Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Alternative Life-Styles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Alternative Life-Styles Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Life-Styles Alternative Life-Styles EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 8:03 am

The entire concept of being a tribe within a tribe points to the underlying concept of being among people you have a minimal relationship with, and can hardly relate to.
Shift in perspective means you adjust your world-view based on your more refined sense of self, which fits perfectly with the forums's motto: Know Thyself.
To know who and what you are means you know what is truly valuable, to you, and what you can do without.
This, in turn, directs you to a more discriminating perception of others.
instead of decreasing discrimination, as the current cultural demands, it actually makes you more discerning.
Not only do you not abandon race and sexual identities but you begin to notice sub-categories that accentuate divergence from a norm.

Living in modern urban, so called multicultural environments modifies your natural perception of diversity to the circumstances.
This is why places like Canada produce interesting people. There's no real central culture to reduce everyone to a soup like consistency, as it is in the States, and there's no uniformity to identify with.
Therefore, you become a wild-man living among strange creatures, that may appear human, but are slightly different.
Urban cosmopolitanism lends itself to the tribe within a tribe adjustment.
The world has become, for all intents and purposes, humanity, but instead of oneness it produces fragmentation, cliques, clans, solitary living within multiplicity, nomads in a stationary living environment.
The Nihilistic milieu that has converted the human into an idea, also makes ideological fragmentation possible.
Because nothing genetic is accepted, what divides is the idea, the shared principles, and beliefs.
Species designations are replaced by ideological ones: hunters and the prey, the herds, the packs, and the lone bears established by genetic predisposition, attitude, expressed by life-choices within the shared uniformity of modern living - the so called american dream, that has become globalized.
Surrounded by those who tell you they are 'just like you' you feel alone in crowds, or at home with strangers.
Finding and keeping close to your group becomes a feat equal to what an organism would face in the wilds.

Everything changes context, as we shift from gene to meme: watering holes, hunting & foraging, mating, farming, staking out a claim over a territory and defending its borders, raising a brood, finding your own kind and recognizing them from all others 'species', all change.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Life-Styles Alternative Life-Styles EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 am

Van Life

An alternative lifestyle.
Not for me.
A different species of manimal.
I can appreciate the benefits of moving around, but also the costs.
I'm more of a cave dweller.
I need a home base.
a small, but large enough space, private, to place the few gadgets and modern accessories I require to remain sane.
a stable and reliable internet connection, because in the cave the only contact with the world is through this electronic window, and although my cave requires large glass windows, with panoramic views, they must also offer seclusion by suing height as a distance...sort of like living on forest canopies is a tree hollow.
That would be my ideal, for the manimal I am.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Life-Styles Alternative Life-Styles EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 8:22 am

This is closer to what my manimal species would prefer.

But I'm more of an urban sub-category....I live living in the middle of it all.
There, but not there.
Alone in the middle of multiplicity.
Isolated amidst the communal.

I realized height can compensate for distance.
So I chose my condo accordingly.
I am surrounded and still isolated.
A home base.

People do not realize how little you need to be happy and healthy.
If you include taxes, shelter, food, some basic amenities/luxuries, which could be minimal, depending on your personality, then you can live a decent life with very little money.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Life-Styles Alternative Life-Styles EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 8:44 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Life-Styles Alternative Life-Styles EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 am

Adapting our thinking to these new circumstances, converting the genetic to memetic criteria, we might recognize some new emerging patterns common among these new nomadic clans, living within and on the periphery of Modern living.
There's a parasitical component, if we dislodge our thinking from Modern Nihilism, and take their identifiers for granted.
They insist that world=humanity, even if they do not know this is what they imply, and they insist that you must judge a man by the 'content of his character' of how he thinks and what behaviors this thinking expresses itself through, and that "you cannot judge a book by its cover" assuming that an organism is like a book written upon by society/culture, and that we are all whatever we claim to be, our identity determined consciously, forgetting how this may also be a product of a genetic predisposition.
Let's their words as a statement of intent, whether it be delusional or not, and adjust our own perspective accordingly.

So, now we can no longer call these alternative lifestyles parasitical, on more than we can call wolves following herds around and living by harvesting, exploiting their weakness, parasitical.
A wolf lives off the land, which is now civilization - a memetic, man-made environment.
YouTube, or the internet is how the different packs communicate, over long distances - a wolf's howl.
A common trait among the above mentioned memetic species is the ability to earn extra cash, harvest the land (acquire abstracted resources in the form of money), through the internet, using YouTube.
Buffalo herds, dear herds, whatever herd was roaming the earth freely is now protected, and restricted.
A new self-declaring herd of humans has taken their place, and wherever there are herds there are species that exploit them as a resource - predators, farmers.
Symbiotic relationships also emerge, some based on exploitation and others on cooperation.

Herd types need vast expanses and continuous foraging regurgitating, fertilizing.
They gather in groups and feed in usually the same territories, frequenting the same watering holes, on mass.
They seek the comfort of their own kind, in vast numbers. for them quantities, popularity, is an indication of quality.
Then there are the predatory types, usually congregating into small collective groups, to exploit the first type.
Hierarchies are important, to establish identity and to determine direction and sequence. A shared language, as with gangs, is essential.
Something comprehensible, and yet distinct enough to distinguish them from the herd types.
Then there is the rarer lone coyote, or grizzly bear.
It is impressive and yet seeks isolation.
You never mess with this type for long.
It seeks its own kind rarely...to reproduce.

There are may sub-categories, each relating to a particular natural niche survival type.
From scavenger, to vermin, rats feeding on extreme, and from herd manimal to predator.
Bugs, snakes, worms, birds....each animal a metaphor for a manimal.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Life-Styles Alternative Life-Styles Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternative Life-Styles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1