Resignation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:25 am

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Divergense wrote:
Well, now everyone here has an idea of how pathetic I am.

Not sure if I should've revealed all that, but, that's what was in my heart to do at the time.

As for suicide, although I suffer, I've never seriously considered committing suicide, and I have no intention of doing so in the future, but, you never know.

While I have great weaknesses, I have great strengths also, or at least i think I do.

So much of communication is based on ego, I wonder how long I'll be sticking around for, knowing that everyone here knows how much of a loser I am.

I guess I was just sick and tired of pretentiousness.

A lot of pretentiousness occurs on philosophy forums, where ideas  and ideals are often totally abstracted from individuals/reality.

We all "lose" to chaos at some point or another, how long will you last?
I have no idea.

We could be dead tomorrow.. on the other hand, we could make it to 2075.

Who knows???

Ain't life grand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am

This song always cheers me up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:34 am

Lucis Trust, one of your most admirable qualities is your ability to quickly construct and deconstruct ideologies. This is how I really began to know and distinguish you apart from the rabble on ILP. I put you far above most, intellectually. I feel very comforted by the fact that another mind is as adept at logic and rationale as I am.

Great philosophers should be able to create and defeat arguments readily, quickly, and efficiently. I used to tear people apart on ILP before getting banned several times. You really learn about other people, the inside of their brains, by calling into doubt the premises that they hold dearest to their hearts. Attack their metaphysics, perspective, and world view.

One thing that I'm going to start attacking around here, is Satyr's idea of "entropy" and the universe is decaying. This is outright bullshit, and I've been remaining silent about it for years until a crowd came along that would appreciate its undoing. Entropy and chaos is bullshit as the "default" mode of existence. It's simply not true.

Existence is neutral to human interpretations. Time does not have a single direction. Therefore the "decay" of the universe is also bogus.

In short,

There is no reason to believe the universe is expanding..........rather than contracting.

It's bogus without the rationalization behind it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Æon wrote:
Lucis Trust, one of your most admirable qualities is your ability to quickly construct and deconstruct ideologies.  This is how I really began to know and distinguish you apart from the rabble on ILP.  I put you far above most, intellectually.  I feel very comforted by the fact that another mind is as adept at logic and rationale as I am.

Great philosophers should be able to create and defeat arguments readily, quickly, and efficiently.  I used to tear people apart on ILP before getting banned several times.  You really learn about other people, the inside of their brains, by calling into doubt the premises that they hold dearest to their hearts.  Attack their metaphysics, perspective, and world view.

One thing that I'm going to start attacking around here, is Satyr's idea of "entropy" and the universe is decaying.  This is outright bullshit, and I've been remaining silent about it for years until a crowd came along that would appreciate its undoing.  Entropy and chaos is bullshit as the "default" mode of existence.  It's simply not true.

Existence is neutral to human interpretations.  Time does not have a single direction.  Therefore the "decay" of the universe is also bogus.

In short,

There is no reason to believe the universe is expanding..........rather than contracting.

It's bogus without the rationalization behind it.
Yes, it is I, Lucis Trust/eyes.

We all go through different phases and stages, some more than others.

I'm a very cyclical person, I go through phases like the moon, negative, positive, antithesis, thesis, and synthesis.

When I was Lucis Trust, you and I probably had the most in common, in that we were both into constructing grand, optimistic counter-narratives, alternative metaphysical and sociological systems to the status quo.

Satyr's ontology is distinctive, and draws a lot from some German philosophy and Heraclitus, but his cosmology is rather mundane, run of the mill stuff, totally in line with mainstream science. His ontology, while more sophisticated than mainstream science, is nevertheless fundamentally in line with it too (entropy). I'm constructing an alternative metaphysical, cosmological and ontological system, which I may elaborate and expound upon soon, and which is well outside mainstream science. I have a feeling you and I will find we have a lot of common ground on which to stand, metaphysically, and perhaps in other areas. Neither of us are bound by scientism, the way Satyr fundamentally is.

I just wish my sinusitis wasn't so bad, it keeps me from thinking big thoughts (brain fog). I can cure it by detoxing from carbohydrates, my past addiction to carbs being the source of it, but it's exceedingly difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Æon wrote:
Cheers, I'll drink to that Diver.

Ignore Satyr, he presumes the worst about me, and will try to demonize you for associating with me.  Satyr is far past his prime.

His past is his prime as is ours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:06 pm

"Prime" in this case indicates a time when Satyr wasted his time on retards; spending far too much time on them, as if they deserved it, and taking them far too seriously, because, at the time, he was seeking like-minded individuals and they were his bait.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Divergence wrote:
Satyr's ontology is distinctive, and draws a lot from some German philosophy and Heraclitus, but his cosmology is rather mundane, run of the mill stuff, totally in line with mainstream science. His ontology, while more sophisticated than mainstream science, is nevertheless fundamentally in line with it too (entropy). I'm constructing an alternative metaphysical, cosmological and ontological system, which I may elaborate and expound upon soon, and which is well outside mainstream science. I have a feeling you and I will find we have a lot of common ground on which to stand, metaphysically, and perhaps in other areas. Neither of us are bound by scientism, the way Satyr fundamentally is.

But you will be bound by your common ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Divergense wrote:

We all go through different phases and stages, some more than others.

I'm a very cyclical person, I go through phases like the moon, negative, positive, antithesis, thesis, and synthesis.

When I was Lucis Trust, you and I probably had the most in common, in that we were both into constructing grand, optimistic counter-narratives, alternative metaphysical and sociological systems to the status quo.

I just wish my sinusitis wasn't so bad, it keeps me from thinking big thoughts (brain fog). I can cure it by detoxing from carbohydrates, my past addiction to carbs being the source of it, but it's exceedingly difficult.

My metaphysical positions are, as you've said, in-line with pre-Socratic Hellenic thinking - you can include it in an Indo-European/Aryan paradigm - which is not new but old and still superior to the Nihilistic, Parmenidean/Platonic, Judeo-Christian modern crap that is in vogue at this time.

I've never said I am offering something new, because I do not even believe in this concept of "newness", as it is another form of "absolute".
All that appears to be new is a product of a recombination, or repetition of what is already present.
We can say that something has been recombined in a different way, but not that its parts are new and unique.
Despite this, what is old and obvious is still denied, forgotten, turned away from...and for obvious psychological reasons.

I've been accused of pretending to present something unique, when, in fact, the opposite is true...and it connects to the Hellenic definition of "truth", which we westerners associate with the Romanized version - which Heidegger exposed - which is aletheia , and it literally means to dis-close, or to reveal, or to re-member.
In other words I am offering something known and forgotten, denied, dismissed, rejected, covered up - I am exposing the world which all have access to.
But as Orwell said...
Orwell, George wrote:
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
...and we, most certainly live in a nihilistic age of mass-deceit, where even the concept of 'nihilism' has been reversed in meaning

I am more of a socio-psychologist...because those are my basic interests: the human condition; how man thinks and why; how societies and cultures and ideals are invented and popularized and so on.

My analysis focuses on the culture of my time; and I explore the human condition as it manifests in modern times.
I am critical because in my time all is whitewashed, and Disneyfied, turned into a Hollywood production for mass consumption.
I try to demystify so as to dislodge the human psyche from the Nihilistic, life-hating, world-denouncing, feel-good delusions it is obsessed with, and reconnect it with something old, genuine, obvious,honest, natural; more reality-based mystification.

An anti-religious spirituality founded, in many ways, upon a pagan disposition towards life and existence.

I care not for changing the human race, or saving it, or dominating it...but only finding those few rare ones who stand out amongst the herd, and figuring out ways of preserving this forgotten lore before it's too late.  
I care not for rising in rank, or being the leader, or being liked, or being appreciated by the myriads of retarded psychologies out there - the only judgments I respect are those that have proven to be lucid, honest, courageous, and noble.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resignation

Back to top Go down

Resignation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2