Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Dreams ( Interpretations )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:25 am

I dreamt I was in my old house which I rented before going to Georgia; I fed a cat which I do in Georgia, then some other cat came in, orange with bits of white stripes; it was furry, clearly had a kitten head but had no legs and its body was like one furry tail. I knew it was a cat, but at the same time I was cautious for it looked awfully a lot alike a snake.

It came to me, in a threatening manner as it had me as objective, I observed it while keeping a distance and then I decided it was fine. I petted it on its head and it acted as any cat; I fed it - then I called my mother on the phone and she said to get rid of it, from crawling on its stomach it will have all kinds of parasites.

I looked again at the cat and it had suddenly useless legs, so no more snake form. I told it to get out but it did not listen, I grabbed it and threw it outside my door on the street, it started to walk in a very limp manner towards by neighbours and I in a angry tone said ''So now you can walk heh'' - I grabbed the cat again and was thinking to throw it in the trench (for water to be guided as we need in NL) in the park nearby; but decided to just throw it out on the grass, and it limply crawled out of sight.

Just to share for it was a good dream (once you realize you awakened) as I know well enough what it means.

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:19 pm

I forgot much of it already..
A grey atmosphere of concrete wherever I went, something with me trying to get into a university of some kind, different ones tried. I ended up somewhere else, with a beautiful fish, it was nearly dead and I lost it almost a multiple times (one time in a car while crashing). Outside of the water the whole time I kept it; I ended up at salt water, but it needed sweet water, I came to the wseet water and on my way found a sea urchin and dropped in the water. Something told me that if I free the beautiful fish it would die, I picked the sea urchin up again and threw it in the sea (the water itself had a border of its own, nothing was deep water however); sea fish came and they died by touching the sea urchin.

I finally put the nearly dead fish in the water, I suddenly had a snake but it changed into mere shedded skin, I gave it to the beautiful fish, it ate from it and became strong and lively again.
I realised that suddenly I was in the middle of a 20th century alike city with 21st century filth, in the water with the fish, garbage everywhere, bottles and cans drifting on the water, canals and allys.
I picked the fish out of the water and tried to find better water, suddenly there was fear of being found, I returned to the dirty water closed off from other canals and while walking with the fish in my hands, it turned into a strange fish-cobra, beautful though; I put it back into the water and I woke up.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 am

I wrote the notes down before I fell asleep again.

There was a woman, she prayed to a Hindu statue but in a Islamic manner,
She came to the statue prostrating and distanced herself and repreated; I merely looked.
Then I was somewhere else, in a shop, there was a dog, I accidentely kicked the dog and a woman became very mad and told me to leave instantly, it was raining so I prepared to cover my body; outside I was and dogs came, no rain, 2 of them jumped on me and I struggled, each mouth had one of my fists in between their teeth, I was about to get torn apart but then I woke up within the dream and dreamed I dreamt.

Then I was busy on the computer, someone had to be checked-in, the computer is very slow which forces the silence from either side to be broken outside business talk; but it was outside, on a Green hill far above a village; there was a bad bed as screensaver in between trees, but I guaranteed this bed did not exist.
The guests were Greek, one man and the other were of no importance; we talked about some things and then he introduced his name to me, ''Thorran'', so I also told him my name which he repeated correctly to my surprise, but I could not pronounce his, I have a thick R, after multiple times trying he became annoyed and looked at my tattoo and said ''is this how Loki would show respect to another culture?''
Then I succeeded.

I was suddenly inside again, a Phone rang but it was from afar, I searched but had to climb a rocky and muddy hill outside. On top I was with many more people, wolves and big dogs came, they started to attack, I and another holded them back, I had an iron chain with iron bars on each side; they left but then they came again while transforming into werewolves. The group and I ran, I was the last, in the back of the group while going downhill on slippy and rocky pathways which was broad enough for max 2 persons, thus a line formed.

There were soldiers out of nowhere, one came with a hostage, I killed him and decapitated the person; meanwhile the (were)wolves still hunted us down and I beated them off everytime they came near, now the group I had protected was down already while I still had to escape, there was a cavern of earth in which I squeezed myself in, a tunnel entrance made by animals, I looked outside and saw a dwarf with red hair and beard, he realised he could not escape because he had a wound on his head and thus followed the same way as I did. I knew he was an enemy but I helped him to get inside, he then had a little saw and wanted to kill me with it but I overpowered him and meanewhile a soldier or wolf tried to get in too and I gave the dwarf a knife to scare him. Then we went each our own way.

Outside still going down the hill, the (were)wolves came but I became very agressive and started to attack them and howl, I beated them all and ran again to the village - and while this happened I heared the song ''Rocky Road to Dublin'' (to which I often listen).

I finally reached a building, it was familiar as if I started the dream from there; a restaurant. I walked inside the hall and saw the big dogs, I became angry again but then I calmed as I saw they were normal and nice again, submissive. I entered the room, a nice atmosphere; the room, tables and chairs made of dark brown wood so it seemed. The people seemed nice but I walked passed them, I wanted to sit down where I ''normally sat down'' (so it felt but this was the only time in the dream I was there), but I noticed that at those places the tables were covered with white table covers, lit candles and roses in vases; I felt I did not belong there, a place taken away from me, romantically / friendly decorated so I walked towards the bar table but was about to sit down at a uncovered table towards that direction, then I woke up.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 am

A dream I had months ago before 2016;

A voice was telling me in a explanatory way about things I forgot already what about, it also told me to scratch a 'scar' (how it described it) in a beautiful Anglo-Saxon helmet (saw in article) I had on my face, and by this I also scarred my face and eye.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 5:43 am

15-08-2015; I have only the notes left without remembering anything else:

Heathen
Cross
Christians
Vulture
Hawk
Princess
Attraction
Right on having woman
Agreeing
Is taken away
Princess disagrees
Stimulates anger
Vulture heading out

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 am

Helping a person to obtain treasure
Greedy king overthrown
Helped person in his chamber full of gold
Asking him to borrow one piece of silver
Said that he will not, it belongs to him
I told him the chambers soon will be plundered
He told me that in 3000 years they will be full again, everytime you lose the gold, it will fill eventually again with treasures.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 am

Planning to go to Ukraine
Looking at a map attached to a wall with Europa and a part of Africa presented on it.
Close up of Ukraine contrary to the other countries
On the map directions to the Northern light, and where you may be influenced by it too
Danzig (Gdánsk) in Poland is the centre of something on the line of the map relating to the Northern light
All the lines however direct to Scandinavia, the source of the Northern lights
Of all the lines going to Scandinavia, the more to the south on the map, the more the lines fade (and disappear) relating to influences (or whatever) by the Northern light
Somewhere in the North-Eastern part of Ukraine I read out a place name from the map (I forgot the name), there too something strong relating to the Northern light is to be found with the same ''influence'' as from Gdánsk and Scandinavia

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Dream:

Starts off I'm in some pub in England.  There's a man at a table grading papers.  He's an academic man of sorts.  There's a poem on the table.  I don't remember what it says (maybe my poem).  I ask him about my last name (since my last name is English) and if it's a typical name in England now.  He says no, it's more Norwegian.  I leave him with the poem.  I'm outside now.  There's grass and forest around.  I see a girl.  I go after her.  She runs towards a house.  I say I'm part hare, you can't run fast enough.  She goes inside.  I say I'm part wolf on my mother's side.  We're back outside.  There's another woman outside.  Things change suddenly now.  This woman is a vampire.  There's a mischievous child playing.  He shoots this woman with a stake through the chest.  She burns up quickly.  First into yellow/orange flames then into red which then seems to turn into the sun setting on the horizon.  Then another shift.  A giant black cauldron appears on the horizon, and the flaming ball of light fizzles down into it (as opposed to just sinking on the horizon normally, it sinks into the cauldron).  Now something else.  There's a giant man on the horizon holding the cauldron by a handle.  He is silhouetted against the orangery/gold sunset.  He's wearing a round hat like the god Hermes.  It's terrifying, glorious and impressive.  I'm sure most people would consider this the "devil".  Then he moves his head my way as to say, "Are you coming back home"(which would mean being burned up)... And I'm with the girl I was chasing before but now we're just both standing there relaxed and I have my arm around her... So I wave him off like, "no, no I'm good," as if I was responding to a friend asking me if wanted to go out for the night.... that's it.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 8:52 am

Maybe it hints at a resolution to some doubt you chose on impulse [signified by the hare] nagging you. The destroyed woman/Mara could signify a confusing or energy-sucking distraction that your cupidity or romantic idealism put an end to. And you sticking to the impulsive choice you made and deciding to go with it after doing away with other tempting distractions. Maybe a girl who is like your mother or one you think your mother would be approving of.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Maybe it hints at a resolution to some doubt you chose on impulse [signified by the hare] nagging you. The destroyed woman/Mara could signify a confusing or energy-sucking distraction that your cupidity or romantic idealism put an end to. And you sticking to the impulsive choice you made and deciding to go with it after doing away with other tempting distractions. Maybe a girl who is like your mother or one you think your mother would be approving of.

Maybe. But my relationship with the girl was also transfigured/idealized to one of being calm and relaxed. I wouldn't say it was sticking with an impulsive choice rather than sticking with a safer choice, although it felt like the wise choice at the time, so i dunno. Whereas the giant man would represent a crossing over into the unknown(maybe to become the "god"). What's more interesting is the giant man with the cauldron (it felt like some sort of religious archetypical image). Cauldron's are usually associated with women and witches and they're filled with dark, earthly matter. Whereas this was clearly the figure of a man(with that signature hat that Hermes wears) holding a cauldron, and what was going into it was light/fire, the sun itself.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:15 pm

A dream I had and my interpretation of it. If there's anything that pops out to anyone else, I'd like to hear it.

Dream:
I have an argument with an old role model/friend/big brother type named Juan. I've known him since I was 15, he is probably around 32 years old now. I have used him for conversation about philosophy, politics and gaming for 10 years now - if you've seen "chillstop80" in my posts, that is him. This dream takes place in a video game called Minecraft. Since there was some interesting political drama involving a game server called "2b2t", I recently picked up the game again and played it. The updates from when I last played years ago forced me to learn new concepts (for in the video game) that night, so that may explain why the dream takes place there.

The argument with him begins with me saying I am fighting and can fight "for my mother" - that I can put family first before everyone and everything else. Juan laughs and says no you cannot or should not. (He always provided some challenge to my positions, so this is not unusual). He threatens physical violence against me, as if to test if that threat would sway me to abandon my position - testing my resolve. It doesn't.  I say "Bring it on." My attitude being: kill me, I will die for her and for family. He attacks and I "defeat" him in the physical altercation; he's injured and holding his nose.

Keeping his eyes on me, he backs away, talking his way out of any further confrontation and retreats. I get suspicious that he gave up so easily; I realize he may be going to attack my mother. Convinced (of the worst), I go to defend her. I find him swinging at her, Minecraft attacking style. I intervene and I "win". He respawns (reviving in a video game way) and acquires an assault jetplane. It is very expensive and he should/would value it highly. When I learn he bought it, I imagine him with a big grin on his face while piloting it. I find him flying around in it where my mother is. I don't know if he was attacking her. Regardless of not knowing, I go on the offensive and kill him in his new jet, crushing the jet in my palm. I'm like the hulk crumbling a tiny toy jet. After he's killed in his jet, I walk off pridefully from my mother, thinking "I showed him." - thinking my blow was devastating enough that he'd quit.. but he messages me, saying "I see. You know you're really fighting for yourself at this point, right?" He says it matter of factly. I pause to consider what he means by that and I realize that he's gone after my mother again. I hurry back and defend her again successfully. He's silent.

In that silence (because he is too silent) I realize the gravity of the situation. He will just recruit a bunch of people to attack my mother, more than I could probably deal with. [Juan was always the leader of gaming communities.] Who am I going to recruit for help to defend my mother? How can I acquire the humility to stop caring about myself for a moment for the sake of defending her? He will say (surely) upon success: "See. You didn't really care or else you would have humbled yourself and recruited people for her defense, by any means necessary.. including manipulating them. You cared more about yourself and your "integrity" than you did her or anything else." I start to become filled with dread.

Then I wake up.

---

Interpretation:
I was hesitant to recruit people. I wanted to handle it by myself. I didn't want to compromise with people by recruiting them because I knew they would try to undermine my love for her anyway, because love ("irrational love" for family, without criteria) is dangerous to their modern "love". My love excludes those I deem unworthy (most) and includes only a few, I consider exceptional. It is a personal thing. I knew I couldn't, in this society of modern "love", recruit anyone for her defense. It was easy for him; he can just appeal to power and say, "Join me and be powerful." He then becomes the group, he ceases "thinking for his own sake" and only of the group.. but as leader he can also steer it and influence it. He says "Kill his mom, or else she's a threat to our group, a person loves someone else and works for the interest of something else than our group and our group's interest. Slaughtz is uncompromising in that. That is a direct threat, a war, against our group - he would put her above our group."

Though, I wonder... why did I think they would kill my mother and not me instead? Certainly I would die if I tried to defend her, but I was safe if I just abandoned my position. My mother would not be safe... he could haes her killed anyway for the sake of testing me. Do they (and "him") value another a zombie over the taking of life? Why not convert my mother instead of me? Maybe she is already converted, or they think so.

Maybe I thought my idea, my meme, of loving my mother was invulnerable. Perhaps the point is that they want me to sacrifice myself for her sake. It's to fight the idea of my love in the eyes of everyone else. It's another challenge, for me to die for my cause or else I'm a hypocrite. It's asking for immense suffering or death to prove my commitment to my idea and not be a hypocrite. They want to show I'm weak and have no conviction, I'm a coward and hypocrite, that I do not value my mother like I say I would when I actually am likely to die and as a result and be unable to protect her, or even value her. I'm not willing to die in what I see a vain way - to die and then they kill her anyway... they want to showcase that I would prefer to live in that case, so I do not actually put family first. That I'm a liar and hypocrite.. and it becomes another example for them to point to and say "See, only hypocrites typically value their family above all else... and you won't expose them if you do not test them like we did."

Perhaps it is that I only love myself - and I am selfish for putting family above everyone else.... The "irrational love" is one in which I value those who look like/resemble me. I look like myself. I am the closest to myself I have in resemblance, so why wouldn't I value myself above everyone else? And family, as well.. as they look closest to me... and those of my tribe who look like me over others, etc. And humans over animals, etc. The modern attack on 'resemblance love'. Then, they say that humans are more alike than anything else, so value all humans instead of family/tribe... Is it appearance they appeal to? Well - to genes.. perhaps, they would say. To avoid saying they appeal to appearance itself; because that would validate the "valuing those similar to you" which would validate valuing yourself over everyone else, and family as a secondary tier, etc... So they cannot use the appearance argument - but how is looking at a DNA code different from the argument of appearance? The DNA code _appears_ to be similar across humans, more-so. They say "DNA" is the measure. Or, they say intelligence is - so one should surrender themselves to the will of the more intelligent or something..

It is nihilism, where they think the meme is separate from the gene - that a meme can exist above and beyond a human (genetic) mind. The denial of reality, where they demand what you commit to be persistent even without the genes, the humans, there to keep it alive. It's saying "See, his meme is human. It bleeds much easier than ours would. Remain safe with our meme; for the group. Try to create a meme which outlasts all genes, with us. Try to collectively leave a noumenal mark on the entropic universe."

Also what worked against me was that I didn't see him as a significant enough threat to have simply killed him earlier.  I had a soft heart, because of our history. I was committed to only killing in a limited sense of self defense, or not at all for ideology. Maybe a savior complex... Where I think all human life has value and I can save if all. If, when he threatened my mother, I would just have completely griefed him and forced him out of existence, then the existential threat to both me and my  other would not have existed. I would have gone to jail, maybe. But my mother wouldn't be threatened by a gang of mob mentality, that's out for vengeance instead of sheer calculating power. The amount of sadistic torture they might inflict on my mother to "prove a point" horrified me. I couldn't blame Juan, though. If nothing else,  I'd have chalked it up to self-interest, a pursuit of power. And, he would rightfully laugh if I let my guard down and joined him/his group in the pursuit of a "utopia" but he then turned on me/betrayed me and I tried to hold him to some standard.. like loyalty. It was threats and self-interest and power, all along.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Dreams as exact/extant:
It's usually interpretations which are a nightmare, which is not say it as a predicate of right or wrong, as inferences can't be gathered as references to what is given of something, but rather that explaining away or circumventing something like dreams, or the state of dreaming, from the accordance of everyday, abstract, or subjective valuations would effectively defeat any delineation of dreaming. In fact, I think I've read somewhere the view that dreams are in fact meaningless/subjective, that is, responsive, but that is only the result of subjecting the relationship of the sleeping state and waking state to the subjectivity of the latter. From the perspective of either state it gives furtherance to this subjectivity by misasigning roles, positions or expectations. Utimately, the position becomes one of fatalism.

The best way I can describe the approach to dreams is a perception we have both inside and outside of dreams, namely that we can know or visualize something or someone without having to see. It is like conceptualization insofar as it is imaginable.
In this understanding dreams can be representative of an objective perspective to motive to intent and to inspiration because of its emotional direction.
This makes the events of dreams in a way secondary to what is felt or experienced during the course and context of those events: causality as affected, not as reflected. The context of dreams being commensurate with the content and relationships to experienced events in the waking state.

Back to top Go down
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Slaughtz wrote:

I have an argument with an old role model/friend/big brother type named Juan. I've known him since I was 15, he is probably around 32 years old now. I have used him for conversation about philosophy, politics and gaming for 10 years now - if you've seen "chillstop80" in my posts, that is him. This dream takes place in a video game called Minecraft. Since there was some interesting political drama involving a game server called "2b2t", I recently picked up the game again and played it. The updates from when I last played years ago forced me to learn new concepts (for in the video game) that night, so that may explain why the dream takes place there.

Also, such a game may represent artificiality.

Quote :
The argument with him begins with me saying I am fighting and can fight "for my mother" - that I can put family first before everyone and everything else. Juan laughs and says no you cannot or should not. (He always provided some challenge to my positions, so this is not unusual). He threatens physical violence against me, as if to test if that threat would sway me to abandon my position - testing my resolve. It doesn't.  I say "Bring it on." My attitude being: kill me, I will die for her and for family. He attacks and I "defeat" him in the physical altercation; he's injured and holding his nose.

Keeping his eyes on me, he backs away, talking his way out of any further confrontation and retreats. I get suspicious that he gave up so easily; I realize he may be going to attack my mother. Convinced (of the worst), I go to defend her. I find him swinging at her, Minecraft attacking style. I intervene and I "win". He respawns (reviving in a video game way)

The disease can't be destroyed.

Quote :
and acquires an assault jetplane. It is very expensive and he should/would value it highly. When I learn he bought it, I imagine him with a big grin on his face while piloting it.

Quantity over quality.

Quote :
I find him flying around in it where my mother is. I don't know if he was attacking her. Regardless of not knowing, I go on the offensive and kill him in his new jet, crushing the jet in my palm. I'm like the hulk crumbling a tiny toy jet.

The metaphor of the jet may have changed to that representing a nihilist ideology; something lacking grounding, and so needing nothing real to temporarily destroy.

Quote :
After he's killed in his jet, I walk off pridefully from my mother, thinking "I showed him." - thinking my blow was devastating enough that he'd quit.. but he messages me, saying "I see. You know you're really fighting for yourself at this point, right?" He says it matter of factly. I pause to consider what he means by that and I realize that he's gone after my mother again. I hurry back and defend her again successfully. He's silent.

In that silence (because he is too silent) I realize the gravity of the situation. He will just recruit a bunch of people to attack my mother, more than I could probably deal with. [Juan was always the leader of gaming communities.]

More on quantity. Nihilism only being a threat becomes of the number of nihilists.

Quote :
Who am I going to recruit for help to defend my mother? How can I acquire the humility to stop caring about myself for a moment for the sake of defending her? He will say (surely) upon success: "See. You didn't really care or else you would have humbled yourself and recruited people for her defense, by any means necessary.. including manipulating them. You cared more about yourself and your "integrity" than you did her or anything else." I start to become filled with dread.

He laughs at the fact that while you supposedly being the realist, and he the nihilist, you in fact might have some ideals unconnected with reality, such as the idea that dealing with nihilists pragmatically for your own purposes can affect your integrity. When in fact, so long as you keep your emotional distance from them it would have no impact on your integrity.

Quote :
Interpretation:
I was hesitant to recruit people. I wanted to handle it by myself. I didn't want to compromise with people by recruiting them because I knew they would try to undermine my love for her anyway, because love ("irrational love" for family, without criteria) is dangerous to their modern "love".

With one foot still in nihilism, you couldn't manage to keep such an emotional distance while using them for your own purposes.

Quote :
My love excludes those I deem unworthy (most) and includes only a few, I consider exceptional. It is a personal thing. I knew I couldn't, in this society of modern "love", recruit anyone for her defense. It was easy for him; he can just appeal to power and say, "Join me and be powerful." He then becomes the group, he ceases "thinking for his own sake" and only of the group.. but as leader he can also steer it and influence it. He says "Kill his mom, or else she's a threat to our group, a person loves someone else and works for the interest of something else than our group and our group's interest. Slaughtz is uncompromising in that. That is a direct threat, a war, against our group - he would put her above our group."

You are a threat to the herd's cohesion, and that's what he speaks of. The herd may know what threatens it, but it also can be easily fooled into thinking that there are other threats; a fact that one with no sympathy for them can use to his advantage. Sympathy being both an effect and a forerunner to love. The fact that you still have some sympathy for them is what stops you from using them. Juan (as you represent him int he dream), not really knowing himself, has no empathy for anyone, and therefore is incapable of sympathy, so using others is easy.

Quote :
Though, I wonder... why did I think they would kill my mother and not me instead? Certainly I would die if I tried to defend her, but I was safe if I just abandoned my position. My mother would not be safe... he could haes her killed anyway for the sake of testing me. Do they (and "him") value another a zombie over the taking of life? Why not convert my mother instead of me? Maybe she is already converted, or they think so.

They don't value you as one with the potential to become a zombie (or become one again), they value you as one with substance that they can feed off so long as you're alive.

Quote :
Maybe I thought my idea, my meme, of loving my mother was invulnerable. Perhaps the point is that they want me to sacrifice myself for her sake. It's to fight the idea of my love in the eyes of everyone else. It's another challenge, for me to die for my cause or else I'm a hypocrite. It's asking for immense suffering or death to prove my commitment to my idea and not be a hypocrite. They want to show I'm weak and have no conviction, I'm a coward and hypocrite, that I do not value my mother like I say I would when I actually am likely to die and as a result and be unable to protect her, or even value her. I'm not willing to die in what I see a vain way - to die and then they kill her anyway... they want to showcase that I would prefer to live in that case, so I do not actually put family first. That I'm a liar and hypocrite.. and it becomes another example for them to point to and say "See, only hypocrites typically value their family above all else... and you won't expose them if you do not test them like we did."

Yes. The feeding metaphor is that of them peeling off the layers of substance, by exposing them. A realist never claims to have a will so powerful that his ideals can never be subverted by more primal emotions (maybe some realist are actually that powerful, but certainly not most), but they interpret it that way and so will use extreme methods to show that there are exceptions to anything they disagree with.

Quote :
Perhaps it is that I only love myself - and I am selfish for putting family above everyone else.... The "irrational love" is one in which I value those who look like/resemble me. I look like myself. I am the closest to myself I have in resemblance, so why wouldn't I value myself above everyone else? And family, as well.. as they look closest to me... and those of my tribe who look like me over others, etc. And humans over animals, etc. The modern attack on 'resemblance love'.

The realist wouldn't claim that 'resemblance love' is anything but selfishness, but nihilists can't see how selfishness and love can related so they think by exposing the selfishness in the 'resemblance love' they are exposing the idea as a hypocritical.

Quote :
Then, they say that humans are more alike than anything else, so value all humans instead of family/tribe... Is it appearance they appeal to? Well - to genes.. perhaps, they would say. To avoid saying they appeal to appearance itself; because that would validate the "valuing those similar to you" which would validate valuing yourself over everyone else, and family as a secondary tier, etc... So they cannot use the appearance argument - but how is looking at a DNA code different from the argument of appearance? The DNA code _appears_ to be similar across humans, more-so. They say "DNA" is the measure. Or, they say intelligence is - so one should surrender themselves to the will of the more intelligent or something..

They will twist logic as needed. One who values the human species in a quantitative way would seek numbers, one who valued it in a qualitative way would seek quality. But furthermore, the designation 'species' is only an abstraction defined by reproductive compatibility. A man find defines his own kind by first looking inward. He takes his own valued qualities and wishes to expand them. So for example, one who values intelligence strives towards people to be more like that, but one who values instinct and physical abilities, such as perhaps a more primal man, would strive for those type of people. The latter is not failing to understand quality, he simply values different qualities.

Quote :
It is nihilism, where they think the meme is separate from the gene - that a meme can exist above and beyond a human (genetic)mind. The denial of reality, where they demand what you commit to be persistent even without the genes, the humans, there to keep it alive. It's saying "See, his meme is human. It bleeds much easier than ours would. Remain safe with our meme; for the group. Try to create a meme which outlasts all genes, with us. Try to collectively leave a noumenal mark on the entropic universe."

Also what worked against me was that I didn't see him as a significant enough threat to have simply killed him earlier.  I had a soft heart, because of our history. I was committed to only killing in a limited sense of self defense, or not at all for ideology. Maybe a savior complex... Where I think all human life has value and I can save if all. If, when he threatened my mother, I would just have completely griefed him and forced him out of existence, then the existential threat to both me and my  other would not have existed. I would have gone to jail, maybe. But my mother wouldn't be threatened by a gang of mob mentality, that's out for vengeance instead of sheer calculating power. The amount of sadistic torture they might inflict on my mother to "prove a point" horrified me. I couldn't blame Juan, though. If nothing else,  I'd have chalked it up to self-interest, a pursuit of power. And, he would rightfully laugh if I let my guard down and joined him/his group in the pursuit of a "utopia" but he then turned on me/betrayed me and I tried to hold him to some standard.. like loyalty. It was threats and self-interest and power, all along.

Maybe it was a savior complex, but it seems it may relate to what i was saying earlier. You're capable of empathy, and so capable of sympathy and love. Too much sympathy, or call it ill placed sympathy, is harmful for a person to have.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Stuart- wrote:
Spoiler:

Also, such a game may represent artificiality.

Ideals are also a potential realm of artificiality.

Quote :
Spoiler:

The disease can't be destroyed.

While I tried to keep my ideals grounded in appearance, where it may disappear with time to entropy or physical violence - the nihilistic ideal may survive even his death.

Quote :

Quote :
and acquires an assault jetplane. It is very expensive and he should/would value it highly. When I learn he bought it, I imagine him with a big grin on his face while piloting it.

Quantity over quality.

Quote :
Quote :
I find him flying around in it where my mother is. I don't know if he was attacking her. Regardless of not knowing, I go on the offensive and kill him in his new jet, crushing the jet in my palm. I'm like the hulk crumbling a tiny toy jet.

The metaphor of the jet may have changed to that representing a nihilist ideology; something lacking grounding, and so needing nothing real to temporarily destroy.

It was more to do with modern power. The jet represents the height of modern technology and cannot be easily countered by anything. Me, representing a 'realist' ideal, can overcome any sort of violence, even from nuclear weapons or jet planes. However, the nihilistic ideal can outmaneuver the real in a solipsistic inter-subjective human social space. Any amount of imagined possibilities can always serve as a counter to the probability of a realistic outcome, in that space.

Quote :
Spoiler:

More on quantity. Nihilism only being a threat becomes of the number of nihilists.

Yes..

Quote :
Spoiler:

He laughs at the fact that while you supposedly being the realist, and he the nihilist, you in fact might have some ideals unconnected with reality, such as the idea that dealing with nihilists pragmatically for your own purposes can affect your integrity. When in fact, so long as you keep your emotional distance from them it would have no impact on your integrity.

Here is precisely an issue I've faced, and you've summed it up fairly well. The demands of the modern nihilist says if you are to 'exploit', it must be for the benefit of everyone or not at all. Being a 'believer' in that everything I do is selfish, there is no action I cannot take which would not be able to also be criticized as such by someone. Until I have given up all 'excessive' self-interest, which is really self-interest itself if it is not for the benefit of the whole, then I would not be ethically permitted to act unless I am in a desperate situation where I've lost my faculties. That is, my rational faculties must be reserved for promoting the 'good of all' instead of for myself and my own tastes. Only when I am so deprived and starved that I cannot think straight is when it is accepted I might be able to act selfishly - because, at that point, I was so suffering in a John Stuart Mill sense, that raising myself also raised the average of everyone else.

Quote :
Spoiler:

With one foot still in nihilism, you couldn't manage to keep such an emotional distance while using them for your own purposes.

Yes, one foot still in nihilism sums up my predicament. I maintain my foot in there, for its promises and so I may not be totally rejected evolution wise from the masses. As a wanna-be philosopher, that's especially important in modern times. But, what is that aspiration but the desire to make what's dirty appear clean? To be a fashionable philosopher with the modern sparkle and glamour of Hollywood. A metrosexual with the body of a warrior and heart of a woman
Outis wrote:
Placing oneself in this outer space/time, in relation to the emergent unity[nihilistic government/superstate], is a dangerous stance.
One will either be consumed, or expelled, if not killed and/or quarantined...but the primary danger is in the desire to detach and be other than, having to surmount ingrained psychosomatic dispositions.
Once accomplished the process condemns the individual to the consequences of independent evolution, which begin to occur immediately. survival is not certain, but if maintained no reintegration back into the super-organism one has wilfully, or not, extricated one's self from is impossible

Quote :
Spoiler:

You are a threat to the herd's cohesion, and that's what he speaks of. The herd may know what threatens it, but it also can be easily fooled into thinking that there are other threats; a fact that one with no sympathy for them can use to his advantage. Sympathy being both an effect and a forerunner to love. The fact that you still have some sympathy for them is what stops you from using them. Juan (as you represent him int he dream), not really knowing himself, has no empathy for anyone, and therefore is incapable of sympathy, so using others is easy.

Well, I would say he cannot empathize with some part of me - or refuses to make the appearances of doing so. In my dream, I must have extended it to being a fact of everyone else. Precisely correct, though, in how I interpreted it as well.. I am a threat to the group's cohesion. I also sympathize... perhaps out of the savior complex, the Christian hero, who must impale himself on a cross for everyone else's sins and forgive them. The hero who, in order to survive, must keep regenerating flesh for the other to feed on. (edit note: in church, you feast on Jesus's flesh. He provides.) When he runs out of his vitality, attempting to feed them, he will find no gratitude or company in acknowledgment of his giving. The naive fool thinking such unprincipled devourers to ever be satisfied. Like dogs, whimpering for more flesh whenever he denies them - or when in great numbers, taking it against his will if he does not properly disguise himself or maintain distance.

Quote :
Spoiler:

They don't value you as one with the potential to become a zombie (or become one again), they value you as one with substance that they can feed off so long as you're alive.

Not sure how to take this.

Quote :

Spoiler:

Yes. The feeding metaphor is that of them peeling off the layers of substance, by exposing them. A realist never claims to have a will so powerful that his ideals can never be subverted by more primal emotions (maybe some realist are actually that powerful, but certainly not most), but they interpret it that way and so will use extreme methods to show that there are exceptions to anything they disagree with.

Juan had regularly argued that he controls his emotions, not the other way around. I would claim it is impossible to do so, that the animal comes first whether he liked it or not. I saw the assertion that he controlled his emotion as a conceit of his own will, and unrealistic.

Quote :
Spoiler:

The realist wouldn't claim that 'resemblance love' is anything but selfishness, but nihilists can't see how selfishness and love can related so they think by exposing the selfishness in the 'resemblance love' they are exposing the idea as a hypocritical.

Juan had told me this before: that all is selfish, even unconsciously. I took it to its logical end, myself, which is that every love is selfish, so 'love' in the pure Christian sense does not exist and is hypocritical.

Quote :
Spoiler:

They will twist logic as needed. One who values the human species in a quantitative way would seek numbers, one who valued it in a qualitative way would seek quality. But furthermore, the designation 'species' is only an abstraction defined by reproductive compatibility. A man find defines his own kind by first looking inward. He takes his own valued qualities and wishes to expand them. So for example, one who values intelligence strives towards people to be more like that, but one who values instinct and physical abilities, such as perhaps a more primal man, would strive for those type of people. The latter is not failing to understand quality, he simply values different qualities.

I've asserted the denial of sex (reproduction) is tantamount to the denial of all human advances in thought and noumenal efficiency. But, also, to deny those that persisted in the advancement the reproductive role in sustaining that advancement is likewise a denial of those advances. Thus, 'social issues' of today (e.g. racism, sexism...) To every qualitative distinction on what is human, it is for naught if it cannot reproduce or refuses to. Modernity has gone so far to even leave out the distinction of reproductive ability as a defining trait of 'human'. Qualitatively, my ideal combines instinct (primal man) and strength and intelligence - not just one or the other. Intelligence, if it is compartmentalized to mean "IQ", is not the be-all end-all of human distinction, as within sheltered environments their instincts can be so utterly numb from cowardice that they've lost  any sense of danger as to the fragility of the system which protects them. Technology may become a compensating factor in this, maintaining the system for the LCD of society despite the exceptions.

Quote :

Spoiler:

Maybe it was a savior complex, but it seems it may relate to what i was saying earlier. You're capable of empathy, and so capable of sympathy and love. Too much sympathy, or call it ill placed sympathy, is harmful for a person to have.

That is how I see the issue I was tackling, is trying to justify an ethical egoism.. which is probably a contradiction of terms, seeing as ethics is a social mechanism between human beings to create compromises, not justify uncompromising behaviors.

Thanks for the outside perspective.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:10 am

My father and an old friend stopped in surprise to look at a man in a marketplace quad who had been working out and his upper torso somehow got sliced off by the workout machine cabling. I was running to catch up and ran past my father and friend as a result toward the direction we were headed before. I catch only a glimpse of the horrorific scene. Running past, I find a newer friend waiting to whom I say "we need to meet elsewhere now" and I complain about this place being run down.

The new friend is Mexican, and seemed attached to the run down place by always saying not to bother with more expensive avenues. My father was mostly indifferent about where he was, he adapted to any place pretty well. My older friend (not in contact with any more) still had the personality of himself when younger, maybe involved in my running past (perhaps I felt young with him). Both around 10 years old. So when I turn the corner to the newer friend, I transform into my present age.
Back to top Go down
wildlife917

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 6:46 am

I had a dream last night in the house, there were 3 large and two small ones, first of all i wasn't scared of the snakes, and it was night, then i went to the kitchen to bring a knife and kill them one of them went under the sofa in the living room (the small one), and the others in the dining room, i killed the big one and cut her head, and my brother came to help me and he was fearless, when i tried to reach the small one, she wrapped around my foot and bit me then I woke up.

Does anyone have an idea of whats the meaning of it?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 7:24 am

Dreams cannot be interpreted by someone else,a s if they were mystical gurus looking into a magical crystal ball, or reading the star charts like Gypsy old-women looking for gullible minds to exploit.

The mind adopts imagery based on its understanding of them....so it's like psychotherapy.
The patient tells the doctor what is wrong with him....and the doctors simply facilitates the process.
Like a hypnotist. It isn't he who possesses mystical powers over minds....but he manipulates the other, making him hypnotize himself - he is a facilitator of what is present in the individual looking for an experience or relief or whatever it is.

So with dream the imagery can only be given meaning by the dreamer.
What, given this dream, do snakes make you feel? What do you associate them with?

Many times these associations are memetic, i.e., cultural, and this is why most have similar dreams with the same kinds of imagery.
Snakes have been associated, through biblical narratives, with temptations that lead to loss.
So you have 3 large threats and 2 smaller ones. There may be a significance to the number 5, as well.
Five fingers....three major and two minor....grasping, holding.

The big one seems easier to handle and the small one more elusive.

The presence of your brother may make it a family issue, supported by the events occurring in your house, or a house.
The biting of your foot indicates a loss of potential to reach a destination - a crippling.
Like I said....analysing dreams requires the participation of the dreamer.....each image has a meaning in his subconscious mind; an association only he can discover.

Dreams are how the subconscious - the body - communicated with the mind. Unable to fabricate imagery it appropriates them from the mind's daily supply of abstractions, so dreams usually have to do with the previous days events.
Dreams are convoluted because the imagery is not sequential.
A disease of the body may be transmitted to the brain in the forms of imagery that alludes to a discomfort a threat, but not clearly, not directly.
The individual has to decipher it on his/her own.
Another may support him....but he must be comfortable enough in his presence to be honest.
That's why psychotherapy sessions occur over larger periods of time, building comfort and trust between patient and therapist - usually involving discussion of irrelevant trivial things.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
wildlife917

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 8:59 am

It was in our family house, and I am currently not there with my brother.

That's true satyr, the meaning of the dream should be deciphered by the individual, the therapists want to give you an explanation that you want to hear.

Its the feeling tone that is associated with these imageries, and what the snake symbolizes in our culture, and how I dealt with it in the dream, though I wasnt feeling scared or threatened by it of it, I was chasing them and they were trying to hide.

I believe most of dreams imagery have a subjective interpretation, and some of them have a universal meaning  like horses which indicate wild urges and instincts, or a blue color as a symbol of transition, pink color meaning innocence.

How the mind construct these abstractions on a deeper level and deal with it through dreams is interesting, and how it expresses it through symbols and metaphor which we are not conscious of it in our lives.

As an example of how people are attracted to a color more than another, or why they own a dog not a cat, or why people are attracted towards money...as you always satyr the mind compensates for what is lacking.

I want to challenge my thoughts and expand them, and this forum always provide good insights from contributors whom I am thankful for.

Friends are people whom you share ideals and common values with, not just going out partying, having a coffee and talking what someone else did, and comparing to others, I dont care about these people and dont have time for them anymore, they dont bring any value to my life.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 9:03 am

So, for you, in this dream, snakes are vermin, not predators.
the dirty the house.....something associated with what you have left behind, or keep at a distance.
The house has a significant symbolism here.
What does it mean to you....which house is it.....is it real or some imagined house.....what do homes represent in your psyche.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
wildlife917

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 9:31 am

The dream was in our family house and its real, the time is at night, and my family members weren't there.

The snake which bit me, i felt the pain through my whole body when I woke up, like a paralyzing feeling.

Homes represent to me a place where family gathers, where this is warmth and we're talking to each others but in our home there's always some kind of uneasiness, even when we unite, I feel something is lacking between us. We're tied up as a family but we quarrel sometimes over petty things, I'm the eldest and I want the best for my siblings, I don't know like there's something always holding us back, i treated my younger brother not so kindly when we were young, breaking his toys and teasing him. I really love him now and I feel bad for what I did and why I did it.

Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 9:06 am

Nightmare: i first notice the two pillows I use (sleeping) are switched - I lay my head on wrong one, support with wrong one. waking up, my pillow was on wrong side of the bed, my bed was on wrong side of the room. My windows were open, the blinds were open, but  simultaneously every other consecutive individual blind was flipped backward. I realized then something was terribly wrong; started out of my bedroom to see the bathroom light on under the closed bathroom door. I rush to open the bathroom to find the room dark. From there I freaked and asked wtf is going on, panicking, and woke up. Oh, and my bedroom door was open to see the bathroom door closed (but this didn't 'stand out')
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 6:52 am

I dodge responsibility as a man, through 'honor'. I dodge responsibility as a woman, through 'avoidance'. It is screamed: "Your prayers go to hell!" as the world falls through, patches of earth collapse-disappearing. As it threatens, the hell 'void', to stare back, with monstrous white eyes, I wake up.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 5:14 pm

Recently had a dream I was exercising intensely as I could in a roaded circle around the place I live, others looking/judging.

I think dreams are not premonitions, but tools to prepare oneself for future behavior and consequences. By simulating how one would behave, before it actually happens, one prepares oneself for the behavior - increasing chances at success.

Dreams, though, can be faulty - as expectations/information can be incorrect and maladaptive to what's supposedly being prepared for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams ( Interpretations ) Dreams ( Interpretations ) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams ( Interpretations )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2