Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 am

A popular meme these days is 'Always be Yourself'

Always be yourself - in short, YOLO!

You are always your self, how can you not be?
A person would have to believe in absolute freewill and at the same time believe that there is a self which is just there for the heck of it but has nothing to do with that 'freewill' in the first place.

Example - If you believe that you have not been yourself in a particular situation then which part made that observation? And more importantly which other part did the things which you think were not being yourself?
Those people must be possessed by some evil spirits or something.

The phrase 'Always be yourself' is usually about -
If you feel like screaming at your boss or eating that cake then just go for it, no self-restraint (because that would be - not being yourself)!
One has to wonder what that 'self-restraining' part is, must be something other than the self, obviously, because it's about names, words and what kind of self would be 'self-restraining'?
A word like self-guidance would sound better, self-dominance on the other hand sounds evil again…

So the phrase 'Always be yourself' usually refers to taking the path of least resistance and to justify it as being about being oneself, as to feel good about it.
YOLO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 am

YOLO is the acronym for " You only live once ". Haven't heard of the ABY meme, but I've heard and seen the YOLO meme numerous times.

In regards to the bulk of your post, you're getting into, essentially, a linguistic cob-web.
And I beg to differ with ' absolute free-will ' as an entailment; partial-autonomy is still, perfectly, viable in this particular context.

What these modern, degenerate fucks are trying to implicate is that one ought to be in alignment with their true desires/impulses/nature, i.e., their 'self'. The concept of 'self' is rather ambiguous, as many of you already know. It appears that you have, erroneously, conflated the notion of one's fundamental essence with one's passions and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:39 am

In the case I was describing, it's about how we use words to create a dialectic which makes us feel good.

But to follow this through -

Let's assume that you are not your self in a particular moment.
Then what does that actually mean?
Who were you then?
What is it about?

Let's say you have your essence, your true self, whatever it may refer to and however it may be discerned from the passions and thoughts and so on -
Someone who is not being him/her-self - What is he when he's not being that?
He's not living up to his idea about himself? What he thinks he is?

Is the self in "Always be yourself" then the ideal of a self?
How I'd like to be?

Because if it is then it's using language to talk about self and an idealization of self and merging the two, pretending the ideal would be the actual self.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 am

The "be yourself" is related to this faked worship of intimacy and honesty.
It also relates to this "drop your defenses, your walls" tactics...to which I respond by raising mine and making them thicker.
Walls are what offer us the possibility of options.
There is no Will, without the skin and the bone, fragile and porous as it might be.

It means: expose yourself, drop your defenses, so that you become easier.
Deconstruct yourself, to be inserted into the greater Self.
Most would find honesty deplorable when it does not result in a "positive" outcome.

Many are shallow personalities and so their private self is very close to their public self.
The ones who are more complex are usually characterized by multiple persona, applied withing different environments and contexts.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 am

Yep.
It's also related to 'Just be yourself'.
You just gotta be yourself and it will all work out.
That 'self' better be in alignment with the cultural norms of its times.
It's a belief that people are basically good and 'good' is to be flexible and adaptive (or to use a 'negative' word malleable) to the environment, to society.
Of course everybody is 'good'. With positive suggestions one encounters less resistance.


Last edited by Anfang on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kvasir



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 591
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:42 pm


Moderns are seduced by the placating delusion of uniqueness. "Being yourself" to them is a feel good motto that acts as a psychological inebriation to numb any possible feelings of inadequacy. No matter how inferior they might be, they can always be coddled that somewhere inside them exists an identity free from social conventions.

They do not need to know this mysterious "identity" but only feel its presence vicariously, or through faith, like believing in God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm

I don't think this has to do with uniqueness at all.
It has to do with matching your "inner self" to your appearance.

Though in reality that would cause living in a society impossible.

We all attenuate ourselves for the sake of living in a group.

There's a great push to increase tolerance in differences aims to allow people to express this "inner self".
No tolerance for intolerance, though.

If my inner self happens to be one that hates everything and everyone, and would like everyone to fuck right off, I am SOL Wink
Back to top Go down
Kvasir



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 591
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:17 pm


The "inner self" is exactly this subliminal canard that the motto reinforces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Yes, and the truth of the matter is that nobody really wants it out.
Back to top Go down
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:06 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Yes, and the truth of the matter is that nobody really wants it out.

That evil canard...
Three heads with 6 pairs of eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 pm

1) 'Always Be Yourself' is a reinforcement of the I'm-a-special-little-snowflake mentality that is so prevalent. The idea is that whenever the world fails to meet your hopes and expectations or you feel ashamed of yourself and/or your actions, the real issue is that you haven't truly shown the world your 'inner greatness'. Everyone is equally wonderful after all, you just have to show it off!

2) YOLO is a reinforcement of degenerate hedonism. Experience everything. Be try-sexual (try anything once). Ignore criticism and devolve into sensation and inebriation, direction is not necessary. The 'I'm just living life/ just doing me' philosophy.

I believe YOLO was coined by rapper Drake (a strange alias for a half-black half-jewish Canadian...). Drake is an interesting topic in himself. His lyrics are so inane and meaningless that he may as well just be humming on top of the overproduced beats he raps over. He uses the sort-of-singing sort-of-rapping technique which results in his voice being melodic enough to immerse itself into the synthesized garbage he creates, turning your brain off for you.

3) It is a natural outcrop of man divorced from nature and natural consequences. For example, there are apparently 56 different Gender on Facebook. The idea is that, without Nature as a limiting factor, you can be whoever and whatever you wish to be. Suddenly no action is inappropriate, regardless of context and consequence, so long as you are embracing your inner beauty and 'individuality'.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Anfang wrote:
In the case I was describing, it's about how we use words to create a dialectic which makes us feel good.

But to follow this through -

Let's assume that you are not your self in a particular moment.
Then what does that actually mean?
Who were you then?
What is it about?

Let's say you have your essence, your true self, whatever it may refer to and however it may be discerned from the passions and thoughts and so on -
Someone who is not being him/her-self - What is he when he's not being that?
He's not living up to his idea about himself? What he thinks he is?

Is the self in "Always be yourself" then the ideal of a self?
How I'd like to be?

Because if it is then it's using language to talk about self and an idealization of self and merging the two, pretending the ideal would be the actual self.


It still appears like you are misunderstanding; ' Be yourself ' isn't implying that one somehow, magically, ceased to be their true essence or self, but rather that one is contradicting/denying their desires/impulses/nature. e.g., pretending to be straight while one is, truly, a homosexual. As I said earlier, your confusion appears to emanate from linguistic errors. If the meme ' Always be yourself ' is understood literally, then I would could concur with you.
Back to top Go down
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Anfang wrote:
In the case I was describing, it's about how we use words to create a dialectic which makes us feel good.

But to follow this through -

Let's assume that you are not your self in a particular moment.
Then what does that actually mean?
Who were you then?
What is it about?

Let's say you have your essence, your true self, whatever it may refer to and however it may be discerned from the passions and thoughts and so on -
Someone who is not being him/her-self - What is he when he's not being that?
He's not living up to his idea about himself? What he thinks he is?

Is the self in "Always be yourself" then the ideal of a self?
How I'd like to be?

Because if it is then it's using language to talk about self and an idealization of self and merging the two, pretending the ideal would be the actual self.


It still appears like you are misunderstanding; ' Be yourself ' isn't implying that one somehow, magically, ceased to be their true essence or self, but rather that one is contradicting/denying their desires/impulses/nature. e.g., pretending to be straight while one is, truly, a homosexual. As I said earlier, your confusion appears to emanate from linguistic errors. If the meme ' Always be yourself ' is understood literally, then I would could concur with you.

We are moving in circles here because what you just explained is what I initially posted, namely that "Always be yourself" is about not restraining yourself.

And the point I made was that this self-restraint, this conscious decision to not just go YOLO, LOCO or whatever is part of the self. And if you, now, were to argue that "Yeah, well, but that's what 'Always be yourself' is about, what it means 'not literally' ", then I'd point to my initial post, again, where I already described that this is just a comforting word play to make oneself and others feel good.

Instead of saying 'Relax and take it easy and then somewhere' the meme is 'Always be yourself' and the latter is quite self-deceptive. Or do you immediately think "Always be yourself" is about taking the path of least resistance?

If it's not about having no self-restraint or self-control or whatever you want to call it then what is 'Always be yourself' about? What you described so far is about having no self-control/self-restraint.
Edit - or more precisely, to not use that self-restraint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:39 pm

I disagree that the memes are just comforting word-plays and excuses to indulge in vulgar-hedonism. Sure, they could be applied in that context, but from my perspective, it's more about the advocation of enjoying/celebrating life and loving oneself ( non-narcisistically, of course ).
Back to top Go down
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm just imagining a girl screaming 'YOLO' in a casino and then cashing-in all her chips and leaving the casino, while explaining to her friend that she just expressed her celebration of self and life by not allowing her careful nature to not get overwhelmed by all the adrenaline from all that money she made the previous round.

Yeah...
I'll quote the comment I got when I posted my initial post in this thread on youtube -
"All is relative unless it's unflattering or un-PC, then everything becomes absolute."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Anfang wrote:
I'm just imagining a girl screaming 'YOLO' in a casino and then cashing-in all her chips and leaving the casino, while explaining to her friend that she just expressed her celebration of self and life and expressing her careful nature to not get overwhelmed by all the adrenaline from all that money she made the previous round.

Yeah...
I'll quote the comment I got when I posted my initial post in this thread on youtube -
"All is relative unless it's unflattering or un-PC, then everything becomes absolute."

Well, yes, as prior mentioned, the meme could apply to degenerate contexts too. The memes are often used by young moderns, so I get where you are coming from.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm


Gender : Male Posts : 1471
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Finally a decent thread from Anfang.......... been waiting years for this.

YOLO and ABY reflect the immense shallowness and profound stupidity of the average manimal. The average manimal is a mind slave, a passive, reactive, object. Not a subject. Not human, but merely an animal aspiring to become human. Human genetic feces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:22 am

* * *

A kind of relativism is a requirement for a realist because nature has its variations, a continuous emergence of heterogeneity. The kind of relativism which is used by the modern left is detached from reality and used as weapon to attack observations made about that very nature herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mo
Lamb


Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Primal,

Is your profile pic Alan Watts? Isn't he what middle-aged soccer moms listen to in their mini-van on the way to hot yoga?

...Just joking with ya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Mo wrote:
Primal,

Is your profile pic Alan Watts? Isn't he what middle-aged soccer moms listen to in their mini-van on the way to hot yoga?

...Just joking with ya

Back to top Go down
Mo
Lamb


Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Sorry, it's been a fucked up day...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:36 am

Mo wrote:
Sorry, it's been a fucked up day...

Either destruction or growth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:37 am

* * * * *

The average modern woman is always a mistress and never a particular man's wife.
Men who marry become husbands but there is no band which ties a woman, making her a wife. The potential bands of the heart are not formed in her youth.
And those of the marriage have already disappeared.
And it's foolish to not treat a woman in accord with her nature.
The particular destructiveness for some lies in the words - Those who believe that words are about expressing truth are at a disadvantage because calling someone a wife does not make her into one.

I don't remember who said that but "Words were invented to lie."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Sentimentality

A sentimentalist is simply one who desires to have the luxury of an emotion without paying for it.
- Oscar Wilde

Is a sentimental person an emotional person?
Who is thinking about anger, fear, disgust,… when hearing the word sentimental?
A sentimental person is usually capable of experiencing such 'negative' emotions but that's not what this mentality is about.

Senti-mental-ity is an idealization of emotions, the idea of an emotion.
The severity is removed in our world - there are safety-nets in place and if not in reality then at least in the mind of the sentimental.

Like a romantic novel, sentimentality can be opened and enjoyed and closed at any time - the original functionality of emotions are not present in a sentimental person - they are all fleeting thoughts. An enemy in one moment may turn into a friend the next one and vice versa.

Sentimentality through its easy flexibility provides an advantage in a world of excess and liberal ideals. And so it is now a very common trait - not only among humanitarians.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:20 pm

The popular modern idea that discrimination is negative I find stupid. The people who expound it are, probably, the most discriminating of all, ironically. Much of the liberals I've met are, extremely, classist and even racist, just more subtly. If you didn't discriminate, you would end up dead, real fast. Imagine that you didn't discriminate predatory animals from non-predatory animals. Imagine that you went for a stroll in the forest and encountered a grizzly bear. Since you don't discriminate, you walk past it as if it were a rabbit, and then end up torn to shreds and die. If you were discriminating and acknowledged the reality of the situation, the gravity of the situation, you would have lived. Now apply this non-discrimination to the civilized world; Leftists tell you that you should not judge people on their race or appearance. They want you to treat all the same. The idiotic Leftists want you to treat a pack of obnoxious, pant sagging African-Americans as equal to a waspy suburbanite, even though, statistically, there is a much higher chance that the pack of thugs will assault you. The rational thing that one ought to do if they value their own well-being is to discriminate, be alert when you approach a potential predator, a statically proven dangerous predator.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm


Gender : Male Posts : 1471
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Also the primary difference of predatory animals is two eyes nearer to each other, in the front of the face, which focuses vision upon one target (to chase down).

Herd animals and prey animals generally have eyes wider set, and even to the opposing sides of their heads, like a fish.

Compare a fish with eyes on opposite sides of the body, to a shark with eyes pointed forward.

Same for birds.

Same for manimals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:20 pm

It irks me to see Liberals using Nietzsche quotes to piss on Christians.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Loyalty Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Loyalty in the Modern age of the instantaneous and superficial.

No loyalty among mates: in a world of shallow superficial hedonism and technologies which act as 'solutions' (pornography, divorce, contraception), everything and everyone jaded, cynical, boring, lifeless, cliche. A world of easily accessible options to forever catch ones eye keeping one from being 'true'. Infantile baseness excused from its natural consequences = cultural decline/retardation.

No loyalty among men: no war or struggle to bond them: shallow acquaintances resting upon inanities/conformity. No enemy/other against which to bind - global community. No blood shed.

No loyalty to community:  if such a thing as community can exist when females are equally implored to adopt the role of a working male. Depreciation of bloodlines, races, nations etc. Transient replaceable populations surrounded by the same ideals, values, products from coast to coast.

No loyalty to family: as memetic techniques/indoctrination facilitates the rise of more vulnerable familial units, preferably headed by a lone female. Decline of fathers and their traditions/authority: the rise of 'no fault' dissolutions of life-long binding agreements: a schism separating the young from the mature and the elderly. The state as Abrahamic God intensified, organized: all males emasculated beneath 'him'.

No loyalty in employment: servile occupations aplenty demanding automaton behaviours and replacing workers with ease, opportunists plotting behind corporate boardrooms producing a nexus of incestuous, dishonest and short-termist interests. The tapeworm economy. Ubiquitous shameless rent-seeking. The rise of the corporate jackal.

No loyalty in politics/ideology: Words abused and distorted (liberal), inversion of norms. Blending of ideals into one another - the age of compromise and cooperation. Discourse/debate in an environment of constant bad-faith (Godwin's Law) betraying an underlying fragility of one's own positions. Total negation of classical perspectives or a selectively chosen assortment of historical quotes which vaguely support one's own (usually 'progressive') direction.

No loyalty to self. Anything but the tedium of quiet, solitude, introspection. Better to lose that chain of thought and blend in, go with the flow. Inebriation facilitates what hyper-sexualization fails to accomplish outright, namely: effeteness, mellowness, soft and warm feelings of satiation and accomplishment. Loss of creativity and imagination and thus the loss of genuine differentiation in all fields.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae



Gender : Male Scorpio Posts : 2463
Join date : 2013-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Land of Dance and Song

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:22 am

Just be yourself.. They mean as in environments where you feel the most comfortable; where you do not adjust or feel uncomfortable due to (unfamiliar) otherness. The 'take a shit whenever you feel like it comfort', the self of being impulsive without any resistance against habits and easiness.
As if the non-comfort, how you react towards the unfamiliar, to that which makes you nervous for specific reasons, or simply adjust - is not being yourself..

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

* * * * *

Trust can be based on reason(s) or on surrendering.
The feminine trusts by surrendering while the masculine trusts in its capabilities to dominate the other, trust in its own strengths.
When a woman speaks of the importance of trust coming from a man then it's about his capability to dominate her, and…. - his trust, is actually trust in himself, his trust in his own capabilities to dominate.

In today's controlled world this trust in ones' own strengths has increasingly become about believing and not a realistic assessment of a situation. Psychological parlor tricks, smoke and mirrors,…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:37 pm

* * * * *

Animals don't ask themselves whether or not they are free. They try to fulfill their needs and what we call species-appropriate allows enough of them to fulfill those needs to a degree which is required to survive, to sustain the species overall.

What we call freedom is an excess - which allows us to temporarily fulfill our needs with ease.
Somebody could argue - No, freedom is to be able to do whatever I want. Yes, but what is it that we want to do? That's just our needs which we want to fulfill.
Of course, because of the level of self-awareness, of consciousness, people's needs can also be more abstract. They can also be manipulated and redirected by the individual himself but also via influences originating from the outside.

And so, the intention to achieve greater freedom is tied to the fulfillment of needs. It's one avenue to grow as an organism. But while fulfillment of needs potentially lets us grow in strength it's also a dangerous excess if enjoyed too much for too long a period of time.

Similar to a muscle which grows when there is strain followed by a phase to relax.
The thing is that the ideal of freedom for its own sake is like the ideal of relaxation for its own sake and that's decay in the long run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:55 pm

silent 


Last edited by Erik on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Primal,
You've changed your avatar quite a lot recently.
Is it a kind of transformative process?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1764
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:54 pm

I meant Erik...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kvasir



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 591
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:05 pm

He's flowing with his age. Preoccupied with the importance of youthful virility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:20 pm

From living in both Mexico and the USA, I've noticed a stark contrast in regards to familial dynamics. In Mexico, family members are greater in number, more united, and often live together in the same household for many, many years if not forever. In America, family members are small, dysfunction is not uncommon, and children are expected to move out by age 18, preferably far, far away. If a man still lives with his parents after age 18, he is considered ( by Americans ) a ' loser ' regardless of whether or not he is bringing in money and helping to support. In Mexico, if a man lives with his family and brings in bread, he is considered a noble man.

Just an observation of mine.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 591
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Erik wrote:
From living in both Mexico and the USA, I've noticed a stark contrast in regards to familial dynamics. In Mexico, family members are greater in number, more united, and often live together in the same household for many, many years if not forever. In America, family members are small, disfunction is not uncommon, and children are expected to move out by age 18, preferably far, far away. If a man still lives with his parents after age 18, he is considered ( by Americans ) a ' loser ' regardless of whether or not he is bringing in money and helping to support. In Mexico, if a man lives with his family and brings in bread, he is considered a noble man.

Just an observation of mine.

It's the consumerist-capitalist custom to sever the tie of Man from his family. If a man remains in close contact with his family he retains a loyalty to what in many ways, determines his choices for prospering in society. The ancient hereditary empires used to live with each other their entire lives, because the devotion to the familial lineage is what allowed the sanctity of the genetic tie as well as a loyalty to tradition which kept the society stable.

Now, the man must devote himself to the institution, to the state, to the University. He must be determined by how efficient his ability is to produce and consume and accumulate excess. Even modern families kick their children out by 18 not merely because they have been conditioned to believe that he must not be a part of the family tradition anymore, but in many cases, because they genuinely dislike the child.

The replacement of family values for those of institutions of oversocialization or environments of consumer isolation make for what is known as the "dysfunctional family". This is what occurs when the modern version of the ideal of "individuality" creates the slow deterioration of family bonds and the customs they are base on. Individualism is the true virus.

The propaganda indoctrinated to a society about the purpose of what it means to live autonomously, is taken to progressive ideals of abnegating ones past and especially ones flaws and living in a self-supporting world. There is an over-dependence upon social consensus involving an exhortation that parents should disregard personal or traditional methods of raising their offspring and remain loyal to “permissiveness” and allowing children to find themselves, which euphemistically means renouncing the natural desire to nurture them according to their family principles and adapt ones of purely social means.

Thus, a mother may follow the more typical liberal methods of showering her children with excessive affection which reduces her to a weak and inferior figure and the father becomes more obsolete given the feministic mores of the female taking the reins of sole guidance and the father is then emasculated, and pushed ever more into the background, becoming careless and sheepish which undermines the familial psyche of support of one another. This subsequently cultivates a hatred in the children and they become dissatisfied for lacking the proper balance of parental guidance of both masculine and feminine influence, and having no veritable ‘authority’ to instruct them and discipline them.
They then become, by default, their own authorities, or they seek out substitute “role models” and the real parents fade away into obscurity and subjugation. This subversion of mother and father roles from these social dilutions, rages a kind of psychological warfare on the family structure, where no real values exist to keep family bonds intact and repressed contempt for one another expresses itself in infantile ways.  


Ergo, all the members then, having no support from one another or challenges from regulations of familial conduct or leadership, develop an overall deep confusion as to how to relate to each other and withdraw into private troubled narcissistic bubbles of jadedness and awkwardness. All of them vie for petty power struggles in accordance with their own selfishness.

Hence the age of the dysfunctional family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:57 pm

stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:
From living in both Mexico and the USA, I've noticed a stark contrast in regards to familial dynamics. In Mexico, family members are greater in number, more united, and often live together in the same household for many, many years if not forever. In America, family members are small, disfunction is not uncommon, and children are expected to move out by age 18, preferably far, far away. If a man still lives with his parents after age 18, he is considered ( by Americans ) a ' loser ' regardless of whether or not he is bringing in money and helping to support. In Mexico, if a man lives with his family and brings in bread, he is considered a noble man.

Just an observation of mine.

It's the consumerist-capitalist custom to sever the tie of Man from his family. If a man remains in close contact with his family he retains a loyalty to what in many ways, determines his choices for prospering in society. The ancient hereditary empires used to live with each other their entire lives, because the devotion to the familial lineage is what allowed the sanctity of the genetic tie as well as a loyalty to tradition which kept the society stable.

Now, the man must devote himself to the institution, to the state, to the University. He must be determined by how efficient his ability is to produce and consume and accumulate excess. Even modern families kick their children out by 18 not merely because they have been conditioned to believe that he must not be a part of the family tradition anymore, but in many cases, because they genuinely dislike the child.

The replacement of family values for those of institutions of oversocialization or environments of consumer isolation make for what is known as the "dysfunctional family". This is what occurs when the modern version of the ideal of "individuality" creates the slow deterioration of family bonds and the customs they are base on. Individualism is the true virus.

The propaganda indoctrinated to a society about the purpose of what it means to live autonomously, is taken to progressive ideals of abnegating ones past and especially ones flaws and living in a self-supporting world. There is an over-dependence upon social consensus involving an exhortation that parents should disregard personal or traditional methods of raising their offspring and remain loyal to “permissiveness” and allowing children to find themselves, which euphemistically means renouncing the natural desire to nurture them according to their family principles and adapt ones of purely social means.

Thus, a mother may follow the more typical liberal methods of showering her children with excessive affection which reduces her to a weak and inferior figure and the father becomes more obsolete given the feministic mores of the female taking the reins of sole guidance and the father is then emasculated, and pushed ever more into the background, becoming careless and sheepish which undermines the familial psyche of support of one another. This subsequently cultivates a hatred in the children and they become dissatisfied for lacking the proper balance of parental guidance of both masculine and feminine influence, and having no veritable ‘authority’ to instruct them and discipline them.
They then become, by default, their own authorities, or they seek out substitute “role models” and the real parents fade away into obscurity and subjugation. This subversion of mother and father roles from these social dilutions, rages a kind of psychological warfare on the family structure, where no real values exist to keep family bonds intact and repressed contempt for one another expresses itself in infantile ways.  


Ergo, all the members then, having no support from one another or challenges from regulations of familial conduct or leadership, develop an overall deep confusion as to how to relate to each other and withdraw into private troubled narcissistic bubbles of jadedness and awkwardness. All of them vie for petty power struggles in accordance with their own selfishness.

Hence the age of the dysfunctional family.

Very well stated. You articulated thoughts that have been floating around in my head in regards to this topic. I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 591
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 31
Location : Gleichgewicht

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Sure.
Another factor...
The idea of individuality in terms of living autonomously. Modernists love to boast about their "independence" especially the females. They vehemently profess to their ability to be "independent" and live "independently". If i had a dollar for every time i heard some douchbag claim their superiority by being independent...

They equate independence with some ambiguous idea of freedom, when in fact their independence is entirely ingrained within institutional education. The very idea of "independence" in their heads is a social convention itself. To them being independent is about paying their own bills, and having an apartment, and having the money to party and buy shit on their own. The dollar determines the shallowness of their "independence". The system determines it.

What is "independence" to them? Money, possessions, material ownership. The ability to buy their own car and drive it around by themselves.
Independence of their minds, of their ideas, of their beliefs....that is the irony these idiots cannot introspect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm


Gender : Male Posts : 1471
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Not ironically the manimals who claim they are independent, and proud of it, are some of the most dependent types of brains around. Slave brains. They are "independent" in every way except the one that counts.

They don't think for themselves. They don't have "their own" thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Today at 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 27Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads
» FOUR short Weird dreams..please read
» series of short dreams: need some help
» Short Dream About My Daughters Friend Who Is Missing IRL Now Found Dead!
» Short and Scary Dream

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: