Share | 

You might be RETARDED...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 5:32 pm

If you are of the opinion that someone must change his mind, every ten years or so, for no other reason than that he must change his mind, to prove he is progressing, even if he was smart enough early on to see clearly and not a dumb-ass who had to continuously revised his older bullshit....or someone must disagree with someone simply to prove he is not under this other's spell, no matter how much sense he is making, then you might be a RETARD!

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 pm

You might be a RETARD if after the age of 30 you use "It's all relative" as a defence against any opinion you cannot respond to, and if you think saying this means your opinion and the one that dominated you are equal...as in "Let us agree to disagree", and "It's all relative".

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 6:38 pm

You might be a RETARD if using threats, empty ones at that, is the only way you try to get noticed.
After sixth grade saying "I'll kill you" just sounds RETARDED.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 pm

If you continue insinuating a victory when you have nothing to prove it with, then this is a sure sign that you are one big, blabbering, hypocritical, desperate, man-child RETARD!!!

Almost as retarded as saying "I shamed you".
As if saying it makes it true...owing to how magical words are.
As if nobody notices what is going on, and you have to put it in their minds which way you want them to go.
It's also sort of pathetic...and a bit funny.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu May 28, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Satyr wrote:
If changing the world is more important to you, than changing yourself in relation to the world, and you insist that others come on your side...then you are WEAK, and a RETARD.  

I agree with most of your statements, except this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 6:52 pm

That's your problem.
Change the world...surprise me.

Notice the word "more", as in "more important"?

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Satyr wrote:
That's your problem.
Change the world...surprise me.

Notice the word "more", as in "more important"?

The probability is low of me changing it but I place more value on it than my own personal self. Though I don't know why, they really don't deserve any of my kindness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 pm

I do know why though, just a stupid figure of speech I used. Why because I am a charitable person who just wants to see all creatures smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Maybe a shift in motive is what will serve you best.
As in change yourself in relation to the world, and preserve what is valuable to you by finding those of your kind, and sharing.

A tribe within a tribe, or a wolf pack amongst the herd, the bison herd.
Wear their skins, smell like them, moo if you have to, but know what you are in relation to them and recognise those of your kind among them.

Don't save them, that's a naive Christian motive...save what matters and those that matter.  
Save what is, for you, ideal.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 7:58 pm

If you've spent over ten years idolizing the one who taught you to break idols, and became a secular humanist after reading Thus Spake Zarathurstra, then you are definitely a RETARD.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 8:01 pm

If you have a set of quotes, you repeat and repeat again, without bothering to listen to what the other is saying or without trying to understand it...then.... yeeeeah, you are most probably one big RETARD.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 8:02 pm

If, for you, the statements "I know" and "I understand" mean the same thing, then you are a RETARD!

Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon wrote:
I do know why though, just a stupid figure of speech I used. Why because I am a charitable person who just wants to see all creatures smile.

So you'd advocate everyone perpetually taking whatever intoxicating substances are necessary to be in a permanent grinning stupor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 am

If you are over thirty and still display your "martial arts", striking at air with a gush of hot-air to make it sound impressive, then, you might be RETARDED.

Last edited by Satyr on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 am

If, at any point during a conversation, you have the balls to declare yourself "undefeated", in any arena, or deserving the cream of the crop, or that you will one day "revolutionize" human thought, and conquer the future, living for ever as a genius, then you are both desperate, and it smells, and definitely stunted, as in RETARDED in psychological development.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 am

If you idolize the idol breaker, and worship, the one who denies God, then you are a man-child, hiding in a man's uniform, and most definitely RETARDED.

Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:35 pm

If you've never worked a day in your life and you mistake the sheltering of parents and the smiling faces/attention in academia (the ones you pay for) as being how the world at large really is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:20 pm

If the word "mature", and/or "adult" are words you use to evade being exposed as the infantile, adolescent, imbecile that you truly are, living in perpetual Spring Break, then you are definitely, and most certainty, a moron, a hypocrite and....a RETARD.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:32 pm

If you believe there are, or ought to be, universal morals, meanings, purposes, then you are a coward, and an ignorant imbecile.
If, on the other hand, you think the absence of universal, morals, meanings, and purposes is a positive, then you are not a Nihilist, but misguided and brainwashed by linguistic traps.
If you consider such absences a "negative" then you are, truly and most certainly a Nihilist, and if you call yourself otherwise you are perhaps a hypocrite, an ignorant idiot, or simply RETARDED, as well.  

Last edited by Satyr on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:35 pm

If, with the term anarchist you mean a denier of human authority over your will, then you are simply stating your egotistical rejection of another's will.
If by anarchist you describe yourself philosophically as one denying all authority (law, rules, power, order), then you are a coward, a hypocrite, and a RETARD.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm

if you are able to see black from white here...

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
remark

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Satyr wrote:
If, getting laid is still a BIG deal for you...then you might be a RETARD.

I would say that if it is the BIGGEST deal for you....or the ONLY deal for you...then you  might be retarded.

I see nothing wrong with it being a BIG deal depending on the woman and the sex and its frequency.
All things must be evaluated and judged according to their own merits, no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:35 am

remark wrote:
Satyr wrote:
If, getting laid is still a BIG deal for you...then you might be a RETARD.

I would say that if it is the BIGGEST deal for you....or the ONLY deal for you...then you  might be retarded.

I see nothing wrong with it being a BIG deal depending on the woman and the sex and its frequency.
All things must be evaluated and judged according to their own merits, no?

It can never be a BIG deal as long as (we are/one is) limited to seduction and "game".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 am

If you find yourself in a relationship where your partner stimulates and inspires you, then the physical aspect is the smallest part of daily intercourse - the "cherry on the cake".
If this "cherry" is deficient then it might make the entire cake less sweet.

If it continues being the "biggest" part, over a long period of time, then the relationship is mostly physical, lustful, with the mental, spiritual, being more of a side-dish... the metaphorical "cherry" inverting it all; helping you to think of it as something more than what it is.

Part of maturity is not mistaking the means for the end - this is also what thinking objectively means.
An animal, remaining on a lower intellectual level, has only the end in focus, which is the simple objective of food, or water, or copulation, and has no other goal in sight; its motive is simple.
It cannot see beyond the sensation of gratification, which becomes, for it, the end in itself.
It evaluates, using this means, possessing no other criteria, saving itself from much stress.
Need drives the behaviour towards gratification: the end.
Animals, and simpler beings, are easiest to gratify, and, ironically, easiest to become discontented - their contentment being shallow, and simple, 'easy come easy go'.

Example: what if the female/male that gave you all that "good sex" frequently was sterile?
How long would you be content with that?
How long would pleasure, as an end in itself, suffice?
Perhaps, for you as it is for many others, for a lifetime.    

Not a "bid deal" to be "retarded", in this day and age.
It is expected, almost demanded of you.
A "slow" development, is the "new norm".

What I call "retarded", implying a stunting of physical/mental development, a state of mind maintaining the individual in perpetual infancy, or lifelong adolescence, is what another will call "boyish/girlish charm", or "a youthful spirit", relating to feminization: also called "subjectivity" when it means living within the confines of your sheltered certainty, with only self-gratification as the end justifying any, and all, means towards it - hedonism.
Not only is it not a "big deal" but it is the new standard of "health" and the measure of social adjustment.

The idea that all "things" have their own "merit", is part of being "healthy", and "well-adjusted, I guess.
All things possessing the intrinsic standard to then evaluate them - to measure copulation using copulation as its own standard; to find in other something to appreciate, and enjoy.
If the goal is self-gratification, I think you are correct.

If the goal is something beyond your personal needs and projected desires then evaluation leaves the confines of your subjectivity, and becomes harsh and uncompromising.
Allowing the statement...  
Quote :
depending on the woman and the sex and its frequency
...to hang, like a perspectivism icon, lacking clarity: a vague reference that can be integrated into any subjectivity, is part of the "charm" and the exuberance of youth.
To only want to 'have fun', enjoy yourself, 'get high', make love, give yourself to the animalistic ecstasies of existence... to simply be.
Such a privilege, such a joy.

mannequin

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:29 pm

This is kind of relevant, but I've been recently interested in how "love" calms the nervous system, matures the person giving and receiving it, and maintains sanity. Perhaps love is the wrong word, what's the word i'm looking for? continuous compassion or something, it sounds very religious, and perhaps even unrealistic giving the fact it may open you up to exploitation, but it doesn't have to include naivety or vulnerability, nor does it have to be globally projected, but i think it's wise to include at least one person into your life where this kind of bond takes place, seems kind of vital to growth too...I'm ok with this, but I always think it is never mutually reciprocated..this is the annoying part of life, in fact the more you actually put love towards somebody the less likely they are to actually return it...kinda messed up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mannequin

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:53 pm

That might be slightly idealistic of me though, to expect something other than what is actually there, i guess things moving on is apart of the cyclic nature of life, and more specifically human communication, this could be relative to the modern climate though, where "moving on" is actually a breaking down, or it just expressed like this in modern times, and the same thing has been expressed in the past, just differently.

It's kind of a hard time period, since technology exposes the human to a bigger world, where standards and expectations grow, and even preferences become really specific. The simple pre civilization pre technology life seemed more geared towards success, even without the objective of success, but a growing and living together, like success was a manifestation of an ordered reality, things seemed more genuine then, or perhaps that's just my interpretation of it and how i imagined it to be...This could still be apart of the idealism that is within me. As life comes to an end, i guess then you will truly know what it meant to be human. Clarity creates a nice comfort, even seems timeless in a way,..

I was standing by a river recently and the light from the sun was flickering and sparkling on the top, it was magical, a grand event to me, but the sun was shinning hard, no doubt it aided the river sparking in it's magical performance, increasing my endorphin and comfortable warmth from the heat making the event more perceptible...will the same thing happen in the winter? will i feel the same way? is it the impact of my feelings what makes it what it is? do i need to find an equal magical event during winter to reinforce the idealism of a beautiful world and remove doubt...or perhaps it's just an interesting effect..similar to a blood spurt from a knife wound..i find it hard to deny what is there regardless of it's associated light.. yeah, ever felt the nice cool breeze on your face and neck under the sun?, yeah now turn up the velocity and you have a fucking hurricane.

So civilization would be fairly selective of particular elements of nature where they do not present much danger, blocking out or keeping at bay all the natural stuff that threatens that comfort zone. There are many things born in that comfort zone, you know?..sometimes even worse than the natural stuff they try to keep out. Interestingly enough,and ironically so.. a lot of terrible things are born due to mistaking the comfort zone for actual reality, even worse not even a conscious mistaking, but a relative evolution that knows no better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
remark

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Satyr

Quote :
If you find yourself in a relationship where your partner stimulates and inspires you, then the physical aspect is the smallest part of daily intercourse - the "cherry on the cake".

I agree with this. There is no denying though that the physical aspect is still an important one to maintain intimacy/openness, not only sexual intimacy.
For instance, after my wife and I have had an argument, that kind of human intimacy helps cement the bond between us.

Quote :
If it continues being the "biggest" part, over a long period of time, then the relationship is mostly physical, lustful, with the mental, spiritual, being more of a side-dish... the metaphorical "cherry" inverting it all; helping you to think of it as something more than what it is.

Side-dish might be a good word to use but the relationship might be based on nothing but sex, an addiction. If that is all that holds the marriage/relationship together, the parties may stray.

Quote :
Part of maturity is not mistaking the means for the end - this is also what thinking objectively means.

Agreed.
You mean to say thinking objectively will hold this in mind.

Quote :
An animal, remaining on a lower intellectual level, has only the end in focus, which is the simple objective of food, or water, or copulation, and has no other goal in sight; its motive is simple.
It cannot see beyond the sensation of gratification, which becomes, for it, the end in itself.
It evaluates, using this means, possessing no other criteria, saving itself from much stress.
Need drives the behaviour towards gratification: the end.
Animals, and simpler beings, are easiest to gratify, and, ironically, easiest to become discontented - their contentment being shallow, and simple, 'easy come easy go'.  

One of the sure signs of maturity, one of them, is having the ability to delay gratification. It takes discipline and restraint. That is one of the things which holds us above the animals I think.

Quote :
Example: what if the female/male that gave you all that "good sex" frequently was sterile?
How long would you be content with that?
How long would pleasure, as an end in itself, suffice?
Perhaps, for you as it is for many others, for a lifetime.    

That would depend on the individuals themselves. A man or a woman who wanted to be a parent above all else might leave the marriage even though still loving the husband/wife. I think though that it also would depend on how strong the bond of marriage was and what each person brings into it. How much are the people willing to sacrifice.

Quote :
Not a "bid deal" to be "retarded", in this day and age.
It is expected, almost demanded of you.
A "slow" development, is the "new norm".

That would depend on what you're speaking about.
An irresponsible, immature person might look on someone who has the opposite of those qualities as  being "retarded".
In that case, it might not be such a big deal to be considered as retarded. Always look to the source.  

Quote :
What I call "retarded", implying a stunting of physical/mental development, a state of mind maintaining the individual in perpetual infancy, or lifelong adolescence, is what another will call "boyish/girlish charm", or "a youthful spirit", relating to feminization: also called "subjectivity" when it means living within the confines of your sheltered certainty, with only self-gratification as the end justifying any, and all, means towards it - hedonism.
Not only is it not a "big deal" but it is the new standard of "health" and the measure of social adjustment.

I think that some would be able to see the distinction between one who is mature and one who has what you call boyish/girlish charm. At some point, that begins to wear thin with people who are perceptive.

Quote :
The idea that all "things" have their own "merit", is part of being "healthy", and "well-adjusted, I guess.

It first has to be seen and evaluated. I don't believe that all things have their own merit.  I could be misunderstanding you.

Quote :
All things possessing the intrinsic standard to then evaluate them - to measure copulation using copulation as its own standard; to find in other something to appreciate, and enjoy.
If the goal is self-gratification, I think you are correct.

The best mean is self and other gratification. Can a man truly be gratified if his partner is not? I may be being a bit naive here. I'm thinking in terms of my wife.

Quote :
To only want to 'have fun', enjoy yourself, 'get high', make love, give yourself to the animalistic ecstasies of existence... to simply be.

Is that simply being?

Quote :
Such a privilege, such a joy.
Such a hedonist. Not even an epicurean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:39 am

If you have to declare yourself what you desperately wish the other evaluates you as, not only are you proving, with the act, the opposite of what the words proclaim, but you are most obviously a RETARD!

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Quote :
Quentin Massys, An Allegory of Folly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, wit or sense. Stupidity may be innate, assumed or reactive – a defence against grief or trauma.

The root word stupid, which can serve as an adjective or noun, comes from the Latin verb stupere, for being numb or astonished, and is related to stupor. In Roman culture, the stupidus was the professional fall-guy in the theatrical mimes.

In a character study of "The Stupid Man" attributed to the Greek philosopher Theophrastus (c. 371 – c. 287 BC), stupidity was defined as "mental slowness in speech or action". The modern English word "stupid" has a broad range of application, from being slow of mind (indicating a lack of intelligence, care or reason), dullness of feeling or sensation (torpidity, senseless, insensitivity), or lacking interest or point (vexing, exasperating). It can either imply a congenital lack of capacity for reasoning, or a temporary state of daze or slow-mindedness.

In Understanding Stupidity, James F. Welles defines stupidity this way: "The term may be used to designate a mentality which is considered to be informed, deliberate and maladaptive."

Carlo Maria Cipolla, an economic historian, is famous for his essays about human stupidity, such as "The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity".[8][9][10] He viewed stupid people as a group, more powerful by far than major organizations such as the Mafia and the industrial complex, which without regulations, leaders or manifesto nonetheless manages to operate to great effect and with incredible coordination.

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably each of us underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

2. The probability that a given person is stupid is independent of any other characteristic possessed by that person.

3. A person is stupid if they cause damage to another person or group of people without experiencing personal gain, or even worse causing damage to themselves in the process.

4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the harmful potential of stupid people; they constantly forget that at any time anywhere, and in any circumstance, dealing with or associating themselves with stupid individuals invariably constitutes a costly error.

5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person there is.

Eric Berne described the game of "Stupid" as having "the thesis...'I laugh with you at my own clumsiness and stupidity.'" He points out that the player has the advantage of lowering other people's expectations, and so evading responsibility and work; but that he or she may still come through under pressure, like the proverbially stupid younger son.

Wilfred Bion considered that psychological projection created a barrier against learning anything new, and thus its own form of pseudo-stupidity.

Otto Fenichel maintained that "quite a percentage of so-called feeble-mindedness turns out to be pseudo-debility, conditioned by inhibition ... Every intellect begins to show weakness when affective motives are working against it". He suggests that "people become stupid ad hoc, that is, when they do not want to understand, where understanding would cause anxiety or guilt feeling, or would endanger an existing neurotic equilibrium."

In rather different fashion, Doris Lessing argued that "there is no fool like an intellectual ... a kind of clever stupidity, bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience."

In the Romantic reaction to Enlightenment wisdom, a valorisation of the irrational, the foolish and the stupid emerged, as in William Blake's dictum that "if the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise;" or Jung's belief that "it requires no art to become stupid; the whole art lies in extracting wisdom from stupidity. Stupidity is the mother of the wise, but cleverness never."

Similarly, Michel Foucault argued for the necessity of stupidity to re-connect with what our articulate categories exclude, to recapture the alterity of difference.

The fool or buffoon has been a central character in much comedy. Alford and Alford found that humor based on stupidity was prevalent in "more complex" societies as compared to some other forms of humor. Some analysis of Shakespeare's comedy has found that his characters tend to hold mutually contradictory positions; because this implies a lack of careful analysis it indicates stupidity on their part.

Today there is a wide array of television shows that showcase stupidity such as The Simpsons. Goofball comedy refers to a class of naive, zany humour typified by actor Leslie Nielsen.

The first book in English on stupidity was A Short Introduction to the History of Stupidity by Walter B. Pitkin (1932):

“ Stupidity can easily be proved the supreme Social Evil. Three factors combine to establish it as such. First and foremost, the number of stupid people is legion. Secondly, most of the power in business, finance, diplomacy and politics is in the hands of more or less stupid individuals. Finally, high abilities are often linked with serious stupidity.

Stupidity was a 2003 movie directed by Albert Nerenberg. It depicted examples and analyses of stupidity in modern society and media, and sought "to explore the prospect that willful ignorance has increasingly become a strategy for success in the realms of politics and entertainment."

Stupidity

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED... Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:18 pm

The Dunciad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You might be RETARDED...

Back to top Go down

You might be RETARDED...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5