Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WakeThyself

WakeThyself

Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Empty
PostSubject: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 4:47 pm

I listen to quite the variety of music.  Here I will share a couple songs that I can listen to and gather my thoughts. On the extreme opposite extra I have a couple songs that I workout to and another lux aeterna that is just plain epic.

GLadiator Epic Epic Video and song

My Thinking Music by Dax Johnson

and

and

Workout music

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Depending on mood or intellectual depth, any, if not, all music influences imagination and thinking. However, i'd say there are indeed some that offer the most substance in that respect.

Those piano sonatas by Dax Johnson were pretty good. I'll explore him further.

For my imaginative and intellectual stimulus, my classical joys such as Chopin, Liszt, Ravel and Vivaldi are at the top. Debussy is too apprehensive and timid for me. Some other choice selections of mine, anything by "Mt. Eden" is good.

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Ambient... start with Boards of Canada and Stars of the Lid. I like to maintain a general mode of activity at most times, that means balancing out the edges. You can learn to use music as the perfect mood alternator. What I find is that most songs, especially lyrical ones are pretty much numbing, replacing of thought, overpowering/affecting, not complimentary.

Imagine focusing while listening to this

Compared to this when upbeat is needed

or this for downbeat

The mind cannot be surprised by spontaneous, erratic elements. For proper adjustment it needs concise, repetitive notions. To eh know precisely what is coming before it comes and thus be able to unconsciously associate it to a specific mood.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:00 am

I always prefer to lift in silence and concentrate on form and breathing.

No matter how well you eat and prepare sometimes it just doesn't go right at all, so I don't think music helps in performance since it just gives you adrenaline boost momentarily, I rather work-up my mind with my thoughts. So I don't think having a momentary boost doesn't help at all in a long run, it just turns into a ego lift, I rather try to get that intensity without outside influence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Jarno wrote:
I always prefer to lift in silence and concentrate on form and breathing.

No matter how well you eat and prepare sometimes it just doesn't go right at all, so I don't think music helps in performance since it just gives you adrenaline boost momentarily, I rather work-up my mind with my thoughts. So I don't think having a momentary boost doesn't help at all in a long run, it just turns into a ego lift, I rather try to get that intensity without outside influence.
If you exercise really hard, music or any background noise becomes irrelevant as you expel too much concentration and energy to focus on continuing when every corner of your brains commands to stop. Physical pain often dominates the psyche completely too.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Actually music does help after the essential/heavy lfits, during the filler exercises in the end (tried it out last week). Blocks out all the disturbance and helps concentrating when you don't really need to watch your form too much.

Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Bxcbcx11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout Empty

Back to top Go down

Reflecting / Pondering / Thinking Music / Workout
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1