Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Erik's Snippets of Wisdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:19 pm

The title isn't implying that I'm some master guru. I still have many, many things to learn. But that being said, I feel like I do have some words of wisdom that I could share. This thread will be dedicated to that. Enjoy.

There's something, inherently, effeminate about a man who can't keep his word.

Last edited by Erik on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 am

I hope it doesn't end up as this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 7:56 pm

SuperfluousMass wrote:
I hope it doesn't end up as this.

What do you mean?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Spend some quality time with your loved ones.

We get so caught up in daily, mundane tasks that we forget just how much we, truly, love those near and dear to us. Clear your mind, breathe, and spend some time with your loved ones. Give them a long, warm hug and kiss on the cheek. Tell them that you love them very much, and really mean it. The last thing you want is to die without having spent much quality time with them. It's cliche, but true: " You don't know what you have until you lose it ". Much wisdom lies in this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:36 am

You only live once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 pm

A man is not defeated when he loses. A man is defeated when he gives up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:16 pm

If given the chance, what wisdom would you give to these young impressionable kids?

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Erik wrote:
What if a man is trained to feel victorious while losing?

My father used to tell me an old Greek proverb:
"Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are."

But, I was so dumb, and gullible, I needed all the help I could get in trying to understand the complexities which is man.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Satyr wrote:
Erik wrote:
What if a man is trained to feel victorious while losing?

Losing and being victorious, it indicates - if it does not consist of losing ones life, that one can learn from his/her mistakes and continue his struggle with more precision and understanding.
It is a victory for you have faced an enemy / struggle which needed courage to be faced.
As long this feeling of ''being victorious'' will not delude him in thinking he actually won the fight.
But even if one would lose his/her life, did he not die victorious for having stood up, leaving the masses, and fought that which others do not understand or do not dare to confront..
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:35 am

There will be blood wrote: "If given the chance, what wisdom would you give to these young impressionable kids?"

My advice: Stand at least 5 feet away, keep your hands out of the cages, and don't feed the animals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Think before you speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Erik's Snippets of Wisdom Empty

Back to top Go down

Erik's Snippets of Wisdom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1