Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

stargazer wrote:
I gotta get with the program, and start accommodating people's greed if i really want to feel good about myself. Gotta make more money. What the hell was i thinking, telling that bum he should get a job?
I'm so ashamed.

Why do you, automatically, assume greed? What if the person receiving the money will spend it on buying food for his/her children? I've seen videos like this where the person receiving the money breaks out into tears; many of these folks struggle to pay rent and put food on the table. I'm not saying we have some obligation to help them, but your quick response was a bit myopic.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Erik wrote:
stargazer wrote:
I gotta get with the program, and start accommodating people's greed if i really want to feel good about myself. Gotta make more money. What the hell was i thinking, telling that bum he should get a job?
I'm so ashamed.

Why do you, automatically, assume greed? What if the person receiving the money will spend it on buying food for his/her children? I've seen videos like this where the person receiving the money breaks out into tears; many of these folks struggle to pay rent and put food on the table. I'm not saying we have some obligation to help them, but your quick response was a bit myopic.

Look kid...

If you want any hope of understanding the current culture you live in, you have to gain a better grasp on fundamental observations, such as, why do people like loud music to soft music? why do females dress like sluts? or why giving someone one dollar as opposed to a hundred would evoke different reactions. Your feminine shaming tactic of presupposing some (to use the author of this threads term) "misfortune", is not the point and is meaningless.

If you care not to understand why you do something, than ask reasonvmotion on a date, you would have much in common with her. She already expressed interest in you earlier in the thread, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:53 pm

stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:
stargazer wrote:
I'm so ashamed.

Look kid...

If you want any hope of understanding the current culture you live in, you have to gain a better grasp on fundamental observations, such as, why do people like loud music to soft music? why do females dress like sluts? or why giving someone one dollar as opposed to a hundred would evoke different reactions. Your feminine shaming tactic of presupposing some (to use the author of this threads term) "misfortune", is not the point and is meaningless.

If you care not to understand why you do something, than ask reasonvmotion on a date, you would have much in common with her. She already expressed interest in you earlier in the thread, yes?

Usually, the people that receive the money in these types of videos are from the lower class. I'm not saying that they can't be greedy, or anything of that nature, but I'm sure it's not the intention of the giver to accommodate the receiver's greed. 100 dollars can, really, make a difference to these people. Economic poverty and misfortune go hand in hand, generally.

Reasonvemotion is like a wise mother to me. I don't desire her sexually.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 pm

stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:
stargazer wrote:
I'm so ashamed.

Look kid...

As it pertains to him, why he likes violent one-on-one sports, relating to why he comes here, would be enlightening.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Satyr wrote:
stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:
stargazer wrote:
I'm so ashamed.

Look kid...

As it pertains to him, why he likes violent one-on-one sports, relating to why he comes here, would be enlightening.

I'm here for the pussay  afro 

Hence the " Playa " title you gave me.
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:15 pm

That song.... Never again will I say/spell the word pussy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Erik wrote:

Even when you think not, you are still a playa.

Its all game for ya, in the most up-to-date sense.

The female version in an age of feminization....

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Satyr wrote:
Erik wrote:

Even when you think not, you are still a playa.

Its all game for ya, in the most up-to-date sense.

The female version in an age of feminization....

Is that how I, really, come off? Like Chingy? HA!

A Rico Suave type seems more appropriate:

Last edited by Erik on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:35 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
That song.... Never again will I say/spell the word pussy.

Neither shall I.

" Pussay " just sounds so catchy.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Don't they all wanna be a biatch?

Don't they all wanna be a nigga thug?

Learn how to live da "good life" from the niggas.
Do you deserve more?

Not in my eyes.

Even nigga's be hedonists.
No mo pain.

Last edited by Satyr on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm

I didn't know you liked Tupac, Satyr.  Go figure!

I can, actually, imagine you jamming out to his music back in the day.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Killuminati - The Assassination Of 2Pac...and then you have a dumb whigger, like shit-Stain, admiring TuPac and living a life with no principles, totally committed to the system, no sense of self, with his only dream to get out from the 'rat race'.

A stupid, mindless, idiot, who needs to hear this from a Nigga, and then not get it, other than the "thug life" Hollywood lifestyle shit.

Kovacs

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Anfang wrote:

Quote :
Someone is humble in his deeds, in his being;... maybe.

Like I said.

It is a very humbling experience, to give to a person, who is in dire need, for whatever reason.

The experience is universally so?
I see neither humility or pride as necessary reactions, but both seem to come up in people.
Why would one necessarily be humbled? What does giving to someone in need allow one to conclude about oneself? To be humbled by it seems strange to me, though I hear some people react this way. To think one is hot shit happens a lot and this generally is pretty loopy also. I mean if one came up with a very creative solutiont hat helped someone in dire need, there's a reason for some healthy pride. But if you have a lot of money and you give some to someone who has less you have done nothing more miraculous than holding in a fart until you reach the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:53 pm

From my own perspective, I speak of the people on my streets, (not the professional beggar) that do not have a place to go.   Anxiety, depression, fear are insuperable problems in the normal pattern of development for people and in the current economic climate, there are  undoubtedly a large number of people who are mentally ill, without a conventional home, on the streets permanently, confused, vulnerable to the elements and other people, it must be terrifying for them.   Think of the repercussions of having no money to treat a range of mental or physical problems. They go untreated.  

On second thoughts, I feeeeeeel  "a smug glow of self-congratulation", I am not on the streets, so why are you.

"Get a job, you lazy bum".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Egotism is humbling?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:24 pm

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good

Back to top Go down

Charity and Altruism: Have you ever done this?.....It feeeeeels really good
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2