Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Inside joke..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Æon wrote:
There Will Be Blood wrote:
No, social and mental retard of the 10th degree. Within the context, stating that would be in contradiction of actually feeling it within the spirit of the being. I would just Love to get a glimpse of the surroundings through out your life, or mabey not, it's just depressing.


So basically Aeon just said he feels less aware of his surroundings, and that it does not matter. The opium is starting to loose effect, but the addiction still there. Higher doses, higher illusions in craving. You leave soon, just like Mo, it was so funny because he always came back for this one last post even though it made abosultly no difference to anyone other than him. It's like a part of the mind was lacking in conviction, dissonance had to be resolved else the totality would start to self-destruct.
TWBB I judge that you are a moron and waste of my time.

Create intellectual threads and responses if you ever wish to impress me.  I see you as a manimal.  You lack reasonability.  You don't belong on this forum.  Go participate in Erik's fist fighting, warrior, brawling threads.  That is more along your level.

You should participate, too; The warrior always gets the princess.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1913
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Erik,

Destroy the mind and the body follows.

The bishop (priest) sits closer to the king than the knight (warrior). There's a specific reason for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Æon wrote:
Erik,

Destroy the mind and the body follows.

The bishop (priest) sits closer to the king than the knight (warrior).  There's a specific reason for this.

But you are interested in acquiring a virile female, no?

They always go for the warrior, not the dorky priest.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1913
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Erik wrote:
But you are interested in acquiring a virile female, no?
No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Æon wrote:
Erik wrote:
But you are interested in acquiring a virile female, no?
No.

 What a Face fag
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm the new Echo, quite flattering, although I am significantly prettier and taller, all expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1913
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Just because I don't chase pussies, like a child, doesn't mean I don't want to fuck them.

The goal is to get pussies to chase dick. Some of you boys are too young to understand this lesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Think about what he just said. Romantic pedophile through and through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Æon wrote:
Just because I don't chase pussies, like a child, doesn't mean I don't want to fuck them.

The goal is to get pussies to chase dick.  Some of you boys are too young to understand this lesson.

You do chase pussay, Aeon. You do it here all the time, but indirectly - using feminine tactics, e.g., reverse psychology, feigning that you abhor Lyssa and Phon when, in reality, you desire them.

I remember some girl did this to me before. She was a colossal bitch to me for no apparent reason every time I saw her. One day she came up to me and asked me why I didn't like her. I said because you are mean to me. She replied, " That's my way of showing that I like you ".
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1913
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:21 pm

I only like Echo, but, will not pursue her or take risks for her. I don't know what Lyssa, Phonee, or allemotion look like. And I don't care. I don't want to bother myself with stupid pieces of shit and mental feces.

I only want to surround myself with powerful thinkers, minds, and brains. I don't care whether a powerful brain is male or female, white or black. Over the previous years, I pursued Echo. Now that chapter has ended. I don't really care what is ahead of me. I expect nothing, now.

If you boys only knew how truly rare intelligence is.........and to what lengths retards will go to emulate intelligence, attempt to copy it, even though they cannot. A lower intelligence can only copy and mimic higher intelligence, without actually deconstructing its core, essence, identity, and integrity.

Thoughts, ideas, inspiration, only travel downward, not upward. That is how hierarchy is created and maintained, through the mind.

Self knowing, self consciousness, self understanding are all prerequisites for intelligence.

Intelligence is a form of power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Æon wrote:
I only like Echo, but, will not pursue her or take risks for her.  I don't know what Lyssa, Phonee, or allemotion look like.  And I don't care.  I don't want to bother myself with stupid pieces of shit and mental feces.

I only want to surround myself with powerful thinkers, minds, and brains.  I don't care whether a powerful brain is male or female, white or black.  Over the previous years, I pursued Echo.  Now that chapter has ended.  I don't really care what is ahead of me.  I expect nothing, now.

If you boys only knew how truly rare intelligence is.........and to what lengths retards will go to emulate intelligence, attempt to copy it, even though they cannot.  A lower intelligence can only copy and mimic higher intelligence, without actually deconstructing its core, essence, identity, and integrity.

Thoughts, ideas, inspiration, only travel downward, not upward.  That is how hierarchy is created and maintained, through the mind.

Self knowing, self consciousness, self understanding are all prerequisites for intelligence.

Intelligence is a form of power.

Why do you even bother here then? Apart from Satyr and a few others, most here are mediocre minds, including myself. I'm no genius, nor even of an intelligence that would cause people to ponder. I enjoy learning interesting and novel things, but I don't delude myself into thinking that I will become some quasi-divine mind one day if I keep reading intellectual books, or anything of that nature.

With all due respect, most of your posts here are inanities directed at Lyssa, Reasonvemotion, and Phon. Where are your great works? Would not truly powerful minds find all that sort of behavior infantile and ridiculous?
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 1913
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:43 pm

I have several years worth of philosophy posts behind me. Those that know me, know my history well enough.

I am not in the business of impressing others to become popular. If a young petite blonde graces this forum with her presence then things will change in this regard. Until then, I will become laconic and hidden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 pm

stargazer wrote:
Satyr wrote:
A pamphlet I found on the way to my daily stroll in the park.

My favorite parts:

Quote :
Suspect A definition solely in terms of consequences might seem too broad, because it includes absurd theories such as the theory that an act is morally right if it increases the number of goats in Texas. Of course, such theories are implausible. Still, it is not implausible to call them consequentialist, since they do look only at consequences. The implausibility of one version of consequentialism does not make consequentialism implausible in general, since other versions of consequentialism still might be plausible.

Quote :
Suspect Preference utilitarianism is often criticized on the grounds that some preferences are misinformed, crazy, horrendous, or trivial. I might prefer to drink the liquid in a glass because I think that it is beer, though it really is strong acid. Or I might prefer to die merely because I am clinically depressed. Or I might prefer to torture children.

Quote :
Suspect Many consequentialists deny that all values can be reduced to any single ground, such as pleasure or desire satisfaction, so they instead adopt a pluralistic theory of value.

Quote :
Suspect Other consequentialists add the intrinsic values of friendship or love, freedom or ability, life, virtue, and so on.

Quote :
:suspect:some consequentialists hold that an act is right if and only if it maximizes some function of both happiness and capabilities

Quote :
:suspect:Or one could hold that an act is right if it maximizes respect for (or minimizes violations of) certain specified moral rights. Such theories are sometimes described as a utilitarianism of rights.

Quote :
Suspect consequentialists even hold that certain values are incommensurable or incomparable in that no comparison of their values is possible

Quote :
Suspect some consequentialists foreswear the aggregation of values.

Quote :
:suspect:Other consequentialists, however, incorporate a more robust commitment to equality.

Quote :
Suspect most consequentialists claim that overall utility is the criterion or standard of what is morally right or morally ought to be done.

Quote :
Suspect an indirect consequentialist holds that the moral qualities of something depend on the consequences of something else.

Quote :
:suspect:acceptance rule consequentialists then claim that an act is morally wrong if and only if it violates a rule whose acceptance has better consequences than the acceptance of any incompatible rule.

Quote :
:suspect:If the principle of utility is used as a criterion of the right rather than as a decision procedure, then classical utilitarianism does not require that anyone know the total consequences of anything before making a decision.

Quote :
scratchmost consequentialists do not mind giving up consequentialism as a direct decision procedure as long as consequences remain the criterion of rightness.

Quote :
Suspectthe important point is that consequentialism and the other elements of classical utilitarianism are compatible with many different theories about which things are good or valuable.

Quote :
:suspect:If utilitarians want their theory to allow more moral knowledge, they can make a different kind of move by turning from actual consequences to expected or expectable consequences. Suppose that Alice finds a runaway teenager who asks for money to get home. Alice wants to help and reasonably believes that buying a bus ticket home for this runaway will help, so she buys a bus ticket and puts the runaway on the bus. Unfortunately, the bus is involved in a freak accident, and the runaway is killed. If actual consequences are what determine moral wrongness, then it was morally wrong for Alice to buy the bus ticket for this runaway.

Quote :
:suspect:Some utilitarians bite the bullet and say that Alice's act was morally wrong, but it was blameless wrongdoing, because her motives were good, and she was not responsible, given that she could not have foreseen that her act would cause harm. Since this theory makes actual consequences determine moral rightness, it can be called actual consequentialism.

Quote :
:suspect:Moderate deontologists, for example, often judge that it is morally wrong to kill one person to save five but not morally wrong to kill one person to save a million. They never specify the line between what is morally wrong and what is not morally wrong, and it is hard to imagine any non-arbitrary way for deontologists to justify a cutoff point.

Quote :
:suspect:Another problem for utilitarianism is that it seems to overlook justice and rights. One common illustration is called Transplant. Imagine that each of five patients in a hospital will die without an organ transplant. The patient in Room 1 needs a heart, the patient in Room 2 needs a liver, the patient in Room 3 needs a kidney, and so on. The person in Room 6 is in the hospital for routine tests. Luckily (for them, not for him!), his tissue is compatible with the other five patients, and a specialist is available to transplant his organs into the other five. This operation would save their lives, while killing the “donor”. There is no other way to save any of the other five patients.with the right details filled in, it looks as if cutting up the “donor” will maximize utility, since five lives have more utility than one life (assuming that the five lives do not contribute too much to overpopulation).

Quote :
:suspect:Most utilitarians lack such strong stomachs (or teeth), so they modify utilitarianism to bring it in line with common moral intuitions, including the intuition that doctors should not cut up innocent patients.

Quote :
:suspect:Yet another argument for a kind of consequentialism is contractarian. argues that all informed, rational people whose impartiality is ensured because they do not know their place in society would favor a kind of consequentialism.

Quote :
ArrowEven if none of these arguments proves consequentialism, there still might be no adequate reason to deny consequentialism. We might have no reason either to deny consequentialism or to assert it. Consequentialism could then remain a live option even if it is not proven.

Relativism's Rationalism....circuitous logic spewing out circular rationales to attain mental neutrality. Liberalism turning reason on its head. An Alice in Wonderland absurdity of logic.

Here is my favorite part:

Satyr wrote:
My conscience is only burdened by consequences, not morals.

Satyr wrote:
I live lightly to not have my enjoyment be interfered with...by manimals. 
If I was not burdened by consequences then they would.

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/t1445p40-surrender-and-sexual-predation
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:01 am

You won, already!!!!

Pleasure IS an end.

Sheeeesh.

I'm a new man...child.
I live for the pleasure....and all is pleasing.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:03 am

Lyssa, will you please stroke this man's head for a moment?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:05 am

A man can't have an epiphany anymore?
What's this world coming to?

I realized, near the end of my life, I might add, that all is cool.
What's there to complain about?

I was only a victim.
Doesn't feeling sorry for me feel good?
Use it.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:14 am

Some people loooove to relive their victory over, and over, and over again.
Like Germany and her seven goals.

Three were enough!!!
They got it!!
They lost.

Have a beer, for Christ's sake.
Savor the moment.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:26 am

I've made exactly one post regarding "victory", dear.

Now I must say that it is time for you to stop reliving your defeat.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 am

Really?
'Cause the above post looked like a salt shaker over my wounds.

My bad.
Carry on.

Off to your next one.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:45 am

I am not making you drag yourself all over the floor, you are doing that to yourself.
Now if I see a man dragging himself, am I boasting over him when I call someone for help?

What exactly is this that you are doing, anyway? Do you want my foot on your chest? Dear, no need to ask twice.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:47 am

And I am feeling pleasure doing so.

If being blind is also good, then why is not being humbled by a brighter mind, not so?

I want you to treat me like a dog, and I want everyone to see me being beaten.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:57 am

You were not humbled by me, you were humbled by lyssa.
Now we leave it up to her to do the mending.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:58 am

She was always my better.
Did I not say so?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:24 am

Quote :
"The ritual of the squill, like that of the pharmakos, seeks to drive away a threat to the whole community; an individual is chosen and the impurities of the community are attributed or transferred to him; the pharmakos is thus an ambiguous figure, simultaneously impure and exceptionally sacred. In the Arcadian ritual, Pan has the same paradoxical status: the god is struck and insulted, and is at the same time a powerful source of fertility.

As the pharmakos is a human monster, so also Pan is a monster among the gods. The pharmakos described by Hipponax is struck with squill upon his private parts, and thus becomes a source of benevolent power. Pan is also struck with squill. The effect of this plan is pur­gative (which is to say, for the Greeks, cathartic). It was used in various rituals of purification. We have plenty of evidence that it was used to drive away impurity. Evidendy the ritual of violence against the god was intended to make him resume some activity he had interrupted; everything happens as if Pan had ceased to act, so that the blows falling upon his motionless statue were to recall him to motion and action.
The contrast be­tween animal sterility and fecundity is transformed into the contrast between Pan's action and inaction through an "overdetermination" dic­tated by a second contrast: that between the pure and the impure. The ritual of the squill, by stimulating Pan to act on behalf of fertility, in a certain sense "purifies" the god.

But Pan is not to be equated with the pharmakos. The dis­tinction between god and man makes such an equation impossible. To human impurity corresponds divine inactivity; Pan is not impure, he is absent. However, this absence of his is complained of as a cause of mis­fortune. Thus inactivity turns out to be something active; when he in­terrupts his benevolent action, the god turns himself into a source of animal sterility. That is why he is insulted.

Pan is equivalent to "everything".

We can understand the flogging of Pan's statue in Arcadia only in terms of the fertilizing power of this god; on this power depends the future of the human community..." [Bourgead, Cult of Pan]



Mired in a culture of victimhood, and hypertrophied egos, the slightest sign of not standing up for yourself is instantly relegated to a complex of surrender, sexual submission, shame, victimhood, humiliation, emasculation, effeteness, defeat, etc.

The mark of a slave is in the sign of its weak will - its passivity that from exhaustion cannot resist stimuli, reacts to everything and in the easiest conclusion it can afford by its innate hedonism.
The conclusion that comforts and is validated by the predominant environment it is mired in, and enslaved by, is the one that it comes to first.

When a hypocritical bipolar lunatic and rejected female is imbued with her jewish victim complex and her J.-Xt. sermonizing moralisms, sexual submission in the other is the first sign that she will inevitably see because that is what she identifies with, is obsessed with, longs for in herself, and exposes herself instantly.

When an insecure self-hating weary female claims the ideal female is one who is essentially a male and a competitor to a man to correct his flaws, effeteness and the condescending violence of emasculation and placing feet on his chest is the first thing she will inevitably see because the absence of her own feminity is threatened at the slightest sign of its appearance in the other, and repulses her - as she has none of her own. Proving her intelligence becomes a question of her security, and mired in the slavishness of victimhood, the outsider, the immigrant, "protest", "justice", the first sign of any leeway [made in recognition of the protestor's victim-logic] will be hungrily grabbed and clung to as a victory, as that kind of security of the image, is what she longs for in herself.


Everything turns to a game and image of hypertrophic egos.

Eyes-on-me-always-victims.


Is Satyr a loser? How very Pan-sy??

Was he humbled and shamed?

Did he Parody and touch the precise nerve and pressure points, and have them expose themselves?

Didn't Hannibal get the mongrel Verger to cut his own face and expose himself for the animal he was?

Isn't Satyr a playful pharmakon?

Doesn't he change his own environment and bring fertility to it when it goes dead... his activity causes stir, commotion, confusion, clamour, noise,,,,,, all the signs that Life IS?

Doesn't he send Pan-ic into the frail weaklings who feel threatened at the slightest sign of his de-Form-ity, his stepping out of Form? Isn't his ex-stasis too much for them?  They shake giddily and wobble like sweet translucent jellos...


Who is victim? Who is blind?

Who is flogged and who is going to pieces over him?

Who is God, and who goes green?

Who is Bull, and who the bullShite with their ignorance?


The lord of the sacred theater wears many masks...

And of Dionysos the Liberator, who set free true-form and crushed all false individualities, it was said,

"Dance Dionysus
Giver of all good things!"


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Quote :
"God of the many names...
Seen in the glaring flame, high on the double mount,
with the nymphs of Parnassus at play on the hill,
seen by Kastalia's flowing stream.
You come from the ivied heights,
from green Euboea's shore.
In immortal words we cry
your name, lord, who watch the ways,
the many ways of Thebes.

This is your city, honored beyond the rest,
the town of your mother's miracle-death.
Now, as we wrestle our grim disease,
come with healing step from Parnassus' slope
or over the moaning sea.

Leader in the dance of the fire-pulsing stars
overseer of the voices of night,
child of Zeus, be manifest,
with due companionship of Maenad maids
whose cry is but your name.


The nightingale haunts the glades,
the wine-dark ivy,
dense and dark the untrodden,
sacred wood of god rich with laurel and olives never touched by the sun,
untouched by storms that blast from every quarter -
where the reveler Dionysos strides the earth forever,
where the wild nymphs are dancing round him,

Come, Lord Dionysos,
to the sacred temple of Elis' people
accompanied by the Graces,
to the temple
storming on your bovine foot,
worthy bull,
worthy bull. (Anonymous)

Dionysos, Lord of Dance, Loosener of All Bonds, the Great Liberator..."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*


Last edited by Lyssa on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 am


How humbled was Hannibal on Verger's hooks, dangling feet away from his hungry swine; he, this "monster", surrendering to fate.

Verger found pleasure in a child's tears...hoping it'll give him eternal life.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 am

The righteous way to conducting reason and seeking absolute truth in the sciences.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

Truth and righteousness?  Yes, tell me what all of that means in this world again.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:24 am

Yes...once more you really get it.
You cut through the bullshit and find the weakness...pulling it all down.
So difficult to destroy, rather than to build.

And, of course, what the above signifies is something about absolute "truth" and "righteousness"....just as I am proposing order, as an absolute end to chaos....and, as a consequence, the end of time.
How you see right through me.

Your continuous interventions in these threads are so very productive.  

Thank you for reminding me of my lowered status, by beating me like a dead horse.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:39 am

I think I got it. This is why Laughing Man hates authority so much and is so paranoid.






Racist Fuck. Relaaaaaax maaaaaaaaan, become a uncle Tom. When will you finally learn that you cannot stop the inevitable.




This is catchy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 am

He's a guy who takes credit for death, as if he was a mass murderer.

Every time the inevitability of death strikes true, he feels victorious.

Then there's the opposite camp...
They feel in the resistance to death, a universal truth, which transcends the obvious.
Every moment they stay alive, it is a blow against mortality.


_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:54 am

Satyr wrote:
Yes...once more you really get it.
You cut through the bullshit and find the weakness...pulling it all down.
So difficult to destroy, rather than to build.

And, of course, what the above signifies is something about absolute "truth" and "righteousness"....just as I am proposing order, as an absolute end to chaos....and, as a consequence, the end of time.
How you see right through me.

Your continuous interventions in these threats are so very productive.  

Thank you for reminding me of my lowered status, by beating me like a dead horse.

You're very much welcome sir. *Tips his hat*

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:28 pm

LaughingMan wrote:
The righteous way to conducting reason and seeking absolute truth in the sciences.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.


It was Mo's requested title for the thread in place of my suggested "Just Because" - which is short for hedonism, the main topic of this thread.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Hedonism:

Nietzsche wrote:
"The instinctive hatred of reality: consequence of an extreme capacity for suffering and stimulation, which can no longer stand being touched, because it feels every contact too deeply.

The instinctive exclusion of all antipathy, all enmity, all boundaries and distances regarding feeling: consequence of an extreme capacity for suffering and stimulation which experiences all resistance, even all necessary resistance as unendurable (that is, as baneful, as something against which the instinct to self-preservation warns us); and which acknowledges as blessed (pleasurable) only lack of resistance to anybody, to evil or to evil ones - love as the only, as the last possible way of life ...

These are the two physiological realities on which, out of which, the doctrine of redemption grew. I call this a sublime late-growth of hedonism out of thoroughly morbid ground. Cheek by jowl, although with a generous allowance of Greek vitality and nervous energy, is Epicureanism, the pagan doctrine of redemption. Epicurus a typical décadent: first recognized as such by me. —

The fear of pain, even of the infinitely smallest pain—this can end in no other way than as a religion of love ..." [AC, 31]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Hedonism:

Nietzsche wrote:
"The instinctive hatred of reality: consequence of an extreme capacity for suffering and stimulation, which can no longer stand being touched, because it feels every contact too deeply.

The instinctive exclusion of all antipathy, all enmity, all boundaries and distances regarding feeling: consequence of an extreme capacity for suffering and stimulation which experiences all resistance, even all necessary resistance as unendurable (that is, as baneful, as something against which the instinct to self-preservation warns us); and which acknowledges as blessed (pleasurable) only lack of resistance to anybody, to evil or to evil ones - love as the only, as the last possible way of life ...

These are the two physiological realities on which, out of which, the doctrine of redemption grew. I call this a sublime late-growth of hedonism out of thoroughly morbid ground. Cheek by jowl, although with a generous allowance of Greek vitality and nervous energy, is Epicureanism, the pagan doctrine of redemption. Epicurus a typical décadent: first recognized as such by me. —

The fear of pain, even of the infinitely smallest pain—this can end in no other way than as a religion of love ..." [AC, 31]



Nietzsche wrote:
"There are two types of sufferers: first, those who suffer from a superabundance of life - they want a Dionysian art as well as a tragic outlook and insight into life; then, those who suffer from an impoverishment of life and seek quiet, stillness, calm seas, redemption from themselves through art and insight, or else intoxication, paroxysm, numbness, madness.
All romanticism in art and in knowledge fits the dual needs of the latter type, as did (and do) Schopenhauer and Richard Wagner, to name the most famous and prominent romantics that I misunderstood at the time - not, incidentally, to their disadvantage, one might in all fairness concede.

He who is richest in fullness of life, the Dionysian god and man, can allow himself not only the sight of what is terrible and questionable but also the terrible deed and every luxury of destruction, decomposition, negation; in his case, what is evil, nonsensical, and ugly almost seems acceptable because of an overflow in procreating, fertilizing forces capable of turning any desert into bountiful farmland. Conversely, he who suffers most and is poorest in life would need mainly mildness, peacefulness, goodness in thought and in deed - if possible, also a god who truly would be a god for the sick, a 'saviour'; as well as logic, the conceptual comprehensibility of existence - for logic soothes, gives confidence - in short, a certain warm, fearrepelling narrowness and confinement to optimistic horizons.

Thus I gradually came to understand Epicurus, the antithesis of a Dionysian pessimist, and equally the 'Christian' , who really is simply a kind of Epicurean and, like him, essentially a romantic; and my vision grew keener for that most difficult and insidious form of backward inference with which the most mistakes are made - the inference from the work to the maker, from the ideal to the one who needs it, from every manner of valuation to the commanding need behind it. Nowadays I avail myself of this primary distinction concerning all aesthetic values: in every case I ask, 'Is it hunger or superabundance that have become creative here?'" [JW, 370]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Mo
Lamb
avatar

Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:28 am

Lyssa wrote:
It was Mo's requested title for the thread in place of my suggested "Just Because" - which is short for hedonism, the main topic of this thread.

Are you serious?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 am

About?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:48 am

I suspect he is perplexed about your affirmation just because =hedonism.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 15375
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:35 am

Just because is versatile.
It can mean anything.
It usually means "Because I SAY so!!"

Another way to achieve the same effect is by suing words that point towards something, but say nothing...as in "It's spontaneous", as in:

"Why did you kill that spider?"
"Just because....something spontaneous took over."

Then, if someone tries to find what this shit means, you can deny everything as in:
'That's not what I said"
or
"Look up spontaneous, or because."

If the other offers an explanation you did not think about say:
"Yes, THAT's what I meant by spontaneous"
or
"Yes, THAT's what I meant by just because"

The dictionary is supposedly an insight into what the mind is thinking when it uses a vague term.

It's how a moron uses few words to fabricate the myth of its own intelligence.
like when females claim a mysteriousness to explain why they are airheads, constantly changing their minds and falling in and out of lust.
They are perplexed by their own behavior and because the common myth is that the individual always knows himself more than an other, the idea that she is something mystical becomes part of her public persona.
Of course, females, or anyone trying desperately to appear complex and mysterious, and deep, is really shallow, simple, and usually not more than average in intelligence.

A basic rule, and you can see it in thinkers in all fields:
Complex minds simplify; simple mind complicate.




_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Divergense



Gender : Male Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : Stasis

PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I may be putting words in Mo's mouth, but I'm pretty sure he's saying something like - I value X "just because", as if to say - X has inherent, intrinsic value for me, it's not a means to an end, but an end in and of itself, and that the only things that have actual value, are things that we value for their own sake, and not for the sake of something else, he's not saying - there are no Darwinian explanations for why I inherently, intrinsically value X as an end and not as a means.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Satyr won't allow such silly things as coherence and a clear explanation get in the way of his strawman bashing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences

Back to top Go down
 
Hedonism or This and that: Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting your Reason and Seeking Truth in the Sciences
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Deputy for Kurdistan: political discourse should be consolidated in response to the defense of the demands and rights of the people of Kurdistan On: Friday 06/04/2012 19:08
» Discourse Markers / Connectors
» Crossing the Miqat without putting on Ihram
» Acronyms
» failure of bidding

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: