HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AutSider

AutSider

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 am

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Now for some REAL Christmas music:

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Some more death metal

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 9:08 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 7:08 am

Absolutely love this band!!

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:49 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 am

Lyrics:

I always thought these lyrics were exceptional, it's like despair, hope, despair, hope, despair, a mental struggle in a lyrical form

Lyrics" :

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Not bad music, but I dislike the references to sewage. Some would call them degenerate, but lyrics about blood, death, murder, etc. to me are acceptable as they serve a purpose of normalizing violence in the mind of the listener.

I don't see the purpose in having lyrics about sewage. Though the music can sometimes be good...

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 7:52 am

Anata is more like melodic/technical band that has an unique twist to it so it's hard to put into a category, it was something I was listening 2006, but I just went back to see why I used to listen to it.

I do also nowadays mostly prefer non-melodic metal, but there are variety of different lyrical themes depending on the mood or life situation/world view. I actually got into death metal before I got into heavy metal/hard rock etc, I was impressed how much variety extreme metal genre had, I started with bands like Anata, Gorod, Arghoslent and early Arsis and some very experimental bands. Then went to Ophiolatry, early Cryptopsy, Aborted, Hour of Penance, early carcass, Deathspell omega, Defeated sanity, Deeds of Flesh, Devourment etc etc etc...

I would categorize this post mortal possession more modern slightly slamming BDM. I usually appreciate if the sound is raw and dirty, non-sterile, that it sounds like if you were in a same room. Modern BDM might often have members who look like wiggers, so I also think the style/attitude and looks of the band members is very important.

I don't know if the sewage is the best word for it, but I never really questioned it, I used to use it to process my own feelings during that time. I was just thinking sewages as those poisonous feelings like jealousy and that kind of bitter hatred that comes from jealousy that you have to dam inside you since sometimes you can't confront things directly (channel your feelings), you can't sometimes just smash a face without a consequence and a lot of times provocation can be very subtle and indirect.
Admitting jealousy is admitting feeling inferior, so it's kind of humiliating when you are in an environment where everyone are idiots and inferior to you in every aspect, I'm used to socializing hierarchically so it was really hard for me to adapt in my late teens how all-inclusive the world had become, I mean all the cool kids and all the people I have ever admired would also think these people I was around were the bottom of the social ladder (bad jokes, no taste, no style, cringy, logan paul'ish) so I imagine if every person around you are un-cool kids who are now socially in a higher position than you are, imagine the feeling of humiliation and repressed feelings. (but I stuck to my principles and found other cool kids later, it paid off)
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Stench of Decay

Back to top Go down
Absurdity

Absurdity

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Absurdity

Absurdity

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 11:14 am

Spanish scene

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 11:50 am

Old Greek Melo-Black

Atmospheric/symphonic death
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Meh. Most of the intros too long and slow. Mainly, I don't get what the songs are on about, they don't seem to have an identity other than background noise. Might be ok for a videogame, or 80's cultish pagan movie. The notes didn't seem to have a direction or purpose, just random and repetitive.

So yeah, went through the internet to find some good deathmetal. Couldn't find any, even though I used like the old Cube 2 Sauerbraten deathmetal soundtracks. I listened to them, but they sound different to me now, not the songs I remember. Could be just me growing out of it, or could be mandela effect, alternate dimensions taking root.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 10:33 am

A lot of this is for advanced ears, it is very unorthodox in a way the songs are constructed so that makes it difficult for casual listeners to grasp and comprehend...

Once the ears start to pick up notes and hear each instrument you don't get exhausted anymore and you will be able to recognize patterns which used to sound convoluted for no reason, but this is unfortunately also a point of no return, your ears start to crave for all these subtle details, drum fills, rhythmic changes etc.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Jarno wrote:
A lot of this is for advanced ears, it is very unorthodox in a way the songs are constructed so that makes it difficult for casual listeners to grasp and comprehend...

Once the ears start to pick up notes and hear each instrument you don't get exhausted anymore and you will be able to recognize patterns which used to sound convoluted for no reason, but this is unfortunately also a point of no return, your ears start to crave for all these subtle details, drum fills, rhythmic changes etc.

This is true. After death metal and similar genres, most mainstream metal sounds lame and impotent in comparison.

Death metal also requires a certain psychological disposition in order to be enjoyed. In short, it is very masculine and very white music. A mixed race transsexual who watches MLP probably won't be very fond of it.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 10:32 am

Nope lol. You are falling into the arguments of modern art. For instance, I have a liberal friend, who shows me crappy modern art, and I tell them, I just don't appreciate the art. Even though they are a SJW, they tell me it's due to my bad breeding, or being raised wrong, that I just don't get the "subtle nuances" of it, anything to convince me the art is good.

It's like this. I used to like death metal, I'd listen to Dimmu Borgir and other bands I forgot the name of, but I just grew out of it. My adrenals may be wasted, I was (am) often a very hateful person and stressed nearly everyday, and my adrenals may be overtaxed so it's harder for me to get enjoyment out of it. However, there is a very real possibility that it's psychological, unrelated to adrenals, that I just grew tired of listening to it.

The argument about subtle nuances I just don't buy. Because, I am not a fan of rap, but to be honest there is a lot of subtle technical engineering nuances that go into the drum mixing. But that doesn't make it good. And if you want to talk about what is masculine music, slow rap music is masculine music, it is angry men yelling/talking into a microphone. Fast rap is more feminine. And I have heard 1 of your songs, autsider, it was good for 2 minutes, but got repetitive after 2 minutes. I have also heard your guilt of listening to (and enjoying) white rap music as well.

I am an open minded and unbiased person. For instance, some days I will look for MLP songs. And I will listen to it for 3 seconds and click it off if it's not vibing. And my unbiased opinion is that MLP songs are the whitest songs ever made.

And there is another thing here. There is more to music theory than anybody knows. Certain songs just hit you with the right vibes. Its tough to explain. Its like how 437 hz is better than 440 hz. Some songs just miss the mark and don't hit you with the right vibes.

It's like, I know music. The songs I like is battle music like John Williams battle of yavin. I like Classical music like mozart and such.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 11:54 am

...Dimmu borgir is symphonic black metal, you don't even know what you are talking about... Sure, we can see you think very highly of your "experience/expertise" on this topic

You have a very distorted view of yourself, I always welcome critique, but this what I am reading here is a complete waste of time, very arrogant with nothing to back it up
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Jarno wrote:
...Dimmu borgir is symphonic black metal, you don't even know what you are talking about... Sure, we can see you think very highly of your "experience/expertise" on this topic

You have a very distorted view of yourself, I always welcome critique, but this what I am reading here is a complete waste of time, very arrogant with nothing to back it up

Okay fine, I made a slight mistake. So what? Let's say I'm taking a math test, and I get one answer wrong. I still get a 95%.

And I have listened to over-half of the songs on this page, what more experience do you need?

When I am dictator of society, in my musical dictatorship I will allow death metal. It isn't that annoying to me, and if some people like it, so be it. My main beef is pop and rap music, needs to be banned from my ears.

It's like Lego Batman. Pop music is more masculinizing than death metal. When I listen to death metal I don't feel violent or with rage, but when I hear pop music, I feel violent and full of rage.

Now here is a song that I like, which is epic kind of music. It starts at 13:15. It makes me feel violent and glorious, fighting a battle against a hardened foe, but with no rage. My only complaint is the song is not longer (it is only about 30 seconds long, 30 seconds of fun.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UNPQ045C0&t=850s

The thing is, I am not a German. I am a Brit, always will be a Brit. Doesn't mean I like the English. Scottish and Irish are superior to the English and always will be. Germans are cousins of the Brits, but are not Brits. Death metal, to me, sounds like swamp music, music of the hellbog, like music of skeletor. Not sure if it's built into my British genes. The kind of music I like is knight music of glory.

I think accent is built into genes because, when I feel powerful and resisting American propoganda, I talk like a brit, with dignity and grace. Americans say its fake but my british accent comes natural to me when I feel dominant, like a boss.

Now the other thing is, there are some cis men who like effiminate music. Some of the music I like is more masculine than them. And one thing I'd like to know is, I know so many transsexuals who have deeper singing voices than cis men, cannot even sing like girls if they wanted, and many cis men sing like girls easily. It seems like the universe is rigged as some joke.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Trixie, there is probably even some black and hispanic rap I'd still kind of enjoy. But it wouldn't rank high in my preferences. Tastes change and develop and rap mostly just doesn't interest me anymore.

The imagery it evokes in me:

It's like monkeys jumping around, trying to show off. I can't take it seriously.

Death metal, on the other hand, evokes imagery of greatness, masculine power, and violent destruction. To me, anyways.

Note also how the subject matter of rap, especially modern rap, tends to be more concrete, primitive, and often personal. "Me, me, look how cool I am, I fuck bitches, I have shit, I'll kill you". It lacks depth. The song structures are often simplistic too, frequently consisting of a single repeating beat. Furthermore, rap can often be made up on the spot, just play a jungle beat in the background and say some rhymes.

Which is why the aggression of death metal tends to be more purposeful and sophisticated, in its own way.

But yeah, Death Metal is distinctly European and masculine and I neither expect nor desire that everybody appreciates it.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 4:08 pm

OnWithTheirHead wrote:
Meh. Most of the intros too long and slow. Mainly, I don't get what the songs are on about, they don't seem to have an identity other than background noise. Might be ok for a videogame, or 80's cultish pagan movie. The notes didn't seem to have a direction or purpose, just random and repetitive.

If it sounds like noise to you and you feel like there is no direction or adrenaline when you are listening to them it indicates you are not able to follow the songs at all

It's not about pretending or forcing yourself too see something that isn't there so the modern art comparison is not valid, there are a lot of bands that never get better no matter how much you listen to them (braindrill, necrophagist)

Most of these bands I've been listening daily past 12 years, it's not just something I listen occasionally. It's definitely not a genre that you can talk some random person into, like Autsaider said it requires a certain psychological disposition, yeah I would say it requires some sort of (systematic?) self-discipline as well

I also judge bands by their image, the way the represent themselves, the appearance of band members and what kind of community they have

I do think black metal is nordic spirituality
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Yeah, rap music does seem like music for cucks. Most rap songs are just, some guy looking at the camera, insulting and threatening you on a personal level. Also, their motions (arm/body movements) are like a hostile gorilla. Only a cuck would enjoy that.

My final verdict on death metal, is, I was in a bad and homicidal mood today, so I listen to some. I wanted to get into it, but it did not seem violent or insane enough for me. I did listen to the whole thing of Deathless Ascension. I would say it was good, but not crazy enough.

My main problem is, most of the song takes place on the bass register of the spectrum. Whereas other music, takes up a broader bandwidth. The main problem with the songs I have, is they are too predictable, I can also forgive the undecipherable lyrics.

This song, is screamo, and somewhat more violent, but still not violent enough for me. It never seems to pass that mysterious "arc" into ultraviolence (anime violence.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312Sb-2PovA
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 am

That was actually going to be my first reply all along, that soycore/deathcore (BMTH,suicide silence, etc) is more friendly towards sexual minorities. That song (which I was also going to post as an example) is like 80% 1-note breakdowns, it's very watered down and generic, so it's easier for you to follow:

And you can see that vocalist wouldn't be respected in any kind of masculine circles, looks and acts like a sheltered wimp

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Death Metal, Black Metal & Sub-Genres
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: THEATER-
Jump to: