Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

How Solipsism is Inescapable

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kovacs

How Solipsism is Inescapable  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: addition example How Solipsism is Inescapable  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:46 am

as another example of the implicit objectiveness of your argument: You are claiming and assuming claims about other minds than your own. Not simply that they exist, but what can and cannot happen when they experience. So somehow you allow your mind to know not only other minds, but what must be the limits of those other minds, all while you are claiming, directly, that your own mind only experiences itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Solipsism is Inescapable How Solipsism is Inescapable  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 am

Kovacs wrote:
as another example of the implicit objectiveness of your argument: You are claiming and assuming claims about other minds than your own.   Not simply that they exist, but what can and cannot happen when they experience.   So somehow you allow your mind to know not only other minds, but what must be the limits of those other minds, all while you are claiming, directly, that your own mind only experiences itself.

You are correct. Actually, someone in ILP pointed this out to me. I acknowledge my error. I should restate my position:

What I mean is that all that I know of is based in personal experience, subjectivity. Maybe there is some way for me to know things objectively, but I've never experienced it. If you can show me how, I'm all ears.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: How Solipsism is Inescapable How Solipsism is Inescapable  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Retardation, remaining a child, is the modern/postmodern condition and its ideal.

Subjectivity is the trap, and a man-child refuses to climb out of the hole and grow up, stand up, and take responsibility for himself and all his and his inherited choices.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: How Solipsism is Inescapable How Solipsism is Inescapable  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 12:07 pm

Subjectivity is a surrender to solipsism.
Inter-Subjectivity is a deceptive sharing of self-referential thinking, through a collective.

Only then can man pretend to replace or to represent the divine.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Solipsism is Inescapable How Solipsism is Inescapable  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Solipsism is Inescapable
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3