Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) Empty
PostSubject: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 pm

The Way of Men

This book is written by the author Jack Donovan. It's about the fundamental nature of masculinity or manhood, how and why it evolved to aid in human survival. The author rejects Judeo-Christian moral and feminist interpretations of masculinity; he takes a raw, amoral look on the subject. The book is, therefore, somewhat controversial; feminists and moralists seem to be the ones who love talking about masculinity the most, trying to twist it for their own agendas. The author points this out in the book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Erik on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hǣþen
hero
hǣþen

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:01 am

A great introduction for the average Joe.

Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:55 pm

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 pm

I watched the video, Lyssa. I couldn't help but notice how much he reminds me of Aurini haha; the whole exaggerated mannerisms - seemed pretentious. But apart from that, his book is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:03 pm

I still cant believe hes homosexual, i guess there are a few like the Youtube user "Fringeelements" who arent willing to indulge in an age that caters to them or at least to the same degree as the others...

Or perhaps they indulge in the destruction of the modern system.

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
I still cant believe hes homosexual, i guess there are a few like the Youtube user "Fringeelements" who arent willing to indulge in an age that caters to them or at least to the same degree as the others...

I thought him being a homosexual was just a rumor....damn....that's....very ironic.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
I watched the video, Lyssa.

Boyd Rice in your sig.? The Church of Satan, etc.?

One of the 11 satanic rules;
"Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself."

sounds like the MRA...

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm not a Satanist; I have my own code of honor.

Sound like an MRA? Was I, really, that whinny?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
I'm not a Satanist; I have my own code of honor.

Sound like an MRA? Was I, really, that whinny?

Why did you remove your signature?

That Boyd Rice quote speaking of Nature's eternal perfection smacked of MRA romanticism, and your code of honour praising nature's brutality are at cross-ends; shows me you haven't really thought things through.

And sounded whinny where?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 7:14 pm

How did it smack of MRA romanticism?

I removed Boyd Rice's signature because I slightly altered the quote. He wrote at the end, " Nature's eternal Fascism ". I don't have anything against political fascism, but I thought the word ' brutality ' would be more suiting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Dude, you once told her it was a just wierd nitch to share page long quotes and so on, as though it has no value whatever so ever because you got nothing out of it. Everything must be self-echoing to some degree, and scripts give no feedback loops. This is kind of the case?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 pm

What are you getting at, bloody boy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Well you probably knew, just picking up on patterns. I quite like it, others possibly frustrated.

Give me your opinions on bi-sexual males, or even straight gay sex like prion rape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 pm

I think I've actually done it. Congratulations, you have now stared into the abyss. Possibly trigger growth. Anything else would be anti-Nietzschean.

Quote :
bloody boy?
That is actually appropriate, barely 19.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Are you referring to me uploading the ' Sayings of Nietzsche ' to my philosophy site? I'm confused....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:01 am

Dunno, just rolling a dice, seeing if it would strike a chord. Make of it as you will. Where is your philosophy site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:08 am

Question 

Last edited by Erik on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:34 am

Redbeard's writing style is totally manley. Think I'll start incorporating it. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation ) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Way of Men ( Book Recommendation )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1