Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Surrender and Sexual Predation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Mo
Lamb
avatar

Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 11:52 am

Lyssa,

'Cultivation' means the same thing as to be benefitted by, in the context of this thread.

Lyssa wrote:
Yet, you never explained why Satyr's positions lacked reason and took to fifi.

Satyr's cynicism is the same as phoneutria's. They both see "surrender" to anyone other than yourself as weakness and a death sentence, rather than an affirmation of one's values and a strength, as you do, in your OP. That's why Satyr described his predation as he did---i.e., parasitism. I reject both of their cynicisms, obviously.

When I act for the sake of what I value, I don't trash it, consume it, and excrete it. What I pursue in other people (and thus exhibit as valuable by my actions) isn't metaphorical food, to me. Nor do I measure the consequences of my actions solely in terms of myself---because I am not a solipsist about value. I'm not the parasite that Satyr describes of himself. The weak don't need help dying. And what would I get from feeding on it, other than another kind of weakness?

Quote :
If "just because" is not your phrase or your idea,,, why do you not start a topic on what IS your idea...

I explained what the idea was to you. I would just be cut and pasting it into a new thread.

Quote :
Then do not blame him for the observations he makes - you chose to accept being cultivated by Fifi (being critical of her included) and her ideas, than Satyr.
Its a fact then that he finds you more receptive to her than himself.

Anybody can make observations, and create more and more elaborate descriptions. It doesn’t mean that they aren’t still descriptions of internal shadows that they find moving in the dark. Satyr can describe for you some Christian nihilist egalitarian random-mixing Nietzsche wanna-be---as if that makes sense---but it doesn’t mean it isn’t bullshit. As I said, it falls to the floor and I walk past. After awhile, why even bother poking it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Surrender, such a romanticized word.

The beginning of wisdom is a surrender - it leads to a lucidity some have called "objectivity".
it begins with a stoic acceptance of one's fate - the inevitability of it, as in mortality but more...as in the coming chaos, and its cyclical return.

The Nihilist grasps on the idea(l) to save himself from the real.
He surrenders to it, whether he call it idea, God, love, other, to escape what he cannot come to terms with.
He confuses a surrender to the hope the otherness offers for the acceptance of its unavoidable failure.
Like a child he clings to the arms of a stranger, because in him he has found his identity, and in that blessed union, never to be completed, he escapes.
The idea(l), the noumenon, the abstraction, having been given a name, a word, a symbol, becomes his salvation of hope.
He loses himself in it, thinking he has found a way around the infinite regress.
He calls it love, because it clouds his mind, with pleasantries, like a child grasping upon the nipple.

Surrender?
What more can a man surrender to than his own nature, his own ephemeral existence, his own end?
After that, there is only gamesmanship, the slight of hand and lip, selective intimacies, shared pleasures of give and take, and avoidance.

The man-child thinks he is invisible, when he provides all the data one needs, though he tries to keep it safe with small controlled bursts of plausible-deniability.
He wants to be seen, but not really - ideally.
He wants eyes to fall over him that will be forgiving, and tender.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Just a though....
If satyr thins of mo a particular way, instead of another, that's his own business and his own problem.
Specially if mo doesn't give a shit about what satyr thinks, which might be the case.

Does satyr go everywhere correcting every misunderstanding people make regards him? Why should mo? Why should anyone?
I think satyr said in a chat that he washed his hands from whatever any idiot may say or do based on what he posts. Should mo not do the same?
Why is it so important that mo should care abouy satyr or you think, lyssa? Do tell.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Mooo, is, used as an example, a specimen.
People like you fail to see the bigger picture.
You are obsessed with yourself, and everything becomes an interpersonal exchange, like pleasure is an event in space/time with no far reaching repercussions and no past.

Repeating "I do not care" sometimes indicates the opposite...and pretending you do care might also indicate the opposite, in regards to the particular in relation to the general.  

The same mistake is made, and not accidentally.
The average mind can only understand using himself as the starting point, and so he finds in my engagement of shit-Smears, for instance, and my usage of him, as an example, the only reason he can understand: obsession.

The explanation functions in two ways:
1- It offers a possibility it can relate to
2- It diminishes the one it is used to describe

This would be like accusing a scientist of being obsessed with an individual cow, when he is studying bovine nature, of being obsessed with that particular cow.

Now, I for one, could care less how anyone understand me and my actions.
If I care or do not care, is besides the point...because what I do care for is satisfied by what I do.
It's also true that whether others think I am fat or thin, tall or short, ugly or beautiful, smart or dumb, good with the ladies or a virgin, has little impact on my motives.
It only matters as an indication of the other's judgment...because we expose ourselves through what we think.

If I am proud of being the "best" Nietzsche mouthpiece, or if I brag about my I.Q., or how many women I've had sex with, all this matters, to me, for reasons other than the subject being proposed.
And if I am called a guru wannabe, or a cult leader, or vulgar, base, an attention whore, or whatever...does not matter.

I want everyone to tell me.
So, please tell me what you think of me or how little you think of me, or that you do not care to think of me, and I will continue to care...and I want you to know that I do care, and you do affect me, sometimes making me lose sleep over some hurtful remarks.

Perspectivism works only for so long, and only when one cannot put into practice what he thinks.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:04 pm

All knowing satyr, the people reader, who weeks ago thought me a divorcee with an adopted kid... I am not salome, as I am not the caricatures you paint of me. Your arrogance in categorically describing people from a position of ignorance is a display of weakness. Let your ideas stand for themselves, or resign to being an ankle biter... dear.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Ha!!!

My sweet...you are a closed book to me.
A mystery, wrapped in an enigma.

I bet you've never fished.

Are social conventions psychological truths?

I brought my whip!!!
In a medium of words, new ways of searching must be used.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Good to see two of my favorite people on the internets battling it out.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:18 pm

This is a battle?

Name changes are also important to notice, when only words are available.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:22 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Just a though....
If satyr thins of mo a particular way, instead of another, that's his own business and his own problem.
Specially if mo doesn't give a shit about what satyr thinks, which might be the case.

Does satyr go everywhere correcting every misunderstanding people make regards him? Why should mo? Why should anyone?
I think satyr said in a chat that he washed his hands from whatever any idiot may say or do based on what he posts. Should mo not do the same?
Why is it so important that mo should care abouy satyr or you think, lyssa? Do tell.


And why is it so important for you to defend Mo, and intrude on my thinking of a certain situation, a certain way, when that's my business?

Perhaps you should have asked me that before concluding I was 'pathetic', and now you pretend to seek to know?? slimy.

And if I answer you, its because saying f--- off might be just too kind.


Who said Mo 'should' care about Satyr or me??  It is because he 'did' care enough to point out a contradiction present, I suggested "it" probably had something to do with x, y, z and perhaps may not really be a contradiction...

That's not asking someone to care about the other, but to assess their own statement, their own judgement.
That's what you do in a philosophy forum.

Since you always personalize things because you *care too much*, you will be unable to see that.

But why does it irk you if I should go everywhere trying to set straight every misunderstanding people make regards Satyr?

Because a hedonist like you can only see Satyr as a person...

He is more than that.

He is a profound symbol, and perhaps it is the symbol I defend here and what it stands for??

He stands for something that is noble, rare, and a path and vision that is worth not only preserving, but spreading everywhere, and one of which includes, "he has never misled anyone" -  itself being a type, an ideal, that is worth more than preserving, defending.

Mo and Satyr are not equal; Satyr is a phenomenon, symbol of something larger and that has exceeded his personal self.

And if you have a problem acknowledging that, or with my defending him, which I will wherever and whenever I can, and it annoys you so, you should stick to your own attitude and not give a shite.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*


Last edited by Lyssa on Sun May 25, 2014 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:25 pm

The challenge in this medium is feminine.
How to use only words...effectively.

Sentences like this...
Moooooooooooooo wrote:
You know that is bullshit. You are a female, and I have been dominating you on Nietzsche, for months. You think I "get" nothing, given what you say. How receptive am I? Anyways, I dominate Sauwelios, or anyone else, on Nietzsche.

...and this....concerning the "why?" and "just because"...

shit-Smears wrote:
This is a place for discussing things, either philosophical, or discussing regular things in a philosophical way. It's not a place to get a free education by responding to everything you encounter with questions that lead to infinite digress.

...and...

shit-Smears wrote:
I'm pretty much good at everything because of my amazing aptitude and discipline.

....and finally...

shit-Smears wrote:
What's fucked up is that you can't get a single one of them to engage you in an actual debate. They wanna write a book, put it out, and then run and hide someplace where they don't have to respond to criticism.

It's weird.

At least liberals can be open and honest about what they believe.

Can I enter a bovine's brain and see its thoughts?
No.
Can I watch it behave, talk, regurgitate, defecate, fornicate, and come to the most probable explanation?
Definitely.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Sun May 25, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:28 pm

phoneutria wrote:
All knowing satyr, the people reader, who weeks ago thought me a divorcee with an adopted kid...


And because you presented yourself as a coquette and insisted that YOU did not care what the other made of you as you are a dream-maker, and then you act as if the other had no scruples?

Amusing.



Quote :
Your arrogance in categorically describing people from a position of ignorance is a display of weakness.

Taking interest in knowing you would be him having no scruples about engaging with a married woman... is it not...


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:31 pm

She's married?!!!
 Shocked 

Well, I never...
I will apologize to her husband for not taking into consideration that hallowed of all sacred vows.
I should have smelled his sperm on her breathe...and cared, for moral reasons, and not only for the aesthetics.

My mind-reading is slipping.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Sun May 25, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:33 pm

She would like to have her cake and eat it too...


Her cynicism justifies her hedonism.



_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Salome was after all the figure who tried to "intellectually" seduce men, now why would that be an insult, when she's been stating here that is what she wants to do?

Seduce others with her mind...


Playing word-games is esp. very masculine...

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*


Last edited by Lyssa on Sun May 25, 2014 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Lyssa wrote:
She would like to have her cake and eat it too...


Her cynicism justifies her hedonism.


Are you implying that her conscience is not burdened by her pleasures?

Should mine be, when I feel such pleasure in exposing duplicity?

And Salome judged perfectly no?
She chose the best man...or was Nietzsche the one who exposed her to herself?
I don't know....
Ask Moooo, he dominates in everything Nietzsche.

Me?
I just knows me bitches.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Satyr wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
She would like to have her cake and eat it too...


Her cynicism justifies her hedonism.


Are you implying that her conscience is not burdened by her pleasures?

Should mine be, when I feel such pleasure in exposing duplicity?  


She stated she would not deny any of her desires, but in her mind you do so, apparently because your conscience is burdened...

Enough said.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Fifi speaks of weakness from arrogance for assuming something...

Imagine the idiocy and comedy of her calling me "rabid" when my username "lyssa" was adopted *Because* it meant rabid...

pathetic.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Lyssa means rabid?!
 Shocked 
I had no idea.

You told me it was Greek for Valkyrie.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Satyr wrote:
Lyssa means rabid?!
 Shocked 
I had no idea.

You told me it was Greek for Valkyrie.

Isn't she always telling how many languages she knows and about being a wordcrafter since young...

You would expect her to care what it means in every language without having to spell it out...


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Lyssa means rabid?!
 Shocked 
I had no idea.

You told me it was Greek for Valkyrie.

Isn't she always telling how many languages she knows and about being a wordcrafter since young...

You would expect her to care what it means in every language without having to spell it out...

And then there's the internet data of shared wisdom.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Mo wrote:


Lyssa wrote:
Yet, you never explained why Satyr's positions lacked reason and took to fifi.

Satyr's cynicism is the same as phoneutria's. They both see "surrender" to anyone other than yourself as weakness and a death sentence, rather than an affirmation of one's values and a strength, as you do, in your OP.


Mo,

Surrender is from a female point of view.

The Noble Hunter is noble because he does not exploit or abuse that surrender of the Sovereign huntress.

Although it was I who first pointed out that indeed fifi and Satyr share the same cynical view of the world, that similarity ends there; their approaches to what they do with that cynical perspective is different.
And Satyr's already explained what cynicism means to him.


Quote :
I'm not the parasite that Satyr describes of himself.

What? Where does he do that?

Quote :

Quote :
If "just because" is not your phrase or your idea,,, why do you not start a topic on what IS your idea...

I explained what the idea was to you. I would just be cut and pasting it into a new thread.

The "just because" was in relation to race, and since you seem to be suggesting that Satyr thinks of himself as a parasite, and that's why you never want to be like him, I have to ask you to show me where he says that?


Quote :
Anybody can make observations, and create more and more elaborate descriptions. It doesn’t mean that they aren’t still descriptions of internal shadows that they find moving in the dark. Satyr can describe for you some Christian nihilist egalitarian random-mixing Nietzsche wanna-be---as if that makes sense---but it doesn’t mean it isn’t bullshit.

You keep trivializing this, but I say you still do not present your case and make clear if intelligence is just another value among values to you, etc.

Since you speak of dominating others on other threads, it is reasonable for me to ask you why you do not challenge Satyr to his own flaws, if not to present your own case?

Why not take him to task??

What he says of you might be stupid,, but why not show how erroneous his positions are?


Quote :
As I said, it falls to the floor and I walk past. After awhile, why even bother poking it?


Many would be benefitted from such a discussion, if not you.
I would say, I for one.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Mo
Lamb
avatar

Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Lyssa wrote:
The Noble Hunter is noble because he does not exploit or abuse that surrender.

Mo: "May I invite her "predator" interlocutors to explain what "predation" means to them?"
Satyr: "Predation: exploitation of a population's weaker elements, along the lines of the path-of-least-resistance, resulting in a natural cleansing of the gene-pool".
Mo: "The thread is titled "sexual predation". You can't be saying that you are a sexual predator if you want to remove your prey's genes from the gene pool. I think you have it backwards"
Satyr: "In the context of this thread predation would be parasitism: exploiting the other's sexuality for your own gain. This can take the form of exploiting pleasure, or duplicity."

Quote :
What he says of you might be stupid,, but why not show how erroneous his positions are?
I call you an egalitarian. You say you're not. You tell me you've never said anything like that. You ask me to quote you.
I call you an egalitarian. You say you're not. You tell me you've never said anything like that. You ask me to quote you.
I call you an egalitarian...

...I am you, in this story. What would you do? I am an elitist. You can find that, and why, in the thread I quoted for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Mo wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
The Noble Hunter is noble because he does not exploit or abuse that surrender.

Mo: "May I invite her "predator" interlocutors to explain what "predation" means to them?"
Satyr: "Predation: exploitation of a population's weaker elements, along the lines of the path-of-least-resistance, resulting in a natural cleansing of the gene-pool".
Mo: "The thread is titled "sexual predation". You can't be saying that you are a sexual predator if you want to remove your prey's genes from the gene pool. I think you have it backwards"
Satyr: "In the context of this thread predation would be parasitism: exploiting the other's sexuality for your own gain. This can take the form of exploiting pleasure, or duplicity."


I said, the Noble Hunter is noble because he does not exploit or abuse that surrender of a Sovereign Huntress.

He clearly said "in the context of this thread" - as regards to Fifi who is against surrendering and theforefore no sovereign huntress, and therefore exploitation as his chosen method of predation.


Quote :

Quote :
What he says of you might be stupid,, but why not show how erroneous his positions are?

I call you an egalitarian. You say you're not. You tell me you've never said anything like that. You ask me to quote you.
I call you an egalitarian. You say you're not. You tell me you've never said anything like that. You ask me to quote you.
I call you an egalitarian...

...I am you, in this story. What would you do? I am an elitist. You can find that, and why, in the thread I quoted for you.


What would Socrates do?


What did Socrates do when accused of something he was not?, or was he?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Mo
Lamb
avatar

Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Lyssa wrote:
I said, the Noble Hunter is noble because he does not exploit or abuse that surrender of a Sovereign Huntress.

He clearly said "in the context of this thread" - as regards to Fifi who is against surrendering and theforefore no sovereign huntress, and therefore exploitation as his chosen method of predation.

The context of the thread is your OP. It's your thread. You can understand why I would think what I do.

Quote :
What would Socrates do?

What did Socrates do when accused of something he was not?, or was he?

Who cares what Socrates would do?

Smile


Last edited by Mo on Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 8:38 pm



Bon apetit

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:14 pm

rabid lyssa was an inside joke between me and mo.
mo may wish to disclose it if he wishes to do so.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Lamb
avatar

Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:16 pm

I called you rabid and hysterical, Lyssa.

...Which you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Lyssa wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
All knowing satyr, the people reader, who weeks ago thought me a divorcee with an adopted kid...


And because you presented yourself as a coquette and insisted that YOU did not care what the other made of you as you are a dream-maker, and then you act as if the other had no scruples?

Amusing.



Quote :
Your arrogance in categorically describing people from a position of ignorance is a display of weakness.

Taking interest in knowing you would be him having no scruples about engaging with a married woman...  is it not...


I did not accuse anyone of no scruples dear. I called him an ankle biter for his constant engagement of baseless caricaturing of others with the purpose of demeaning them.
Speak to the words dear, not to the person, as the person is unknown.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Are "scruples" the same as a conscience?

I don't speak Phoneeee.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Lyssa wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
Just a though....
If satyr thins of mo a particular way, instead of another, that's his own business and his own problem.
Specially if mo doesn't give a shit about what satyr thinks, which might be the case.

Does satyr go everywhere correcting every misunderstanding people make regards him? Why should mo? Why should anyone?
I think satyr said in a chat that he washed his hands from whatever any idiot may say or do based on what he posts. Should mo not do the same?
Why is it so important that mo should care abouy satyr or you think, lyssa? Do tell.


And why is it so important for you to defend Mo, and intrude on my thinking of a certain situation, a certain way, when that's my business?

Perhaps you should have asked me that before concluding I was 'pathetic', and now you pretend to seek to know?? slimy.

And if I answer you, its because saying f--- off might be just too kind.


Who said Mo 'should' care about Satyr or me??  It is because he 'did' care enough to point out a contradiction present, I suggested "it" probably had something to do with x, y, z and perhaps may not really be a contradiction...

That's not asking someone to care about the other, but to assess their own statement, their own judgement.
That's what you do in a philosophy forum.

Since you always personalize things because you *care too much*, you will be unable to see that.

But why does it irk you if I should go everywhere trying to set straight every misunderstanding people make regards Satyr?

Because a hedonist like you can only see Satyr as a person...

He is more than that.

He is a profound symbol, and perhaps it is the symbol I defend here and what it stands for??

He stands for something that is noble, rare, and a path and vision that is worth not only preserving, but spreading everywhere, and one of which includes, "he has never misled anyone" -  itself being a type, an ideal, that is worth more than preserving, defending.

Mo and Satyr are not equal; Satyr is a phenomenon, symbol of something larger and that has exceeded his personal self.

And if you have a problem acknowledging that, or with my defending him, which I will wherever and whenever I can, and it annoys you so, you should stick to your own attitude and not give a shite.

I am spechless.
Laughing, but speechless.

Satyr, dear, do you still question you idol status? Do you see what I mean by idolatry?

Shall we make Satyr an institution now?
Oh, dear...

Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at somethibg said on the internet. I'm going to go take a breath, brb.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Satyr wrote:
Are "scruples" the same as a conscience?

I don't speak Phoneeee.

Leasy's word, dear, not mine. Ask her.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:33 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Are "scruples" the same as a conscience?

I don't speak Phoneeee.

Leasy's word, dear, not mine. Ask her.
I asked you, dear.
Are scruples the same as conscience?
I want to determine if you have accused some-one of not having any...as not being burdened by conscience.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:36 pm

I accused no one of either. I called you an ankle biter.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 9:38 pm

phoneutria wrote:
I accused no one of either. I called you an ankle biter.
No, sweetie, you can't scuttle away "laughing" this time.

I asked you if scruples means the same thing as conscience, to determine if you've accused some-one, not necessarily me, some-one of not having any burdening them.
Take it slow.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Since you ask so nicely...

You may think of scruples as conscience, as scruples means to take a measurement.. to measure one's actions.

Do keep in mind dear, that a clear conscience is not the same as no conscience .

Wink
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 10:04 pm

So, clear is not nil?
If I am clear of guilt I am not void of it?
I'm learning, I'm learning.

You are not burdened by your scruples, because you are clear of them, yet you have them?

Now you either are lucky enough to find pleasure in what does not conflict with your conscience, because it isn't burdened, or, like a true hedonist, you conveniently construct your scruples around your pleasures, which would be self-serving and easy.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 10:21 pm

I am lucky enough, sweet.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Sun May 25, 2014 10:24 pm

phoneutria wrote:
I am lucky enough, sweet.
How nice for you.
You slither away through the crack.
How fortunate you must be to find pleasure in what can never burden your conscience.

Is that another way of saying dull, 'cause I'm not good with words and all?

Don't let it burden you if I say that nothing you just said will in any way factor into me judgments of you.
You remain mystifying to me.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 am

Call me dull, dear. I was raised in the forest.
There, we kill, and we eat, and we care for our own.
We do not seek out others in order to overpower them, but we destroy those who attempt to overpower us.
We are animals. We exist as a part of a whole. We breathe the same air and we drink the same water as all other creatures, and that air and water become us. We consume their bodies, and their bodies become us.
Outside of that there is no law, no moral, no ropes tying me down. I care nothing for them, I spit on them.
So do pardon my dull existence, as you sit alone at home, feeling the weigh of everything that makes you feel small, and pouring all of that bile on here for us to read. I could not make myself feel it as you do... I am too light.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 471
Join date : 2012-04-30
Age : 42
Location : Exile

PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation Mon May 26, 2014 5:26 am

phoneutria wrote:
Outside of that there is no law, no moral, no ropes tying me down. I care nothing for them, I spit on them.

I wonder how that ties in with women's rights and that well paid programmers job you have?

Life is certainly tough in the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Surrender and Sexual Predation

Back to top Go down
 
Surrender and Sexual Predation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Surrender monument
» I SURRENDER ALL BY JAIME JORGE
» RN Shore Establishments
» Cloud Connected and anyone else Welcome to I Surrender thread :)
» Payment on credit law and predation 09/26/2012 5:23 am

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: