Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Quote :
I'd be interested to hear if someone would ground and justify an accusation toward me in something I've actually said.

I can't be botherd to point towards any direct evidence. It just seems you have this black & white attitude, and a lack of proportionality. I'm pretty sure you can understand what I mean given the previous contexts provided.

Thomas Sowell: There Are No Solutions, Only Trade-offs

Does this video provide any kind of useful, previously unknown insight??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Y'know what I find amusing about this forum?

How quick you are to rule something a "triviality".

Why bother to think about the meaning of words, if you can instead make an instant judgment from the length of a post?

Why use words effectively, if you can write 2000 words and appear way smarter?

What a triviality! And yet, we are still talking about it.
Wink

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:32 pm

And the human gene pool is an "inbreeding" gene pool...as we are all brothers and sisters.

A species is a population which, due to shared genes, sharing genes, combining them....are in-breeding.
Should we mix with apes to expand the gene pool?

Levels, children....degrees.

To be stupid is not to be unconscious, it is to have a lower level of consciousness.

Inbreeding, as a genetic corruption factor, is when first relatives procreate.

Christianity is based on an inbreeding fairy-tale.
The Caucasians reaching near extinction emerged from a close to inbreeding circumstance.

But children, who is talking about racial purity?
Not I.

I simply state that race determines potentials.
What is the potential that a sub-Saharan African will be born with the red-hair gene...a bit lower than him being born with the potential for genius.

Now, if you wish to reintegrate genes that have been excluded from your family....then please fuck a Negro...a Down Syndrome person....or dream of a day when Ape and Human can once more share a genetic future with cloning or gene splicing or technologies.
Some latent genius might be stored in chimpanzee DNA....

Who, the fuck, cares what degenerates do with their private parts?
Not I.

No, life, not intelligence, emerges spontaneously.
No, God did not create it out of nothing.

---------------

Consider a hypothetical douche-bag.
He claims that breeding a red-head with a dark-haired person is more efficient in bringing about a desired red haired outcome than it is to breed two red haired individuals....because the dark haired one might, just might, have something comparable to red hair.
For this retard if you wish to breed an intelligent dog breed you go looking for intelligence in all breeds, and not focus more in the breed known for it.
Or, you breed by chance, hoping that intelligence is not nature, it is nurture.

Then, he places words in my mouth, exposing its integrity....and when cornered it goes into the spiel about how all traits are valuable and shit.
Fuck...

like...humans are more intelligent than chimps...very controversial....but perhaps chimps have a different kind of genius, and why is not climbing tees just as valuable?
What if your mother fucked a "human" who has not that far ahead of a chimp?
Would you expect yourself to be at par with a human with two human parents?

But what is a species, anyhow?
A population where genetic isolation went on for so long that a permanent division occurred.
There are intermediate cases, like horse ass, or tiger, lion....or polar bear grizzly bear.

With human breeds, races, phenotypes, kinds, whatever you want to call them, we have a further intermediate case.
Here genetic isolation did not last long enough for a total reproductive split to occur - ironically the superior breed caused the re-merger - but this doe snot mean that no diversion occurred during this period of genetic isolation.

That would be ludicrous...the idea that tens of thousands of years of genetic "inbreeding" - breeding within ones own kind, extended family, relations - affected by particular environmental conditions (conditioning) would have zero, nil, effect on the population's potentials, particularly when stress, difficulty, pronounces particular survival traits, like intelligence, creativity, speeds, height, strength whatever, and natural selection is exactly the selection of particular, to the environment, survival traits, at the expense of others (specialization children....degrees of it), is not only wrong, it is the product of a cowardly mind, seeking a way out of a predicament it does not understand or can cope with.

Here is another tactic:
Imply shit and when you realize how stupid it is, then claim that you were saying something else.    

Now...lets' take two populations with a common heritage...a chimp and a human.
Are liberal, nihilistic, twats, proposing a mixing of chimp and human genes, so as to broaden the gene pool?
They have traits we can envy, no?
The strength of ten average men....the ability to climb fast, durability, endurance...

The question for you stupid fucks is this:
Which trait, or group of traits, is the homo sapient equivalent to a cheetah's speed, or a giraffe's long neck?
we share genes with both these species...but we diverge in a slight way...yet a very important one.
What traits separate man, distinguish humans from other species?

once you answer that, honestly, and now with the cowardice you are all known for...then continue:
What quantity of divergence, what amount (use code, mathematics) would suffice to be considered important, to you...and what would you ignore, when 4% difference can create the difference between human and chimp?

Butterfly Effect.

Consider this:
Is intelligence a given?
Dies nature give a shit about what trait dominates?

Is evolution about ascent...is intelligence automatically part of a future in all environmental conditions?
Is nature also a descent...an ebb and flow...a regress?
Otherwise how would species go extinct...and without a catastrophic event?

On a personal note...playing games with children and women might be fun, but in the end all I can do is talk about the topic, the issue, the subject...and let the minds reading decide if this refers to them or not.
Because, if i don't, I'll be bogged down in ILP discussions over who said what and what they meant or thought they meant,....or already knew but didn't ay so, and how many books they've read and who they met in person, and how many girls they've banged, and how long their dick is....and blah, blah, blah.

Your fuckin' ego is irrelevant to me.
You can use any defensive mechanism you've come up with to protect yourself.
Who said what, to whom and why...who the fuck cares?

But, given that the subject of this thread is what it is...please carry on.

If, on the other hand, you are interested in an honest discussion on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or my take on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or my experiences with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]....well, you know where to go.
No, not straight to hell...a detour.

Side-note:
The topic of race, breed, type...is not about appreciation, or violence, or everyone having something to value...it is about intelligence as it manifests within each human genetic lineage....and why.
It is about potentials, degrees...probabilities.

Natural selection is not blind selection...it is not a game of chance.
There is consciousness, choice, an action undertaken, after a judgement was made. Whether the individual comprehends it, is fully conscious of the reasons, is besides the point.
A dog is attracted to a bitch's smell. It does not know why.
A female bower bird picks one male, because of his bower building talents...it does not understand aesthetics.

If my talent in making intuitive, instinctive, unconscious, to you, sensations, lucid....if I trouble you by bringing your feelings into the light and exposing their roots....then what are you doing here?
There are plenty of places for your type, not just ILP.

Step outside your door....visit the bar....the supermarket, you'll find that you are part of a majority.
Myriads of your kind everywhere.
Isn't that what modernity is?
Mixing indiscriminately?  
Go mix, mingle, network, fuck yourself, fuck a gorilla, an ape, a cow...who cares?[/u]

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 pm

phono wrote:
Inbreeding IS limiting the spreading of your seed. I say let your seed fly in the wind and fall wherever it may

The other way around Bimbo. If we impregnate all females with the semen of one guy and we repeat that a couple of generations, what do you think will be the result?
But of course you were thinking about Bimbos sampling different kinds of seeds.

phono wrote:
Does adding beans to my chili remove the beef from it?

Shitty anal-orgy. You take the beans and the beef and put in a blender. Then you slurp it all up. Like a lady. You had the wrong edumucation.

I'm good with that.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Mo
Lamb
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Anfang wrote:
If we impregnate all females with the semen of one guy and we repeat that a couple of generations, what do you think will be the result?

Who is talking about one guy impregnating an entire population? Why is that your worry?

Suppose you mean limiting one type of guy to impregnating one type of female... are you about to raise an objection, to yourself?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:16 pm

vonMo wrote:
Who is talking about one guy impregnating an entire population? Why is that your worry?

Who says that that's my worry. This is not about arguing in good faith anymore.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:32 pm

And the human gene pool is an "inbreeding" gene pool...as we are all "brothers and sisters"...according to modern nihilistic, Judeo-Christian contexts.
We are all related...we come from the same ancestors.
A species is a population which, due to shared genes, sharing genes, combining them....are in-breeding.
Should we mix with apes to expand the gene pool?

Levels, children...degrees.
To be stupid is not to be unconscious, it is to have a lower level of consciousness.

Inbreeding, as a genetic corruptive factor, is when first relatives procreate.

Christianity is based on an inbreeding fairy-tale.
The Caucasians reaching near extinction emerged from a close to inbreeding circumstance.
A gene pool of around 10,000 isn't large by today's standards. There are more albinos alive today than there were Europeans at that time.

But children, who is talking about racial purity?
Not I.
My interest is memetic continuance, based on a genetic superiority.
I simply state that race determines potentials.
I state it only because in today;'s bullshit world it is denied relevance....just as it is denied that females and males are different in more than just sexual organs and breasts.
My instance of race and sexual differences is because I live in a culture, a meme, that denies both....and nature altogether.
I am at war with nihilism in all its forms.

What is the potential that a sub-Saharan African will be born with the red-hair gene...a bit lower than him being born with the potential for genius.
Would you go looking for red hair and the gene associated with it there, or would you start where it is more prevalent?

Now, if you wish to reintegrate genes that have been excluded from your family....then please fuck a Negro...a Down Syndrome person, an albino....or dream of a day when ape and human can once more share a genetic future - with cloning, perchance, or gene splicing or some other future technologies.
Some latent genius might be stored in chimpanzee DNA....
Have a child with a bum, ladies...reintegrate his genes into the gene pool...do not let them be lost....because of your finickiness and superficiality.
Who, the fuck, cares what degenerates do with their private parts?
Not I.

No, life, not intelligence, emerges spontaneously.
Right?
 Shocked 
No, God did not create it out of nothing.

---------------

Consider a hypothetical douche-bag.
He claims that breeding a red-head with a dark-haired person is more efficient in bringing about a desired red haired outcome than it is to breed two red haired individuals....because the dark haired one might, just might, have something comparable to red hair.
We are discussing red hair, but somehow the hypothetical what if, enters into the picture.
We have a given, but the fantastic must be included.
For this retard if you wish to breed an intelligent dog breed, for example, you go looking for intelligence in all breeds, and not focus more in the breed known for it.
It would be wrong, otherwise.  
Thou shalt not be prejudice against some dog breeds and be an evil..."breeder".
Or, you breed by chance, hoping that intelligence is not nature, it is nurture.

Then, he places words in my mouth, exposing his real integrity....and when cornered he goes into the spiel about how all traits are valuable and shit.
Fuck...
But who was talking about valuing everything and anything?
I value a worm...and think it is indispensable to natural processes. I value a bee hive.  
But here we are discussing something very specific: intelligence as it relates to types, phenotypes, breeds, races....
Not honey making, not soil oxygenation, not pretty flowers.

Like...like....like....humans are more intelligent than chimps...very controversial....but perhaps chimps have a different kind of genius, and why is not climbing trees just as valuable as inventing shit?
What if your mother fucked a "human" who has not that far ahead of a chimp?
Would you expect yourself to be at par with a human with two human parents?

But what is a species, anyhow?
A population where genetic isolation went on for so long that a permanent division occurred.
There are intermediate cases, like horse/ass, or tiger/lion....or polar bear/grizzly bear.

With human breeds, races, phenotypes, kinds, whatever you want to call them, we have an example of a further intermediate case.
Here genetic isolation did not last long enough for a total reproductive split to occur - ironically the superior breed caused the re-merger - but this does not mean that no diversion occurred during this period of genetic isolation.

That would be ludicrous...the idea that tens of thousands of years of genetic "inbreeding" - breeding within ones own kind, extended family, relations - affected by particular environmental conditions (conditioning) would have zero, nil, effect on the population's potentials, particularly when stress, difficulty, pronounces particular survival traits, like intelligence, creativity, speeds, height, strength whatever, and natural selection is exactly the selection of particular, to the environment, survival traits, at the expense of others (specialization children....degrees of it), is not only wrong, it is the product of a cowardly mind, seeking a way out of a predicament it does not understand or can cope with.

Here is another tactic:
Imply shit and when you realize how stupid it is, then claim that you were saying something else.  
Remain ambiguous, to maintain the ability to escape in this way.   

Now...lets' take two populations with a common heritage: a chimp and a human.
Are liberal, nihilistic, twats, proposing a mixing of chimp and human genes, so as to broaden the human gene pool, and create a primate family for the future?
They have traits we can envy, no?
The strength of ten average men....the ability to climb fast, durability, endurance...Their testicles are huge, and the can fuck much more than a human.

The question for you stupid fucks is this:
Which trait, or group of traits, is the homo sapient equivalent to a cheetah's speed, or a giraffe's long neck?
We share genes with both these species...but we diverge in a slight way...yet a very important one.
What traits separate man, distinguish humans, from other species?

Once you answer that, honestly, and not with the cowardice you are all known for...then continue:
What quantity of divergence, what amount (use code, mathematics), would suffice to be considered important, to you...and what would you ignore, when 4% difference can create the difference between human and chimp?

Butterfly Effect

Consider this:
Is intelligence a given?
Does nature give a shit about what trait dominates, or how smart a species is?

Is evolution about ascent...is intelligence automatically part of a future in all environmental conditions?
Is nature also a descent...an ebb and flow...a regress?
Otherwise how would species go extinct...and without a catastrophic event?

On a personal note...playing games with children and women might be fun, but in the end all I can do is talk about the topic, the issue, the subject...and let the minds reading decide if this refers to them or not.
Because, if I don't, I'll be bogged down in ILP-like discussions over who said what, and what they meant, or thought they meant,....or already knew but didn't say so, and how many books they've read, and who they met in person, and how many girls they've banged, and what diploma is hanging on their wall, and how long their dick is....and blah, blah, blah.

Your fuckin' ego is irrelevant to me.
You can use any defensive mechanism you've come up with to protect yourself.
Who said what, to whom and why...who the fuck cares?
 afro 
But, given that the subject of this thread is what it is...please carry on.

If, on the other hand, you are interested in an honest discussion on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or my take on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or my experiences with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]....well, you know where to go.
No, not straight to hell...a detour.

Side-note:
The topic of race, breed, type...is not about appreciation, or violence, or everyone having something to value...it is about intelligence as it manifests within each human genetic lineage....and why.
It is about potentials, degrees...probabilities.

Natural selection is not blind selection...it is not a game of chance.
There is consciousness, choice, an action undertaken, after a judgement was made.
Whether the individual comprehends it, is fully conscious of the reasons, or not, is besides the point.

A dog is attracted to a bitch's smell. It does not know why.
A female bower bird picks one male, because of his bower building talents...she does not understand aesthetics.

If my talent in making intuitive, instinctive, unconscious, to you, sensations, lucid, bothers you; if I trouble you by bringing your feelings into the light and exposing their roots; if I demystify what you want to keep as mystifying, because it makes you tingle, ....then what are you doing here?
There are plenty of places for your type, not just ILP.
(Actually the topic f mystery, mythology and how it is eradicated, is an interesting, one, to me. but there are levels of mystique and mystery, and pretending love, and human beings are incomprehensible is just stupid. Perhaps to a simpler mind this is so)

Step outside your door....visit the bar....the supermarket, you'll find that you are part of a majority.
Myriads of your kind everywhere. They are all mystified by the simple and intimate...and are totally ignorant of the truly mystifying.  
Isn't that what modernity is?
Mixing indiscriminately?  
Go mix, mingle, network, fuck yourself, fuck a gorilla, an ape, a cow...who cares?

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Anfang wrote:

The other way around Bimbo. If we impregnate all females with the semen of one guy and we repeat that a couple of generations, what do you think will be the result?
But of course you were thinking about Bimbos sampling different kinds of seeds.

I think we're dealing with a case of merde au lieu de le cerveau.
Pardon my French.

Who exactly is talking about impregnating all females with the seed of one man? Citing specific examples. 20 words or less.

Quote :

Shitty anal-orgy. You take the beans and the beef and put in a blender. Then you slurp it all up. Like a lady. You had the wrong edumucation.

I'm good with that.  Cool 

Is there beef in your mush, sweetie?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:32 pm

de le?
No wonder you have to ask for pardon preemptively.

And 'I think we're dealing...'
is already disqualifying everything you follow up with because it's you who did the thinking.

Quote :
Who exactly is talking about impregnating all females with the seed of one man?

Me.

If you start talking bullshit then I'll push your mush right into it and hold it there until I get bored of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 pm

You haven't replied at all, so I guess we're done here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:53 pm

old man wrote:

My interest is memetic continuance, based on a genetic superiority.

A goal as valid as any.
I'm certain that when considering the continuance of your OBVIOUSLY superior set, you measured no effort in obtaining the best specimen available to you to meld your genes with.

However,  you are hardly the final word on what consists genetic superiority. Neither am I. There is and there can be no such person.
One's genes are their own to use as they please.

And with that, I hereby declare this entire thread pointless. Musings on a triviality .
Back to top Go down
Mo
Lamb
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:26 am

phoneutria wrote:
However, you are hardly the final word on what consists genetic superiority. Neither am I. There is and there can be no such person.

Why not?

If you define superiority as "fitness for some particular environment"---or roughly along those lines, then aren't there are objective (i.e., opinion-independent) facts based on the world that would determine what counts as "superior"?

There may be no set of criteria that applies for all eternity, universally---(although you haven't answered my question about what environment intelligence, beauty, strength etc are not helpful in)---but that's not the same thing.

I guess the issue is whether bare survival---and nothing more or beyond simply continuing to breath---is worthy of the label "superior"...
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:19 am

phono wrote:
You haven't replied at all, so I guess we're done here.

Aww, I was hoping to read some latin quote to try and bring more weight to your shit.
Laterz spidy!
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:54 pm

phononeutria wrote:
Because highly fit populations thrive only while the conditions for which they are fit exist. Were this pretty little rock we're sitting on an immutable paradise, we'd be set. As it turns out, it's not.
Make us an entire population of beautiful, smart, narrow pool clones, then watch it be wiped out in the next bottleneck.

Perhaps you can give us an example of any threat from the environment that cannot be countered with intelligence?

This is what liberals like you don't realize, we are already creating artificial worlds in space, environments that are completely determined by our intellect. The bottleneck here is the vast interstellar distances and hostile vacuum of space that needs to be traversed to set up colonies on new worlds. Hint: not all races are capable of this, not by a long, long way

The most primitive ones will be left behind.

Sad

Mo
Lamb
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Perhaps you can give us an example of any threat from the environment that cannot be countered with intelligence?

This is a question that I asked. I'm not sure if there is an example, or not---but maybe I'll just think out-loud for a moment...

What would you say are the biggest threats humanity faces right now? Among them, I'd probably put nuclear weapons, any mass death technology, pollution resulting from sophisticated technology for resource use and depletion, and others.

Those technological threats are here because people were intelligent enough to create them. Relative to others, the creators were geniuses. It wasn't a collection of dumbasses who honed nuclear power.

Obviously, I think that the solutions are going to require more intelligence to solve. But ironically, that probably involves (sometimes) not making use of the products of our intelligence. Sometimes intelligence itself is a threat to your environment, because it will never be omniscience, but it's enough to open a door you might have trouble closing again.

So, what's the threat that intelligence will have a tough time with? Maybe itself.

Maybe intelligence is the threat that is leading you to think we need a space program to escape the galaxy, Battlestar Galactica style, rather than just toning it down a bit, and learning to get along within this environment, on this planet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Mo wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
However, you are hardly the final word on what consists genetic superiority. Neither am I. There is and there can be no such person.

Why not?

If you define superiority as "fitness for some particular environment"---or roughly along those lines, then aren't there are objective (i.e., opinion-independent) facts based on the world that would determine what counts as "superior"?

There may be no set of criteria that applies for all eternity, universally---(although you haven't answered my question about what environment intelligence, beauty, strength etc are not helpful in)---but that's not the same thing.

In any given environment, organisms will devise a great varieties of strategies for continuing to exist.
We think of ourselves as being on top of the chain, since we have control over the environment and over the other species. If another living organism threatens us, we put all of our skills into eliminating it.
Hence, an organism may try, instead of threatening us, to develop attributes that we desire.

We cultivate a number of plants  so that we can eat them. But we meticulously preserve their seeds and ensure the next crop.
In this example, who is using who? Wink

"We fat all creatures else to fat us, and we fat ourselves for maggots. Your fat king and your lean beggar is but variable service—two dishes, but to one table. "

So in asking who is the superior, you must first ask: what is the criteria? And the answer to that question is heavily dependent on ones values. Therefore there can't be an absolute answer to it. And since there is no absolute answer, we can't let Satyr determine who we breed with Smile

Certainly, intelligence is high at the top. But it is by no means the only criteria we should use. Breed intelligence alone and you might end up with some extremely brilliant minds enclosed in extremely frail bodies. Unfortunately, we do still need to exist physically. Then, all it takes is, lets say for example, a bout of common cold, to wipe all that brightness away.
OH, but we're so bring we can devise antiseptic bubbles to live in!
Sssssure, a solar storm, then.
Point is, there is a fine balance to things. Change anything and it all tumbles down. And then, it's regroup and restart.

Quote :

I guess the issue is whether bare survival---and nothing more or beyond simply continuing to breath---is worthy of the label "superior"...

I hope that what I typed about can help you come to a conclusion on this.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Mo wrote:
What would you say are the biggest threats humanity faces right now? Among them, I'd probably put nuclear weapons, any mass death technology, pollution resulting from sophisticated technology for resource use and depletion, and others.

I wouldn't class any of these as threats. They are examples of some hominid groups dominating others through their intelligence and power. I cannot even begin to comprehend how these things could constitute a global threat, it seems absurd to suggest it.

A threat is the super massive star WR104 which is dying and may emit a gamma ray burst on its death in the direction of Earth, or a solar event or an asteroid impact. I'm talking about a cosmic event of the type which happened to the dinosaurs. I think we're doing a good job of monitoring and preparing for those threats. I can't see any threat from disease either, certainly not to the West.

The truth is I cannot think of any threat which cannot be countered with intelligence, because it is the most highly evolved aspect of consciousness, and that means it is evolutions number one weapon of choice.

Quote :
So, what's the threat that intelligence will have a tough time with? Maybe itself.

Again it is a question of competing hominid groups. One will win out over the others.

Quote :
rather than just toning it down a bit, and learning to get along within this environment, on this planet.

A feminine perspective which will lead to regression and stagnation.

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Quote :
rather than just toning it down a bit, and learning to get along within this environment, on this planet

Ain't gonna happen. War is the father of all.

Do you not realize there is no boogie-man out there in the world. The monster feeds on your desire, your will to play this little game. He only exists within you. The greatest source of power in humans comes through the control & understanding of their own psychology.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Recidivist wrote:

Depletion. It comes down to a race to finding another rock for us to chew up and spit out.
But then, there is plenty in ourselves to do away with our existence long before that.

Also LOL @ nuclear war not being a threat. Are you proposing that you cannot die from a bomb that you yourself built? Is nuclear fallout selective only to your enemies? Ah, make me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Quote :
Depletion. It comes down to a race to finding another rock for us to chew up and spit out.
But then, there is plenty in ourselves to do away with our existence long before that.

Also LOL @ nuclear war not being a threat. Are you proposing that you cannot die from a bomb that you yourself built? Is nuclear fallout selective only to your enemies? Ah, make me laugh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Let us pollute all of our air and water on our rampant quest for domination. It doesn't matter because later we can use all of our smarts to clean it all up!! And if that doesn't work out pff simple, we will hop on a spaceship and fly to the next water hole!! duh!
LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Neither can I, Blood.
Considering the lack of high school level scientific knowledge itt, I'm thinking stupid.

Last edited by phoneutria on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Stupid is as stupid does...and you think stupid....indeed.

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Pants are still on.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Lamb
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Quote :
rather than just toning it down a bit, and learning to get along within this environment, on this planet
Ain't gonna happen. War is the father of all....The monster feeds on your desire, your will to play this little game. He only exists within you. The greatest source of power in humans comes through the control & understanding of their own psychology.

If someone were to tell me about a death drive in humans, a destructive, war-like need to do violence, either on others, or when your instincts turn on yourself.....

I would not expect them also to claim that intelligence was always a good thing, by default.

.....Guess what happens when you are destructive, but have no one to play with except yourself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:03 pm

That's really, really, really not what I meant. And I absolutely know what you thinking whilst making out the supposed meaning. Still building this caricature out of others in order to first and foremost explain things. Me? I work from the opposite direction. Which is why I rarely misinterpret, also why others find you frustrating. If you really contemplated, took my advice, then this jigsaw puzzle could be solved.

“Ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν: I searched myself.”

― Heraclitus, Fragments

This is until then useless. Played very nice in order to not activate any sort of defensive state, though ignorance insues in just making slight considerations. Won't respond again untill you make some valid interpetations of previous statements. Not much else to say.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Let us pollute all of our air and water on our rampant quest for domination. It doesn't matter because later we can use all of our smarts to clean it all up!! And if that doesn't work out pff simple, we will hop on a spaceship and fly to the next water hole!! duh!
LOL

Come on my dear, if nukes didn't exist you be claiming that conventional war is a global threat, or that we're all going to be wiped out by some vengeful god. Liberal pussies have been talking this shit since the dawn of time.

You've also failed to notice the huge industries we've created around recycling and environmental regeneration as well as alternative forms of energy all of which profits the West. Which ever way you cut the cake my dear, it works in the interest of the most intelligent races.

Don't let me stop you trolling though.

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Recidivist wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
LOL

Come on my dear, if nukes didn't exist you be claiming that conventional war is a global threat, or that we're all going to be wiped out by some vengeful god. Liberal pussies have been talking this shit since the dawn of time.

When you ask for an example of a threat, you ask for plausible scenario.
I am not saying that it will happen, I am saying that it could.
Instruments of dominance, when destructive, tend to destruct. Imagine that.

Quote :

You've also failed to notice the huge industries we've created around recycling and environmental regeneration as well as alternative forms of energy all of which profits the West. Which ever way you cut the cake my dear, it works in the interest of the most intelligent races.

Don't let me stop you trolling though.

What I meant was the ultimate depletion of our star. Recycle that.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:47 pm

phoneutria wrote:
What I meant was the ultimate depletion of our star. Recycle that.

A scenario already predicted, a solution already theorized...

Quote :
Dyson Sphere

Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure that completely encompasses a star and hence captures most or all of its power output. It was first described by Freeman Dyson. Dyson speculated that such structures would be the logical consequence of the long-term survival and escalating energy needs of a technological civilization, and proposed that searching for evidence of the existence of such structures might lead to the detection of advanced intelligent extraterrestrial life.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Less dominance, more love...

What happens when someone rejects that extended 'love'?
Those are then outside of the in-group. And as the in-group grows they push those on the outside to the periphery. But hey, they brought that on themselves by not being with the in-group. From a neutral observant point of view, there is this one group, the 'in-group' and in that example that group grows in strength and dominates the other groups. It assimilates what is willing to be assimilated and the smaller, dominated groups on the outside shrink and perish away.

And then we find members in the in-group who have the audacity to talk about the evils of dominance. What they are actually feeling is the finiteness of life-time of the dominant group which they are a part of. Either the exhaustion of resources, an overshooting effect of the growth of the group or simply entropic decay of their group-psychological-constitution. Mutations without selection pressure.

The in-group members grow restless and they have a desire to find an enemy. They start pointing fingers and are tearing out each others hairs. Fighting over what is left with typically feminine methods. A holier than thou competition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Trivialities - Race, Evolution and Aesthetics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next