Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

All kinds of love...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

All kinds of love... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:47 pm

The Pianist (2002 )
Back to top Go down
Arditezza

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:29 pm

About Time [2014]
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days [2007] Romanian
Mr. Nobody [2009]
Upstream Color [2013]
Frank [2014]
Out of the Past [1969]
Repo! The Genetic Opera [2008]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Girl, Interrupted (1999)
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:28 pm

The Crow ('94)

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm

The Fall. TV series.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:14 am

Lyssa wrote:
The Fall. TV series.

Hear, hear.

Women fear men because they are afraid they might kill them.
Men fear women because they are afraid they might laugh at them.

The exemplification of daughter-father, father-daughter love was most marking.
"Mummy, why can't little girls marry their daddies."

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:45 pm

The Missing (2014)

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
The Fall. TV series.

Hear, hear.

The exemplification of daughter-father, father-daughter love was most marking.
"Mummy, why can't little girls marry their daddies."

Yes, that is the kernel.

If we combine both your quotes, it concludes that a father can only be a Hero in the eyes of his daughter, and the daughter grown up doting on her father, cannot but Laugh at other men who can never compare to her father.

I too would punch that C.Inspector and give him a bloody nose! That kind of weakness... aishhhh
The war between the sexes where self-love and misogyny become borderline...

I like the way its divided into a quadrant between extreme eros [independent-cold-in-control] and extreme agape [dependent-blind trust of the teenager] on the one plane,,, criss-crossing  with balanced eros [wife] and balanced agape [daughter].

How can a man relate to all four, find a wholesomeness to feel like a full man that modernity is taming, without Ascending into a crime?
Its also about the self-love of a man trying to protect and nurture the last sparks of himself as full man.

S1E4 had him reading N. on the Last Men...

The pic. of the full woman also, that they want to present, is what counts for passion either way, for her, is to feel a man's strength. Not his violence in a crass way, but his strength - of his thrust, his hold, his grip. To feel the weight of a fate he Is. Sex is fata-l for the female.

To feel all the difference of a male being male, inside her, upon her, toward her...
A man wants a woman physically inside out,,, a woman wants a man psychically inside out.

Quote :
"On the basis of ordinary experience, one might expect the person who is nearer to final satisfaction to be even more avidly erotic than anyone else. Desire typically reaches its peak intensity precisely when we near the wanted object. But what is true of most desire may not be true of the philosopher’s desire. When we want to hold or possess something physically, we are apt to become most intensely desirous when it is nearby: there it is, just beyond one’s grasp; one can ‘‘almost touch it.’’ But when it is knowledge or sight of the beautiful or the Good that one wants, one’s desire is apt to be calmed as one nears it: there it is; I see it; and by seeing it, I already have it. Thus the philosopher’s eros may be the eros of one who loves and desires, but who also, to some considerable extent, abides with that which he desires." [Cooper, Eros in Plato, Rousseau, and Nietzsche]

Can't wait for season 3.

p.s. I love the love-lock-ing... an old pagan custom...

Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 am

Saw the first season of "The Fall"... Gillian Anderson's character is very unlikable(seems like a feminist)... I know she lived in England for a time growing up, but for some reason I prefer her to speak with an American accent (Or maybe the Irish accents in the show just sound more pleasant than whatever English accent she is doing)... Jamie Dornan is another handsome non-Jewish European playing a Jew... The Nietzsche quote was cringeworthy... I'll keep watching, hopefully the killer "wins."

I like "The Missing" better... Intro song:

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 am

Gillian's character is a bisexual feminist, and she is one in real life as well. Independent female apparently means any which way..., but its not that despicable kind of feminist; why the series is good.

Her character is perhaps modelled after Clarice in Hannibal... the female cop who's outdone her male peers, etc.

And cringeworthy?
Maybe its because you haven't seen it to the end.
The climatic interrogation turned out to be really anticlimatic; not the kind of drilling I'd have expected. But other than that, not many series that talk of the hypocrisy of Xt. with a Nietzschean flavour; I make the best of it.

The Last Man:

Nietzsche wrote:
"Alas, the time is coming when man will no longer give birth to a star. Alas, the time of the most despicable man is coming, he that is no longer able to despise himself. Behold, I show you the last man.

'What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?' thus asks the last man, and blinks.

The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small. His race is as ineradicable as the flea; the last man lives longest.

'We have invented happiness,'say the last men, and they blink. They have left the regions where it was hard to live, for one needs warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him, for one needs warmth...

One still works, for work is a form of entertainment. But one is careful lest the entertainment be too harrowing. One no longer becomes poor or rich: both require too much exertion. Who still wants to rule? Who obey? Both require too much exertion.

No shepherd and one herd! Everybody wants the same, everybody is the same: whoever feels different goes voluntarily into a madhouse.

'Formerly, all the world was mad,' say the most refined, and they blink...

One has one's little pleasure for the day and one's little pleasure for the night: but one has a regard for health.

'We have invented happiness,' say the last men, and they blink."

Haven't seen the Missing, I might.

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:

When she said that, the male cop should of laughed. That's the appropriate reaction, not sitting there like an idiot, speechless, pushed into silence by her tone.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Scully hates men in a sentimental kind of way - detached idealistically. That's her game-plan for her life. That's a good motivator.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 am

Anfang wrote:

Scully hates men in a sentimental kind of way - detached idealistically. That's her game-plan for her life. That's a good motivator.

Do you have a preference, from the three...?

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:12 am

Lyssa wrote:
Anfang wrote:

...The 'three'?
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:20 pm

Are we talking about The X-Files or The Fall?

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:51 am

Anfang wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
Anfang wrote:

...The 'three'?

Her, the wife, the girl...?

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:51 am

Supra-Aryanist wrote:
Are we talking about The X-Files or The Fall?

The latter. You Supra?

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:41 am

Lyssa wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
Anfang wrote:

...The 'three'?

Her, the wife, the girl...?

No. In their own ways they all leave me cold.
When I was younger I'd have had a preference for the Anderson character.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:45 am

Do you see a worthwhile-to-you character now, anywhere on screen?

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:06 am

Lyssa wrote:

The thing is that the way how the romantic interactions are portrayed in contemporary TV, the whole dynamic, demands from women to play a set of roles which are not attractive to me.

Who I like is Yvonne Strahovski in Chuck. At least how I remember it.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:02 am

Anfang wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

The thing is that the way how the romantic interactions are portrayed in contemporary TV, the whole dynamic, demands from women to play a set of roles which are not attractive to me.

Chuck that. Did you find enlightenment at the Church of the Eternal Wind?

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 am

Lyssa wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Chuck that. Did you find enlightenment at the Church of the Eternal Wind?

I only made it through the first two seasons.
It's kind of like the Big Bang Theory in how it is supposed to be a comedy yet it portrays modernity quite accurately in certain ways. That's what makes it funny. If the show were taking itself seriously then the audience would be forced to be outraged. Forced by the social commissars who determine the official narrative of what reality is.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:55 am

+ her eyes look quite alright, although it's more difficult to tell with a woman.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:42 am

Spring (2014) - USA
Starred Up (2013) - UK
Perez (2014) - Italian

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of love... All kinds of love... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

All kinds of love...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next