Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm

marzapan is honey and mashed-up almonds mashed up together
i dont know why but i always associate good cakes, good bakeries, good coffee and beatiful cafes with souther,western europe like switzerland, austria, hungary(and this is true) etc. though i've never been there in my life I always, even as a kid, have imagined these places being like this and myself enjoying these things there when i had some good dessert, i think middle of europe to be the best place for me, i dont like oceans, i dont like seas, neither dump, windy weather nor hot, dry weather etc. and oceans have never came off as beatiful to me when compared with mountains,
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 7:46 pm

I never thought about this but yeah, when it comes to desserts and the classic cafe house culture, it's originally from that area. I think it's also tied to central European slavic countries.
Don't know if this is common among Eastern-European countries as well but from what I've heard Russian people tend to eat smaller amounts volume wise but with a high energy value, like more sugar and fats, like in sweets and desserts.

Makes sense then, that I like marzipan, it being made from honey.
I am a hill person. Wide flat spaces make me feel lost, empty, especially if there are no forests. High imposing mountains are known to be depressing for some people. There are higher suicide rates in the Alps, I think at least that I heard something, somewhere, along those lines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 4:19 pm

hills, i come from a hilly area(nothing over 1200m), 1/4 of me is pure authentic goral(highlander)(tall, alpine peaks 2,5km tallest), i've been romantic about this in the past, now realising them to be crude and greedy bastards mostly(though very violent and disobedient) but i love the mountain, i respect it and the respect it commands through its presence but if you like hills and are ever in europe, you should check the hill ranges spanning from souther-western poland(silesia which 1/4 of my family comes from) to souther poland(where i grew up and where all my family moved into in the past) all the way to ukrainian border where the asiatic step opens up(where 1/4 of my family comes from), they are beatiful and challenging enough to break sweat but comfortable, even for a layman, and not so popular so you get the desires solitude and privacy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc ) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Delicious ' Junk food ' recommendations ( Cake, doughnuts, pastry, candy, etc )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2