Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Awareness/Consciousness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Awareness/Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:35 am

Something strange happened to me last night. Upon awakening from a deep dreamless sleep, I had such mental clarity; it was so clear and calm that it seemed mystical, like hyper-consciousness. My subconscious and conscious mind were in perfect harmony, I was keenly aware of my surroundings, and the universe at large. For lack of better words, I felt one with the universe. It was a very sublime experience that lasted about 10 seconds, and then slowly, I slipped back into a normal, mundane state of consciousness.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm positive this state of mental clarity, or hyper-consciousness was brought on by my serene, dreamless sleep. I've had states of distinct mental clarity when meditating, but this was something on a whole different level. Some practitioners of Advaita Vedanta believe that the supreme state is in dreamless sleep.

Shri Ramana Maharshi wrote:
In dreamless sleep there is no world, no ego and no unhappiness, but the Self remains. In the waking state there are all of these. Yet there is the Self. One has only to remove the transitory happenings in order to realize the ever-present beatitude of the Self.

I haven't been meditating as much as I used to; I've been busy. But I plan on creating time for it again as I see it behooving my warrior training - getting in peak physical and mental condition for boxing.

And in regards to intellectualism, I think increasing one's awareness through meditation, sensory deprivation tanks, etc is something that all serious intellectuals should consider; I believe that increasing awareness/consciousness is more important than just absorbing information from books. An uneducated, but highly aware monk, in my opinion, would outwit an educated, but mentally fogged scholar.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 3:24 am

Erik wrote:
And in regards to intellectualism, I think increasing one's awareness through meditation, sensory deprivation tanks, etc is something that all serious intellectuals should consider; I believe that increasing awareness/consciousness is more important than just absorbing information from books. An uneducated, but highly aware monk, in my opinion, would outwit an educated, but mentally fogged scholar.

You sound like someone who would be more at home doing martial arts than boxing.

Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:13 am

A dreamless sleep ive heard is a result of having a good sleep where REM is not consistently stirred by unhealthy conditions...pain or noise. You complete a full cycle of sleep and end it where its supposed to end.. after your brain has sorted out all the previous days anxieties. This also happens during times of being just checked out emotionally.. like after you've cried immensely in grief. Or you have numbed your own own feelings in an attempt to stop the pain temporarily that you may be experiencing. Its like when you get hit hard and go into a sort of shock...that's been my experience with what you described. If I were to guess.. it has something to dowith short term memory. An empty slate in the 'databanks'. Because the moment you try to think; reason or discern anyhting you end up coming out of that state. It is said .. perhaps repeating myself... the brain resolves short term memory at night.. it decides what is worth storing and what to throw out during your sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:42 am

Recidivist wrote:
Erik wrote:

You sound like someone who would be more at home doing martial arts than boxing.

So it would appear.

I do enjoy the martial arts, too. I grew up watching Bruce lee, have many books about Jeet-Kune-Do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 am

Think he meant something more like this:

You know the serious kind. None of that dance shit, in which case the Brazilian version is definitely the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:43 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Think he meant something more like this:

You know the serious kind. None of that dance shit, in which case the Brazilian version is definitely the best.

Haha you are such a cheeky cunt, bloody bitch.

But no worries; I take into consideration my overestimation.

Remember the secret to success is to be one step ahead of your opposition.

What is that sound? A rea....A reaso......ah shit.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Didn't I say to treat authors as unknown?

Better to respond to the acutal points, not deflect, so as to not seem weak. To never defend by attacking. And then once in a while attack, attack, attack for it is what is best. 

Your ego death is just an even more retarded ploy, played on yourself!! From now on rephrase it as your grand ego protection. 

The other one had some kind of hint of decency. I am a misreader. But my idols are ideal.

Do not listen to the OP people. Meditation is just a regenerative process, regeneration from strain, no strain, no gain. 

Say spend 10hours straight on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hyper focused, completing everything, all to the very limit. Then every single day have no rest until you beat at least one highscore. This is how you grow, by letting reality crush you, over and over, day by day. 

Nothing quite like it. Feeling of weakness after accidental physical injury is..... SUPREME.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Here is an example of what I mean by the ideal meeting the real face to face...

One of them is rooted in reality...and has dedicated time, effort, sweat, blood tears towards adapting to it.
The other has done the same but totally disconnected from reality; an idealist, a romantic idiot....

The two meet.

In the modernistic sense the old delusional buffoon had a 'bad day' or was misguided and had to make adjustments to his technique...or was cute and must be protected from the vile brutality of the other.

Different context...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Why is this man "innocent"?
Did he not know the risks?
Did he not enjoy a lifestyle above and beyond the world average?
Was he not guided by some romantic idealism concerning his role and his place, and did he not choose to step outside of it?
Was he unaware about the quality of "humans" these fanatics were, and of his own quality in relation to them?

Was he "innocent", like those teenage girls that go to bars with mini-skirts and no underwear?
Was he free of accountability?
Was the world supposed to change to accommodate him?

Amongst his own, this journalist felt powerful, special, privileged, important like the old master in the vid.
There he was another moron they could decapitate like a pig.
Did the world give a shit?

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 8:40 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Didn't I say to treat authors as unknown?

Better to respond to the acutal points, not deflect, so as to not seem weak. To never defend by attacking. And then once in a while attack, attack, attack for it is what is best. 

Your ego death is just an even more retarded ploy, played on yourself!! From now on rephrase it as your grand ego protection. 

The other one had some kind of hint of decency. I am a misreader. But my idols are ideal.

Do not listen to the OP people. Meditation is just a regenerative process, regeneration from strain, no strain, no gain. 

Say spend 10hours straight on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hyper focused, completing everything, all to the very limit. Then every single day have no rest until you beat at least one highscore. This is how you grow, by letting reality crush you, over and over, day by day. 

Nothing quite like it. Feeling of weakness after accidental physical injury is..... SUPREME.

You are so sensitive, Blood. You are the one with the ego-mania, not me. You spazzed out when I mentioned that the original author of Beowulf is unknown. You insinuated that you had knowledge of the author, but when I asked you for his name, you never responded back. Coward! The oldest copy of Beowulf we have is the one preserved by Christian monks, but that doesn't mean they fuck'n created it!

If meditation is a waist of time, then sleep is a waist of time. You are too impulsive for meditation, that's why you dislike it.

Just admit it, Blood. You are my little bitch.

You just wait for the perfect time to pounce on my threads with your incoherent mind-fuckery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awareness/Consciousness Awareness/Consciousness Empty

Back to top Go down

Awareness/Consciousness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1