Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What is Philosophy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Lyssa wrote:
I am talking at the cellular level. The emergence of a self, is a political arrangement of drives foremost. Without this political structure, this semblance of a unity, no unit, no "individual" would come to exist in the first place.
Go further.

What produces the Philosopher? Humans have sex, but so what? What aspect of humanity, and life, any organism from bee to baboon, produces the highest forms of exploration, learning, and courage?

Is curiosity genetic? Go further with your ideas, you're not stepping out far enough. Follow through with what you say.


Lyssa wrote:
Isn't that what Feminization is?

Memes "Out-Determining" genetic-determinism...

Get it?
Genes = masculine
Memes = feminine

Or

Genes = feminine
Memes = masculine

?

It doesn't make sense to say "I 33% believe the sun will rise tomorrow." Most people automatically presume, as a premise, "100% believe the sun will rise tomorrow". Humans take this as a given. Almost none doubt it.

But you are in the realm of philosophy now. Why wouldn't you believe that the sun will rise tomorrow, and what will this mean?

Rise for whom? If you are about to die, then will the sun rise tomorrow, for you? No, because you will not be conscious to experience it.

Or say a huge asteroid slams into earth and knocks earth out of the solar system and orbit of the sun. Then, the sun will not rise tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Lyssa wrote:
How amusing.
Ha... SmileSmile


Lyssa wrote:
The Philosopher is a validation of what you take for granted and do not doubt...
Ironically you then exhort all to doubt but never doubt yourself.

Have you doubted Your Self?
Did I not already promote self doubt? This should signal to you that I advocate philosophy at least, and this should be enough for the sake of argument.

You have not doubted yourself.


Lyssa wrote:
Have you doubted your own Invincibility?
In another recent post, I admitted that males are mortal, vulnerable, and expendable. I am male, therefore, vulnerable. Females are the immortal half of life. A female dies, but "we", the human specie overall, does not die. Females associate with the group, group-thinkers, "we we we" instead of masculine "me me me".


Lyssa wrote:
Can you doubt that you are Not a philosopher?
It wouldn't matter, if true. What matters is that I want to become Philosopher.


Lyssa wrote:
Can you doubt that such a Philosopher may not exist?
I have already admitted this in the thread.

It doesn't matter if Philosopher exists. But why not exist? Why not create Him?


Lyssa wrote:
Can you doubt that your writings may never reach the Philosopher you write for, that it will stand the test of time long enough to reach one?
Obviously yes, ideals are the alternative to dying in vain. Which virtues, values, and principles did you live your life? What is your foundation?


Lyssa wrote:
Have you doubted if you are a Narcissist?
Nobody has called me a narcissist before, but yes, I will doubt that too should I cross the accusation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Æon wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
I am talking at the cellular level. The emergence of a self, is a political arrangement of drives foremost. Without this political structure, this semblance of a unity, no unit, no "individual" would come to exist in the first place.
Go further.

What produces the Philosopher?

Turk, HEAR what I said slowly.

The "emergence" of a self itself is a Politicism of inner-drives and instincts;
Ranks, definitions of in/out from which borders emerge, sense of self emerges...

I am Doing philosophy right now over you, over your head, teaching you, leading you, prompting you to think...

I am more philosophical than you; I don't have to start a separate thread to show it, I am in front of Your Face.

You can't see it because I am above you, and you are Beneath Me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Æon wrote:
In another recent post, I admitted that males are mortal, vulnerable, and expendable.  I am male, therefore, vulnerable.

Have you doubted that you are male?

Quote :
Obviously yes, ideals are the alternative to dying in vain.

This is what I called placing my hope too.

Turk, a Philosopher is a man who has Both the male and the female within him; you absolutize everything into stark abs. male, abs. female issues... you think like a turk.....ey...

Quote :
Which virtues, values, and principles did you live your life?  What is your foundation?

My foundation is ruthlessness.

My principle is 0-100.

My virtue is my cleanliness.

My value is 51.
My value is Han.

No matter what a difficult road is ahead of us the one who can keep believing us must be ourselves.
It's not possible for one to always keep perfect; but I will pursue (my dream) till the end to fill the place which maybe can never be filled...

I will not continue thinking "Is this heaven's providence or destiny?" and stop right there. I will walk up that road with my own efforts. Even if I grow tired while walking, I won't borrow someone else's car. I may have to cut a branch of a tree and use it as my clutch, and the night may fall while I take a break, but I won't depend on good fortune, nor will I let other's hands to carry me.

Rebirth always comes with pain

51
is a good Number
because it has surpassed 50, it knows it has the potential to clear the midpoint, while choosing to be at a Disadvantage of just 1 point more than midway.
Then
I can march to the target of 100

Poverty can never last if one has dreams. 51 is over the half point and the wicked schadenfroh is delicious to have a long way to reach 100...  The 51% of possibility is a joyful malice.

My philosophy is cold magma.

Flowing sooo slow, it appears still, lifeless...

It tastes like honey, honey...

Quote :

Lyssa wrote:
Have you doubted if you are a Narcissist?

Nobody has called me a narcissist before, but yes, I will doubt that too should I cross the accusation.

Here, hear, me say it. You are one.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Turk, HEAR what I said slowly.

The "emergence" of a self itself is a Politicism of inner-drives and instincts;
Ranks, definitions of in/out from which borders emerge, sense of self emerges...

I am Doing philosophy right now over you, over your head, teaching you, leading you, prompting you to think...

I am more philosophical than you; I don't have to start a separate thread to show it, I am in front of Your Face.

You can't see it because I am above you, and you are Beneath Me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You only represent your inner desires. You are a politician, beneath philosophy. Philosophy is lost upon you. You do not doubt yourself.


Lyssa wrote:
Turk, a Philosopher is a man who has Both the male and the female within him; you absolutize everything into stark abs. male, abs. female issues... you think like a turk.....ey...
Your indiscriminate mind does not know the difference between male and female. You ought to learn someday.


Lyssa wrote:
My foundation is ruthlessness.
Your foundation is pettiness.


Lyssa wrote:
My principle is 0-100.

My virtue is my cleanliness.

My value is 51.
My value is Han.

No matter what a difficult road is ahead of us the one who can keep believing us must be ourselves.
It's not possible for one to always keep perfect; but I will pursue (my dream) till the end to fill the place which maybe can never be filled...

I will not continue thinking "Is this heaven's providence or destiny?" and stop right there. I will walk up that road with my own efforts. Even if I grow tired while walking, I won't borrow someone else's car. I may have to cut a branch of a tree and use it as my clutch, and the night may fall while I take a break, but I won't depend on good fortune, nor will I let other's hands to carry me.

Rebirth always comes with pain

51
is a good Number
because it has surpassed 50, it knows it has the potential to clear the midpoint, while choosing to be at a Disadvantage of just 1 point more than midway.
Then
I can march to the target of 100

Poverty can never last if one has dreams. 51 is over the half point and the wicked schadenfroh is delicious to have a long way to reach 100...  The 51% of possibility is a joyful malice.

My philosophy is cold magma.

Flowing sooo slow, it appears still, lifeless...

It tastes like honey, honey...




Here, hear, me say it. You are one.
You have reached your limit of understanding.

Your accusations of narcissism is most telling about you. You seem incapable of doubting yourself. Typical. Female. Hides behind a false sense of pride that she, you, never earned once in your life.

Femininity is privilege. To be born a female, is privilege. You are an eternal child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Æon wrote:

You only represent your inner desires.  You are a politician, beneath philosophy.  Philosophy is lost upon you.  You do not doubt yourself.

Turk, what is foetus? A cell? An organism? What is it but the politicization of drives, instincts, codes, organizing itself into a near-coherent structure we call the self...
Consciousness itself is the result of political wars fought at the subliminal level.
Philosophy is a Conscious activity; politics precedes this kind of consciouness.

I can't explain this to you anymore.


Quote :
Your indiscriminate mind does not know the difference between male and female.  You ought to learn someday.

Turk, what kind of male preaches Pride and then comes into the forum using another name?
Did he have any pride in the name he had? Even if that name was not his own, doesn't a male have courage to defeat what's in his way.
Instead you escaped.
Are you male?
By your own definition, it would seem you are not.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 pm

When he says "doubt" he means himself.
When he contradicts himself and says "do not doubt" he means himself.

Message....
Doubt yourself, so as to break free of your senses, your judgments, and then stop doubting because...." I am great...I am God....I and this and that..." and "take it on faith...." 'cause I need you to.

His dreams of seduction having never come to any fruition, forces the specimen to settle for the pranks of adolescents...hoping to "bag a stray" moron.

See...this is inefficient.
Judgment makes this improbable, unless a retard is the object/objective.

His object/objective is a female....who he must break down, to a level where he can appear attractive.
Unfortunately, females have evolved an intuitive judgment that does not necessitate the participation of their higher faculties, such as they might be.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Turk, what is foetus? A cell? An organism? What is it but the politicization of drives, instincts, codes, organizing itself into a near-coherent structure we call the self...
Consciousness itself is the result of political wars fought at the subliminal level.
Philosophy is a Conscious activity; politics precedes this kind of consciouness.
You are projecting your own politics "preceding consciousness".

Philosophy is exploration. Are you conscious of all? No, therefore, you explore what you have never sensed and experienced before. You learn and understand something anew. This is your error. Your premise is the given, the known. My premise is the absent, the unknown. I start in areas where I am ignorant, and attempt to learn from a new territory. I learn. And you mimic the act of learning.

But learning is not an imitation. Because need separates us. You are not here to learn. Because you "already know". You expose the flaw in your false pride.


Lyssa wrote:
I can't explain this to you anymore.
Did I expect anything remarkable from you?


Lyssa wrote:
Turk, what kind of male preaches Pride and then comes into the forum using another name?
Did he have any pride in the name he had? Even if that name was not his own, doesn't a male have courage to defeat what's in his way.
Instead you escaped.
Are you male?
By your own definition, it would seem you are not.
My pride is not wrapped up, tangled, and restrained by words. Ideas and concepts precede words. Words do not just happen, magically, or pop out of thin area. What's the difference between gibberish and text? Meaning, familiarity, common usage, a cultural history. Expectations. The same rules apply to names and titles.

My pride is established, my need to prove myself is absolved and absent. I lack this need.

I only seek one name and one title, Philosopher. I must step out of the arena of Philosophy. There is nothing left for me except to speak to a mind greater than my own. Equals, and those beneath me, no longer interest me. There are human limits. And you are human, or lesser even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 937
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Lyssa wrote:
a Philosopher is a man who has Both the male and the female within him

Quote :
Paul Deussen related an occasion on which Nietzsche was taken by his fraternity brothers to a brothel in Cologne. He was so taken aback that he could only free himself from the hypnotizing gaze of the women by going to the piano, “the only living thing in the room,” as he apparently put it, to play until he felt free to leave. Commenting upon this, Deussen wrote that Nietzsche was a man who had never touched a woman. But that did not imply that he was affectionate with young men. As Nietzsche’s closest companion at Pforta and in Bonn, Deussen was in a good position to know that his friend’s sexual drives were deeply hidden. In the same vein, another of Nietzsche’s fellow students at Bonn later noted that Nietzsche had seemed to him to be a complete man and woman, oddly coupled together inside a single body.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Æon wrote:
Quote :
After I learn and know all about airplanes, I no longer fear flying, because I control the plane.  I know what its malfunctions are.  I know how to escape in a parachute.  I know the ins and outs.


Hold on a second. How can you say that you no longer fear flying if our "operating system" is based on fear?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Turk wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
Turk, what is foetus? A cell? An organism? What is it but the politicization of drives, instincts, codes, organizing itself into a near-coherent structure we call the self...
Consciousness itself is the result of political wars fought at the subliminal level.
Philosophy is a Conscious activity; politics precedes this kind of consciouness.

You are projecting your own politics "preceding consciousness".

Philosophy is exploration. ...therefore, you explore what you have never sensed and experienced before.  You learn and understand something anew.  This is your error.  Your premise is the given, the known.  My premise is the absent, the unknown.  I start in areas where I am ignorant, and attempt to learn from a new territory. I learn.


So then understand in your own warped way, that's *Why* I am saying,
Politics is the art of economy, and Philosophy is its Science.
At bottom, an organism is about efficient arangement, the best order for max. power. The philosophical consciousness is the science of this economy - it probes to ask what is the best life, how can I live the most meaningful way, what is the noblest path?, etc.

Phil. is the maximization of the underlying politics that one IS.

Quote :

Lyssa wrote:
Turk, what kind of male preaches Pride and then comes into the forum using another name?
Did he have any pride in the name he had? Even if that name was not his own, doesn't a male have courage to defeat what's in his way.
Instead you escaped.
Are you male?
By your own definition, it would seem you are not.

My pride is not wrapped up, tangled, and restrained by words.  Ideas and concepts precede words.  Words do not just happen, magically, or pop out of thin area.  What's the difference between gibberish and text?  Meaning, familiarity, common usage, a cultural history.  Expectations.  The same rules apply to names and titles.

My pride is established, my need to prove myself is absolved and absent.  I lack this need.


So you are just an IDEA of your pride. You yourself have none then.
You are just a cloak, a shadow...

Where and when and how was this pride Established?

So what's established once, need not be proved again?

A man who's built his muscles need not exercise again to maintain himself?
Turk, have you learnt anything on this forum, or just from reality, or just from experiencing yourself?

Quote :

I only seek one name and one title, Philosopher.

You gave this to yourself? Because I don't see anyone else giving you that title...
Turk, its why I called you a Narcissist...

Quote :

 I must step out of the arena of Philosophy.  There is nothing left for me except to speak to a mind greater than my own.  Equals, and those beneath me, no longer interest me.  There are human limits.

Do another escape, Coward.

Quote :
 And you are human, or lesser even.

That sounds familiar...

Its why I had already foreseen that the other lunatic here and you are just the same...

Self-identity, vanity, rising up through associative familiarity with the most "original" and "unique" beings... delusion, need for constant praise, attention whoring, pride and independence as a controvertiality-quotient...

Same Turkeys.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
a Philosopher is a man who has Both the male and the female within him

Quote :
Paul Deussen related an occasion on which Nietzsche was taken by his fraternity brothers to a brothel in Cologne.  He was so taken aback that he could only free himself from the hypnotizing gaze of the women by going to the piano, “the only living thing in the room,” as he apparently put it, to play until he felt free to leave.  Commenting upon this, Deussen wrote that Nietzsche was a man who had never touched a woman.  But that did not imply that he was affectionate with young men.  As Nietzsche’s closest companion at Pforta and in Bonn, Deussen was in a good position to know that his friend’s sexual drives were deeply hidden.  In the same vein, another of Nietzsche’s fellow students at Bonn later noted that Nietzsche had seemed to him to be a complete man and woman, oddly coupled together inside a single body.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


I have read that, thanks for the approp. recall... you always do it well.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:56 am

Thirsty wrote:
Hold on a second. How can you say that you no longer fear flying if our "operating system" is based on fear?
You do not fear what you know. You know the sun will rise tomorrow. If you doubted this premise, and actually disbelieved the sun will rise tomorrow, then you would change everything about your life right now. You would prepare for death. Because that's what's implied by the sun not rising. The earth would stop rotating or be in another situation where the sun does not "rise" based on human perspectives.

You function, every morning, on the premise that the sun rises tomorrow.

Lyssa already dodged this question, like a coward. Will you do the same? How does a human only "33% believe" the sun will rise tomorrow? Explain this.

People do not fear what they know. However, familiarity breeds contempt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:05 am

Lyssa wrote:
So then understand in your own warped way, that's *Why* I am saying,
Politics is the art of economy, and Philosophy is its Science.
At bottom, an organism is about efficient arangement, the best order for max. power. The philosophical consciousness is the science of this economy - it probes to ask what is the best life, how can I live the most meaningful way, what is the noblest path?, etc.

Phil. is the maximization of the underlying politics that one IS.
The only "warping" is your perversion and failure to reproduce my ideas verbatim. Since you have a lesser, inferior mind, you will fail to copy my memes and ideas like a woman ought to have the skill for. Your failure to copy basic ideas and points demonstrates your intellectual and philosophical ability, or I should say, lack thereof.

You are misconstruing the primary and secondary drives. What is the drive "to learn", to explore, for the organism? Think, child, think. Use your brain and reason if you can. An infant is born. Does it not attempt to learn the world? Does it not attempt to pull away from his or her mother's desperate loving grasps? Does the mother want to let the child go without supervision? Or doesn't the mother dote over her child, too watchful, too smothering, too restraining?


Lyssa wrote:
So you are just an IDEA of your pride. You yourself have none then.
You are just a cloak, a shadow...

Where and when and how was this pride Established?

So what's established once, need not be proved again?

A man who's built his muscles need not exercise again to maintain himself?
Turk, have you learnt anything on this forum, or just from reality, or just from experiencing yourself?
I have learned more than enough, about you and others here. You do not impress me. Your copy pasting may impress some much stupider males, but not me.

My pride is my business. I feel no compulsion to justify myself to somebody as lowly as you.


Lyssa wrote:
You gave this to yourself? Because I don't see anyone else giving you that title...
Turk, its why I called you a Narcissist...
You have not followed this thread close enough.

You are appealing to another, your backer. You want to impress somebody here. You fancy yourself as intimidating and "ruthless". While actually you make no points, have no sharp words, nor relevancy.


Lyssa wrote:
That sounds familiar...

Its why I had already foreseen that the other lunatic here and you are just the same...

Self-identity, vanity, rising up through associative familiarity with the most "original" and "unique" beings... delusion, need for constant praise, attention whoring, pride and independence as a controvertiality-quotient...

Same Turkeys.
Is this your best attempt to get under my skin? Isn't philosophy merely a game to you, with no repercussions? Are you ever serious?

These are rhetorical questions, no need to answer them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Quote :
Lyssa wrote:So then understand in your own warped way, that's *Why* I am saying,
Politics is the art of economy, and Philosophy is its Science.
At bottom, an organism is about efficient arangement, the best order for max. power. The philosophical consciousness is the science of this economy - it probes to ask what is the best life, how can I live the most meaningful way, what is the noblest path?, etc.

Phil. is the maximization of the underlying politics that one IS.


The only "warping" is your perversion and failure to reproduce my ideas verbatim. Since you have a lesser, inferior mind, you will fail to copy my memes and ideas like a woman ought to have the skill for. Your failure to copy basic ideas and points demonstrates your intellectual and philosophical ability, or I should say, lack thereof.


The extent of your obtuseness is embarassing.


Quote :
You are misconstruing the primary and secondary drives. What is the drive "to learn", to explore, for the organism? Think, child, think. Use your brain and reason if you can. An infant is born. Does it not attempt to learn the world? Does it not attempt to pull away from his or her mother's desperate loving grasps? Does the mother want to let the child go without supervision? Or doesn't the mother dote over her child, too watchful, too smothering, too restraining?

Turk, what is a cell?

How does an organism evolve?

What is growth?


Quote :

Lyssa wrote:So you are just an IDEA of your pride. You yourself have none then.
You are just a cloak, a shadow...

Where and when and how was this pride Established?

So what's established once, need not be proved again?

A man who's built his muscles need not exercise again to maintain himself?
Turk, have you learnt anything on this forum, or just from reality, or just from experiencing yourself?I have learned more than enough, about you and others here.


You do not impress me. Your copy pasting may impress some much stupider males, but not me.

You dodge like a coward. No.
you are one.

And its true... every girl comes here hoping she impresses someone. don't ever Doubt that.....

Quote :
My pride is my business. I feel no compulsion to justify myself to somebody as lowly as you.

Who's talking about You, but the principle behind... its why I offered the example of the exercise, but your head is stuck into your curtains.
Its why you are a Narcissist, unable to see anything beyond mememmemememe

Turkey, how is pride established?

Quote :
Lyssa wrote:You gave this to yourself? Because I don't see anyone else giving you that title...
Turk, its why I called you a Narcissist...You have not followed this thread close enough.

You are appealing to another, your backer.

Yea, its called a quote.

Your own statements expose you.

Quote :
You want to impress somebody here. You fancy yourself as intimidating and "ruthless". While actually you make no points, have no sharp words, nor relevancy.

Damn right. I'm here to impress all the men. How do you think I got to this position?
I sent Satyr and Apaosha hot videos of me dancing...   and the lower I dropped, the higher I got up the social ladder...
After all, you know I'm only interested in Politics.., i'm a power-whore... standing above you... and I love it...

Its true.
I'm only here to seduce men with my playful copy/paste... turk.
Men find it such a turn-on... they jack to my quotes
you didn't know?

I don't have to earn a thing. I'm a princess.
What can You do about it? Nothing.

You have no courage to do anything about it.

Therefore you are no male.


Quote :

Lyssa wrote:That sounds familiar...

Its why I had already foreseen that the other lunatic here and you are just the same...

Self-identity, vanity, rising up through associative familiarity with the most "original" and "unique" beings... delusion, need for constant praise, attention whoring, pride and independence as a controvertiality-quotient...

Same Turkeys.

Is this your best attempt to get under my skin?

Are you begging to be raped? 'Cuz... it has already happened, while you were busy being a narcissist...


Quote :
Isn't philosophy merely a game to you, with no repercussions? Are you ever serious?

These are rhetorical questions, no need to answer them.

I will answer them as I please. Rhetoric or not, who cares? Can you stop me? Do you have courage, power?
i'm female and so I'm immortal, and more powerful than you.
I'm the overman.

I can play as much as I want because I'm immortal.

What can you do? You are just a mortal with no pride...

You are nothing.

And I'm the only Philosopher here. I'm here with Pride to Explore with Courage the obtuseness of turkeys that make me Doubt them as even Male...

Aisshhh... Until you have something of substance to say, i'm done with you.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*


Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Lyssa wrote:


Aisshhh... Until you have something of substance to say, i'm done with you.
Narcissist!
Solipsist!!!

What's funny is that the PDitty was the first to use the "You are a solipsist" attack on me.
And he used it for the same reasons the Moron does now: a way to get my attention and to make me respond on what is being offered:
Nothing.

Don't waste your time.
Soon he'll be repeating what you told him back to you, claiming he's been saying it all along, and accusing you of disagreeing with it.
Then he'll try to go off-script and make a fool of himself....again.

When anger strikes, he'll flood every thread with his crap....get locked up again, and then play the role of the dangerous loner everybody fears.

Patterns.
In time, you really do not bother.  
Like remakes of the same movie, using different actors, names, titles...images.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Lyssa Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Lyssa,

You need to think bigger, begin to expand your mind to my level. Open your mind to my possibilities and accept them without doubt. Trust what I say intrinsically, no doubt. Just listen. Accept my ideas completely.

Take any individual cell, and is it not a tiny part of a larger organism? How many cells comprise the hominid specie? You are dividing things too far, to make some pathetic suggestion on behalf of your knowledge, learned in a traceable manner. It is not about just "a cell". Which specie are we talking about? Hominid supposedly. You take yourself as the example. A wombman. Growth extends from what? An egg is fertilized, an embryo, and from this grows an infant, a child, a teenager, an adult, an elder, a corpse. Life recycles. Which tiny section of life are you specifying? Your claim of obtuseness represents your own, limited, very small, perspective. You have a small view.

Define your context, your lack and want to do so, exposes your cowardice. I lead the context here. Which specie? Which time of life? Which growth? Is the growth of a fertilized embryo the same as....an elder? Which stage of life does growth represent? Growth is an aspect of childhood, not elderhood. You speak from the perspective of the child, not the adult, who no longer grows, gets taller. The infant grows, gets larger, taller, within a year. An adult does not, is stunted in growth. Investigate the reasons, the causes.


Pride is normally confined to males and masculinity. What is female pride, what do women have to become proud about? Should a slut, who spreads her sex around town, to any dick tom and harry, be proud? Should a beautiful blondie blue eye virgin be proud, of defending her virginity from degenerates and scum? Should we not judge women based on the men who penetrate their innocence?


Your desire to stand above me exposes what you lack, Pride.


You cannot explore the unknown without understanding what you already believe to know: "Know Thyself". Your childish beliefs blind you. You have no pride, wombman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Satyr wrote:
Narcissist!
Solipsist!!!

What's funny is that the PDitty was the first to use the "You are a solipsist" attack on me.
And he used it for the same reasons the Moron does now: a way to get my attention and to make me respond on what is being offered:
Nothing.

Don't waste your time.
Soon he'll be repeating what you told him back to you, claiming he's been saying it all along, and accusing you of disagreeing with it.
Then he'll try to go off-script and make a fool of himself....again.

When anger strikes, he'll flood every thread with his crap....get locked up again, and then play the role of the dangerous loner everybody fears.

Patterns.
In time, you really do not bother.  
Like remakes of the same movie, using different actors, names, titles...images.
Your mind-slave needs help, good thing you are here to rescue her from my clutches.

Tell her to never respond to me, ignore me, that is your best chance.

Convince her that she is "free" to do as she pleases here, and that you hold no sway, no position.

Lie, and convince her that you are an "innocent bystander", a "simple observer, a voyeur" with no voice, while you goad her along as subtly as possible. Without me exposing your childish behavior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Wyrm wrote:
You need to think bigger, begin to expand your mind to my level. Open your mind to my possibilities and accept them without doubt. Trust what I say intrinsically, no doubt. Just listen. Accept my ideas completely.
You are getting sleeepy.....
Close your eyes, feel my words.
Your eyelids feeeeeel heavy....

Wyrm wrote:
Your mind-slave needs help, good thing you are here to rescue her from my clutches.
Yes, you are a great danger to my cult.
Still waiting for you to take over this place...and lead them all to your kingdom.

Wyrm wrote:
Tell her to never respond to me, ignore me, that is your best chance.
Your powers are formidable, master of disguises.
Look at how easily you pull another escape from the prison you were placed in...unjustifiably.

What happened, ILP did not bend to your Will, despite my absence?

Tell the woman how I feared your power, wanting to maintain my grip upon these lost souls.
Tell her that I imprison only those that make me tremble.  

Or don't....but remember:
You flood this forum with the same crap, and turn every thread into your cries for attention....and you know where you'll be going....again.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm so scared. You intimidate me and I respect you, greatly.

Lyssa, also, respects you, more than me. She is young and needs your guidance, guide her....away from me, as you just did.

Make sure she never responds to my threads again. You're doing her a real favor, good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:47 pm

I am getting sleeeepy.....
My eyelids are becoming heavy.....
I will never doubt, master...
You are my master....
I am your slave....
Your words are not to be doubted....but only accepted....
Yes master....

I shall obey master......
She told you she will ignore you but I will make her, because your power is too magnetic.....

Thank you for sparing my cult and not taking it over.....grand philosopher....

Aaaaaaand....scene!

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Satyr wrote:
Don't waste your time.
I hope she listens to your grand, powerful wisdom.

You can have the last word for the day, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Æon wrote:
I'm so scared.  You intimidate me and I respect you, greatly.

Like you had a choice?

Quote :
Lyssa, also, respects you, more than me.  She is young and needs your guidance, guide her....away from me, as you just did.

Make sure she never responds to my threads again.  You're doing her a real favor, good work.

How scared you are of me... coward.

The sight of you pleading Satyr to keep me from you is very... un-come-ly... lolz

Remember, because I have deafeated you once, its already established.
I don't have to prove it again.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Æon wrote:
Lyssa,

Wrong.

Cum guzzling sperm burpin' whore more like it...
I'm only here to impress the men... never doubt that.

Quote :
Take any individual cell, and is it not a tiny part of a larger organism?

How did it become so turkey?

Answer.

Tell me what a cell is first.

EXPLORE.

Its what a philosopher does.

What is a cell?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*


Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Lyssa wrote:


How scared you are of me...  coward.


Close your eyes.....
listen to the sound of my words....the typing on the keyboard, the rhythm is making you drowsy...

You feel tired, sleeeeepy....

You are wrooooong, do not doubt it.....
I aaaam right, my wooooords seductive buzz-saws cutting your resistances aaaaassuuuunder.....

Do not doubt me, child....
I am your master....you are my slaaaaave.

When I snap my fingers, or tap my screen, you will awaken. Feeling refreshed, happy, horny....hungry for guidance and a penis.
Do not resist this sensation....follow it to where I liiiiive....on the west coast.
I will be waiting for you on platform shows, wearing a clown's rotating bow-tie....

When I spin it you will become wet...and wild.
You will fall under the spell of my wooooords......wooooords....
Nooothing I say will sound neeedy, ridiculous, pathetic....it will be philosophical, genius....unique.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 937
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Lyssa wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
There are women who are both beautiful and intelligent and content to rule through their sons and grandsons. They are "philosophical enough" to let their heirs DO the philosophy.

In the ideal,

To marry a woman is to marry your highest hope. Because you generate possibility, only a woman can redeem a possibility into a world and grant you freedom. She is your redemption.

To marry a man is to marry your strongest refuge. Because you have seen into the crevices, into the patterns that will blossom into a flower, you wish to give the world a chance, to conserve that memory that is You, only a man can protect it from oblivion, by shaping that fate to a destiny, by giving her his Name. He is her salvation.



Nietzsche wrote:
"The female intellect. - Women's intellect is manifested as perfect control, presence of mind, and utilization of all advantages. They bequeath it as their fundamental character to their children, and the father furnishes the darker background of will. His influence determines the rhythm and harmony, so to speak, to which the new life is to be played out; but its melody comes from the woman.
To say it for those who know how to explain a thing: women have the intelligence, men the heart and passion. This is not contradicted by the fact that men actually get so much farther with their intelligence: they have the deeper, more powerful drives; these take their intelligence, which is in itself something passive, forward. Women are often privately amazed at the great honor men pay to their hearts.
When men look especially for a profound, warm-hearted being, in choosing their spouse, and women for a clever, alert, and brilliant being, one sees very clearly how a man is looking for an idealized man, and a woman for an idealized woman--that is, not for a complement, but for the perfection of their own merits." [HATH, 411]

Nietzsche wrote:
But I will admit that the greatest objection to 'eternal return,' my truly abysmal thought is always my mother and sister.

I have a suspicion that no one loves anything as much as a mother loves a well turned out son... to the point of suffering him, to the point of risking his immortality. And yet the violence inherent in a mother's love is carried into the eternal return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Like you had a choice?
Choice is possibility, freedom, power. Those with limited possibilities, have limited choice, limited power.

Those like you.


Lyssa wrote:
How scared you are of me... coward.
How has this thread progressed so far? Satyr warns you, stay away. "Don't bother." Yet you disobey your master. Why not listen to his commands, or, suggestions? Satyr claims that he is a watcher, a "voyeur", is this true? Or does he not step in, and speak, to you?

After he warned you, didn't he issue me a warning? "Speak as I approve of, or you end up in the dungeon"?

Threats not so subtle anymore. Now backtrack, I want to see the both of you walk backward.

Can you deny the print in writing, in quote?


Satyr wrote:
Don't waste your time.
Satyr wrote:
....and you know where you'll be going....again.
I'm shaking, quivering in my boots. Such dangerous threats. Do as I say, and you will be "safe".

This thread is overflowing with....hypocrisy. Who is the bully here? Who is innocent, victim? Who claims to bully the bullies?

Ha, continue your attempts to derail the thread. What is philosophy, do you remember the question?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Stay on topic, boys and girls, children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
There are women who are both beautiful and intelligent and content to rule through their sons and grandsons. They are "philosophical enough" to let their heirs DO the philosophy.

In the ideal,

To marry a woman is to marry your highest hope. Because you generate possibility, only a woman can redeem a possibility into a world and grant you freedom. She is your redemption.

To marry a man is to marry your strongest refuge. Because you have seen into the crevices, into the patterns that will blossom into a flower, you wish to give the world a chance, to conserve that memory that is You, only a man can protect it from oblivion, by shaping that fate to a destiny, by giving her his Name. He is her salvation.



Nietzsche wrote:
"The female intellect. - Women's intellect is manifested as perfect control, presence of mind, and utilization of all advantages. They bequeath it as their fundamental character to their children, and the father furnishes the darker background of will. His influence determines the rhythm and harmony, so to speak, to which the new life is to be played out; but its melody comes from the woman.
To say it for those who know how to explain a thing: women have the intelligence, men the heart and passion. This is not contradicted by the fact that men actually get so much farther with their intelligence: they have the deeper, more powerful drives; these take their intelligence, which is in itself something passive, forward. Women are often privately amazed at the great honor men pay to their hearts.
When men look especially for a profound, warm-hearted being, in choosing their spouse, and women for a clever, alert, and brilliant being, one sees very clearly how a man is looking for an idealized man, and a woman for an idealized woman--that is, not for a complement, but for the perfection of their own merits." [HATH, 411]

Nietzsche wrote:
But I will admit that the greatest objection to 'eternal return,' my truly abysmal thought is always my mother and sister.

I have a suspicion that no one loves anything as much as a mother loves a well turned out son... to the point of suffering him, to the point of risking his immortality.  And yet the violence inherent in a mother's love is carried into the eternal return.


Quote :
"Mothers. - Animals think differently about females than humans do; they consider the female to be the productive being. There is no paternal love among them, only something like love for the children of a beloved and a getting used to them. In their children females have a satisfaction of their desire to dominate, a possession, an occupation, something that is totally intelligible to them and can be prattled with: all this taken together is motherly love - it is to be compared to the love of an artist for his work." [N., JW, 72]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Philosopher,

Read and observe, this "female philosopher" accuses me of being you. She cannot see the difference. She doesn't realize that I become you. I earn my title of Philosopher. I earn my name. She claims that I "already am" you. She claims, that I claim, that I have already achieved philosophy hood. I am a philosopher.

I am Philosopher.

This is her belief and thought. She hasn't read the thread, as definitively written. She is battling a dæmon within her own mind, a phantasm. After she accuses me of being you, she then attempts to doubt my doubt with silly, childish questions. Have I doubted I am a man? Have I doubted the sun revolves around the earth? Have I doubted that I am excellent? If she had read the thread, then she would have seen, that I already implied all these questions. It should become more than obvious that I have doubted All, at least, attempted to. I have doubted anything she offers. She detects a weakness, as she should.

Isn't doubt a weakness? Isn't a representation of fear and lack of confidence? Isn't self doubt an invitation to predators to attack you? Aren't you the weakest man, Philosopher? You are so full of doubt.

But what these fools fail to realize, is that doubt leads to understanding, discovery, and knowledge. You learn your values by doubting. You learn your limits, what you can doubt or are willing to doubt. Some values you will doubt greatly, others less so. I implored these faggots, these children, to learn philosophy and learn doubt. But do they? No.

Lyssa is too infatuated with her vanity and narcissism as well as her political allegiances. Witness how she immediately focuses on resets to politics. That's what philosophy is to her. That is what you are to her, Philosopher. You are a politician, not a man to learn from, or lead into the unknown. She desires to pull you back to society, into the realm of the already known, the a priori. This is where she hopes to make her home, in the undoubted safety of society.

Predictable, can't you guess what she'll do next, and which area she will attack in hopes of a weakness?

After her interlude into politics, pathetically attempting to differentiate the two topics with the question "what is a cell?" she went into the ad hominen attacks. "I'm better than you." Who, the fuck, cares? Better at what, superior at what, above what? Above doubt? Above philosophy? Lyssa is a misguided, little, child girl. She clings onto Satyr's guidance and direction. Satyr, on one hand, brags about how he "watches" and does not step in, while simultaneously whispering into his little girl's ears "Don't bother". Yes, he is so innocent. When you point out the hypocrisy? "I will throw you in the dungeon". An obvious threat.

Pathetic, Philosopher, these two are quite pathetic. Watch and perhaps learn, I hope to teach you something, Philosopher. I hope to learn, myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Æon wrote:
You do not fear what you know.  You know the sun will rise tomorrow.  If you doubted this premise, and actually disbelieved the sun will rise tomorrow, then you would change everything about your life right now.  You would prepare for death.  Because that's what's implied by the sun not rising.  The earth would stop rotating or be in another situation where the sun does not "rise" based on human perspectives.

You function, every morning, on the premise that the sun rises tomorrow.

Lyssa already dodged this question, like a coward.  Will you do the same?  How does a human only "33% believe" the sun will rise tomorrow?  Explain this.

People do not fear what they know.  However, familiarity breeds contempt.

Holy fucking Moses on a carousel...
Are you able to focus for a second and pay attention to what I've asked you?

Æon wrote:
After I learn and know all about airplanes, I no longer fear flying, because I control the plane.  I know what its malfunctions are.  I know how to escape in a parachute.  I know the ins and outs.

Thirsty wrote:
How can you say that you no longer fear flying if our "operating system" is based on fear?

We're talking about fear and the things which you've learnt, right?

So, I've asked you a question, and everything what you have to do is to focus on the topic and be specific, go right to the point, be precise and just answer the question.

But look what you have done - you're all over the place with your hypothetical situations - "the sun will rise tomorrow", "prepare for death", even the Earth might stop rotating. On top of that, you've also managed to inject a few words about Lyssa.

AND, ironically, you're asking if I'm going to dodge the question.






Let's try again.

Only because you have learnt how to control the plane and how to use a parachute, it doesn't mean that you got rid of fear.


Imagine that you're sitting in cockpit.








What is the reason that you react when you hear a beeping sound?
What is the reason behind the very first reaction you have, LONG before you form some kind of thoughts and understand what is going on?


Couriosity?

Joy?


What is it? Explain this.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Thirsty wrote:
What is the reason that you react when you hear a beeping sound?
What is the reason behind the very first reaction you have, LONG before you form some kind of thoughts and understand what is going on?


Couriosity?

Joy?


What is it? Explain this.
The presumption is that the pilot knows the ins and outs of his own plane. Do you understand this premise? Do you understand that pilots do not just appear out of nowhere, magically? Do you understand that knowledge is a requirement, a prerequisite, to fly? I presume that you know this underlying context.

Now, given that a pilot knows everything about his plane, a beeping noise will be familiar to him. He will have heard it before. He will know, as quickly as possible, the type of alarm. Is he alert? Is he sober? Is he awake and not sleep deprived? Define the specific context.

If the pilot is a rookie, or, maybe the pilots were murdered by terrorists aboard the planet. Maybe the pilot is a passenger who has come to the control, to land the plane in an emergency. Maybe the pilot had a heart attack and died. Who is the pilot?

If the pilot does not know the planet, the beeping noise, how to fly, etc., then yes, fear will overflow. Because this person probably will die, without the knowledge of how to fly. And even with the knowledge, fear is still a factor. But it is less of a factor. A pilot can control fear, using knowledge as the deterrent.


I must question your basic intellectual abilities. So far, you have not offered a good faith presentation here. You add no context. You complain about your own lack of context, and you are going slightly off topic. How does fear and knowledge interact? Ask yourself this, before responding again. What is the effect of extreme knowledge, knowing all the ins and outs? What happens when the pilot is experienced, most knowledgeable, and wisest? Won't he be aware of his plane, its most common malfunctions, its quality, its safety, its fuel level, its wear and tear, its best flying altitude, its best maneuvers? Yes, he knows all of these factors.

That is the result of knowledge. You know. You are a aware. You are responsive. You have experience. You have, already, overcome obstacles. You know, through experience. You have flown hundreds of planes. You know your plane. You know your crew. You know yourself. You know everything about the situation. You know the beeping noises. You know what to do. You know your objective. You know the nearest landing areas. You know what to do in an emergency.

You know.

Do you know what knowledge is??? I do. The above proves that I do. I add context where you lack. I demonstrate your ignorance, for you. I compensate for your lack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: A Warning Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Newcomers to the thread,

Don't enter this thread like a bitch or ingrate. Come in here, open minded, prepared to do philosophy. Do philosophy. Philosophize. Know the Philosopher as I do, attempt to become Him. Become a philosopher. Females, obviously as we've demonstrated, cannot become Him, due to the aforementioned reasons. But females can still watch and learn, be "entertained" I suppose. Be a part of the crowd, a cheerleader, rooting for your men, as Lyssa roots for Satyr. Cheer him on. Females, know your place as you know yourselves.

Men, what is a good faith argument? Why is "good faith" important to philosophy, opposed to "bad doubt"? What is the relationship between doubt and faith? On what grounds do you stand, why are you here? Do you have a grudge, do you hold onto it? Are you here to learn, degrade, teach, what? What is your objective?

Understand these questions. Ask and answer. Realize that I am many, countless steps ahead of you. Can you follow this thread word by word, are you paying attention each sentence? Probably not. Many of you want to cut to the chase. You want to interrupt the flow and step in whenever you please, hesitate to do so.

I lead this thread, this conversation. You follow, like two dancers, a man leading his little girl by her trembling hands. You've never danced before, and you've never followed very well. Now you dance in front of a crowd, and you follow still. You are a good follower, not a great leader. And you will follow.

If you want to lead, by all means, do so. But learn philosophy. Become Philosopher, first. Are you Philosopher?

Can you lead? Can you doubt? Can you question? Can you answer? Can you do philosophy? Can you philosophize?

Don't come here in bad faith, as Lyssa and Satyr already proved. Come in good faith, and if you desire to lead, then lead. Teach me something new. Answer every single question you have, before I do. Answer your own questions, before you ask them. Show me your seriousness, that you actually love philosophy. Show me that you are passionate about philosophy. Show me, Philosopher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Thirsty wrote:
Æon wrote:
You do not fear what you know.  You know the sun will rise tomorrow.  If you doubted this premise, and actually disbelieved the sun will rise tomorrow, then you would change everything about your life right now.  You would prepare for death.  Because that's what's implied by the sun not rising.  The earth would stop rotating or be in another situation where the sun does not "rise" based on human perspectives.

You function, every morning, on the premise that the sun rises tomorrow.

Lyssa already dodged this question, like a coward.  Will you do the same?  How does a human only "33% believe" the sun will rise tomorrow?  Explain this.

People do not fear what they know.  However, familiarity breeds contempt.

Holy fucking Moses on a carousel...
Are you able to focus for a second and pay attention to what I've asked you?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Be still.
Calm yourself.

Listen to the sound of my voice, read the words....do not doubt them, doubt your resistance to them.

Be silent...
You will feel yourself becoming heavier.....heavier...
A slumber is coming over you.

Doubt yourself, do not doubt my words.
I come bringing salvation....
I am the messiah.

Philosophy is about hypnosis, mind tricks....do not resist.
Resist only your resistance.

We will be calling this session "philosophy".
We will be philosophizing about philosophy.

Why do you refuse my words?
Learn to have faith.

Blind faith in me.

I am your maaaaaaster....
I am goooood....like.
I neeeeeed toi be worshiped.....I neeeeed pussssy....

Let me seeeed your mind with my wooooords....
Truuust me.
What is trust....trust is faith....
Have faith about me.





_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Satyr, stay on topic and quit trolling.

You should delete your previous, off topic response, since it adds nothing to this thread and the OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14466
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Your words...they are magical.
I cannot doubt them...but only doubt my own doubting.


Lead...lead us to the promised land....
I am guessing it's between your legs.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:11 pm

You complain about the quality of content on ILP, but strangely, when it comes to this forum, you trash threads similar to how mr reasonable does so on ILP.

So how is this area any different, when both you and he are common trolls, who cannot stay on topic and add content to a discussion?

Go ahead and dodge this question, it's ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Lets not disrupt his thread.

He's about to promise unique, original wisdom nobody else can give.

He was not born for this time.
He speaks to the future.

He's Aeon.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:43 pm

I combine past, present, and future into one fluid aspect of time.

I discriminate based on time and perspective. Very few do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Æon wrote:


Now, given that a pilot knows everything about his plane, a beeping noise will be familiar to him.  He will have heard it before.
He will know, as quickly as possible, the type of alarm.
 

Is he alert?  Is he sober?  Is he awake and not sleep deprived?  Define the specific context.
(...)

A pilot can control fear, using knowledge as the deterrent.

(...)

I must question your basic intellectual abilities.  So far, you have not offered a good faith presentation here.

(...)

Do you know what knowledge is???  I do.  The above proves that I do.  I add context where you lack.  I demonstrate your ignorance, for you.  I compensate for your lack.


My dearest King, forgive me.

Me grandson of witches and heretics got overwhelmed by your knowledge and wisdom.
And this might be one of the reasons why I've confused a piece of software with the Operating System.


Now, let me bend over for you and use my micro-intellectual abilities to pay my duty.

Please, don't hesitate, close your eyes, and enjoy...
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1806
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:27 am

Disrupt the thread when you have something to contribute to the premise, what is philosophy?

Attempt to define philosophy in your own words. Own your words, become accountable for yourself.

Everybody in this thread should have a respective definition of philosophy at the ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy?

Back to top Go down
 
What is Philosophy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» On Zen Masters - some thoughts from Stuart Lachs
» Insightful Essay: Post-Traditional Buddhism - the Quiet Revolution
» Taha Chuan: State law pursues the philosophy of autocracy will not respond to the criticisms of MPs Majid Asadi and the Barzani Thursday, March 22 / March 2012 18:25
» Free Esoteric Podcasts
» Movie Philosophy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: