Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 am

Stuart- wrote:
You seem almost as confident in the driving of others as your own.

Good point. It's never so much my concern that I will cause an accident, as it is that I will be hit by a drunk, an elderly person, an illegal immigrant, or some asshole who thinks they're a race car pilot.

Back to top Go down
Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:
Arditezza wrote:
Hmm.

I think that I can be all three at once.

I've found that I might wear any of those hats within any given day. When I am with my patients and their families, I am very much in charge and governing the situation at hand. When I am doing research and applying for grants, I am also governing that process and many people and resources are involved.

In a hospital setting, I allow the doctor to govern the patient care and I follow instructions without question and I get the job done. At home, I am both the governed and the governess depending on the situation.

In my car, I am ungovernable. I don't accept authority at all. I drive as fast as I want, how I want and I think that these arbitrary speed limits are designed for revenues and not safety. I actively disobey the speed limit. I lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years and drove on the Autobahn, I know exactly my comfortable and effective speed limit. Fuck the cops.  I have really expensive radar detectors and often will pack with others to convoy through an area at a higher rate of speed.

Standard/manual or automatic? Wink

Hah, manual. You think I'd cede control over to a machine?

It's also another way to keep my kids from borrowing my car. They hate stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Arditezza wrote:

Hah, manual.  You think I'd cede control over to a machine?
Concordant with my own argument.

Quote :

It's also another way to keep my kids from borrowing my car.  They hate stick.

You're older than I imagined.

---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:51 pm

I also always put on a dress and high heels when I'm working on my truck.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:50 am

Me too. Thong or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:
Arditezza wrote:

Hah, manual.  You think I'd cede control over to a machine?
Concordant with my own argument.

Quote :

It's also another way to keep my kids from borrowing my car.  They hate stick.

You're older than I imagined.

---

You are in good company.  I am older than I imagined too. A youthful spirit, I imagine.  It's important to keep your ideas and thoughts fresh and keep challenging them to stay young.  The sign of old is not the aging of the body, but in the refusal of the mind to learn and grow. Age is an acceptance that there isn't much left for you to learn and earn. I don't believe I will every stop testing my thoughts and challenging my ideas.

And that girl is ridiculous.

The problem with that picture is that she has to rely on skimpy clothes instead of learning to look sexy even in coveralls. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dasein

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Yeah - Artidezza is, most likely, a sock-puppet of the administrators. Clever associating it with someone Phony used to know, but still smells bullshitty. I mean, satyr has created a plethora of socks before, so I wouldn't be surprised if the older Arti, who Phony used to know, was actually Satyr all along. It's not irrational to suppose that. Doesn't really matter, though.

This place died out again haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Because it is the holidays and people have lives, unlike you.
Back to top Go down
Dasein

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Kind of amazed that I haven't been demoted, or banned yet.....they must be bored as hell...well glad you are enjoying this, assholes, because when the year ends, that's it....start fresh....unless you guys give me a holler. But yeah, I'm heading to China...Hong Kong....

Ha! Holidays ...That's cute. You mean the Christian holidays that these fucks are supposed to hate?

You dissed yourself, btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dasein

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Satyr, why didn't you ever answer your fucking phone, when I called? You answered for Billy Bob and Sally Sue, but not for me? Oh c'mon, you short lil' Greco-bastard. Show Erik some love, too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dasein

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Isn't it funny how Lyssa made it so damn obvious on her FB page in regards to her identity? Lyssa, baby, you shouldn't have made it public on your FB that you know Sanskrit! Lets not even get started on all the other obvious evidence. I think everyone, who visited your FB page realizes it's, actually, you. I don't even need to continue this anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dasein

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Who's that fine feminine working on the car above? Looks petite....love petite women; easy to manipulate...physically and psychologically.

I will come back tomorrow, see what's up.

Ciao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Dasein wrote:
Kind of amazed that I haven't been demoted, or banned yet.....they must be bored as hell...well glad you are enjoying this, assholes, because when the year ends, that's it....start fresh....unless you guys give me a holler. But yeah, I'm heading to China...Hong Kong....

Ha! Holidays ...That's cute. You mean the Christian holidays that these fucks are supposed to hate?

You dissed yourself, btw

Winter Solstice and more ritualized Yuletide.
At any rate, period of inexorable involution, especially if you were born around this time: cutting connections and bridging new ones.
Also, preoccupation with life duties and needs: some on here have families and real life friends.

Contempt for a second, or a night, towards those, shallow or otherwise, who will neither bother to initiate extension nor receive yours, then back to reality, creating and seeing that which they'll never see.
Anticipating the potential for those who you influence and of whom are motivators, commencing the clarity within which capacities are determined and ascertained.

Onward and forward.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Dasein wrote:

You dissed yourself, btw

I'm a contractor, I'm always online. Always, and never.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Dasein wrote:
Who's that fine feminine working on the car above? Looks petite....love petite women; easy to manipulate...physically and psychologically.

That's a weak, uncorroborated corollary.
Take Phone, for instance.

At any rate, perhaps it's my Old Lady. Bummer for you, she, unlike most hormonal women, isn't attracted to liver/nigger lips.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:03 pm

The Will to Power
Der Wille zur Macht
Macht - machen - to make, to create

The 'power-process' being disrupted.
Anti-Life.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrafn

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:53 pm

In order to become self possessed, it is crucial to understand the particular context in which you are located/locating.

In my experience, an excellent way to do this is to examine what constitutive parts of the questions a culture/academic discipline/art form asks itself are considered dispositive, or instrumentally needed when determining the most correct conclusion. How we make conclusions is essential to what we automatically assume as truthful, and thus what we do to persevere.

These underlying conclusion processes function as automatic reactions, or judgments. They are subtly or not so subtly observable in all aspects of life. If we are unaware, they happen before we even know we make them. Once we are awake to this assuming process, we can detach from it, and evaluate what we think is most crucial toward correct assuming, this time based on our own freer experience, or by adopting or modifying those of others if we determine them the most apt descriptions available.

Where we are now is also intimately connected with what came before. A historical perspective on the questions that were asked in previous contexts, and our consideration of the best explanations of why they were asked, gives a better perspective on the questions of our own time, and gives us more information to make better future projections.

Relevant questions concerning culture would be those current issues that deal with what should be considered moral, or correct, or appropriate. The scope of the question, the medium in which the question is asked, the way in which the question is debated are all essential.

In academic disciplines, the sorts of questions I have noticed they ask reveal certain patterns in their composition.

In the humanities, the deconstructed, ironically detached way in which all issues of meaning are held, and the aggressive and overtly extreme-left tone of the departments is crucial.

In the social sciences, I have noticed a marked shift away from theory, into purely economic question framing.

In the USA, philosophy is practiced mostly as a science nowadays. Very nerdy, autistic types practicing it. Continental philosophy is thought of as 'weak' or not hard enough to be of any value. Analytic philosophy is relying on formal logic, and like many other disciplines, it is attempting to set itself up as a physics wannabe.

Science is trending toward purely physical/material explanations of all phenomena. Questions are constantly being reduced to input/output formulaic relationships, with little regard for the context in which the experiments are conducted. I had a professor once tell me that she 'believes in research'.

In the arts, the fixation on technique, the focus on production, and the extreme abstraction of modern art are indicative of where we are. What is excluded is also important. The most avant garde parts of film and art I have come across, are copying innovations made during the 60's and 70's. The alternative and the mainstream are also becoming less and less distinguishable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrafn

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:55 pm

How one perceives something, how one explains their perception to themselves, and how they communicate or express their perception are essentially different. It takes a higher quality of mind to give incisive, organized expression to the content of their experience in language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrafn

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 pm

The things a civilization values, both explicitly and implicitly, can be discerned by observing the behaviors and opinions of its particular females.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:26 am

On Objectification

Objectification - 'A person is not an object but a human being.'
Humanist babble translation: Become a duplicitous liar. Use and manipulate people in a covert manner and hide your own motifs even from yourself.
Become yourself an un-aware mechanism for the 'greater good' of humanity.

Memo to The Last Man: You have no objectives of your own. You are not a subject. You do the work of the swarm. Thus you are good because you don't objectify other people. It's because you can't, you are not a subject yourself. Rejoice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 pm

When you mix a hedonist with a tyrant/masochist, what do you get? Is it not bipolar personality disorder? Excessive forgetting/relaxation/pleasure (mania) followed by excessive memory/straining/pain (depression)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 am

On Myths

Not any myth will do. The myths of a people are the stories which have been woven in their lifetimes and their ancestors' lifetimes.
One could think of it like a part which is vital to a tribe's survival but something which can't be passed on via genes but has to be passed on mimetically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 am

Trust and Women

Woman is inherently untrustworthy except when being in love.
She despises men who put their trust in her.

When a woman is infuriated because of a lack of trust then it's not the trust which wasn't put in her but the trust a man doesn't put in himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 pm

On Trust

Trust between people is based on a shared interpretation of events, of the overall personal history, the shared world-view. What this shared interpretation is, has been established over the duration of our relationships and is the building of trust.

Trust is nothing else but an understanding of the other.
I can trust a lion to behave like a lion.

Untrustworthiness is having a talent and a nature for deceiving.
This is why woman despises men who trust her because they have fallen prey to her talents - a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:30 pm

... this is a downwards spiral of cynicism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:31 pm

Trust is tying oneself to another by making this other a part of our own understanding of ourselves.
The other becomes part of our identity and that forms a bondage on the side of the person who makes part of his identity dependent on someone else. This is what ties anybody together beyond mere utility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:01 pm

Individuality is fostered through causal interrelationships with Nature and its extensions.
The means for such identity are manifold, as is equally the exhortation of this concerted activity, but they remain only integrative particulars to serve a unified or contextualized continuity of an end, whether this effort is directed or expended toward and subsequently within development, maintenance, or reproduction.
If we are talking about Sexual Love, considering it as a means, akin to language, which in turn can be developed, identity, through otherness, is exemplified in mutuality between its variant forms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 am

In modernity people have become cynical about placing trust in a person of flesh and blood but they are eager to make movements and '-isms' large parts of their identity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 am

You must also know how to spot a presence and absence.

The momentum of trust can build up to the extent,, its inertia can keep a relationship going, even when it has paused or stopped.

The former can mean, little needs to be said, to be communicated, its all understood. The relationship feels effortless; it glides on without needing more prompts and banking on what you have. And no matter how far or where you are, the other always pulsates subconsciously in the back of your mind, silently present.

Or it can mean, the ghost ship glides on in its own, smoothly, even after trust has stopped, by sheer inertia.
You could be reaping on that momentum and not trust per se, and talking to that person who is there, but (s)he is already elsewhere and far gone even when next to you.

Smooth waters come in good news and bad news.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 am

It not only can keep a relationship going for a time but it always does - at least for the trusting party.
If it doesn't then there was no trust present in the person in the first place.
This inertia is what trust is about, otherwise it would be a hollow thing.

There are many relationships where at least one party experiences about zero trust.
In my estimation it's the majority of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:54 am

What's honesty? People have become adApt at confusing who they are with what they want to be. What has become an important characteristic is convincing yourself, to be whatever you are required to be or want to be.

But then again what is honesty? Is it a lie if I am convinced about that lie myself?
Honesty has become hollowed out by the very preaching of honesty. What is important is being convinced about your own stories about yourself.
When you are assertive in your life then what is colloquially understood as lying becomes less important because that's a defensive tool most of the time.
Assertiveness in modern times is about being the one who determines how things are being interpreted.

Last edited by Anfang on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 am

Anfang wrote:

What's honesty? People have become adept at confusing who they are with what they want to be. What has become an important characteristic is convincing yourself, to be whatever you are required to be or want to be.

But then again what is honesty? Is it a lie if I am convinced about that lie myself?
Honesty has become hollowed out by the very preaching of honesty. What is important is being convinced about your own stories about yourself.
When you are assertive in your life then what is colloquially understood as lying becomes less important because that's a defensive tool most of the time.
Assertiveness in modern times is about being the one who determines how things are being interpreted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:27 am

Looks good, no cat talk apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polishyouth

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:31 pm

word12

Last edited by polishyouth on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 pm

polishyouth wrote:
This means that the liberal elite doesnt believe in what it preaches or doesnt believe others believe in what it preaches...

For the most part both, I think.

Quote :
In case the first option is true: could somebody tell me If there is a hidden motive or rather is this liberalism a tool, means to achieve something else?

You seem to understand the motive; to make blacks look better. Are you wondering why liberals would want to make them look better?

Also, I thinks it's worth mentioning that they released the movie Selma January 9th, the month before black history month in the US. I guess there's not much concern that there will be fatigue over that subject.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 am

polishyouth wrote:
I've once asked a question on this forum on why in schools in England there was only 'Black Culture Week' and none-other. I did get a good response but I have thought about something that I believe led me to a better one. The reasons is that if any other group of people that is present in London could present their cultural heros and heights they have risen to it would make the blacks look like children. This means that the liberal elite doesnt believe in what it preaches or doesnt believe others believe in what it preaches... In case the first option is true: could somebody tell me If there is a hidden motive or rather is this liberalism a tool, means to achieve something else?
Thanks.

In order to atone for slavery and colonialism, the exploiter and oppressor must celebrate the achievements of their victims, however small those may be. It's a shaming ritual meant to demonstrate the power of victimhood as a privileged status in this culture. Power is something to be ashamed of, therefore past expressions of power from a certain group towards a certain group endures as a sort of inherited sin.
Power, following this reasoning, indicates that one has an obligation towards those without power: from him with ability, to those in need. Therefore it follows that an inversion of power relations has occurred - the slave is actually the master as the master owes him for being weak, owes him a debt based around the exploitation inherent in their power relationship of master-slave.

Zionism is based around this inversion. If the blacks were more intelligent then they would have managed to achieve more with the same strategy, but they have made some gains with the aid of white liberals.
It's a parasitical arrangement.

polishyouth

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:17 pm

word12

Last edited by polishyouth on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:57 am

On possessing, bonds and cheats

The domestication of animals was one step in the direction of our own domestication and feminization. What and how we do things affects not only the other but us ourselves as well.
Though...in different ways.
A predator and its prey share a bond, their interaction shapes both of them over time.

This kind of dynamic and interaction is very pronounced between the sexes.
It's because in that arena, success or lack thereof has an immediate effect on the genetics of the population itself.

But in modernity things are a bit different -
What's happening in modernity is the rise of the cheat. The kind of person who seeks to gain without paying. The cheater seeks to remain unaffected by the interaction.

The idea is to possess and to possess means to bind the other to oneself. To bind someone means making part of their identity dependent on ourselves. This means that the possessed has made the other part of its becoming.

The cheat tries to stay detached from the other, to stay unaffected by the bond he tries to create. Essentially, he wishes to possess without being possessed.

But, there is also a price being paid for that. In the very end, cheating himself out of biological existence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 am

Unconditional Love

*ehm*
a poem
*ehm*

I love you unconditionally.
You could be anybody else and I'd still love you.

albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 am

Anfang wrote:
Unconditional Love

*ehm*
a poem
*ehm*

I love you unconditionally.
You could be anybody else and I'd still love you.

:albino:

Post it on any ''Poets'' community; I swear your words will be applauded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads Today at 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next