ce terre malentendu, sinon je me trouve les moyens d'en fait apprendre les lois de ce domaine.
Back to top Go down

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:37 am

Thé à la menthe , et un peu de repos . Parlons du matin , mon cher.
Back to top Go down

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Regret is egotistical in one of two fundamental modes with the second one following being more superficial than the other : 1) that one regrets a past choice, action, sets one up into believing that one was better than one actually was at the time; unacceptance, unaccountability ; 2) the common declaration that one has no regrets, again setting one up into unaccountability of one's past choices, this time believing that these don't have consequences, where one is complacent with one's inferiority, or perfect just the way they are. Both cases are denial of one's true self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regret Regret Empty

Back to top Go down

Regret
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: