Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Caution and Potential

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Caution and Potential Empty
PostSubject: Caution and Potential Caution and Potential EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:04 pm

For one who has a low probability of meeting his potential (genetic); if he realizes this and places much value on himself, he will live incautiously, as virtually his only chance at one day approaching that potential.
For one who has a low probability of meeting his potential; if he doesn't realizes this and/or doesn't places much value on himself, he may or may not live uncautiously.

For one who has a high probability of meeting his potential; if he realizes this and places much value on himself, he will live cautiously, so as to be unnecessarily reckless.
For one who has a high probability of meeting his potential; if he doesn't realizes this and/or places little value on himself, he may live or may not live cautiously.

Perhaps, despite not having an explicit knowledge of their potential or their probability of meeting it, many often have some form of intuitive knowledge of this, which makes them approach this issue as if they did have that explicit knowledge. There may have evolved in animals and later people, an instinct towards evaluating how far their phenotype is from meeting the average phenotype as was produced by their past kin.

It would be a form of fight/flight in a very broad sense of an animal's life. A certain restlessness or lack thereof, relating to whether they have or haven't developed physically and mentally (intelligence, maturity) as is natural for them to.

This is of course not referring to forms of potential is areas such as breeding, territory, allies and power, where the dynamic of drive and rest is more obvious.
Back to top Go down
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Caution and Potential Caution and Potential EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 7:50 am

Stuart. wrote:
For one who has a low probability of meeting his potential (genetic); if he realizes this and places much value on himself, he will live incautiously, as virtually his only chance at one day approaching that potential.

Such a low probability would always represent weakness relative to his kin and if he was a victim he would insist that this high risk life he's living is a strength whether his genetic potential was lower than most or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caution and Potential Caution and Potential EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

While I do believe people have innate potentials, I don't think the disparity is that significant. I'm not claiming people are born tabula rasa, but mostly our environmental conditioning forms how we are to be, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Caution and Potential Caution and Potential EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 am

So, the sum of all past nurturing is erased by a lifetime of nurturing?

Beautiful...

And these same people are against eugenics and social engineering.
Train a dog to behave like a human, or a cat, and you've erased evolution history...magically.

Nature determines potentials....nurture determines how much potential one fulfills.
Otherwise heterosexual reproduction would not be an advantage...and superfluous.  

Other than that...once emotional appeals are made, as a prerequisite to any intellectual exploration....the discussion has fallen into the feminine realm of personal feelings and tastes and hopes, and dreams and utopias and what ifs...an end, not a beginning of discourse.
Then we can share personal experiences and cry over how unjust the world is when children are abused, or die of cancer...or why some men are never chosen by females because they've inherited no genetic markers indicating health and potentials.

Best to return to ILP if you want to remain there, on that level.
Share how wealthy I am, and how many bitches I bed...and how pretty I think I am.
You know, bullshit.

I'm done with this one.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Caution and Potential Caution and Potential EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:42 am

Oh Satyr, stop that, you big meanie Very Happy You will come around eventually...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caution and Potential Caution and Potential Empty

Back to top Go down

Caution and Potential
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1