Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ego Death - Epiphanies.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Anfang wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
Yes, I saw the Ted comments. No idea who he was before you guys mentioned him. Pretty sure you and Teddy both are misunderstanding my position.

Better not to inquire about that position as to not ruin the magic.

Anfang, I looked up this...guy....Teddy. I've, actually, heard of him before, but via the name " Unabomber". He is trash, omega scum-bag, a serial killer. The lowest of the low. Why should I take anything he says seriously? And he critiqued Leftism - I'm NOT a leftist. His opinions, to me, are in the same ball park as that moron Charles Manson.


Last edited by Primal Rage on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14413
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Ah, Kaczynski...they called you crazy.


The power sense is derived from pursuing the object/objective.
It is the sensation of resistance, entropy, upon your organization, your ordering (Becoming).
The sensation is exhilarating when your energies suffice, but when they wane, as in old age or when ill, the sensation is one of increasing stress, discomfort, suffering.

Like with animals.
They only know that it feels good to eat, to drink, to fuck.
Why it feels good, they have no clue about.
The animal is conscious but not self-conscious.

It needs hydration, it begins to feel pressure, stress, suffering....it satisfies this need and feels a sense of sudden decrease in need, which men call pleasure.
It needs nutrition...its body's energies are depleting, because it is constantly struggling to remain intact within the Flux; it begins to feed on itself.
It needs energies....it feels stress, suffering...need is the sensation of entropy requiring constant agon, and agon, struggle, requires constant effort - activity, energy.
It feeds....assimilating an other's order, feeling the relief, the decrease of need to below conscious levels as pleasure, as relief....another stress takes over, because the brain evolved as a tool for satisfying needs, for dealing with temporal friction, with change, as we call it.

The addict focuses on the object/objective of the fix.
Why his body needs it does not matter.
He NEEDS it, it feels good when he gets it - the stress is decreased....his brain numbed.
He detaches from the world consciously, because in every other way he remains attached.

That's all that matters to him.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1985
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Primal,
It's unabomber.
And what he wrote about surrogate activities applies to all people living in our artificial times which produce great excess.
Lyssa was kind enough to look up and quote the respective passages for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
Yes, I saw the Ted comments. No idea who he was before you guys mentioned him. Pretty sure you and Teddy both are misunderstanding my position.

Better not to inquire about that position as to not ruin the magic.

Anfang, I looked up this...guy....Teddy. I've, actually, heard of him before, but via the name " Unabomber". He is trash, omega scum-bag, a serial killer. The lowest of the low. Why should I take anything he says seriously? And he critiqued Leftism - I'm NOT a leftist. His opinions, to me, are in the same ball park as that moron Charles Manson.


Then you have such a narrow and rigid view of leftism.

Any psychology that favours the protection and preservation of an alien because it weak is a starting degree of leftism.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Satyr claimed in the chat there he never saw me.

I guess every hearsay is a Truism. But who knows?? Maybe he really hasn't as a fact...

What I will point out in this thread about Primal, is what I pointed out initially in the first chat - he has ADD.

Rather than concentrate on the substance of any post, topic, his mind wanders off in personal obssession...

Speaking of extremes, I find it ironic that behind the curtain you are extremely sweet and kind to me. But when the curtain opens, you turn into a vicious little puppy. It's just a show to you, is it not? Entertaining the crowd, shaming me before all so that all may see. You, probably, don't even realize how infantile you are acting until you log off and have time to reflect deeply, but by then, it's too late...too late...

Don't worry; I forgive you ahead of time - youthful errors.
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Stages within power processes. When stuck you become extremely good and/or obsessed at something, but miserable. You then you don't like yourself, instead admire yourself. Change implifies a possible loss of uniqueness, the loss of which is the very notion of death. 

Mabey if Kaczynski had a near death experience he would of progressed. I'm just unsure as to what would of been better. You know?


All men must die, most want a graceful end. See the way I view it nothing could be better than an entertaining one. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
Satyr claimed in the chat there he never saw me.

I guess every hearsay is a Truism. But who knows?? Maybe he really hasn't as a fact...

What I will point out in this thread about Primal, is what I pointed out initially in the first chat - he has ADD.

Rather than concentrate on the substance of any post, topic, his mind wanders off in personal obssession...

Speaking of extremes, I find it ironic that behind the curtain you are extremely sweet and kind to me.

One size fits all?

When a guy recovers from an operation, I say what is pertinent to that context.

When a guy tries to force his way and cross his limit with me and doesn't know his place, I say what is pertinent to that context.

Quote :
Entertaining the crowd,

I entertain myself. Always.
If others delight with me, that's their.

Quote :
shaming me before all so that all may see.

The one bringing emotions in to this post yet again now is You. You have an OM symbol in your signature in a contextual thread dealing with benevolence and love and altriusm and ego-death, and I speak of the "matter", the "content".... and what do you do?

You try to insert your vengeance and bitterness out of no reason getting into matters of my location...

Your attention wandered. This is a FACT.

If you feel ashamed, that is for your sensation, not my intention.

Quote :
You, probably, don't even realize how infantile you are acting until you log off and have time to reflect deeply, but by then, it's too late...too late...

Don't worry; I forgive you ahead of time - youthful errors.

OM is all about deep peace.

Say Shanti Shanti Shantiiiiii OM. And you'll feel the sensation of natural overflowingness.

Infantile, is when you pay me a compliment with the expectation I might do the same, and when I dont flatter back, because the facts of your thread are such, you feel vengeful like a disappointed child.

Take care. Get well soon.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*


Last edited by Lyssa on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Kvasir

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 783
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
Yes, I saw the Ted comments. No idea who he was before you guys mentioned him. Pretty sure you and Teddy both are misunderstanding my position.

Better not to inquire about that position as to not ruin the magic.

Anfang, I looked up this...guy....Teddy. I've, actually, heard of him before, but via the name " Unabomber". He is trash, omega scum-bag, a serial killer. The lowest of the low. Why should I take anything he says seriously? And he critiqued Leftism - I'm NOT a leftist. His opinions, to me, are in the same ball park as that moron Charles Manson.

You have the temperament of exactly the self-debasing psychology he described. He also accurately observed how leftists, like you, engage in social activism as a superficial validation of their own inferiority and worthlessness.

The externalization of worth by immersing themselves in some niche that offers an affirming goal, such as civil rights, animals rights, gender equality...nurturing of orphaned children.

Simple-minded people are the first to jump to conclusions without any exploration for how that conclusion came about. You display the automatic conditioned defensiveness of the common modern sheltered sheep. This is why anarchists are such nimrods. They enjoy the "idea" of militancy and the glory of it, but not the actual reality.

Because when it get's down to the nitty gritty, when it comes time to place a gun to someones head and pull the trigger, when it comes time to live up to their ideals, they shrivel up into that fear that was lying beneath the comfort of untested self-superiority.


Last edited by stargazer on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:16 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Stages within power processes. When stuck you become extremely good and/or obsessed at something, but miserable. You then you don't like yourself, instead admire yourself. Change implifies a possible loss of uniqueness, the loss of which is the very notion of death. 

Mabey if Kaczynski had a near death experience he would of progressed. I'm just unsure as to what would of been better. You know?


All men must die, most want a graceful end. See the way I view it nothing could be better than an entertaining one. 

Don't tell me that you admire the bastard too....
I find it very concerning that people of supposed nobility and classiness would not immediately be weary of a man who went around making bombs to murder people. All this talk of modern degeneracy yet how they admire a degenerate...ironic, no? Disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:29 pm

stargazer wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
Yes, I saw the Ted comments. No idea who he was before you guys mentioned him. Pretty sure you and Teddy both are misunderstanding my position.

Better not to inquire about that position as to not ruin the magic.

Anfang, I looked up this...guy....Teddy. I've, actually, heard of him before, but via the name " Unabomber". He is trash, omega scum-bag, a serial killer. The lowest of the low. Why should I take anything he says seriously? And he critiqued Leftism - I'm NOT a leftist. His opinions, to me, are in the same ball park as that moron Charles Manson.

You have the temperament of exactly the self-debasing psychology he described. He also accurately observed how leftists, like you, engage in social activism as a superficial validation of their own inferiority and worthlessness.

The externalization of worth by immersing themselves in some niche that offers an affirming goal, such as civil rights, animals rights, gender equality...nurturing of orphaned children.

Simple-minded people are the first to jump to conclusions without any exploration for how that conclusion came about. You display the automatic conditioned defensiveness of the common modern sheltered sheep. This is why anarchists are such nimrods. They enjoy the "idea" of militancy and the glory of it, but not the actual reality.

Oh, yes, go on! Continue to accuse me of being a Leftist even when I openly deny it. I must automatically be a Leftist because I want to help some unfortunate souls out. Oh, yes! And a weasel must, automatically, be a professional hockey player because it moved a hockey puck. Brilliant F-- logic, no?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Ted Kaczunski was cool dude, if his brother hadn't exposed him, he probably could have had some cultural change on the enviromentalist movemen away from liberalism.

Anyway Primal Rage, I hope to childishly shame you away from humanism by calling you a chicken.  Twisted Evil Razz
Back to top Go down
Kvasir

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 783
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Primal Rage wrote:


Oh, yes, go on! Continue to accuse me of being a Leftist even when I openly deny it. I must automatically be a Leftist because I want to help some unfortunate souls out. Oh, yes! And a weasel must, automatically, be a professional hockey player because it moved a hockey puck. Brilliant F-- logic, no?

Life is cruel.

Elliot Rodger knew this. He couldn't handle it. Can you?

Some advice, because you seem to be cracking up and all your heartfelt sentiments and facades seem to be dissolving away.

Try some solitude. Learn something. Something tangible.

Here's a start: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Vrilseeker wrote:
Ted Kaczunski was cool dude, if his brother hadn't exposed him, he probably could have had some cultural change on the enviromentalist movemen away from liberalism.

Anyway Primal Rage, I hope to childishly shame you away from humanism by calling you a chicken.  Twisted Evil Razz

I'm not a humanist - I have some humanitarian desires, but that's about it.
Or maybe I should just say to myself, " Fuck those goddamn little orphaned bastards - let them rot and suffer in silence. I'm going to go and do something better like blow up some random federal agents. Yeah, that's noble  Very Happy ".
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm

stargazer wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:


Oh, yes, go on! Continue to accuse me of being a Leftist even when I openly deny it. I must automatically be a Leftist because I want to help some unfortunate souls out. Oh, yes! And a weasel must, automatically, be a professional hockey player because it moved a hockey puck. Brilliant F-- logic, no?

Life is cruel.

Elliot Rodger knew this. He couldn't handle it. Can you?

Some advice, because you seem to be cracking up and all your heartfelt sentiments and facades seem to be dissolving away.

Try some solitude. Learn something. Something tangible.

Here's a start: Nietzsche's Solitude




Elliot was a feeble-minded, spoiled, delusional boy.

I'm not cracking up. I'm just getting tired of people accusing me of things I am not. And your statements just prove that you have no clue what you are talking about. I extend my kindness to those who merit it. I never said I was going to become some push-over to a bunch of miserable neocons who neurotically imagine me to be some bleeding heart liberal.

Some advice: Don't jump to conclusions right away; you end up by making an ass of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 783
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Dude, you're too simple-minded to pick up on any patterns of what is actually going on in this sophomoric thread of yours. And you're just boring me.

Maybe i'll see ya around sometime, or on the news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 pm

stargazer wrote:
Dude, you're too simple-minded to pick up on any patterns of what is actually going on in this sophomoric thread of yours. And you're just boring me.

Maybe i'll see ya around sometime, or on the news.

Ah, yes. Boring because you posted numerous times on this thread. You and many others have been trying so hard to turn this into a heated altercation, trying to get a rise out of me.

Maybe you will see me on the news like your buddy Teddy the " Unabomber". Who knows, we will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Just trying to figure things out, and mabey help along the way baby. In heinsight some of my long past former comments probably seem more plausable to you now then at first. No?  

In which case: 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Just trying to figure things out, and mabey help along the way baby. In heinsight some of my long past former comments probably seem more plausable to you now then at first. No?  

In which case: 


Yeah, they do seem more plausible now. I guess you were right about many things. I'm evolving, baby.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 936
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:34 am

Primal Rage wrote:
Don't tell me that you admire the bastard too....
I find it very concerning that people of supposed nobility and classiness would not immediately be weary of a man who went around making bombs to murder people. All this talk of modern degeneracy yet how they admire a degenerate...ironic, no? Disturbing.  

Quote :

Anfang, I looked up this...guy....Teddy. I've, actually, heard of him before, but via the name " Unabomber". He is trash, omega scum-bag, a serial killer. The lowest of the low. Why should I take anything he says seriously? And he critiqued Leftism - I'm NOT a leftist. His opinions, to me, are in the same ball park as that moron Charles Manson.

There's a tendency to echo the popular sentiment whenever certain key names are mentioned.  A way of not feeling "too out there" no matter how "controversial" a person thinks they are.  It's almost a safety net in a way.  You can always fall back on the collective moral cushion... e.g., a person can feel OK talking about Nietzsche and any controversy this creates with the establishment, but if he dares to seriously entertain someone like Hitler, he suddenly finds himself in a very lonely position. People also have this shameless, effeminate way of having to "qualify" everything they say that could be considered controversial.  Like the way some people have to make sure we don't misinterpret Nietzsche as an anti-semite or a misogynist.  This could just be a political move but it's still a less than desirable way of speaking.


How "low" is Hitler, Primal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:50 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
Don't tell me that you admire the bastard too....
I find it very concerning that people of supposed nobility and classiness would not immediately be weary of a man who went around making bombs to murder people. All this talk of modern degeneracy yet how they admire a degenerate...ironic, no? Disturbing.  

Quote :

Anfang, I looked up this...guy....Teddy. I've, actually, heard of him before, but via the name " Unabomber". He is trash, omega scum-bag, a serial killer. The lowest of the low. Why should I take anything he says seriously? And he critiqued Leftism - I'm NOT a leftist. His opinions, to me, are in the same ball park as that moron Charles Manson.

There's a tendency to echo the popular sentiment whenever certain key names are mentioned.  A way of not feeling "too out there" no matter how "controversial" a person thinks they are.  It's almost a safety net in a way.  You can always fall back on the collective moral cushion... e.g., a person can feel OK talking about Nietzsche and any controversy this creates with the establishment, but if he dares to seriously entertain someone like Hitler, he suddenly finds himself in a very lonely position. People also have this shameless, effeminate way of having to "qualify" everything they say that could be considered controversial.  Like the way some people have to make sure we don't misinterpret Nietzsche as an anti-semite or a misogynist.  This could just be a political move but it's still a less than desirable way of speaking.


How "low" is Hitler, Primal?

I understand that there are certain conditioned ' knee jerk ' reactions to people like Hitler. But I've learned much about who he was, and I understand his initial anger to what was happening to Germany. But that doesn't mean I agree with what he did, to the Jews. What the Jews endured under his wrath was sadistic and ' F-- up ' even to most people's standards on KTS.



Last edited by Primal Rage on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:05 am

Anfang wrote:
A sentimental person thinks he's feeling.
There is a difference.

I know you don't want to help just anyone.
The emphasis was on the heart part.
The heart doesn't care about statistics and orphans who are only an abstraction for you as of yet, without a personal encounter.
Humanitarians are usually sentimental - so not about the heart.



It is not everyone he wants to help. It is those he sees as most vulnerable. A child with no parents.
Having felt vulnerable, powerless, and to have com back from it, has given him the ability to empathize with the vulnerable and powerless.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 936
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 am

Primal Rage wrote:
I understand that there are certain conditioned ' knee jerk ' reactions to people like Hitler. But I've learned much about who he was, and I understand his initial anger to what was happening to Germany. But that doesn't mean I agree with what he did, to the Jews. What the Jews endured under his wrath was sadistic and ' F-- up ' even to most people's standards on KTS.

Isn't this just more safe moralizing though?  Aren't you presuming a familiarity with KTS member standards (i.e. "even" the most fringe KTS member couldn't possibly "agree" with the actions of Hitler... this is a given(is the blanket feeling) )...Can one empathize with something terrible while keeping one's distance?  As a test, speak about Hitler(or some other branded name) with close friends or family in the most objective, non-committal way possible, and even then, you'll feel an incredible tension in the air... Once you start speaking(about anything) with your friends and family they immediately start to empathize with your words because they know you so well.  So when you speak about something as "evil" as Hitler(doesn't matter if they believe in evil or not) everyone becomes leery and quiet, the mood is in jeopardy, a chasm develops because as you speak you're putting the balance and familiarity they have with you at risk(they'll even resent you for making them feel ill towards you)... the only way to save the situation is with a joke... laughter brings everyone back into that safe, stable familiar place.  Few people understand that brutal honesty doesn't make you a brute.  The situation isn't just confined to close friends/family as the move now is towards "one big family" called "humanity."  Loyalties become convoluted and mushy (people aren't sure what they're loyal to, except to certain gut feelings and convenient loves... but they "know" that "we"(humanity) has made too much "progress" to "go back now"... the "good" feelings have become ingrained... even talking about these "evil" things(no matter the approach) is seen as uncivil...the irony)


Edit:  Didn't notice the picture in your post before... Isn't it funny how those that use shock value to win an argument are so easily "shocked"("how DARE you") when someone says something morally offensive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1985
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:25 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Anfang wrote:
A sentimental person thinks he's feeling.
There is a difference.

I know you don't want to help just anyone.
The emphasis was on the heart part.
The heart doesn't care about statistics and orphans who are only an abstraction for you as of yet, without a personal encounter.
Humanitarians are usually sentimental - so not about the heart.



It is not everyone he wants to help. It is those he sees as most vulnerable. A child with no parents.
Having felt vulnerable, powerless, and to have com back from it, has given him the ability to empathize with the vulnerable and powerless.

What are you even talking about? Where does it say anything about wanting to help everyone? What an aggravating.....

But then again -

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:31 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Anfang on this one lol.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:40 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
I understand that there are certain conditioned ' knee jerk ' reactions to people like Hitler. But I've learned much about who he was, and I understand his initial anger to what was happening to Germany. But that doesn't mean I agree with what he did, to the Jews. What the Jews endured under his wrath was sadistic and ' F-- up ' even to most people's standards on KTS.

Isn't this just more safe moralizing though?  Aren't you presuming a familiarity with KTS member standards (i.e. "even" the most fringe KTS member couldn't possibly "agree" with the actions of Hitler... this is a given(is the blanket feeling) )...Can one empathize with something terrible while keeping one's distance?  As a test, speak about Hitler(or some other branded name) with close friends or family in the most objective, non-committal way possible, and even then, you'll feel an incredible tension in the air... Once you start speaking(about anything) with your friends and family they immediately start to empathize with your words because they know you so well.  So when you speak about something as "evil" as Hitler(doesn't matter if they believe in evil or not) everyone becomes leery and quiet, the mood is in jeopardy, a chasm develops because as you speak you're putting the balance and familiarity they have with you at risk(they'll even resent you for making them feel ill towards you)... the only way to save the situation is with a joke... laughter brings everyone back into that safe, stable familiar place.  Few people understand that brutal honesty doesn't make you a brute.  The situation isn't just confined to close friends/family as the move now is towards "one big family" called "humanity."  Loyalties become convoluted and mushy (people aren't sure what they're loyal to, except to certain gut feelings and convenient loves... but they "know" that "we"(humanity) has made too much "progress" to "go back now"... the "good" feelings have become ingrained... even talking about these "evil" things(no matter the approach) is seen as uncivil...the irony)


Edit:  Didn't notice the picture in your post before... Isn't it funny how those that use shock value to win an argument are so easily "shocked"("how DARE you") when someone says something morally offensive?

Of course there would be tension in the air if I were to discuss Hitler with my family just like if I were to discuss the intellectual merits of a chainsaw murdering cannibal. That's normal and to be expected. I can look past the evil deeds of a given person for the sake of intellectualism, but it's always in the back of my mind that person X is a psychopath. A certain amount of credibility is lost whether consciously or sub.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 936
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Quote :
Of course there would be tension in the air if I were to discuss Hitler with my family just like if I were to discuss the intellectual merits of a chainsaw murdering cannibal. That's normal and to be expected.

Treating the "tension" as "normal and to be expected" is the issue, more moral justification.

Quote :

I can look past the evil deeds of a given person for the sake of intellectualism, but it's always in the back of my mind that person X is a psychopath. A certain amount of credibility is lost whether consciously or sub.

A "certain amount of credibility" is lost by even entertaining an evil idea because you already know(in the back of [your] mind) that a certain person is evil( "a psychopath")?  Credibility is lost by thinking about things you know which are wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:21 pm

stargazer wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:


To Stargazer, I'm not a liberal nor do I plan on becoming one. But I do see how one might misconstrue me as one.  


You do? If I see a book with a title "organic gardening" should i assume that gardening has nothing to do with it because the word 'organic' was included? That you are projecting an altruistic outlook to anonymous people who you haven't even considered might not give a dam about your true spiritual quest, says that you do not know why you suddenly feel drawn to philanthropy. You are intuiting from a shallow perspective and submitting to an aimless mentality because on some level you fear reason, or you fear the cost that comes with being loyal to certain principles, the cost of self-knowledge.

Your encounter with your mortality, was simply the catalyst, nothing more.

You are reacting as impulsively as he is.

This is nothing but a new found motivation.
I don't think that he has gone out and spent his life savings feeding little children just yet.

The fact that he is here asking for your opinion/criticism shows an interest to investigate what is behind this motivation.
That you perceive it as shallow and aimless is a result of him not having these answers which he is here, asking you to help him find.

So how about you stop throwing rocks at him, from your own prejudice, and give him some actual constructive criticism that he can absorb?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Kaczynski wrote:
...in reality he is motivated by the sense of power he gets from struggling for and then reaching

But according to you, Satyr, et al, isn't everyone?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1985
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:37 pm

phono wrote:
You are reacting as impulsively as he is.

Nope, I took my time with my short response.
Now you make me wanna stomp my foot on the ground and get all angry and upset about your silly misinterpretation of my posts.
Little Anfang is really mad now...
Imagine what you like, barbie girl.

But nice try in playing me off against Primal.
You remind me of those southern belles, trying to garner a few suitors around them and to enjoy the drama.

Does this come natural to you?
Did you have to train a lot for it or is it a gift by nature?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Lyssa wrote:


Then you have such a narrow and rigid view of leftism.

Any psychology that favours the protection and preservation of an alien because it weak is a starting degree of leftism.


Preservation of alien because it is weak is a leftism.
Preservation of a weak alien because ....??? ... may be a leftism, but may not. We don't know yet.

We know that a motivation exists. We don't know the source.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Anfang wrote:
Nope, I took my time with my short response.
Now you make me wanna stomp my foot on the ground and get all angry and upset about your silly misinterpretation of my posts.
Little Anfang is really mad now...
Imagine what you like, barbie girl.

But nice try in playing me off against Primal.
You remind me of those southern belles, trying to garner a few suitors around them and to enjoy the drama.

Does this come natural to you?
Did you have to train a lot for it or is it a gift by nature?


Anfang, as you can see from what I quoted, that was meant for stargazer.

Now you've made yourself look like you're eager to pick up a fight with me, didn't you?
Dos this come natural to YOU?
Wink
Back to top Go down
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1985
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:58 pm

That happens when in a hurry...

phono wrote:
Now you've made yourself look like you're eager to pick up a fight with me, didn't you?
Dos this come natural to YOU?

Yep, it's natural.

Edit - My question still stands, regardless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:22 pm

What exactly is this "this" that either is natural to me, or that I must have trained for?
To instigate?

I'm a woman, dear. Factory standard.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
I understand that there are certain conditioned ' knee jerk ' reactions to people like Hitler. But I've learned much about who he was, and I understand his initial anger to what was happening to Germany. But that doesn't mean I agree with what he did, to the Jews. What the Jews endured under his wrath was sadistic and ' F-- up ' even to most people's standards on KTS.

Isn't this just more safe moralizing though?  Aren't you presuming a familiarity with KTS member standards (i.e. "even" the most fringe KTS member couldn't possibly "agree" with the actions of Hitler... this is a given(is the blanket feeling) )...Can one empathize with something terrible while keeping one's distance?  As a test, speak about Hitler(or some other branded name) with close friends or family in the most objective, non-committal way possible, and even then, you'll feel an incredible tension in the air... Once you start speaking(about anything) with your friends and family they immediately start to empathize with your words because they know you so well.  So when you speak about something as "evil" as Hitler(doesn't matter if they believe in evil or not) everyone becomes leery and quiet, the mood is in jeopardy, a chasm develops because as you speak you're putting the balance and familiarity they have with you at risk(they'll even resent you for making them feel ill towards you)... the only way to save the situation is with a joke... laughter brings everyone back into that safe, stable familiar place.  Few people understand that brutal honesty doesn't make you a brute.  The situation isn't just confined to close friends/family as the move now is towards "one big family" called "humanity."  Loyalties become convoluted and mushy (people aren't sure what they're loyal to, except to certain gut feelings and convenient loves... but they "know" that "we"(humanity) has made too much "progress" to "go back now"... the "good" feelings have become ingrained... even talking about these "evil" things(no matter the approach) is seen as uncivil...the irony)


Edit:  Didn't notice the picture in your post before... Isn't it funny how those that use shock value to win an argument are so easily "shocked"("how DARE you") when someone says something morally offensive?

I posted the image because it's potent, an image that reminds sane people of how much of a piece of shit Hitler, really, was.

Let me ask you in return, what do you think of Hitler? How " high " in esteem do you hold him?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Anfang wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
Anfang wrote:
A sentimental person thinks he's feeling.
There is a difference.

I know you don't want to help just anyone.
The emphasis was on the heart part.
The heart doesn't care about statistics and orphans who are only an abstraction for you as of yet, without a personal encounter.
Humanitarians are usually sentimental - so not about the heart.



It is not everyone he wants to help. It is those he sees as most vulnerable. A child with no parents.
Having felt vulnerable, powerless, and to have com back from it, has given him the ability to empathize with the vulnerable and powerless.

What are you even talking about? Where does it say anything about wanting to help everyone? What an aggravating.....

But then again -


I'm going to ignore your mockery, you silly bean.

The gist of your post is that his motivation is sentimental, and thus not from the heart. (????)
I skipped through your poor use of word and went to address the heart part.


That he is only thinking that he is feeling, and not really feeling. As I see, his motivation is driven from empathy, which is a harmonization of a feeling between the self and the other.

As to your poor usage of word, if you mean it as something that is not guided by heart, by emotion, by feeling, why would you use "sentimental"?


Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14413
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:34 pm

History is written by the victors.

Try to question the 6 million number of the holocaust, or mention how a bigger genocide was perpetrated against the native Americans, or that the Turks massacred just as many Armenians and that all people have suffered; dare to mention that the Jews had "declared war on Germany" way before the Second World War began, proposing and pressuring , politically, for a boycott of German products; say anything remotely contrary to the official narrative about blacks, women, homosexuals; try to admit that Nazism had a philosophical framework and that Hitler was not mad...see how far it gets you.

It's called social censorship...one of its titles is political-correctness.
No bullies, no names like "bossy, fag, homo, retard, cripple, nigger, stupid, bitch", not a hint of a derogatory remark, because if you mention the negative you are complaining, and not simply making a factual statement...

If you don't want to be looked at sideways, whispered about in private, or considered a whiner, just pretend all is fine and whatever the majority believes is true is true, crack a joke, have fun, make money, get laid...otherwise you put your sanity, your sexual virility, your social status your genetic potential into doubt.

Smile and nod....
Do not frown...they might call you sad, and bitter, and mad.
Smiiile....like a goofball.
Laugh often, to pretend you are funny, if you are not.
Have a drink, eat, fuck, it might help put that smile on your face.

Never think.
Memorize words and the definitions, and repeat....and one and two, and one and two...
aaaand dance...and sway, and dip, and bob, and bow, and roll, and again...
and jete, plie, and prance...
and for god's sake love one another.

Good luck with that.
Keep me posted.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:41 pm

Lyssa wrote:

The one bringing emotions in to this post yet again now is You. You have an OM symbol in your signature in a contextual thread dealing with benevolence and love and altriusm and ego-death, and I speak of the "matter", the "content".... and what do you do?

You try to insert your vengeance and bitterness out of no reason getting into matters of my location...

Your attention wandered. This is a FACT.

If you feel ashamed, that is for your sensation, not my intention.

Is this how you saw it?

He said you must know about OM because you're from India.
The only way I could ever see that as an attempt at bitter vengeance, was if I considered to be from India something insulting.
We know you're proud of your roots... so what gives?

Besides, to say you must know about OM would be like someone saying I must know about samba and futebol because I'm from Brazil. Wouldn't always be correct, but a pretty good guess, wouldn't you say?

Why must it all be an invitation to take the gloves off? You are paranoid. I think you should take your own advice:

Quote :

Say Shanti Shanti Shantiiiiii OM. And you'll feel the sensation of natural overflowingness.

Breathe in some of that deep peace, dear Wink
Back to top Go down
Kvasir

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 783
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Satyr wrote:


If you don't want to be looked at sideways, whispered about in private, or considered a whiner, just pretend all is fine and whatever the majority believes is true is true, crack a joke, have fun, make money, get laid...otherwise you put your sanity, your sexual virility, your social status your genetic potential into doubt.

Smile and nod....
Do not frown...they might call you sad, and bitter, and mad.
Smiiile....like a goofball.
Laugh often, to pretend you are funny, if you are not.
Have a drink, eat, fuck, it might help put that smile on your face.

Never think.
Memorize words and the definitions, and repeat....and one and two, and one and two...
aaaand dance...and sway, and dip, and bob, and bow, and roll, and again...
and jete, plie, and prance...
and for god's sake love one another.

Good luck with that.
Keep me posted.

haha...I love it when the Satyr emits his flute. undeniable truth with unbridled artistic flare.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1985
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:54 pm

phono wrote:
That he is only thinking that he is feeling, and not really feeling. As I see, his motivation is driven from empathy, which is a harmonization of a feeling between the self and the other.

Since you have an issue with my use of the word sentimentality -

Jung wrote:
Atrophy of feeling is a characteristic of modern man and always shows itself as a reaction when there is too much feeling around, and in particular too much false feeling. From the lack of feeling in “Ulysses” we may infer a hideous sentimentality in the age that produced it. But are we really so sentimental today?…there is a good deal of evidence to show that we actually are involved in a sentimentality hoax of gigantic proportions. Think of the lamentable role of popular sentiment in wartime! Think of our so-called humanitarianism! The psychiatrist knows only too well how each of us becomes the helpless but not pitiable victim of his own sentiments. Sentimentality is the superstructure erected upon brutality.

A humanitarian can't be heartbroken about anyone he helps - how else can he keep on doing what he does?
Sentimentality is something originating from the thinking function not the feeling function.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14413
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies. Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:55 pm

It's what Satyrs do.

Let's face it....nothing "negative" should be spoken out-loud...because you know why?
No, not just because; no, not a spontaneous reaction; no, in this case it's because you are a loser, and a bitter, sad, lonely, man, complaining because you have a bad lot in life.

In this case it is permitted to go beyond the 'just because'...and the 'spontaneity'.

No critique, unless it is positive, or offers a solution, to leave us in high spirits.

Right there!!
The end of man.
No thinking, no critiquing, no reasoning....no just enjoying the spectacle of existence.

When being raped, why don't women just smile and enjoy it?
Why complain and go crying to the cops?
It's all good.
Just give in to the pleasure...you know you feel it.

Allow me to demonstrate...

I kiss you, and/or hug you.
"Hey! what gives?" you complain.
"Just because" I shrug.
you smile

Now...
I punch you in the face.
"Hey!" what gives?" you complain.
"Just because" I shrug...

What do you do?
"What a fuckin' loser...are you insane?!!!
You scream.

See the double standard?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ego Death - Epiphanies.

Back to top Go down
 
Ego Death - Epiphanies.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» dreams about pills that can bring death
» death by caramel slice....
» Healing after death
» Dream about Son and Me being Shot to Death
» Urgent prayer four critical life and death situations.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: