Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jarno

Jarno

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Very redundant blast beats, yet I like it
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:18 am

You can usually tell if the band is going to be any good just by looking at the band members.

Cryptopsy, Canadian game changer along with Gorguts
1992-1996
Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 Cryptopsy4

New sold out gaycore (deathcore) Craptopsy:
http://www.revolvermag.com/files/images/cryptopsy2.jpg

Here are few other examples of deathcore band members, you can recognize them if they have shitty tattoos + African earrings. I feel dirty just posting these pictures below.

Faggots:
http://img2-ak.lst.fm/i/u/arO/8faebaadabd849e6b245ba84619a1446

]http://images.victoryrecords.com/1200/carnifex.jpg
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 am

Capricornus Rex in tenebris

Sire of sin,
You embody me
Undivine...
To you we congregate;
None so vile,
Your magnificent
Crown of horns
Inspires deeds maleficent.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 11:33 pm

Ritualistic lyrics

An.... Ki....
An.... Ki....
An.... Ki....
An.... Ki....
An.... Ki....
An.... Ki....
An.... Ki....

Of Anu and Ki
Bearers of the Devouring Throne
Heralds of the baneful storm

Irkallian tongues
Plagues spoken
....And Death made Flesh under the Eye of All

Roaming winds from a horrid shrine
Little skins adorned their altar and entrails shape the sigil
Face of Thee whose words are flames
Oh Mighty Blaze
The Dominant One - shine through me when I conquer

Phantoms of vast black heavens
Waking War Gods

Conjure!

Gates of Kurnugu
Dark Earth! No Return!

Where frozen wanderers dwell
Few have passed but not for long
as DUR - KU - RA cover them all

Unto the Harlot of Death they bring
I shall pour forth blood to you
I Shall utter the spell unto you
And raise the ghost unburied
Ghost which none cared for
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:09 am

1:52 one of my favorite riffs....2:38 - 2:53 you'd think this was building up to a climax or at least give you time to breath, but NO, it just continues relentlessly.

UltraBoris wrote:
This right here is THE thrash album to end all thrash albums. Brutality, heaviness, songwriting skill, and of course more of a riffs onslaught than any FIVE other brutal thrash classics... you pick 'em, this'll lay them flat and stab them in the chest repeatedly. Kreator... Slayer... Sepultura... Torture Squad... all of those are amazing bands that have put out metal classics in their own right, but all of them are complete excrement compared to THIS blast of complete fucking over-the-top insanity....This is the sound of armageddon right here... ..

It is so completely be-all-end-all genre-defining and amazing, that I feel unworthy as a human being simply because I don't rape and kill (not necessarily in that order) 30 of my fellow humans and send the bodies to Gene Hoglan every morning, just as a thank-you gift for this album.

... This thing takes Hellhammer and Possessed out behind the woodshed, and teaches them a thing or two about evil. And that's saying something because Hellhammer and Possessed aren't exactly shit bands...

.. .This is such a blast of hyperkinetic fast thrash, heavier than Suffocation, more brutal than any of your dime-a-dozen late 90s grindcore bands... you think you're big-time? You're gonna fucking DIE, big-time. Here comes the pain. Marduk, suck your Panzer Division Feces out your ass, because Merciless Death is heavier and faster and harder and more over-the-top than you, and doesn't even resort to self-parody to do it.

...This is not a pretty album. There is precisely one melodic passage

Funny ^
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:55 am

Jarno is the guy you want to avoid in the mosh pit I think. Arbiter, Fortunae, Aeon, et al... mosh right over them, no problem.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:10 am

I've never been in a festival or any metal show and most likely never will, I don't relate to anyone just because of similiar music taste so I would just most likely get anxious and start hating my surroundings.

Though coincidentally I've met amazing persons who happened to have same filtered taste in metal music genres and similiar worldviews. "Elitism" always pays off. (not giving up on principles)
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Hmm. Having trouble going to metal concerts and socializing with peers huh. You might be experiencing a phenomena known as post-adolescent Nordic Finnish Caucasian identity complex. an anomie created by the hyperconsumption of metal and it's symbology... to the point that the young European male nationalists doesn't even want to go and would rather just stay home and post at kt.

What can be said of the integrity of the age of metal when the Finnish no longer mosh?
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Are you still hurt because nobody gives a shit about zappa here? It seems like your whole identity revolves around that guy, it seems like you are on a "revenge spree" here after a serious injury to your ego.

It also seems that you are not satisfied unless you get some sort of reaction from us (either negative or positive), since you have absolutely no reason to be responding to me in the first place.

Last edited by Jarno on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 3:10 pm

if I am hurt by anything it's the fact than not once has anyone here posted a song by John cougar melloncamp. Jack and diane, rain on the scarecrow, born in a small town, hurts so good? Nothing. not once.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 3:20 pm

You could just take your passive aggressive remarks elsewhere and stop talking to me ever again. Ok?
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 3:53 pm

that's how you feel jarno? You want to say goodbye to me forever? What about the time we shared together in the music thread when I posted a Finnish tango on your behalf? I didn't have to do that jarno, but I did.

Well whatever. I'm not going to try to make you stay if you don't want to stay. I've always wanted you to be free, to be yourself, to be able to grow and change and if that cannot involve me anymore, well, I have to accept it.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 5:53 pm

This topic is for "adolescent" music only, as we all know grown ups just like to listen to music that sings about getting laid

Zappa singing about pee, poop and sex disease is so much more mature, typical American poop/toilet humour (American spiritualism) that you'd have to be a rootless mutt to find it funny:

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:03 am

When you realize the "genius" of this guy, you can look down upon everything else from a "safe distance".
He is so abstract, Andy Warhol of music that nobody can grasp what he is about.
He is the embodiment of "cool", some have the talent of looking more talented than they really are.
Being a detached clown is very original and respectable.
Wouldn't want anyone "harshing my mellow", music is all about being lighthearted and mellow, detached from "negativity".

Like typical Americans say:
"You need to get laid and get high", thats what life and music is all about.

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 9613

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 84ebec96b2f7df2ad43201427199ca24

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 Zappa2
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:14 am

Deathspell Omega did really spawn many clone bands and a new sub-genre of black metal, that channel is full of them
https://www.youtube.com/user/XOdiumNostrumX/videos

Few randomly picked examples that I've never heard before

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:19 am

Jarno wrote:
When you realize the "genius" of this guy, you can look down upon everything else from a "safe distance".
He is so abstract, Andy Warhol of music that nobody can grasp what he is about.
He is the embodiment of "cool", some have the talent of looking more talented than they really are.
Being a detached clown is very original and respectable.
Wouldn't want anyone "harshing my mellow", music is all about being lighthearted and mellow, detached from "negativity".

Like typical Americans say:
"You need to get laid and get high", thats what life and music is all about.

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 9613

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 84ebec96b2f7df2ad43201427199ca24

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 Zappa2

Even if you gave him the excuse that his degeneracy was not himself per se, but a satire on the modern culture, a mirror of the times,,, there's no excuse for the mediocrity of his music. Michael Jackson pop turns into a classic in comparison.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 am

Yes ^
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:17 am

Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:32 am

nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:03 am

Are you still here trying to prove that "your music" is not garbage? Drum solo is a different thing than actual song writing, I don't give a shit about how good anyone can play if they can't write music, make it work in a song and be consistent.
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:43 am

Quote :
I don't give a shit about how good anyone can play if they can't write music, make it work in a song and be consistent.

If you insist. At 3:17 you'll find Vinnie (the guy with the glasses in that drum dual I posted above) alternating between 19/16 and 21/16 time signatures. This is almost impossible to do without short circuiting your brain, Jarnonator.

http://www.drummerworld.com/Drumclinic/vinniecolaiutagreasy.html

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:21 am

I don't give a shit, just go away
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:10 pm

I don't give a shit, just go away.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:58 pm

'Many spells and rituals exist to create curses but there is one for mankind’s obliteration. Life is slowly fading as we sacrifice ourselves. The vermin prevalence must come to an end. '
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:54 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 6:29 pm

New favorite, top tier 2 albums

These bands have very similar style, and their both albums came almost same year

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Technical Brutal Death Metal, Slamming

Spoiler:

The screams of anguish set up the atmosphere

I don't like the new vocalist from Despondency, I prefer the cold and monotone vocals of AJ Magana from Chapters of Repugnance and the whole album has this atmosphere of historical cruelty/punishment/humiliation which makes it unique and not typical gore slamming.

The way these drums are recorded is great though. I don't remember hearing artificial harmonic pinches that much before
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:53 am

The "Pioneers" of Slamming, equivalent of Aborted who popularized breakdowns (not to confuse with slams)

There's something so iconic about this album cover, represents the narcotism and perversion of the modern society. The vocals are very moist, like having a throat filled with blood. I don't think this is nihilism, because I can feel the disgust and hate, it's not glorying "the scourge of the society". It has this " Taking everyone down with me " mentality.

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 Devourment_138

Different vocalist because Knupp died

Spoiler:

This is for junkies

Last edited by Jarno on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:55 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next