Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Lyssa wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
Not caring, remaining unaffected, call it whatever you want, baby.

my munchkin... pet pet
*purs*
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 am

Just pulling your leg a little, dear.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 am

I think he is obsessed with ILP... what do you guys think? Hehe
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:

The Brazilian toff.

Blue-collarness is not an occupation, it's a mindset Wink
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Built on a life.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 5:38 pm

*gags*
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 8:34 pm

I have a bit of history with the moderatorship over there, as you know. Lots of temp bans, but still have my original handle somehow.

And no I do not consider myself a gendy type. You know my posting there has always been very different from my posting here, and from here to ilp as well. I cater to the audience Smile
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Jesus Christ...Satyr....What the fuck else is there to learn from these degenerates? I mean, if they are really as simple as you claim, then you should have been done with your homework years ago....

Seems more like some petty cover story for an even more petty obsession...
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Satyr wrote:
And so pleasure is the most primal experience with the Divine - connecting with God.
When we orgasm we cry "Oh God!"
A moment where need vanishes and consciousnesses under the effect of the endorphin rush has yet to become conscious of a new source of need.
In that moment the sensation of infinite gratification - paradise.
A mind with no purpose.
A mind liberated from the brain - pure noumenon.

The mind freed from its evolutionary purpose of dealing with the organism's needs.
A mind coming, as if, from nowhere, from nothing....no brain to upkeep.
Sensation with no motive.
Mind inebriated by this liberation, yet to be bored, as the satisfaction is ongoing.
It is taken over by it.

Aesthetic Wink
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 pm

I've explained a number of times that the concept of aesthetic doesn't deny need and function. It is simply a separate subject.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Aesthetic disinterest is simply the realization that there is no action required.

When you declare something to have a moral value, it follows that it should be pursued.
When you declare something to have an aesthetic value, there is no action to pursue, it is contemplative only. This is what's meant by aesthetics having a value in itself.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Do you seriously think I don't know why?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Satyr wrote:
I know...like science categorizes entire species or entire cultures or entire population groups.
Simply evil.

I suggest you teach scientists that they must deal with each individual bear or wolf or sheep before they dare come up with general behavioral and physical attributes.

A category, simpleton, indicates potential.
Genes establish it within parameters. Individuals and their nurturing are placed within these parameters, and the exceptions to the rule supports the rule and requires explanation.
You want to be comforted. You are not interested in seeing the world as it is.
So, instead of accepting categories you prefer to focus on the exceptions because this gives you hope that all categories are false and freedom reigns and the past has no determining effects on the present or the future.

This is particularly retarded, sorry, "ignorant" (one must be politically correct!).

As comforting as it might be to classify findings within a definite group based upon empirical observation, woe betide an anomaly!

Which is less intellectually dishonest? To explain away the anomalies to justify the generalisation or to exaggerate the anomalies in order to debunk the generalisation?
Neither is "scientific".

Scientists employ rules as helpful tools for the purposes of predictability - they are perpetually subject to falsification and thus in flux (I thought you were a Heraclitan?) - in order to refine the grouping if need be in order to further knowledge. Exceptions are particularly useful in order to justify the re-evaluation of previous hypothetical abstract models. The groups neither concretely existed nor didn't exist, they were a template superimposed upon a world that can be thought of as both following rules or breaking them - depending on your purposes.

Consider yourself educated.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:49 pm

I was just trying to get them to argue with one another dear, nothing else to it.
He didn't take the bait, anyway Smile
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Isn't this fun?

fist bump... anyone?

alright... alright

Wink
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Almost as if Wink
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Why do you want to know what I think?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:37 pm

You will pardon me for denying you the pleasure of writing me off, won't you?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Tears of sadness, or laughter?

Anyway, see you when I see you, dear.

Tchau tchau
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Satyr wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is what self-described MENSA emmbers, and individuals who claim to socialize with scholars, and well-connected, successful intellectuals, and, personally, claim an IQ of 160 have to offer on a, hypothetical, philosophy forum.

You might find this tidbit of inside information pleasing. Having discussed and/or witnessed many a discussion exclusively amongst other Mensa "emmbers" - nice pun, I haven't noticed much, if any difference in opinion, introspection or even insight. Whilst, of course, the reasoning is generally distinguishable from your average and lower end samples in terms of intelligence: the denial is the same, the susceptibility to propaganda and even to fallacies is the same - all traditionally human weaknesses.

You would do better to be more informed of that of which you speak. I depart unto you this report for both our sakes. I grow weary of your passive-aggressive strikes against those you fear may be perceived as above you, and I'm sure you would appreciate the release. You're looking for something that isn't necessarily there. Your average Mensa member will delight in word-play and information manipulation, but there are apparently other more significant factors that contribute toward philosophical ability and creativity. Not to say that intelligence plays no part, of course it does - but perhaps you overestimate the difference between the philosophically gifted intellectual and the top 2% in IQ. What you ought to be in awe of is philosophical genius, to which IQ is by no means particularly correlated. This is probably as rare amongst Mensans as it is amongst everyone - although if the specimen of higher IQ is philosophically inclined, it will probably be of higher standard than one with lower IQ.

Your criterion is flawed: "high IQ therefore perceived philosophical superiority? yet it is anecdotally non-superior therefore high IQ ought to be disregarded".

I happen to be philosophically adept and of high IQ, but all you will find from me on this forum is the occasional convincing, founded and eloquent critique. The fact that I am verbally adept is not exactly representative of my intelligence or my philosophical capability, more perhaps of a mental compensation against years of not being able to sufficiently explain myself - a confessional, I'm sure you will forgive. I am philosophically gifted for other reasons and you would find more evidence for this in a rational environment: not here or ILP. This place is an outlet for attitude and snappy responses. A useful and cathartic pursuit, I know. It's mixed with some insights, but nothing that has ever particularly grabbed my attention. To ILP, you like to revel in your desire for revenge, not against their ability but against their circumstantial power over you. It's a philosophical hub of some prominence as far as the internet goes, and you aren't welcome there. You feel an injustice. So vent, if that pleases you. You have an envy of the upper class intellectual, not the Mensan. You see power in their delivery, particularly as portrayed on film. You aren't that, though have some of that - to you I would recommend seeing past your perceived inadequacies and admitting what you are, whatever that is. All I can tell you is that which you are not. If you want peace with yourself of course. And I don't believe you do. So carry on...

I will do you the occasional favour because whilst you're no match for me, I relate to you to an extent. And I wouldn't be much of human if I didn't want to save myself. Don't expect to see our best unless you show you are worthy. If this really was what you sought, it's your attitude, not your ability that holds you back.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Satyr wrote:
By the gods, Imbesil, you must stop trying so hard to appear like more than what you are.
I know you are full of shit simply by studying your pattern of participation on ILP and the quality of your posts.
Passive aggressive is in your choice of monikers...like a nigger calling himself nigger to disarm the other of the word.

If this is the type of thinking you MENSA types can offer, then I suggest you return to ILP where your group congregates to appear like no more than retards....
You geniuses are so tricky.  
You are all like self-declared Olympians who gather at the park to run 10 minute miles and to perform no better than they do in the Special Olympics.
Wearing the gear, the fancy running shows and flashy clothes as if you could run faster but you choose not to.

At least 2 MENSA members, one idiot who has the pretentiousness to claim an IQ of 160, one moron who has cured cancer with numerology, another who once said his thesis solves the universe, and a Jew who has taken Spinoza, changed the words around and presented it as a new philosophy for us ignorant laymen.

Tricky geniuses you all are....
You act like simpletons but you are holding out on us below-average folk.

My 88 IQ cannot understand you geniuses.

By the way...your kind has told me they grow weary, bored, indifferent so many times it has become a joke.

Not quite sure to what pattern you are referring - tell me when my last ILP post was, please? I forget. But no! I spent a great many years posting there, I will not deny - and not once was I banned, so I must have been doing something wrong.... I learnt a lot about online attitudes. One or two things about philosophy over the years but not a lot. We took different approaches, whose was more beneficial?

And I enjoyed the hypocrisy of your calling out my moniker, thank you.

So you're looking for IQ elites to perform philosophical miracles. More likely than duller contestants as I said, but you don't know what you're looking for. No wonder you're confounded! I don't believe for a second that you're an 88 in IQ, more like 112. If your messiah really did turn water into wine before your eyes, would you be affected? Again, it's your attitude that holds you back. Even the most intelligent specimen with a bad attitude won't get far.

There's only so many times you can say you're sure of not seeing the proof. I'm sure you don't. I'm even more sure you haven't figured out why you've not seen it. And anyone can say that about you. You're tired of people saying they're tired of you - which came first? Did no one break the cycle yet (how tedious)?
You don't know what you're expecting to see, you don't even know how to see something you didn't expect. If you did, no doubt "it was something you had already seen", and because of some explanation you already knew that could explain it.
Stop pretending you would still know how to receive your betters, before asking for them.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm sorry I cause you so much distress, Satyr. It's not my intention. Yes, insisting on your qualifications can be a sign, a tell that you are wishing to sound grander or more convincing than you are. Your approach to this possibility is to concentrate on this possibility, exaggerate it even - ironically to make the association you're trying to make more convincing than it is.

I can use a quote from Schopenhauer to express my attitude towards modesty: "With people of limited ability modesty is merely honesty. But with those who possess great talent it is hypocrisy". Your first instinct, perhaps, might be to accuse me of unoriginality, jumping on the back of quotes by those who have proven greatness. I just prefer to say what is when it is true, even if it is immodest to do so. I kill two birds with one stone by doing this, my attitude is fresh and outstanding in a world currently bound by a fear of exceeding one's place and being judged as arrogant, and I feel fresh in my willingness to speak more truth than others dare. It's not genius, but it transcends our "culture's and time's mythologies" in just another small but worthwhile way. It seems you have a somewhat unrealistic standard of what qualifies as doing this sufficiently. A genius isn't a fountain of originality, endlessly gushing life-changing revelations, but they have the ability to maybe create something unprecedented once or twice, perhaps even many times. Our individualistic culture and time certainly has a soft spot for the kind of hero you're expecting, a mythology to which you are quite content to endlessly conform - not least so that you can vent your frustrations when you never find it.

My gift to you was to remind you that you're not going to be suddenly blown away by some guy who just so happens to grace your presence with their new and mind-bendingly brilliant philosophy. And I'm afraid that an environment of passive-aggressive resentment, such as has been cultured here, is even more unlikely to grant you this wish that you don't really want to be granted anyway. Nor is it likely going to occur around ILP types. Genius needs the right environment within which to bud and grow. If you really did want to witness it, be part of it, or even be it, you'd change your attitude. And your forum. (But you won't need to find any secret temple).

I didn't go to ILP to be safe, but I found a certain degree of safeness served my purposes. There is always something to be drawn, and I drew it. And then I left. You insisted there was nothing to be drawn in order to prove yourself right in your own mind when you drew nothing. Such were your purposes and you achieved them. What you lack in IQ you make up for in persistence and conviction in your own particular brand of Nihilism. You always seemed so interested in patterns, I still find it strange that you have a lower than average IQ. But then I was never quite sure how such a person would come across, just as you are misguided in what you are expecting from someone with a high IQ. If you are to be consistent with your normal methods, no doubt you will learn nothing from this lesson, just to prove to yourself that there is nothing to IQ and that you are as high as you always needed to think of yourself as.

I like symmetry, to both Satyr and Stuart. It pleases me. When there is nothing valuable to me to be lost from enjoying it, and occasionally when there is, I will enjoy it. It's not genius to add and subtract 12 from 100. Nor is it numerology. And it's not genius to leave ILP on 2999 posts. Just to clarify, I did that in order to allow for a certain degree of symmetry in my posting over time, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The forum was being overrun by trolls of the KT type when I left and it was time for me to move on. Looks like I should have returned around June last year to keep the symmetry going, ah well. I do a great many normal things. A great many. But that's not all I do. Of course these are just words to you, and no doubt they will remain as such. Like I said, genius emerges in the right company. I am satisfied, you are not. You'll forgive me if I sleep just as well as I always do tonight. You can accept what I've given or reject it, up to you.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:02 am

You're both entirely right, my apologies to both of you. Thanks for showing me.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Satyr wrote:
Keep that genius safely hidden, boy....because if you expose it to someone like Satyr you might get hurt.

You'd have to have something on me to hurt me. Keep trying. Thanks for your gift.

Much obliged, Lyssa. Everyone likes to be told they're in the right, do they not? Smile

What are the chances I didn't make the very first post on Humanarchy, I wonder? Yes, I am an Experientialist.

I'm sorry to hear about your Alzheimer's, Recidivist. It's such a shame to read the latest posts of a once intellectual giant of world renown and eternal significance, such as yourself, and having to witness such clear evidence of your own wasting mind first hand. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 am

By the gods!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Words, Clarice, words unattached to any correlation to the real are nil/nihilistic.

A favorite method of the modern is to sever, castrate the connection to the idea(l)/object(ive).

A return to a blank slate, an amorphous paste of uniformity, where there is no contiguity at all with the idea(l)/object(ive).

Carly is the perfect example;

This modern, this (pro)gressive wishes to wash away any notion of racial differentiation;

" We are all one " is the popular mantra of today.

In a world, where (man)animals are castrated from their past and sheltered from nature's cruel ways, we witness the birth of these turds, who seek to level hill and mountain with their nauseating equality.

A War Like No Other
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 1:29 pm

I don't intend to be uncouth, but I will interject with a not so humble opinion:

I think it's very revealing how Lyssa has chosen to respond to her being banned from ILP;

that forum is very lame...

The way Lyssa has responded to this whole situation reeks of petty indignation and an inability to just let go.

I can't begin to imagine what her ex-boyfriends had to go through, when they broke up with her...

Anyways, I still do believe her being banned from there for simply posting quotes from Satyr is ridiculous; but it's starting to become even more ridiculous how she is clinging to petty resentment issues and lashing out, like a very bitter little girl.

I think the other more intelligent and reserved members of this forum recognize this and are a bit taken back by her behavior.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Camus666 wrote:
Jesus, it's like a fucking soap opera here! Wink

It's the greatest...drama...in the cosmos.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Lyssa wrote:
The thing about posting Looooooooooooooong citations, is that, it serves as a selective mechanism to My criteria...   those who are sincere and thirst for knowing will gulp it up, and those who cant be bothered will be separated away, like wheat from chaff, like the dishonest from the sincere, like shite from gold... and at the end of the day, the true alchemical artist is only concerned with finding and making her philosopher's stone, her pure rose-gold, the most passionate lovers of her certain hue..

I am not here to make it easy on anyone... as if.

The zits of the world can remain in their puddle of mud and fantasize about their impotency. Who cares.

Lys is on point here.

I admit that I was one of the many, who used to pull her hair about posting quotes.

But if one is passionate about knowledge, then it shouldn't matter if the information is in the form of a quote or not.

Lys reads some nice books; we should be more appreciative towards her for that and take advantage of the information she shares with us.

It would also be nice if Perpetualburn made some threads with citations from what he reads.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:41 am

Lyssa wrote:
How eagerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr she is, almost salivating to fit and adjust me in this position as if I were hanging to justice from the tribunal of the commons...

She can feel my tears and my cries...

Just the thought of it excites her.

Our relationship began so tongue-in-cheek... do we need to fro-lick any further, luv?!

Babe, seriously, just let it go.

About 95 percent of your posts have been dedicated to this petty ordeal.

You have passion, there is no doubt about that, Lys. Sublimate this energy into a thread, an educational thread, like the Chivalry one.

You are wasting your time and energy on banality.

This is a philosophy forum, Lys...not twitter, nor facebook...not Jerry Springer.

We want to see you make more posts, like the one you made about Medusa.

I'm telling you this, not to pull your hair; but because I care, we care ( the serious members of KTS ) about you and know you could be focusing on something much better.

This may not sink in right away, but perhaps when you awake from a good sleep, once the hissing snakes silence, you will realize what I am saying here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forums - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next