Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Solipsism discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AutSider

AutSider

Solipsism discussion Empty
PostSubject: Solipsism discussion Solipsism discussion EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 2:39 am

Solipsism, according to wiki:

Quote :
the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside of the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.

Is solipsism even a valid position?

It seems so fundamentally wrong to me... the external reality doesn't exist? Really?

I would compare it to being in a tight, small room with an elephant with its body pressing against you and claiming that the elephant doesn't really exist, but even such an analogy would fall short to describe solipsism, which would deny the existence of the room and everything else, along with the elephant.

So, I guess solipsists will deny the existence of external reality and other minds, and they will then continue interacting with the external reality and other minds by arguing their position to be the correct one?

I'd say that reality is more important than words, action > deeds, so regardless of what the self-proclaimed solipsists say, they aren't actual solipsists, because their very existence contradicts their claimed position.

Solipsists are sophists... they use typical feminine methods of saying one thing and doing another, turn it into a philosophical position, and take it to the very fucking extreme.
They're worse than a woman inserting herself into the company of males, half-clothed with her tits hanging out, claiming she doesn't crave male attention.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

Solipsism discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solipsism discussion Solipsism discussion EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 am

As I've said before, in multiple places: I'm too friggin' stupid to be imagining 'reality' (all the stuff that seems to be outside me), so 'sumtnin' must exist outside of me. And: as I seem to successfully navigate that 'sumthin', the information I apprehend about that 'sumthin' (by way of my senses) must be reasonably accurate. So, the world exists, and it exists largely as I perceive it.

Solipsism is for shit.
Back to top Go down

Solipsism discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: