Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:01 am

This guy is kinda funny. He also made kinda funny reviews of some other good games: Dark Messiah, HoMM3 and Mount and Blade Warband come to mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Good videos, that guy is altright and alright.

Altright confirmed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Could also post this equally in the comedy section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 am

I bought factorio over 1 year ago, I was very bored by it playing alone, the alien creatures didn't feel like much of a threat and it's way too expensive

This is one of my all time favorites, I like the atmosphere, though some characters don't look apart

This one looks interesting, I watched first minute or two, got to try this someday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 am

I haven't played Factorio but it looks like a system optimisation game. If there is not sufficient threat then it will get boring once you've figured out the systems and you are not obsessed with optimising.

Darkwood can be pirated with the consent of the developer:
https://pirateproxy.mx/torrent/18469605/

AcidWizards wrote:
Hi! This torrent was brought to you by the developers of Darkwood - Acid Wizard Studio.

This is the latest version of Darkwood at the time of writing this (1.0 hotfix 3). Completely DRM-free. There's no catch, no added pirate hats for characters or anything like that.

We have just one request: if you like Darkwood and want us to continue making games, consider buying it in the future, maybe on a sale, through Steam, GOG or Humble Store. But please, please, don't buy it through any key reselling site. By doing that, you're just feeding the cancer that is leeching off this industry.

Some would think that as long as you pay it's all good, but really if the money is not overwhelmingly going to the people who made this game or made it possible indirectly then better don't spend the money at all.

Haven't played that one either...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks, it's hard to find torrents...I mostly pay for convenience, at one point I got so tired of reading the instructions how to crack the game etc and when I had to use programs like Tunngle (port forwarding) to play multiplayer games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:34 pm

@01:23 The barbarians, the people who don't understand your language, can't be tricked by magic, can't be manipulated by (((lies and tricks))).

Signs of Magic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polishyouth

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:29 pm

best trailer i have seen on youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:43 am

Ultranationalist political activist from Call of Duty Modern Warfare game series

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Vladimir_Makarov

List of his political activism activities:

2001 - To start off Makarov's reign of terror, Imran Zakhaev orders Makarov to bomb a Moscow city bus. The mission succeeded with 29 people killed and 19 injured.
2001 - Bombing of Piccadilly Circus using a modified London Underground train filled with explosives, killing or wounding 407.
2001 - Massacre of the GUM department store in Moscow, 87 dead or wounded.
2002 - Hijacking of Greek oil tanker in the Mediterranean Sea. Hellenic Navy boarding party along with two crew members killed or wounded before $3 million ransom is paid.
2002 - Murder of three Russian infantry soldiers.
2002 - $1.5 million stolen from a ZBV bank.
2003 - Repression of North Caucasus-based, pro-Western nationalist groups.
Assassinations of political leaders, arson, and the bombing of opposition parties.
Murder of Moscow-based journalist Ilya Lovitch, who was investigating political crimes in the region.
2003 - Bombing of several government buildings in Kazakhstan, 245 dead or wounded.
2003 - Hijacking of two Kreigler Airliner hijackings, 378 dead or wounded, eight of whom were his own men.
2004 - Robbed a HBS bank in Istanbul, Turkey.
2004 - Abduction of 15 college students from Russia, five killed or wounded.
2004 - Bombing of two embassies in Africa, 28 dead, 48 injured.
2005 - Hold-up of armored truck in Moscow, stole three million rubles (approx. $100,000). Three security guards dead or wounded.
2005 - Hijacking of the cruise ship in the Baltic Sea, tortured US passengers until $5 million ransom was paid.
2006 - Robbed the Russian State Postal and Banking Service Depot of 32 million rubles (approx. $1.2 million).
2006 - Murder of famous British designer Rob Millington.
2006 - Murder of three US airmen based in Turkmenistan.
2006 - Helped coordinate attacks by Janjaweed militias and Sudanese military against rebels. Implicated in human rights abuse.
2007 - Capture and beheading of Mossad attaché to Ukraine who was investigating Makarov's links to Islamic extremists.
2007 - Assassination of Pakistani politician Hasni Al'Bura.
2007 - Bombing of Russia-Germany gas pipeline in Belarus because Gasneft refused to pay a fee to prevent “disruption to service”.
2007 - Robbed $15 million worth of diamonds and other gemstones from a Siberian mining company.
2008/2009 - Bombing of a Swedish furniture store in a shopping mall located in St. Petersburg, 100 killed or wounded.
2008 - Ambush of FSB vehicle, five agents dead or wounded.
2008 - Abduction and murder of SibGaz owner's wife and daughter.
2009 - Bombing of Baku-located U.S. oil company offices, three people dead or wounded.
2009 - Unsuccessful bomb plot against the English-speaking school in Moscow.
2009 - Unsuccessful rigging of explosives in a Moscow-located soccer stadium. Authorities burst a pipe to halt the match, denying publicity to Makarov.
2009 - Trafficking of over $2,100,000 worth of weapons, drugs, and people.
2011 (Day 3) - Gives Al-Asad the order of detonating a nuclear device, killing or wounding approx. 30,000 US Marines Corps, US Air Force, US Navy SEALs and NEST team plus an unknown number of OpFor, among others.
2016 (August 12 (Day 3)) - Massacre of Zakhaev International Airport in Moscow, which provoked the Russo-American War (234 civilians with unknown amount of security personnel and FSB members killed or wounded; total of 243 people killed according to Return to Sender cutscene)
2016 (October 3) - Abduction of Russian President Vorskevsky, unknown number of FSO agents dead or wounded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:33 pm

'Retro gaming' culture is an attempt by white menchildren to sustain old culture without the confrontation with wider society. Both positive and negative. It will be attacked for its positive aspects: the potentiality for pro-white propaganda and lessons.

@recent Witcher-netflix Ciri debacle:
I overheard a guy on college campus (white nerdy type) saying "social activism is good, but not all social activism is good" (paraphrasing) on the phone in its regard. Repeating that "it's the same thing they did with [x]", where [x] is some media (of which I don't know).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:33 am

Ah nice, Sseth reviewed STALKER too.

STALKER and Gothic are the best open RPG/action games for old school, masculine, straight men.

Fallout, TES, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and so on are the counterparts for women, soyboys and similar creatures.

In general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:05 am

Can't get forza or gran turismo for PC, which sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 am

Jarno wrote:
Can't get forza or gran turismo for PC, which sucks

It's a bit fiddly but if you have Windows 10 you can get Forza to run, apparently.
Forza Horizon 3 Pack
Forza Motorsport 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:08 pm

I have win 7. Luckily I got Xbox 360 in the closet and driving force GT wheel/pedals so I guess I just buy forza 4 for few euros
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Forget Forza, get Test Drive Unlimited instead, lol.
I don't know much about driving games but I suspect that the simulation aspect is not necessarily always getting better. There is this pattern that successful developers and their games, once they have had their breakthrough games, have publishers and social engineering faggots mess it all up. Maybe Forza 2 or 3 or 4 are the high point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 pm

I can get forza 4 for 8 euros so it's not a big loss if it turns out to be bad. I'm new to driving games as well and I've never been interested in cars, but I just want to try something different. I had fun time just playing Euro truck simulator 2 few years ago.

A lot of these car games feel impersonal so I want to try something where you can customize your car, buy a different engine etc, it's basically my attempt to try get immersed. I tried Dirt rally, but I don't think it has enough customization so I rather get back to it later

It takes a lot of effort just to stay on the road in dirt rally, it's very intense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm

For immersion I'd recommend going the Initial D route.
Get a low-end race car, stick with that low-end race car and race only one track.
Get good with that one car on that one track.
Then take that car on a new track and get good on it.
And another track and another track.
Then try another, faster car.

Edit: Oh and don't scratch that car, treat like it's your real car, don't be fast at first. First priority is to make it to the end of the track without much if any damage.
Behave as if you give a shit about that car and as if things matter -> Immersion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Good idea, maybe I was trying too hard last time, especially in Dirt rally it was challenging for me to finish without driving off the road
An example:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:36 pm

That "Caution!" was a bit late, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:16 am

I should stop watching these Dirt videos they make me want to play it, I am not able to play it right now on my PC since I would have to reboot, but I have had a problem with my computer that it makes 3 beeps when booting and doesn't boot on first try (it makes 3 beeps even if I get it to boot) so I have just kept my computer open for many months until I get new ram, hopefully it's not a motherboard issue. I have been able to boot it all this time if it happened to shut down, but it just takes many attempts, feels like it's all about luck since even resetting CMOS or going to BIOS didn't help everytime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 am

Sometimes a booting issue in regards to RAM is having set too high of a frequency/too stringent timings.
Could also be a power supply issue, or an indirect PSU issue. I think you mentioned some issue with it some time ago? Or was that somebody else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm

I don't remember, but could haven been me since it's been many months. I replaced a broken PSU already (the PSU was making a lot of noise and some USB ports were little static) and it got better so I suspected that broken PSU had damaged one of the ram sticks, but wasn't entirely sure so didn't buy new ram yet to try it out, but I probably will try it out soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

I'd try lowering the RAM frequency first, cause maybe it's the motherboard.
Could be that one of the capacitors which are responsible for stabilising the power delivery to the RAM got damaged (among other things) and then lowering the frequency should help.

It could also help to inspect the motherboard for bad looking (bloated/corroded/burned) capacitors or parts, or the RAM for that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:39 am

Have to look into it maybe next month, there isn't anything noticeable on the motherboard, forgot to mention otherwise the PC works normally I can play anything etc just meant that the logitech wheel needs a reboot in order to work. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Dirt Rally is good but in some events the AI is too hard and unbeatable. I didn't like the atmosphere of Forza it was stupid, just very sterile. In Forza 4 when you hit the dirt, it puts an artificial amount of damping on the vehicle, like a kid's game. The physics of Forza 6 and 7 are also just very off, I played those for 1 day and gave up, I just wasn't having fun with them. Forza Horizon's atmosphere is less sterile, but more mind-numbing. The Forza series seems too decadent and modern-European, like it has no grit or backbone in the game, like it feels hollow, like a metaphorical replay of Citizen Kane's Xanadu mansion. Gt4 and Gt5 had no ability to wreck, which was lame, I'm not sure if GT6 ever made it into the 20th century and added car damage, I'm not sure, maybe they did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play

Back to top Go down

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next