Share | 

Satyrnalium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:37 am

What flies over our head is rarely noticed, and when we do see it out of the corner of our eye, it is vague, too far away to be made clear.
We are oblivious to what is above us, most of the time, engrossed in our earthly level, and the cares at our height.
We rarely, if ever, notice something above us, and when we do we are unable to gauge how far up it can go, and we reach for it, wanting to grab hold of it and bring it down, down to our height, or, if we are ambitious and honest and light of spirit, we want to be lifted up by it, and taken to heights we cannot on our own.

Meanwhile, what passes beneath our feet is not seen.
We only look when we stumble and fall, as we peer upwards, or keep our gaze level with our height.

It is possible to be of the kind who spends his life looking down, to the earth, hunched over and tired, as all the world above and on our height goes by - bumping into it, from time to time, forcing us to look up for a short time, before we move on, eyes nailed to the ground.

Then there are those daydreamers, who see shapes in clouds, and think every bird flies and sings for them, and them alone.
They spend a lifetime looking up, into the distances, and what is below and on their level is disregarded.
They make stumble and fall, but their eyes quickly turn upwards, and they may run into something on their level, but they spend no more than a second to look and to go around it, and so what is most obvious and present is never given credit, though it lies there, waiting for them to look.

How often do we not underestimate our height, looking too much downwards, or overestimate it, looking for too long up?
How often do we not think of ourselves midgets, or giants, when our height, looking strait and level, suffices to tell us how high and how low we can go?

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 am

When she appeared, they came just to cum, and wanted more and then a sum.
Her large wings delicate and white, ready to take flight, without a fight
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She walked on paths they had never seen, and drifted on secret streams they had never dremaed, it seemed
And hungered for the things she said, fighting over the gifts she'd sewn, out of what she wore, and held onto outside the labyrinth

Her angel's wings she knows are fake, putting them on for their delicate eyes and tender sake
Longing to cast them off and run, wild and free, beneath the sun, beneath the tree...to find and see

And when she tires of the pace, and only wants to settle for some simpler taste, woven niot her garment's lace
She shall turn to them, sweat and blood, caressing the the beast in them to calm, hard and ready, as a stead(y)

Singing songs, for them, with gentle tunes, written in the stones with subtle ancient runes
And along with calm she introduces love which in the brutal soul burns, to bust, as overflowing lava lust

Naturally, taking her throne she did not want and does nor own, the queen of the tangled, hardened, wood
Acquires her deserving place upon the branches that she weaves with melody and a long song

Feeling undeserving of their shallow trust, she dreams of a monster worthy of her inner thrust
Hoping in his wicked arms she too could calm and lust, and cultivate a taste for meat beneath the musk

To be taken away to some far of spot, under canopied skies and warm shadowed earth
Where she can ignite and burn and make of herself a willing and ready inviting hearth

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:33 am

Dance with me, I beseech you
For far too long I've moved and swayed, with strangers I could not persuade

Dance with me and I will teach you
Wanting you to teach me more, floating over time, and space, sliding on the floor

Dance with me, I cannot reach you
Let our limbs combine, permitting the rhythm of intertwining bodies bind

Dance with me, I already know you
I moved and was moved as well, your absence being present I rose and fell

Last edited by Satyr on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:08 pm

I love to walk in autumn rain
Multicoloured thoughts drifting with fallen leaves
Alone in cloudy blankets - the chill without making me appreciate the heat within

I love to listen to raindrops fall
Liquid heartbeats keeping hasty footsteps slow
Solitude along clean urban paths - nothing to disrupt steady stride and songs within

I love the feel of autumn mist
Light sparkling through dewdrops on carpet green
Recollecting tears in your wanting eyes - salty passions that made them, burning within  

I love the smell of autumn earth
Electric charge, melting memories, frozen cold, in heated blood
Discharging past in hidden pools - filling you with my essence, my abyss, never shared within

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:03 pm

It goes like this...

Find a flaw in the other, in any context, in any part of his thinking behaviour, and then question everything he's said, or reduce it down to the common.

Therefore...

Nietzsche died of syphilis.....pow!..there goes "Will to Power".
Schopenhauer did not bathe and was mean.....
pow!....there goes "Will and Representation".

I don't know, use it on anyone.
Darwin....he once lied to his wife....pow!....goodbye "Natural Selection."

No, this is more than ad hominem, this is how you comfort yourself when you have zero to posit against an other's theory, or an other's opinions.

Find something he did wrong, a mistake, and you can feel better about how stupid you are in comparison to him.

See?
Either/Or.
If it is not PERFECT....ABSOLUTE....it is equally weak, equally possible as anything else.
If it is not god, omnipotent, omniscient, the typical manimal, thinks to itself, it is no less possible that whatever I pull out of my arse.  
A form of character assassination....again using the typical inversion methods the Top<>Down way.
Attack the messenger as vile, as less than perfect, as human, and then the message is reduced to the common.
Don't criticize the message, the position, and THEN evaluate why the messenger made it, but find some flaw, even if it has nothing to do with the topic in doubt, and from that insinuate a weakness in the opinion without having to understand it, nor read it, for that matter.

Wait...let me show who how it's done....

Sartre?
He was one ugly fuck.
Voila...pow!, no need to read anything, he is debunked.

Einstein was a bad father....pow!...we can forget Theory of Relativity, without troubling ourselves with understanding it.

Hitler started a war (the official narrative states) that cost the lives of millions.... pow! , we can dismiss anything he's said, and nevermore what he meant.

See how it works?
See how brilliant it is?

And very cutting edge Modern.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Aaaaah fuck it!!!

It's all so uncertain...all these questions in my head, giving me vertigo.

Best I drop my pants and rub one off, for the hell of it, for the pleasure of it.

What does it all mean, anyway?
What does it matter?

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 am

Ah, Never-Never Land...to fly...away.
Where all is play, games, pirates that never harm, obstacles to fly over.
If only we can all dream hard enough, we can make our world just as perfect as that.

"Exit light...enter Night"...because at night, in the dark, appearances do not matter, the world "disappears", and everything is possible, everything is liquid, everything is "bright" in the covers of the dark.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:43 am

Morality is objective and beauty is subjective...go figure.
Love over Lust.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 am

Just my luck...I've found the perfect Lady/Slut combination in one single female, and she's beyond reach, out of my league, too distant to approach.

The perfect, for me, body/mind combination.

As always, out of tune, out of place....always too early or too late: right place wrong time, or wrong place right time.
Tragic...and Funny.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:52 am

When you walk, leaving them behind, let some words fall like half-digested bread, for them to follow in your stead.
Some that way and some this, let them take the road most travelled, by them, and watch them from your hiding in the wood, singing and dancing as they pursue as if the hunter and not the hunted.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:25 am

A fly lays its eggs on a cadaver, or a wound exposed.
Tiny maggots emerge, feeding on flesh, engorging themselves with filth.
They want to give birth themselves, in time, or have they grown too old to lay their shrivelled eggs and serve as handmaids for the queen of flies?
Busy bees, feeding her kind, by servicing the queen bee's larvae.

*buzz *buzz busy bees make a ruckus, not of their mass.
Speed of vibration, compensating for their minuscule size.

The queen bee laying eggs, when she has mated with a drone, and makes a home, sending off her worker bees to collect nectar, of the gods, and call it her own.
Sweetness, one must bear...to take.    

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:47 am

Little boys, run for cover behind mother's skirts, and cast careful glances around her mass of hips and tits, at what scares them.
They do not dare confront directly, but cast evil glares, tiny pebbles, curses against him.
He smiles at himself, enjoying his vengeance, imagining himself a god of his own world, populated with his friends who participate in the game with joy...happy to belong.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: 123 Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 am

No need to intrude upon insanity. You sit back watching it make a fool of itself - destroying itself with every choice, every turn of phrase, every verbal juggling performance.

It exposes itself in its madness, laughing and playing.

From a Greek song, a verse...

Quote :
Leave the madman to his madness
and do not make him come to his senses
What hides in the mind
of a madman you do not know

Perhaps he'll find in madness
those things he desires
And was never worthy
to find and to possess

Leave the madman to his madness
leave him to his dream
This world he's disgusted by
and he creates his own

Madman in the madhouse... each "madness" in its own world - inter-subjectivity.
Fed, washed, watered, coddled, bedded, medicated, surrounded by walls it calls absolutes.
A safe-box of order - a whole.
Everything makes sense here, for the senseless.  

Narcissistic code mentioned in 15:36 (below) as the "classic syndrome of narcissism" sold by, non other than Varoufakis and Tsipras, the duo narcissistic schizophrenia now governing Greece...
Two naive imbeciles, if not conniving duplicitous manipulators - talented users of words - userers.
Let's assume the best and not accuse them of intent.
Stupidity it is....like the kind you find out there, daily....or on ILP constantly.  

Jedi mind trick...
"We will not pay back these loans.....you will forgive us our past mistakes.....we will repeat this mantra until you fall under our spell...."  

Laughing AT the tragic/comedy of madness with the institutional power to convince, and manipulate, stupidity, as it has in Modern Greece (and not only there), degraded by centuries of Judeo-Christianity dis-ease, and seeped in the sweat of Modern decay - the fever throws of dying.
Nihilistic cocktail of death - brain dies first, after it enters delusion to save itself from more suffering.
How did they acquire this institutional power?
Why, by vote and rote, of course. They exploited massive cowardice, idiocy, a desire to evade responsibility, and then were given power by quantities - masses of schizophrenic/narcissistic Moderns: Nihilists.
Democratically...because they people, this abstract idea(l) are never to hold themselves accountable for their past mistakes.
No, they may want to cover them up with new ones...in an endless cycle of stupidity.

Pretty words sold with bright smiles and promising sentiments....all well-intended.    

Satyr has the antidote...the pharmacon...found it beneath a tree, in the wood, where witches roam and nymphs dance.

A reference to a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...

Cohelo, Paulo wrote:
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

HA!!!
One more Brazilian genius... a product of genetic mingling, I am sure.
The epitome of absurdity!
So says the king, the god to be, the entire cosmos conspiring on his behalf, aligning to his whims and words.
From the narcissistic book of magic, Tsipras and Varoufakis took to heart and attempted to convince the world of their madness.
Same book many others are reading from.

What use do Greeks have for jungle rot?  
The second speaker absolves Cohelo of total responsibility, accusing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as being the originator of that piece of....narcissistic, infantile, schtick, then Cohelo takes it on, adopts it, as the next in line in the chain, and finally it is launched by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into modern narcissistic orbit - a star shinning bright above us all... lighting our way.
Such positive words...so nice, so comforting.

Let us file it in our Chicken-soup for the Soul directory, next to "God loves you", "You can be anything you want", "You are no different than anyone else, and just as valuable", "Love will save the day", "Universal mind", "It's all subjective - believe it and it is so", "First came the word, and it was....(fill in the blank)", "Race and sex roles are social constructs", "Appearances are superficial"...and so on...  
Sheesh there are so many.

Excuse me while I join the nymph's dance....
OPA!!!

Last edited by Satyr on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:59 am

Madman, rejecting objectivity, has only the subjective, himself to use as standard, and in so doing exposes himself with every judgment made, every opinions shared.

He does not believe in a real external standard he is adapting and interpreting, and so, by his own beliefs, he simply projects his understanding of other, by comparing it to self, his sense of ego (narcissism); he self-diagnoses, as far as he knows himself, when he attacks other.  

This is the easy part of dealing with self-referential, subjective, modern minds, using words to evade and inflate self in a world that makes them feel small, vulnerable, afraid.
So, when a modern accuses you of hatred, when responding to your diagnosis of race and sexual differences, know that he is expressing his own anxiety in relation to these issues, having no other standard to evaluate what is more or less probable, other than self.  

With no standard outside self other than other minds, it measures its esteem, through the (re)actions of others.
The subjective evaluating its own subjectivity using other subjectivity, and how they respond to what is presented as a challenge.
The world is not dealt with directly, but interpretations of world are dealt with, and through this dealing the feeling that world has been explored.
Philosophy has become a dialogue about an other's perspective, compared to his dialogue with a third other, and validity measured by how many others are convinced by the dialogue.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:58 am

Infatuation and Insanity are a deadly cocktail.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:55 am

Madman creates a kingdom within the walls of his confinement - vast empires, of the mind, delineated by hard lines and solid stone.
Beyond the window pane he is a nobody, lost and vulnerable, but here, medicated fed, sheltered, and surrounded by other madmen he can believe he is a something important, because of all the fuss made about him.
He fantasizes and lives in those imaginary realms, desperately seeking validation in other madmen, or in child-like psychosis.
Every new participant in his madness adds to his self-satisfaction.
Through their combined minds he expands his reach, stretching the boundaries of his power, escaping the walls into the outside.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 am

In-between the scheduled feedings, and medications, insanity finds freedom.
Institutional regimentation giving him an external source of consistency, order, stability, to balance out his internal turmoil.
Perhaps he feels that without this structure of manmade order he would perish, hating his own weakness, and those who re-mind him of it daily.
With words he seeks vengeance, as with words he seeks escape.
Attacking his plight in the face of those protecting him from himself, with curses and vulgar insinuations.  

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

There is no possibility of changing a mind that has invested a lifetime upon a error, supported and validated by quantities of minds that were similarly foolish.

To admit a mistake would be suicidal.
With nothing but others for support, that which remains unaffected by emotion is emotionally slandered.
The mistake is "corrected" with refined words, different syntax, grammar, vocabulary.
Death is averted in insanity.  

Self-Preservation through mass delusion.  

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Extreme isolation is common in the madhouse.
Each insane individual living in his own private reality, with few, if any connections to the real world, isolates insanity more than the usual isolation of existence - the human condition.
This deep sense of solitude pushes madness deeper and deeper into its delusion.

When past/nature is eliminated the individual's perceptual-event-horizon shrinks to the size of ego - beginning at birth and ending with death.
Compensating by inventing super-real, or paranormal connections, crazy invents fantastic relationships, placing self at its center.
Each one acquiring elements not shared by the other, crazy experiences relationship on a fantastic level, often seeing extreme symbolisms in the most trivial activities, or most simple expressions.

Instead of thinking of self as a link in the chain between past/nature and future, and/or the idea(l), the mind identifies with the idea(l), either as its emergence in the present, or as its representation, its harbinger.

Narcissism is a symptom of this insanity.
With no external standard to measure self against, the insane individual makes himself the standard, judging how others (world) relate to him, as negative/positive.
All judgments, positive and negative, reinforce the delusion the he is the center of the world, as the idea(l) or as representation of it.

Interaction being unavoidable, particularly when the madman demands to be noticed, placing himself in situations, and displaying behaviors, where he cannot be ignored, further reinforces its delusion, and the madman is trapped within his own reality, but must include others in his madness, having no other source of pride or sense of self.
The world beyond has contradicted his self assessment, so he no longer uses it to validate his opinions.
He prefers to sue humans weak enough to mirror back his sense of self, and his judgments of world - inter-subjectivity.

Those pulled into his madness are necessary substitutions for what lies outside this inter-subjective, self-referential, alternate world.
The madman must make others notice him, otherwise his reality remains private.
He must pull them into his madness, lacking all other sources of validation.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:58 pm

The madman has no ability to perceive self objectively.
All negativity directed his way is automatically a product of envy, hate, bigotry, or some fault in the source of negativity.
This makes world a "negative" environment, within which he feels vulnerable and weak.
To deal with this feeling he dismisses the negativity of world as a product of human judgments.

The world is "negative" towards him only through human minds that act as proxies of negativity.
This immediately provides a solution.
To deal with "negativity" you must select "positive" humans, offering "positive" feedback: proxies of "positivity".

Returning us back to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] above.
His culpability is that of a Dostoevsky Idiot: innocent and misunderstood in his kindness, his genuine naivete.
A Christ-like character amidst decadence, and hate, crucifying him because of his value, and the quantity of his spirit.

Rejection is that of a Judah, who denies him thrice, fulfilling his role as the one who must make his master a martyr to live eternally, or a skeptical Thomas, not believing he is the Messiah, the christened one, demanding proof.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:46 am

Drug addict, and the obsessive crazy, needs to think of those not like him as suffering.
with no narcotic, no insanity, to deal with reality, he cannot accept his own weakness, and must accuse all who need no drugs, or insanity, of being unhappy, of suffering.
He takes himself as the example, and he, unable to remain sane, and without the aid of a drug, or incapable of engaging reality, without fantasies,and imagines this other as miserable, or as hiding an alternative motive, and lying.  

For such a decrepit creature empathy means sympathy. He uses his feelings for himself, to understand other, adjusting nothing.
Simple transference, is what projection is.
Fragile mind, lacking the quality of mind to imagine the alien, simply places himself in this others positions and feels him, as if it were he living and thinking what this other does.
The easiest, simplest form of empathy.

What is superior cannot be imagined by what is inferior, and so it uses itself as an example.
This is how weaklings and cowards created their god.
A creature so vain, so vulgar, and vindictive, reflecting them.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:43 pm

If you ignore him, you must fear him
If you do not, he has you wrapped around his finger.

The insanity of narcissism, has no alternative other than good/evil.
if you do not love him, you hate him, if you do not hate him, you must love him
In all cases some emotion, some controlling passion is ignited in you, because of him
He is in control, the puppet-master.

If a girls smiles at him, she desires him, if not she's a bitch.
Trapped in binary nihilism, of either/or, there is no other possibility.
This is the insanity of the Modern.

All critique, on the negative, are expression of passion.
All is subjective.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Despite Jew produce psychoanalysis, dominating Modern thinking the basis for the emerge and development of personality, as character, is not sex, but death.

The erotic, along with the thymotic are reaction to mortality, or the relationship of an organism organizing/unifying, with a disorganizing/fragmenting indifferent, threatening cosmos.

Sex, is the primal most automatic (re)action, but what it is a (re)action towards is Flux.
Without a doubt, for a heterosexually reproducing species, like ours, sex is fundamental to the development of personality, and environment, which would include man-made environments (society, morality, economics) would determine the degree and the direction inherited predispositions (personality) express themselves as character.
The thymotic is an alternate, more masculine, (re)action to Flux.
For the thymotic type eros takes a secondary place, as an expression of resistance to chaos - rage rage against the dying of the light.
Eros, more primal, automatic, comes easier as a compromise to one's inability to resist Flux completely.
This intuitive (re)cognition establishes Freudian analysis, but remains there eon the feminine surface.
The Oedipus complex, penis envy and all those Freudian concepts are erotic in essence.
The point of view of a child, or female belonging to a species that has already evolved an innate compromise, to survive and reproduce.

The mechanism enabling heterosexual intercourse and social cooperation to succeed are part of the human genetic makeup. so much so that we cannot think outside their premises.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Patterns never attaining complete harmonization within an organism, manifest as dis-ease, weakness preceding this final stage, leading, in natural circumstances, to culling.
As self-awareness emerges this internal agon, of the organism not being absolutely organized, and facing constant disordering external pressures, develops in what Freud would call the "death impulse", opposing the harmonizing erotic impulse.

Reich, William wrote:
According to this concept, the sadism of each stage results from the mixture between the sexual demand itself and the destructive impulse against the person responsible for its frustration; oral sadism (frustration of sucking → destructive impulse, biting); anal sadism (frustration of anal pleasure → crushing, stomping, beating); phallic sadism (frustration of genital pleasure → piercing, puncturing). - Character Analysis

This dissatisfaction/frustration with self, may develop in a striving to self-improve, leading to the excesses of growth, or may develop as a defensive stance and suicidal tendencies, expressed as masochism, externalized as sadism: violence against world as presence.
This sadistic desire to destroy what appears, manifests ion moderns as a rejection/denial of past/nature, which they find undesirable (not erotic), destructiveness being the "solution" (masochism evolving into destructive sadism against nature/past).

Nihilism as the expression of dissatisfaction with past/nature, manifested as presence/appearance, is the destructive/sadism externalize, if it is not internalized as self-hatred and the death impulse.
Modernity, as "progress' towards self-referential identification with the most immediate, current, is the most popular form of hatred of past/nature - self-castration, amputation of determining sum of nurturing, freedom from the source of anxiety/frustration.
Death impulse sublimated into a partial death - sleeping being the physical form, of the mind's numbing.
A compromise between erotic impulse and death impulse, placing the organism in zombie-like trance.
What is "killed" and left to rot, is filled in, compensated, with symbols/words/metaphors, human contrivances.  

The modern reverts to the oral stage, ripping the past apart, to consume and absorb it selectively, rejecting the undesirable anally.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:09 am

Madman living in repose, considers any disturbance an attack.
The herd runs when the predators circle, wondering why they are singled out.
Tear a sheepskin off a wolf and it will feel as if you are skinning it alive, confusing its adopted caricature for its personae, or, at least, distraught for having been found out, and exposed, no longer using this ploy of harvesting resources from those it want to be close to.

Imagine the distress when a lunatic is told he is not Napoleon, but a baker's son, on the run, only wanting to have fun.
Liar becomes angry when he is not believed, as he believes his own hypocrisy...an affront to his own judgment....or, if he is more lucid, he is impressed and miffed for having to reinvent his lie, adjust his act, and up-his game of shovelling bull.

Last edited by Satyr on Wed May 11, 2016 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:18 am

Madness is a cry for help, when contract with an indifferent cosmos has shattered it to piece, and ti has barely survived the experience.

Gathering attention is how it strives to shelter itself, and put itself together, with comforting words, medications, and delicate touches.
Audaciousness, hyperbole, screaming controversial concepts to shock and awe, or a refusal to swallow the drugs that keep its madness in a catatonic state, are two such cries.

Between the lunatic and the world ti fears, stands a professional, wearing a uniform indicating expertise, and a motive, behind him the enforcers, usually dressed casually so as to not alarm, to blend in....and then those thick walls, and barred windows, where world enters as light, before the night falls, and the electric luminosity floods the space with endless brightness.

Outside....large spans of parks, imitating the wild, surrounded by fencing.
Who would dare bring all that down, and ruin the pristine, quarantined, uni-verse within?

What repressed fears does this evil-one stir, not knowing what will emerge when the cocoon is broken?    

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu May 05, 2016 9:53 am

Extrovert: requiring more intense and consistent stimulation.
Associated with impulsive behavior and with addiction/obsession.

Introvert: requiring less intense, and less frequent stimulation.
Associated with melancholy, and hyper-sensitivity.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Thu May 05, 2016 11:37 am

The psychological effects of being battered wither by some threatening other, or by life, the world, at large, forces, an after-the-fact reassessment of self, and the choices that resulted in the defeat.
For some, this involves taking responsibility, before assessing the external factors.
For most, this involves the return to the comforting embrace of the community, where weakness finds refuge in multiplicity.
Repeating the communal soothing low hum of herbivore braying, reintegrates the one who dared to stand forth as exceptional among them.
With humans this involves language, a humbling to the popular values, and if this community is Nihilistic, or modern, then the identification as innocent victim, acts like a mother's hug, or the tight engulfing of a male member within the warm moisture of a woman's vagina.
In a Modern metaphorical context, it is plugging into the Matrix, and surrendering to popular sentimentality.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 am

Preference for higher or lower level stimulation can be the consequence of a neurological fragility, or numbness, corresponding to the introvert/extrovert types, or hypersensitivity and higher constitution, correspondingly.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 am

Zuckerman wrote:
Let us take first g and n—the two dimensions that have always been acknowledged not just by Eysenck but by his London School forebears (e.g., Schonell,1948 ,pp.21-22) and all modern psychometrician - psychologists who are not so politically correct as simply to avoid reference to IQ in their work.
These two dimensions reflect classic conceptions of Reason and the Passions and their wide-ranging contest and collaboration. They can both be readily measured-with a little allowance for test sophistication and lying; and they both have plausible psychological underpinning in, respectively, information intake and information retention (Brand,1996 ,chapter 2;Brand,1997).
As Burt and the London School always maintained, these are surely the most important ways in which people differ, and they have intrinsic links to considerations of value.
There is no merit in not being able to take in new information even if such inability helps preserve traditional moral belief.

Information-retention is likewise presumably meritorious in principle—though memories can be useless and burdensome, as well as useful, and the inability to excise or rewrite memories arguably results in neurosis(as Freud first envisaged).
Interestingly, differences in both g and n probably have connections to broad
and wide-ranging mood features (e.g. ,Brand,1994b).
High-g people tend to be experienced as more alert and receptive, and high-n people are more variable in moods and behavior. But these broad emotional features probably obtrude
rather little into immediate conscious experience.
People's more immediate experiential concerns are probably with the short-term, limited, and resoluble conflicts involving more closely targeted emotions and their restraint, as follows.

Considering first the tensions that have led Eysenck himself to invoke the name superego, how could Eysenck form any years have thought extraverts crime-prone when even his
own evidence from the E and L scales showed little sign of the negative correlation that such theorizing should have led him to expect?
True, by 1972 , he had come to note the connection between E and sexual vigor and frequency, and to admit the special independent status for L that proved a harbinger of modern Big 5 measures of "conscientiousness" (vs impulsiveness/casualness).
Yet, once upon a time, S.B.G.Eysenckand H.J. Eysenck (1963 ) had insisted to an astonished American psychometric world that the sociable and impulsive "facets of extraversion" were, compatible with the "unity" of Extraversion.
One has to ask: Which is right?
And one has to answer: Both views are right, but the cruder, broader extraversion -versus conscientiousness dimension emerges more easily in full population samples like Eysenck's rather
than in the higher-IQ groups that furnish most of the data for the typical modern Big5 theorist.
For years it was thought that the Baltimore sample that yielded the Big5 had a reasonably
normal collection of subjects, but eventually it transpired that no less than 25% of McCrae and Costa's subjects actually hadPh.D.s! Looking at all this objectively, one has to say that extraversion and conscientiousness are more identifiably separate at higher g levels—and (in Edinburgh pilot researches) at lower levels of neuroticism, whether as cause or effect.
If there is a tension between energy and conscience, or between sexuality and superego in particular, it goes on more keenly (or more visibly) in lower-g ,higher-n people.
Now, if a crude contrast of energy versus inhibition perhaps differentiates in the course of intelligent maturation into two distinct dimensions having no marked or simple influence on each other, differential psychologists will ask for parallels and analogies that may help us to understand such processes .
Plainly some kind of Freudian story is a possibility: that the initial stark opposition between eros and superego becomes—during normal, healthy development—less of a conflict than two distinct sources of strength. But most differential psychologists will be reminded of another dimension that differentiates over time, and especially at higher-intelligence levels.
This is the dimension of g itself: g increasingly yields a distinction between "fluid" and
"crystallized "intelligence as aging proceeds, and especially when g {itself goes into decline after age 55. Following this analogy, people could vary independently in energy and conscientiousness so long as they are of relatively good intelligence and maturity; yet at lower IQ levels a more stark contrast might be observed between rambunctious extraverts and controlled introverts in the broad sense of extraversion envisaged by Eysenck back in 1963. With maturation (and higher g), the broad emotional contrast between exuberance and restraint crystallizes to allow more distinct dimensions of elation versus depression (extraversion-introversion) and obsession/caution versus hysteria/excitability (conscientiousness-casualness).

A similar dependence of dimensionality on maturation may affect the other great emotional tension between exhibiting a strong and indeed aggressive identity on the one hand and being more accepting, tender minded, and open minded on the other.
Here, the Freudian (or Kleinian) story would be that an early death-wish allowing destruction of useless parts of the self—whether of cells or of psychological systems—maybe harnessed by the self and turned into useful aggression; or it may itself be destroyed by the self, leaving a pacific, agreeable, and less egoistic yet less directed individual (programmed cell death is known as apoptosis).
It was realized in the nineteenth century (and known to Freud) that the body has self-destruction mechanisms that come into action unless cells receive particular patterns of messages from other cells, (C. Badcock, personal communication). However, a non-Freudian differential psychologist may well settle for a story of differentiation where by the crude disagreeable-versus-agreeable distinction becomes modified according to how much crystallization takes place into two independent variations of independence versus dependence and tough-versus tender-mindedness.
Plainly the original primitive tension here is whether to allow or reject hostility, and that is the kind of contrast made by Eysenck's P scale—though P itself probably involves a multiplicative interaction with low conscientiousness also, thus helping to yield its skewed distribution.
What characterizes the high-will and high-aggression person is an awesome realism about the human condition that is alert to the need for competition and inclined to disregard the possibilities of cooperation and idealistic constructivism. Yet, as both Freud and Adler
recognized, that crude contrast will diminish with maturation.
In terms of emotion, the two separate dimensions that emerge are probably those of anger versus fear (as the fluid form of independence vs. dependence) and disgust versus acceptance (as the fluid form of tough-(or non open-) mindedness).
Pilot research in Edinburgh has in fact suggested these dimensions to be more
separate at higher levels of neuroticism
(where ego development has perhaps
been less decisively in the agreeable or disagreeable directions
).

---The Scientific Study of Human Nature

My position has always been that anxiety/fear is the mother of all emotions, some evolved to deal with it, to sublimate, control and direct it, or to repress it, numb dropping it below the threshold of consciousness.
When I use the word "emotion" I mean the complex automated (re)action to stimuli, and not sensation.  
For me emotion is an evolved method of taking advantage of the organism's contiguity of pasterns, its organ cooperative/organization, and their imperfect harmony - increasing the survival advantage gained by synergy (effectiveness - efficiency of applied available aggregate energies - the multiplying effect of focus).

Energies, accumulating within the organism as contained libidinal, for the purpose of fight/flight, later evolve into a method of expunging and directing them productively, as reproductive release,accompanied by the expulsion of contained fluids along with the release of contained stress/anxiety (orgasm).
Their non-expulsion results in their reintegration absorption) back into the organism, released as excrement.
The "use it or lose it" motto is factual, and it relates to the aforementioned "death wish", or "apoptosis", another indication of an organism increasing its own efficiency by discarding unnecessary, unused over long periods of time/space, parts of itself - also indicating that this agon is occurring internally along with externally (the organism is never in a state of peace).

Extroversion/Introversion should be explored in relation to these libidinal energies.
Either due to a genetic factor, or due to the particular organism's inability to contain/control its excess energies, extroversion/introversion is its expression.
To this we can include a higher, than average, production of excess libidinal energies, due to organic efficiency - fitness, or environmental factors producing plenitude of access to energies.
The direction these energies take for release, wither towards the more primal sexual (genetic), or the more sophisticated form of release in art (memetic), is determined by a genetic and/or by environmentally conditioning this inherited disposition.  
a weak neurological system, may require the organism to relieve itself form their stress, or, in humans to numb the brain to its effects.
A sensitive, more aware mind (more data, stimulation input) may suffer the same, and will be mistaken for the first.        

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium

Back to top Go down

Satyrnalium
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next