Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Cults

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm

John Perkins advocating a capitalist utopia - even progress for all, etc.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 1:31 am

That is quite a predicament, one that I am facing as well. I have a choice between:

1. A noble broad who deep down wants to destroy me.

2. A woman under the influence of a cult, that seeks to brainwash me and seeks to use her as a medium to do so.

Is there any logical choice here? Perhaps I will try my luck at the local watering hole.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
That is quite a predicament, one that I am facing as well. I have a choice between:

2. A woman under the influence of a cult, that seeks to brainwash me and seeks to use her as a medium to do so.

Is there any logical choice here? Perhaps I will try my luck at the local watering hole.

You deleted a topic.

Tell me more of the cult and the methods they used. Is this like that scientology church?

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:18 am

Lyssa wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:

You deleted a topic.

Tell me more of the cult and the methods they used. Is this like that scientology church?

The unification church, they are basically building a business empire out of Korea. I like some of the things they are doing, such as preserving the natural order between masculinity and femininity. It is hard to explain the way they manipulate you, but they tell you things indirectly so you feel like if you wanted to argue, you are arguing with your own decisions. They have a substantial following amongst some students at my university and even professors. Specifically, I'm not sure if I can trust a woman that is the member of a cult, woman are dangerous enough as it is when they are acting alone.

The group was noted for its brainwashing in the 1960's and 1970's. They do know how to use social psychology and other methods to ensure certain behaviors and responses. There are only two options, to close off your mind to those people or confront them about their intentions, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Sisyphus wrote:

Lyssa wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:

You deleted a topic.

The unification church, they are basically building a business empire out of Korea. I like some of the things they are doing, such as preserving the natural order between masculinity and femininity. It is hard to explain the way they manipulate you, but they tell you things indirectly so you feel like if you wanted to argue, you are arguing with your own decisions. They have a substantial following amongst some students at my university and even professors. Specifically, I'm not sure if I can trust a woman that is the member of a cult, woman are dangerous enough as it is when they are acting alone.

The group was noted for its brainwashing in the 1960's and 1970's. They do know how to use social psychology and other methods to ensure certain behaviors and responses.

I looked them up; looks like a state within a state and rabid NWO evangelism. Can you give an example of an argument that you found persuasive enough to shake one's beliefs? And what behaviours and responses do they expect other than typical obedience and loyalty like any other cult?

Quote :
There are only two options, to close off your mind to those people or confront them about their intentions, what do you think?

The latter was already tried I believe by some 'deprogrammers'. And that becomes a cult of its own. Like how Satyr explained rebels against the system ultimately become one more franchise of the very system; anti-cults spin off into a cult of their own.

I wouldn't blame someone else for my own mental weakness or lack of self-firmness. "Know Thyself"?

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Since we are all indoctrinate into a way of thinking and a way of approach the world (phenomena) we are essentially programmed to respond to phenomena with particular noetic automatic techniques.

A cult is the deprogramming of the old techniques so as to insert its own.
Christianity was once a cult and when ti became popular it became a religion a world-view, an established mode of (inter)acting within the world.
The difference between a "cult" and a "religion" is popularity.
Brainwashing, or training, educating, the individual is always part of it.

Modernity and its Nihilistic (anti-nature, anti-world, anti-reality) techniques is another mode of thinking and of approaching the world.
There are many other alternatives.
Each with its own motives, and its own morals, ideals, and attitudes towards everything.

Once a way of thinking has been programmed into a mind from birth, and the longer this mind remains programmed in that particular way of thinking, the harder it is to deprogram them, and offer an alternative.

With modernity (nihilism) motive is comfort and comforting, not for any altruistic reasons but for population control.
Larger social systems necessitate larger populations, which, in turn, necessitate, more soothing, placating, domesticating, all-inclusive, techniques.
Force will not work for long, when dealing with heterogeneous populations.
To achieve internal control (harmony, discipline etc.) a more subtle method (technique) is required.
The technique would require the manipulation of innate, evolved, already present (even fi denied) processes. Fear is a fundamental Part of human psychology.
Manipulating anxiety/fear to promote particular methods of thinking and behaving is part of what we call Modernity.
It is why "fear" is the first defensive assault used by moderns when confronted with alternative ways of thinking that threaten the one programmed into them.

Particularly amongst those who are alive not because of natural selection but due to social selection and sheltering, and those who have the most to lose from the loss of modern techniques, the "fear factor" is the central theme in their psychology and their reasoning, though they only see it in others.

Take the emotion of love.
It is no less a byproduct of anxiety/fear than hate is, and yet hate is routinely accused of fear but nobody explores how and why love evolved.
Consider the modern (re)actions to the mere mention of certain positions concerning race, or sex or homosexuality.
Having no reason, no reasoning, they fall back to the learned techniques, and they recite the same defensive assaults against a possibility that scares them, and that threatens their established, parroted, techniques.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Satyr wrote:
The technique would require the manipulation of innate, evolved, already present (even fi denied) processes. Fear is a fundamental Part of human psychology.  
Manipulating anxiety/fear to promote particular methods of thinking and behaving is part of what we call Modernity.
It is why "fear" is the first defensive assault used by moderns when confronted with alternative ways of thinking that threaten the one programmed into them.

Particularly amongst those who are alive not because of natural selection but due to social selection and sheltering, and those who have the most to lose from the loss of modern techniques, the "fear factor" is the central theme in their psychology and their reasoning, though they only see it in others.  

Take the emotion of love.
It is no less a byproduct of anxiety/fear than hate is, and yet hate is routinely accused of fear but nobody explores how and why love evolved.
Consider the modern (re)actions to the mere mention of certain positions concerning race, or sex or homosexuality.
Having no reason, no reasoning, they fall back to the learned techniques, and they recite the same defensive assaults against a possibility that scares them, and that threatens their established, parroted, techniques.  

So true.

With Xt., the dregs were already there; modern cults are a preying upon the most loosely attached to family, being a companion when "no one understands you", calming of fears, and effacing of the ego with "loving you for who you are" - a displacement of family and a sense of belonging.
Its the ones riding high on ideals and quick solutions to them - the belief that "an end can be put to problems" end up in these cults because low self-esteem already has them already convinced in the power of the majority and the energy of the movement - the euphoria and feeling that their lives have been worth it and are actually accomplishing something purposeful. Nihilism - someone or a cause with a goal waiting just for you to give meaning to your life... fear, existential solitude and something 'noble' and 'higher purpose' to fill the terrifying inner vacancy.

Secular Humanism is the biggest cult and how many intellectuals are convinced they are free-thinkers? We had a passionate scientologist on our own forum...

And how many deprogrammings and demystifications still perpetuate more cults and more myths in their 'awakening', the Nazi example as always:

Make it very trendy and "novel", then one can carry out dysgenics in the name of 'matchmaking by god' and keep them at a stunted level. A sort of pseudo-inbreeding or group-isolation...

And of course, postmodernity means no cult leader,,, the tone is unauthoritative experimental: "Why dont you try this?", "Have you thought of it this way?", "Do you want to try the red pill or the blue pill?" - the illusion of choice and free-will trumps.
Like fringe gatherings of "spontaneous" crowds and "flash-mobs", leaderless cults like MRA movement spread because of shared failures which is a shame according to status quo.
Vampirisms spread because of the predominant victim and shame cultures and attitudes.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Satyr wrote:
Since we are all indoctrinate into a way of thinking and a way of approach the world (phenomena) we are essentially programmed to respond to phenomena with particular noetic automatic techniques.

A cult is the deprogramming of the old techniques so as to insert its own.

Esp. when its propagandized that the rebel is cool when he hates his parents, his family, his society. Jesus' teaching and convince them of great hidden esoterism and make them feel like they alone are special enough to get the message. He's awarded the title of 'free-thinker' and 'brave challenger' and 'own individual', 'survivor', when he's made the most disinherited and rewarded with whatever hedonistic promises that comes at a great cost which he can never afford to acknowledge, given the investment and sheer time and energy that has already gone into it. They waft through this world existing like zombies and fragments of men.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 6:08 pm

What can be more cult-like than training a mind to not have confidence in its own sensual awareness, to hate its own blood, to despise nature/past, to consider emotions superior to reason, to apply empiricism selectively, to consider its own loyalties and affections so worthless as to claim that all deserve them, to be so schizophrenic that to say one thing while acting in a manner that contradicts it is considered healthy, to believe that it deserves things simply because ti was born, and born human, and so on....?

The brainwashing of (re)acting immediately and emotionally at the mere emotion of certain trigger words when the mind has no ability to justify or to explain this (re)action is a sign of a cult-like indoctrination.

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Satyr wrote:
What can be more cult-like than training a mind to not have confidence in its own sensual awareness, to hate its own blood, to despise nature/past, to consider emotions superior to reason, to apply empiricism selectively, to consider its own loyalties and affections so worthless as to claim that all deserve them, to be so schizophrenic that to say one thing while acting in a manner that contradicts it is considered healthy, to believe that it deserves things simply because ti was born, and born human, and so on....?

The brainwashing of (re)acting immediately and emotionally at the mere emotion of certain trigger words when the mind has no ability to justify or to explain this (re)action is a sign of a cult-like indoctrination.

The Moonie cult is strange in that it tells you to deny your parents and replace them with the 'true parents of humanity.' At the same time, they run Hitler-youth-like camps that promote Aristotle's values. Indeed, the moonies use emotion as a tool to manipulate people. However, I believe that one of tongil groups motives (the international financial conglomerate of the moonies) is trying to displace world zionism by boycotting Jewish business and manufacturers.

I doubt that I'll get duped again, but I won't let it go so easily next time.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 12:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 am

For practical purposes “cult” only has meaning in relation to the Abrahamic trio, and designates any spiritual practice which does not accept, at the very least, a few of the basic tenets of the triad, or any spiritual practice and belief remaining unpopular, on a level of popularity the triad exemplify.
This excludes Buddhism and Hinduism and many other spiritual approaches that cannot be called religions but fail to accept the basic tenets of Abrahamism, but remain at par, if not exceed in popularity the nihilistic trio.
From a naturalistic perspective – Paganism that is – cult might be defined in conflict with this established belief, leading to a sense of irony befitting this contradiction: cult is a spiritual practice that worships concepts in conflict with experienced reality, forcing the believers/followers to rely on “blind faith” (irrational criteria), or on deferring to authorities (proxies), which is a redirection of reference from the world to the man (establishment man), or from perceptible phenomenon to noetic construct with no external references.
This would expose the Abrahamic trio as satisfying the criteria for cult membership, with only their popularity remaining to taunt us with a question: why?
This question not that difficult to answer if you understand the appeal of cults.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:47 am

We can understand the agreement of conscious organisms on a particular belief – conception of probability – and the usage of metaphors to deal with what remains unresolved (mysterious), for here we have a common world, experienced empirically, through the senses, so an agreement here, a convergence of perspectives here, is logical, even predictable, what baffles the rational mind, if it does not take into consideration human fallibility, cowardice, stupidity, is how two, or more, individuals can come to a mutual conclusion on things none of them perceive, can point to, can prove, and/or justify.
This is where knowledge of what a cult is, comes in handy.
Exploitation of emotional, charismatic authority figures, a positive message even if totally divorced from reality, in fact more so if it is, all participate in creating these delusional beliefs, that begins as cults, and then develop kin what we now call religions.
The only spiritual beliefs that can be called “religions” are the trio of Abraham.
All the other spiritual practices, describing common relationships of man and nature, cannot be called religions, unless the Abrahamic trio does so to reduce them to its own level of Nihilism.
Because, if we simply believe that a “cult” is a group of people who hold as most probable what contradicts popular beliefs, and is controversial among the many then we’ve established stupidity, throughout historical time, as the standard for measuring possibility, and we’ve made intelligence bow before popular stupidity.
The honest definition of a ‘cult” would be any belief not founded no a common standard, other than human psychology and human mental fabrications, the world outside the mind.
This is where the irrational, manipulating cowardice, feeble mindedness, and ignorance, depends on maintaining the masses on that level, because if they rise above it the belief vanishes in air, having no other foundation but in the minds of imbeciles.
Being part of a majority fails to meet rational criteria for evaluating what is more probable than not.
Throughout history, Moderns of their time and place, believed in all kinds of absurdities; later debunked and replaced with new, “better” delusions.
This is not a method for measuring probability, it is a method of escaping the responsibility of your own judgment, and a method of overcoming your personal inherited genetic limitations.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: cult Cults - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 12:01 pm

With no external standard to unite minds in agreement, the cult relies on constructing an abstraction, so appealing, so soothing, and so attractive, as to draw the feeble and the needy.
Usually is comes in the form of some charismatic “leader”, with a nice face, a smile, and inspiring words/symbols emanating from him, or her.
But, in these times of American “individualism”, and cynicism, this can no longer have the effect it once did.
In a modern age modern methods are effective, which means that the form, the anthropic principle has to be replaced with a metaphor, an abstraction, a symbol, a word: an idol promising salvation, vibrating with positive energy, something to compensate for the lack of substance with numbers, with words, with warm bodies, converging upon the idol, that is not there, creating a corporeal layer that makes it “real”.

Sponsored content

Cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cults Cults - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cults
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: