Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:51 am

Jarno wrote:
That was actually going to be my first reply all along, that soycore/deathcore (BMTH,suicide silence, etc) is more friendly towards sexual minorities. That song (which I was also going to post as an example) is like 80% 1-note breakdowns, it's very watered down and generic, so it's easier for you to follow:

And you can see that vocalist wouldn't be respected in any kind of masculine circles, looks and acts like a sheltered wimp

I don't think that look is due to sheltering, but inherent genetics.
For example, I could picture that kind of person as a homeless, or criminal, and they would look the same. For instance, I knew this one guy, unfortunately, he was sentenced to jail, but in jail he was one of the most violent people there, but he looked kind of feminine and dandy looking like the people in that band (actually, I think he looked more feminine than them actually.)

As for suicide-silence, some girl I wanted to date told me about them, she wouldn't date me because either I wasn't white enough for her, or because she was into physically frail boys and I seemed too big and strong for her (her boyfriend was short and frail like her.)

So I am not a big fan of them, I just don't know any other screamo bands and their music videos are pretty cool.

And my argument about death metal, is it's too easy to follow, like it stays in the same bass registers. Although the lyrics themselves are hard to follow, I'm not sure if it's English or a Nordic language.
But I guess you could argue that battle of yavin is easier to follow, for the precise region it is all over the place. But other music just seems monotonous to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:39 am

These bands are from all over the world and many have different themes in their lyrics to fit their style of music and if their lyrics don't seem to make sense it's not because they are unable to write good lyrics, they are not necessarily trying to make you relate to them on personal level, but just to sound psychotic/incoherent or just to fit the theme of the music. There are bands who make all kinds of lyrics, it's not about being a geek and trying to make sure as many people as possible would be able to relate to the music/lyrics, it's not all-inclusive, it's about hostility. You don't make any money doing this type of music and you don't want faggots listening to your music.

I don't think there is even much "traditional" death metal on this thread at all. I don't think you are qualified to make any kind of conclusion about a genre when you are unable to make any distinctions if everything sounds the same to you.

You should only make a final conclusion about yourself and admit you don't know what you are talking about and that you don't know much about music in general. You keep contradicting yourself constantly and being dishonest, like I said from the beginning waste of time, since you feel no shame there is not point in this, you just want the attention and waste other peoples time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Fine, I agree to disagree. But in no way was I being dishonest, and I have had conversations like these before, with other musicians, it all goes down the same road, they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 pm

This is actually not bad, for deathcore. What the hell are these donuts doing on his ears tho...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:44 pm

That's the thing with deathcore bands they often have those ear stretching rings and might dress up like emo/wiggers and they play for different kind of audiences, It seems they have split up. Not the worst yeah, not my cup of tea though, guitars sound very metalcorish and I don't like that type of breakdowns, also I think vocals in deathcore are less technical, much easier for the throat

Slams are a bit different and even breakdowns in dm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DarZ3scBgsI&t=1m33s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Bolt Thrower say to have been inspired by the Warhammer Universe. It's a bit simplistic and exaggerated, but still has some cool imagery.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm

And btw this is how these guys look, physiognomy talk from before in the thread confirmed yet again:

I can hardly imagine modern men and especially soyboys ever producing music like this. It comes from a completely different type of mindset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres

Back to top Go down

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5