View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 11:42 am

Refusing to anchor words in reality is how Desperate degenerates evade being exposed as hypocrites and retards.
They can pretend they know after the fact, finding the reference that 'proves it'.
most refuse to even use the dictionary as a reference and limit - a conventional noetic anchor - because they want to diminish language, stripping words of meaning, hopnig they can escape reality in this way, but some do accept the dictionary, as a Christian use Biblical text - minds of the book, by the book, for the book -  because there they can conveniently find multiple definitions for the same term to obfuscate and escape.

Words must be anchored in reality, when possible - or used as mediating anchors between noumenon and phenomenon - the abstraction and the apparent.
Those that refuse to do so, expose their ulterior motive and their 'bad faith' - lack of intellectual integrity; their shameless degeneracy.
Many words that are now used to confuse and hide and cultivate obscurantism, can be anchored in real, observable, testable, falsifiable actions and behaviours, i.e., interactions.  

But Desperate Degenerates are not suing language as a connector, a tool, but as a toy, an escape, a distraction - pretending to be interested in reality, when all they want to do is escape it into their own private subjective alternate reality.  

See how they justify 'the concept of 'absolute'?
That's typical.
They do the same with 'race', 'love', 'morality', 'free', 'will', 'god'...all words that can be connected to the observable empirical world - that can be made empirical and part of the scientific method - but they are not interested....because they are hypocrites and cowards.

For them language is a form of mental-masturbation, reflecting their sexual degeneracy; their impotence and incompetence.
Should we be surprised by the fact that, most often than not, these types are Magian Abrahamics and Marxists?
That's why these nihilistic doctrines became popular among the masses, the majority of mediocre minds; seducing the young, the ill, the desperate, the inferior, the average wanting to stand apart, or to gain power through association.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Words anchored not arbitrarily, according to subjective motives and whims, but objectively, upon activities, behaviours all can perceive not only among humans populations but among other big-brained, social species, escaping the influence of human societies and ideologies.

For example, morality can be anchored to a set of behaviours shared by more than a few species - with evolutionary functions, from reproduction to social cooperation.
The line cannot be broken, where one definition contradicts the previous one, but all must work in tandem, harmoniously, cohesively.
Then we can debate which theory explains the observable behaviours the best - falsifiable - and which incorporates more observable phenomenon into its explanation, without losing cohesion.

otherwise we'll be debating the most simple shit, until we die....but that's what some want.
No resolution.
Nil, once more, is the weapon.
Negation of all, so that the void - chaos in the ancient-Greek sense - is returned to and maintained indefinitely.
Negation for the sake of negation - Nil as God, has replaced, for some degenerates, the one.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Free does not mean absolute freedom as desperate degenerates insist, no more than power is defined as omnipotence.
Will does not imply a divine god, no more than knowledge means omniscience.

All is contingent.
freedom means choice. A wilful agency choosing, penitentially, and through this choosing participating in the determination its future.

Degenerates are so immersed in Abraham Nihilism that they cannot conceive of any concept without evoking the absolute.
Another example of how the nil - absent absolute - is used to evade some uncomfortable facts....like responsibility.
No, they are not 'victims' of curvaceousness. They participate in the deterioration of their won future, as free agencies, as intentional agencies....although for some I wonder if they are not passive, feminine vegetables, enduring their fate.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:44 pm

It does not matter how degenerates have applied words in the past.
Degenerates ought not defensively complain about how degeneracy affects them.
They are not the solution, they are the problem.

If thy practice absolutism then they should not complain when it bites them in the arse. if they wilfully convolute language, then if this confusion turns agaisnt them then it's their fault. If they promote a vague application of words, then if this is exploited agaisnt them then they should not bitch.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:52 pm

The idea that everything is both determined but also subjective, defies all reason.
it's one of those conundrums we can blame the mental disease for, because we certainty cannot blame the desperate degenerate. He's forever "innocent", and irresponsible, and cynical about it.

We can blame the faceless universe - no not God - absolute order.
All is part of an inevitable plan, and we are but minions going along. We have no input. We are passive...yet, t the same time, able to create alternate realities in our head.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Bringing the words 'down to earth' denies 'free' and 'will' - any word that can be anchored - from being used and abused by Desperate Degenerates as masturbation toys, feeding their sexual obsessions/addictions, masking as moral imperatives.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 1:02 pm

For instance, if you fail to properly define and understand 'race', using language to dismiss the concept as a social construct, then if it eventually produces a negative effect upon your life should not be blamed on society, or the some other or 'systemic racism'.

If, based on your flawed judgement you accept the conventional positions that there are no races and all differences are the product of nurturing, you CHOOSE to marry and have children with a Negro then if the child fails to compete academically but excels athletically, should not be blamed on systemic racism, or some conspiracy.
The responsibility is entirely yours.
It is your flawed mind, using flawed judgements - because you were convinced by conventional beliefs - that manifested in the outcome.
You are free to choose as you like but you should not expect me, or anyone else, to then stand in as the accused because you want to remain innocent.

It's simple really...all judgements are based on an interpretation of reality. This is never perfect - some are more and some are less accurate.
every mind judges its environment and itself in relation to it....some are more and some are less precise - some under-estimate self, or under-estimate environment, others over-estimate self - the most popular due to psychological defensiveness - or over-estimate environment.

Nobody is ever absolutely accurate...not even the icons and idols you worship.  
Jesus or Nietzsche; your daddy momma or yourself.
All is an approximate - superior and/or inferior.
This applies to all concepts....including freedom and will, including truth and the very idea of an absolute.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Quote :

free·dom
/ˈfrēdəm/
noun
noun: freedom

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
   "we do have some freedom of choice"
   synonyms: right to, entitlement to; More
   privilege, prerogative, due
   "the law interfered with their freedom of expression"
       absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.
       "he was a champion of Irish freedom"
       synonyms: independence, self-government, self-determination, self-legislation, self rule, home rule, sovereignty, autonomy, autarky, democracy; More
       self-sufficiency, individualism, separation, nonalignment;
       emancipation, enfranchisement;
       historicalmanumission
       "a national revolution was the only path to freedom"
       antonyms: dependence
       the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.
       "the shark thrashed its way to freedom"
       synonyms: liberty, liberation, release, emancipation, deliverance, delivery, discharge, nonconfinement, extrication; More
       amnesty, pardoning;
       historicalmanumission;
       raredisenthralment
       "the prisoners made a desperate bid for freedom"
       antonyms: captivity
       the state of being physically unrestricted and able to move easily.
       "the shorts have a side split for freedom of movement"
       the state of not being subject to or affected by (a particular undesirable thing).
       noun: freedom from; plural noun: freedom froms
       "government policies to achieve freedom from want"
       synonyms: exemption, immunity, dispensation, exception, exclusion, release, relief, reprieve, absolution, exoneration; More
       impunity;
       informalletting off, a let-off;
       rarederogation
       "they want freedom from local political accountability"
       antonyms: liability
       the power of self-determination attributed to the will; the quality of being independent of fate or necessity.
       synonyms: scope, latitude, leeway, margin, flexibility, facility, space, breathing space, room, elbow room; More
       license, leave, free rein, a free hand;
       leisure;
       carte blanche
       "patients have more freedom to choose who treats them"
       antonyms: restriction
       unrestricted use of something.
       "the dog is happy having the freedom of the house when we are out"
       archaic
       familiarity or openness in speech or behavior.
       plural noun: freedoms
       synonyms: naturalness, openness, lack of reserve/inhibition, casualness, informality, lack of ceremony, spontaneity, ingenuousness
       "I admire her freedom of manner"

If I were a desperate Douche-bag...I mean Degenerate, I could play around with the dictionary definitions of 'freedom', not really interested in clarifying, but in obscuring so that my won degeneracy were left hidden.
I called this the see-saw strategy.
Sometimes using one definition, then another - sometimes mystifying the word, at other times reducing it to nonsense.

If I lacked intellectual integrity I would rather disconnect the word from the observed,  and the falsifiable.
If I didn't have courage and honesty I would google one 'expert' then another, searching for a definition that suits my motive....which would be to ridicule and negate.
I could do the same with every single word I found threatening to my concealment, or to my fragile ego.

See the word must be anchored I the real, or it remains a toy - an inflatable doll for little boys, a vibrator for little girls.
But few have intellectual integrity and courage...and that is why the term 'philosopher' is also much abused and corrupted to accommodate the mediocre and the ill.

Quote :
will
/wil,wəl/
verb
modal verb: will

expressing the future tense.
   "you will regret it when you are older"
       expressing a strong intention or assertion about the future.
       "come what may, I will succeed"
   expressing inevitable events.
   "accidents will happen"
   synonyms: have a tendency to, are bound to, have a habit of, do
   "accidents will happen"

So a mind desperate to appear smart when he's a moron will change which reference, to a sacred text, he will use when caught with his pants down.
What is for certain is that he will show no interest in objective reality....but only desperately try to preserve his subjective 'truth'.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 4:07 pm

What were words originally used for?
As nouns to name phenomena found in the environment.
Later verbs evolve to describe movement, change....an artistic way of representing fluctuation and interactivity.

Later they were also used as metaphors, or to express the hidden, the personal, the private.

It is quagmire of the last where desperate degenerates are trapped, desperately wanting to trap the entire world.
I want to return the words to their origins, when and if this is possible, so that charlatans and hypocrites are no longer effective.
I want to retake language from the hands of those who have hijacked it, in order to manipulate and exploit.
I want to disarm cowards and emasculated men-children....take away their rubber weapons, and expose them as what they truly are.

So far...so good.
Most run, and ignore me....others cannot help but return, to receive their medicine.

Ta, Ta,

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 am

Attraction/Repulsion = both words that describe interaction., one approached from the 'negative' (repulsion) and the other from the 'positive' (attraction); both words describe a degree of harmony/disharmony between two, or more, energies - patterned (ordered) and random (chaotic).
If we conceptualize energy as vibration/oscillation, with a particular frequency and acceleration, then attractions describes higher degree of harmony, and repulsion lower degree of harmony.
Placing it within Heidegger's context of space=possibility, and matter/energy = probability, then attraction describes a low friction, manifesting in smaller spatial possibilities (movement towards), and repulsion describes high levels of friction, manifesting in larger spatial possibilities (movement away).
Of course Desperate Degenerates will indulge in their favourite cognitive sport (masturbation) of anthropomorphizing this process, and ascribe to it terms that imply an intent, or a conciousness.
For example, they may call attraction a manifestation of 'universal love,' and repulsion of 'universal hatred,' insinuating an approach towards a unity of oneness, in the fist case, and a distancing towards infinite distances, in the second.
The forces of attraction/repulsion require the corruptive effect of anthropomorphism - but even if they are used as an artistic tool to help the mind conceptualize the allegories they produce ought not to be taken literally, but as representative.  
What is more in harmony - in tune - produces less friction (melody);what is less in harmony - out of tune - produces more friction (dissonance, noise).
As there is no absolute, all relates in degree of attraction/repulsion, manifesting in cosmic tension.
An organism experiences this cosmic tension - as belonging to the existent - as need/suffering.

God, as defined by Magian/Abrahamic dogmas (nihilistic), describes an end of existence, in a theoretical singularity (absolute, one); Satan, as defined by Magian/Abrahamic dogmas (nihilistic), describes an end of existence, in a theoretical void (absolute, nil).
Order/Chaos

If we keep in mind that an organism is an ephemeral unity (amalgamation) of multiple patterns of energy (types of matter/energy) then we can understand how even within an organic unity there is some degree of tension.
What we call organic 'aura' - life force - is a description of the sum-total of internal attractive/repulsive energies, manifesting in a magnetic field of effect.
An organism, like a planetary body, has its own magnetic field of effect, extending beyond its fluctuating physical boundary, i.e., skin. An 'energy field' with its own resonance - product of the combined interactions of the matter participating in its organic unity.
This is often called 'spirit' and produces multiple paranormal confusions.
As such, every organism is sending energy data into its surrounding environment - it is interacting - even if it is not consciously aware of it. it's internal 'mood' at any given moment, is projected outward via its 'aura'.
This often produces the delusion of an external will controlling the organism's fate.
Language, for organisms such as the homo sapient is also a projection of internal states, only they are intentional and consciously controlled, to some degree. Often, the sub-text carries data the mind did not consciously intend to share, but for the most part language is a cosnciuos projection of inconspicuous intent.
Sensitivity to organic aura, and to sub-texts, may produce a contradiction between what is intentionally projected - mostly through language/semiotics - and what is unintentionally projected. Women, especially, have evolved a sensitivity that they cannot fully justify - they feel a dissonance, or a resonating energy (intuition), emanating from individuals; harmonics of intended and unintended organic data exchanges.

The previous corresponds to the triangulation of Body/Nervous System/Mind.
Body is the source of unconsciousness aura; mind is the source of conscious semiotics; nervous system is their synthesis and transmitter, source of resonating harmony/disharmony.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 7:53 am

Vidal, Gore wrote:
As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too. Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate, action: you liberate a city by destroying it. Words are to confuse, so that at election time people will solemnly vote against their own interests.

Vidal, Gore wrote:
A current pejorative adjective is narcissistic. Generally, a narcissist is anyone better looking than you are, but lately the adjective is often applied to those ‘liberals’ who prefer to improve the lives of others rather than exploit them.
Apparently, a concern for others is self-love at its least attractive, while greed is now a sign of the highest altruism. But then to reverse, periodically, the meanings of words is a very small price to pay for our vast freedom not only to conform but to consume.
Another apparent is found in how ‘altruism’ often hides the most profound forms of egotism and exploitation.
How one ‘improves the lives of others’ is often determined by the one generous enough to offer help. His generosity buys him the ‘right’ to impose his own vision of ‘improvement’ upon the one who receives.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 11:08 am

For further analysis into how prose and poetics are sued to seduce and manipulate the trembling human spirit, in the throws of anxious anxiety, read an essay by H.L. Mencken titled High and Ghostly Matters.

In it he uncovers the Old and New Testament poetics as the 'highest', according to his estimation, poetics, that still have a profound effect on human conciousness - even among non-believers.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 am

Women and children are most susceptible to the intoxicating effects of language, often used allegorically, spinning webs of seductive imagery, spicing-up their mundane lives.
In an age of Feminization - and a coming Dark Age - the emasculated man-child can be included as the most vulnerable to its lyre-string tautness being caressed by a languid tongue, releasing its tensile potentials.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 11:18 am

Anchoring words in reality separates nutritional substance from the spices used accentuate its enjoyment, or to mellow its gamy harshness.
Most of all it distinguishes the main-course from the dessert that is to follow, i.e., distinguishing physics/physis - metaphysics/techne.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 6:39 pm

When you want to teach someone how to fish, you use the tangible- Each word referring to something real.
You teach him how these different patterns inter-relate, and how they both, in unison, relate to the world.
You teach him a bit about how fish think - their behaviour, what kinds of food they like - each different fish with its own particularities.
You teach him generalities, and then gradually, you focus these generalities to increasingly focused objectives.

If you want to give someone fish, training him to acquire a taste for it so that he will become dependent upon you for all the fish he will ever eat - manipulating and exploiting him with a seeming first gesture of generosity, then you are keeping him dependent upon you.

But what if you want to completely dominate them, mind and body?
Then you will train him to acquire a taste for artificial fish, ideological fish, with no nutrition, but with an emotional appeal.
Well, then you will turn him into a zombie, unable to fish or to eat fish, but only to speak its name, as if it were a magical power - able to feed infinite minds with the scribbling of symbols on parchment. A tiny sliver of paper, with the word 'fish' written on it; later replaced with stone, plastic, and in time the sound of the word itself would be enough.
Mental fish would all he know and crave. The idea of them would suffice.

Slaughtz

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 5:07 am

Kindness, as a word, is more than mere deference. Kindness is an association - identification. To the modern moron, they cannot conceptualize kindness as an obligation for violence. They would even doubt that it is a kindness to move a child out of a vehicle's way, as it is "involuntary physical contact". As such, they feel no protective instinct; they only 'virtue signal' about 'kindness to other'; and is it any wonder why their supposed 'diverse' benefactors resent them? They only protect 'underprivileged' as a method of ensuring their own identification with prevailing power. It is not an identification out of honesty, but wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 5:06 pm

The subjective becomes a licence to define words arbitrarily - rejecting the very necessity to ground words, and with them the concepts they refer to, within the real world, i.e., the observable, testable and falsifiable.
for a desperate degenerate words become magical tool so of escape, or meaningless symbols of human folly, not because they are so, but because he cannot exist in a world where this is not so.
Whereas words can and are anchored on observable phenomena, by all who are honest and have intellectual integrity, for the Desperate Degenerate, no word is to be permitted to be anchored...so that even words that were once self-evident are no longer so.        
The motive is not to see reality, but to blind all to it, so that the Desperate Degenerates own self-induced blindness is not so obvious.

The Desperate Degenerate will arbitrarily define terms, with no argument and reasoning, and then justify its own subjectivity as being a universal truth.
Any word can be corrupted and rendered meaningless, in this way.
Detach, from its reference points in reality, arbitrarily redefine the term, and then subjectively declare it so - justifying it by accusing all of doing the same thing.
A self-defensive method that becomes a universal law, evading the necessity for reasoning, evidence and justification.
The absence of absolute then becomes a way of sweeping aside all evidence, reasoning, arguments, because they fail to attain the absolutist standard, thusly preserving the universality of the previous practice.

The motive is to pull the world - i.e., humanity - down to a level the Desperate degenerate can feel comfortable in, or one where its own deficiencies can disappear in a sea of meaningless uniformity.
The nil is a wrecking-ball destroying everything into a fine powered of deconstructed nonsense.  The goal is not to make sense, it is to reduce all to nonsense, and in this way theoretically "escaping" natural order in the cloud of dust.

A hypocrites and cowards way out of a personal dilemma.

Even the most rational, empirical, concepts can be theoretically destroyed, so that the mind does not have to deal with their implications.

Words intentionally defined in arbitrary ways, so as to demonstrate that all words are used in this manner by all....when they are not.
No superior theory is presented because the motive is not to clarify and to perceive what is more probable, but to reduce all to an improbability.
Words void of substance, sued to demonstrate how all words are void of content, when compared to an absolutist standard...a presumption of an absolute that is nowhere in evidence.
The underlying theme here is that "if there is no absolute then all is equally possible," so the most threatening ideas can be dismissed on this alone.  

The defensiveness of the Degenerate is stoked by its own desperation.
Desperation to escape, to dismiss, to flee existence as it is.
The most absurd presumption will be used, with no evidence, and no reasoning to back them up, simply to demonstrate an alternate possibility that is not rooted in reality, but in the mind of the Degenerate.
But human reasoning is not founded no what is unknown, but is built up on what is known.
The unknown is infinite....the known is finite.
An honest mind builds a pyramid of probability, where the wide base represents precedent, and the tip represents the most immediate. A structure of probability, supported on a base of accumulated probabilities.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 5:16 pm

So, when an honest courageous mind want sot define a word like "god" it doesn't just subjectively decide to define it in a way which cannot be observer, tested, or falsified, but in a way that can.
The Greeks defined it in relation to natural phenomena, gradually adding metaphysical realms over time. Their foundation was nature, each deity representing natural forces they could experience.
They did not begin with an abstraction that contradicted the experienced world, like Magians and Abrahamism did.
They did not subjectively define the concept to make it a private concept nobody could agree or disagree with, because nobody could prove or disprove it.

They did the same with 'truth'. An uncovering, a revealing. Not an ideology but a fact the mind is made aware of, because it is independent from both teacher and student, and that once it is uncovered makes the teacher unnecessary.
What is revealed to the student becomes independent form the mentor, because once the student sees he cannot un-see: the world constantly validating the revealed - like having a veil lifted.

Once you see a pattern, then it no longer belongs to the one that exposed you to its presence.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 5:30 pm

To demonstrate the point made in the previous post I can use the word "dog," referring to an organism.
But, if I were to become brain-dead, or rise tomorrow having lost all intellectual integrity, or having gained a fear of canines, I could made define the word "dog" in a way that makes it drop out of existence - or define it in a way that ceases to be threatening.
The concept of "dog" can disappear by simply redefining it arbitrarily, or absolutely, so that even the organism would not meet the criteria you've used to describe the concept.

Canines would cease to exist, for such a cowardly hypocritical mind, because its arbitrary definition would not refer to the organism that was present.
It would then accuse others of doing what it did - i.e., arbitrarily and subjectively defining concepts.
Content to live in ignorance, it would refuse all reasoning, all logic, on the ground that it failed to attain its criteria, or adhere to its definition of the word "dog".
Content to live in a world populated by a organism it could not explain, and was entirely ignorant about....because nobody can....all to escape its fear of dogs.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Other, more abstract, concepts can more easily be defined out of existence, or defined in ways that no evidence and no proof, and no reasoning can ever reach.
Concepts like masculine/feminine, human, freedom, will, race, god, power, intelligence, conciousness, self etc.
A dim-wits wet-dream.
Define a word in a way that either makes it unprovable or defies disproof.; define it in a way that makes it a noetic abstraction with no external references.

The motive is to convert all threatening concepts into idealogical abstractions - noumena - so as to render then subjective, or supported by popular consensus - make them political.

All definition that anchor the word within the real world will be arbitrarily dismissed as failing to meet an absolute criterion.
All becomes a social construct. This is part of brain-washing and social engineering.
This is Orwellian.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 10:29 am

A self-referential Metaphysics is useless.
It is far easier to construct a "perfect", eloquent, self-consistent intellectual system, than to construct one limited by physics, i.e., natural order.
Metaphysics can only be useful as supportive of reality-based judgements.
Metaphysics as a foundational grounding for physics, or physis, i.e., nature, world, reality aesthetically perceived (empirical).
A metaphysics with no such connections or pragmatic applications, is useless mind-candy - usually used as hedonistic escapes, or self-affirming declarations compensating for a deeper sense of self-rejection.
Semiotics - i.e., words/symbols - are the connectors.
If they refer to text - words referring to more words - then it can be circular - self-referential (perfect, complete, absolute).
If they refer to phenomena - acting as mediators between noumena and phenomena, then they have the potential of being useful.

I've used the words "love" and "morality" as examples of how words can be warped - converted to self-referential ideologies that are self-consistent but useless, other than as methods of self-comforting - and detached from observable, testable, falsifiable, actions, behaviours.
A demystification, a de-idealization, a de-romanticizing, few will accept or tolerate.
There is nothing mystical or abstract, about either concept. But Moderns insist on retaining then as such, because of the uncomfortable implications.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 12:36 pm

My loyalties are expressed through my use of language.

I owe no loyalty to conventional language, other than as a necessity imposed upon me by a need to communicate my ideas to a wider audience - the wider the more conventional my language use will be - and my duty to push back agaisnt the abuse and misuse of language that is currently infecting European man.

I owe nothing but gratitude or disdain - depending on the icon/idol - to other thinkers and their use of language; using them as supportive elements or as challengers.

My only loyalty is to the truth, defined as an accurate description and exploration of the world - i.e., natural order, reality etc.
My use of words are meant to cleanse them of centuries long abuse and corruption, leading so to attempt a complete nullification of linguistic value, i.e., Wittgenstein - true to his tribe's essence as carriers of Nihilistic memes.

I refuse to use the common understanding of the word "love" for example, because there I diagnose a symptom that can explain the current circumstances of degradation and decline.
A conventional understanding of "love" leads nowhere but to the absurd and to idealism - romantic idealism being a certain way to achieve a lifetime of disappointments, seeking causality outside its own confusions - belonging to a conventional delusion.

Dictionaries offer multiple conventional definitions and applications of terminology, they offer no understanding.
The conventional mind will then seek understanding in other books, full of test, sometimes self-consistent and beautifully written, and still no understanding has been achieved.

What I do with words is connect them to observable, testable, falsifiable, in other words, empirical, perceptible, phenomena.
When I do not define term in this way, such as my definition and use of the word "chaos", I justify it in relation to "order", which can be defined in the way I describe. i deduce it from the given; as Schopenhauer describes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I place less emphasis on concepts, represented by words/symbols, with no direct reference to reality, including my definition of "chaos", and I describe such terminology as belonging to "metaphysics"; a supportive foundation that is secondary, and not primary.
Secondary to words that can be connected to observable phenomena, and so constitute my primary focus.

I also place terminology that refer to ideas/ideals,a s representation of personal preference or predictive value, projected into the future, on the third tier of my focus.

From a precise definition and application of words, such as "love," "morality," "race," we can advance towards metaphysics and define words like "one,", "whole,".
Then we can dare to project an idea/ideal as a objective.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 pm

I gave you my definition of meaning.
Ghosts can have meaning among degenerates who believe in them...and are meaningless nonsense to all others.
Meaningless in relation to reality, you stupid imbecile...not meaningless to those who have adopted a delusion.
Imbecile....Middle Earth is meaningless to all who have not read Tolkien. This fantasy world is useless, as well.
Those who have read Tolkien share a meaning based on text, with no external references.

Jihad, has meaning only to the initiated in Islam, and is completely useless and meaningless to those who have not.  
But dog, no matter what name you give it, is meaningful to all...no matter what books they've read.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Quote :
Metaphysical

Derived from the Greek meta ta physika ("after the things of nature"); referring to an idea, doctrine, or posited reality outside of human sense perception. In modern philosophical terminology, metaphysics refers to the studies of what cannot be reached through objective studies of material reality. Areas of metaphysical studies include ontology, cosmology, and often, epistemology.

Metaphysical - Longer definition: Metaphysics is a type of philosophy or study that uses broad concepts to help define reality and our understanding of it. Metaphysical studies generally seek to explain inherent or universal elements of reality which are not easily discovered or experienced in our everyday life. As such, it is concerned with explaining the features of reality that exist beyond the physical world and our immediate senses. Metaphysics, therefore, uses logic based on the meaning of human terms, rather than on a logic tied to human sense perception of the objective world. Metaphysics might include the study of the nature of the human mind, the definition and meaning of existence, or the nature of space, time, and/or causality.

The origin of philosophy, beginning with the Pre-Socratics, was metaphysical in nature. For example, the philosopher Plotinus held that the reason in the world and in the rational human mind is only a reflection of a more universal and perfect reality beyond our limited human reason. He termed this ordering power in the universe "God."

Metaphysical ideas, because they are not based on direct experience with material reality, are often in conflict with the modern sciences. Beginning with the Enlightenment and the Scientific Revolution, experiments with, and observations of, the world became the yardsticks for measuring truth and reality. Therefore, our contemporary valuation of scientific knowledge over other forms of knowledge helps explain the controversy and skepticism concerning metaphysical claims, which are considered unverifiable by modern science.

In matters of religion, the problem of validating metaphysical claims is most readily seen in all of the "proofs" for the existence of God. Like trying to prove the existence of a "soul" or "spirit" in the human, attempts to scientifically prove the existence of God and other nonobjective, nonhuman realities is seemingly impossible. The difficulty arises out of the attempt to scientifically study and objectify something which, by its very nature, cannot become an object of our scientific studies. This reigning belief that everything can be explained scientifically in terms of natural causes - referred to as naturalism - compels many to think that only what is seen or sensed, only what can be hypothesized and tested can be true, and therefore, meaningful to us as humans.

Recently, however, even as metaphysics has come under attack for its apparent lack of access to real knowledge, so has science begun to have its own difficulties in claiming absolute knowledge. Continual developments in our understanding of the human thought process reveals that science cannot solely be relied upon to explain reality, for the human mind cannot be seen as simply a mirror of the natural world. For example, since the act of scientific observation itself tends to produce the reality it hopes to explain, the so-called "truths" of science cannot be considered as final or objective. This fact manifests itself over and over again, as scientific truths and laws continue to break down or yield to new and better explanations of reality. What becomes apparent, therefore, is that the process of human interpretation in the sciences, as elsewhere, is both variable and relative to the observer's viewpoint.

Under the skeptical analyses of the philosophical movements known as postmodernism and deconstructionism, all of these facts have resulted in a modern repudiation of both metaphysics and science. Their criticisms are based on the cultural and historical relativity of all knowledge. These two philosophical "schools" deny any existence at all of an objective or universal knowledge. Thus, metaphysical claims stand today between the absolutist claims of science (scientism) and the complete relativism of postmodernism and deconstructionism.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 7:05 am

Metaphysics will always have a supportive, secondary role in any and every world-view attempting to be realistic.
If it becomes primary then the motive is not to be realistic but to escape into obscurantism and ideological smokescreens.
First comes the act, then the word, in reference to it.
First comes the physical - physis - the perceptible, the experienced, the tangible empirical, we call reality.
Metaphysics and idealism must follow in agreement, not in contradiction.

Beginning with a metaphysics or an idealism and then justifying them by selectively sampling the real, is Top<>Down "thinking".

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 10:20 am

Metaphysics can either add spice to the portion of physis you are meant to enjoy, or, if applied wrongly, it can ruin your digestion.
Metaphysics is like a house's foundation.
If its in alignment with the structure of psysis, and in harmony with the environment it supports and anchors it, but if it is off, then the entire structure is going to fall at the slightest gust of wind, a sudden downpour, or the earth's tremble; it it entirely absent, and your structure is built upon the ground - the surface - then it may be vulnerable to extreme circumstances, but still stable for the everyday calms, and for any small storm that may arise.

Many individuals live out their entire lives with no metaphysical grounding, nor understanding - adopting what is ready-made and what has proven sufficient.
Only a rare few need to stabilize it all within the earth, unable to enjoy their habitat if it is superficially built.

The problem arises when man projects into the future, his objectives, his ideals.
Then the smallest misalignment is multiplied in time - so the further into the future a mind projects, the smallest errors between psysis/metaphysis alignment, become huge mistakes.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 am

Fortunately, most Moderns never project further than a year, or a week, or a day....or even an hour.
So physis & metaphysis can be crooked, with minimal negative consequences...which can easily be explained away by accusing others.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 10:29 am

Fortunately, most Moderns never project further than a year, or a week, or a day....or even an hour. Their projections into the future never exceeds a comfort zone - mostly ending at a estimated date of mortality.
So physis & metaphysis can be crooked, with minimal negative consequences...which can easily be explained away by accusing others.

An additional factor to consider is the sheltering effect of Modern systems that offer a service for a price - the service is to divide the consequences for any individual errors in judgement - or physis/metaphysis misalignment - for the price of a lifetime of servitude and loyalty.

This sharing of the consequences enables individuals to continue living in confusion and internal schizophrenia, or superficially - mind/body dissonance, or compartmentalization - without dire consequences.
The problem with that is that these shared errors gradually add up, until they produce a systemic decline that can no longer fully adsorb errors.
Implosion follows.
The individual does not have to adjust his alignment, nor stabilize his structure, because the systems compensates when a storm hits...so this enables more and more individuals to live superficially and carefree...wandering aimlessly on the surface, building their life structures upon the earth, not within it.
Inevitably there comes a time when the system is unable to compensate for rampant stupidity and superficiality....and it collapses.

This follows the same logic as that of a herd becoming increasingly ill when it is protected from predation - or a herd producing a natural imbalance, which leads to its extinction, if it is not stressed by external threats, or when there is no predator to maintain its numbers on a level that is in harmony with the environment.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:34 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:38 am

The symbol/word refers to the thought, the abstraction, which is a simplification/generalization of a phenomenon.
The word "cat" is the English conventional symbol/word referring to the idea and/or image of an abstraction of a cat, which, in turn, is a interpretation of a phenomenon - light strikes (interact) with the organism, which interacts with the sense organ, where it is coveted to neural energies transmitted to the brain where they are reconverted into the image of a cat.
The cat, as idea, refers to the individual cat, which is experienced within a spatial/temporal framework, and how it inter-relates with the environment.
So, the continuum of the individual cat and the multiplicity of its constant interactivities with its environment, are imploded into an amount that the observing mind can process - reduced to a simplified/generalized finite re[presented by the abstractions which is then given a symbol/word to represent it.

No mind can process the multiplicity of interactions occurring between organism and environment - its awareness is limited by its sensual acuity and by the brain's processing speed.
The translation automatically simplifies/generalizes the data it gathers through an intermediate medium, such as light.
most of the time more than one medium is involve - for example a cat is experienced both as image - via light - and as an ocular event - via atmosphere....touch can be added if the cat is held in our hands.
each context refers to a different sense organ.
All this data is transmitted to the brain where it is synthesized into a singular finite whole. What cannot be perceived is not included ion the interpretation.
The multiplicity of interactions between cat, as organism, and its environment, including us, is simplified/generalized into a finite amount.

Sponsored content

Words - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words Words - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Words
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next