Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 am

Anfang wrote:

Materialism is what happens when you want this, when you want the fire to fade.

Heroism is when you don't want it to fade, you want it to grow and remain dancing with the darkness.

One for Blood.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 pm

The only time of sincere ignorance is when ignorance results in false titles and accolades. Idiots given the title of 'expert' and 'genius', then claim it for themselves and profess their ignorance for all. What can be taken for maliciousness is then actually sincere ignorance from either the maliciousness of others giving them the title or the ignorance of others giving the title of expertise to someone who is simply less ignorant than they. This is why one should avoid keeping company with idiots who praise them and why Tarzan looked for his own kind instead of being satisfied with the acceptance of gorillas alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Economics, money, currency, is the driver of the future. It is a testament to one's contributions to the society it is within. It's the fruit of youth to excellence in their older. When someone so excellent comes along that they are given disproportionate amounts of money or their contribution was so invaluable that there couldn't be a price attributed to it, then is when that society goes through convulsions it doesn't know how to deal with. It is during those convulsions that change takes place, for bad or for good. If that society does not return to the fundamental principles during that tumultuous time of change (whether that change is good or bad), then it will be taking a gamble against the very tradition that brought them there to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Stopped in to respond to a private, though it would rude to not say 'hey' while I'm here, so: Hey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Hey, good to see you around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:47 pm

On statistics...

Scully, Vin wrote:
Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost; for support, not illumination.
Twain, Mark wrote:
Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.
Twain, Mark wrote:
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Clay, Henry wrote:
Statistics are no substitute for judgment.
Esar, Evan wrote:
Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

And my favourite...
Baudrillard, Jean wrote:
Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfillment.

How you ask a question, where you ask it, who you ask, the fact that you ask it, and then the manner in which you explain the answers, is how statistics offer nothing more than numbers that require an explanation - patterns (knowledge), that require pattern deciphering (understanding), or how these patterns relate to each other and to the world/environment they emerge in.

The world itself, as it appears, is the backdrop against which all understanding must compare itself.
For example, the shape, color, scent, sound, texture of a fruit, is what I use to determine what kind it is, and in what stage of ripening it is in. I use this data to judge it, and how it relates to me, and my won objectives.
If I am interested in nutrition, I judge if it is edible, if it is toxic, if it tastes good or bad.
I build a picture with the relationship of the sensual input - shape, relative to size, relative to scent, to colour, and so on, producing a web of relationships = meaning.
I then test my hypothesis, and no mater how many times I do I still must remain skeptical, expecting the exception to precedent, to the rule I've produced in my mind, concerning how all these patterns relate and what they mean when in conjunction.
With every validation, I become confident with my concept.
I may even construct a natural law, concerning it.
The exception, if and when it arises, will be juxtaposed against all the preceding validations, and explained.
If exceptions accumulate, I must question my own rule, or add to it a caveat. I may have to adjust the rule or discard it, depending no how many and convincing the exceptions to my rule are: quantity and quality.

I call 'truth' a concept that has been validated by me, and by others, numerous times. The more times the more my trust, and confidence rises in regards to its validity.
How, it then, relates, interlocks, harmonizes, with other rules/laws, based on precedent, reinforces them, or puts them all into question.
Where, how, and why do they contradict each other.
The process can take years....and with each year one builds a conceptual edifice, if and when one is honest, courageous and has integrity = motive.

If the pattern is given to me, taught to me, i must doubt it more, depending on the source, and how objectively I can judge its clarity and motives.
Even knowledge coming from your own blood must be juxtaposed against reality, the world, which remains indifferent to all human needs, and motives.
The earlier one discards inherited mistakes, the easier the process of building up a new base from more reliable sources...otherwise the accumulated investment in emotion, will be too much to overcome.
Strength of will is fundamental, and this is determined by genetics, which can be enhanced using Hellenic asceticism...just as inherited physical feebleness can be enhances with exercise.
Unavoidably, each individual inherits a genetic limit not even chemical technologies can overcome completely.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:06 pm

A big difference between philosophy forums are those that focus on socializing and popularity.

This forum leads into the more 'unsociable' and 'unpopular' because philosophy includes areas that are simply socially unacceptable, or even unacceptable "to humanity". This is the analogy of the "human world" or human = world. By definition a majority of the human population, and definitely the average, live 'within' humanity and the walls of civilization. This can be called a bubble, bubble-reality, matrix, cocoon, infantilism, stunted growth, immaturity, solipsism, autism, etc. But this wall must be overcome and trespassed to expand definition of 'world' to everything "outside".

Outside-reality is greater than human-reality. To break through the wall of civilization and humanity, is the necessary "reconnect" back to nature. Not only physically, but especially mentally and spiritually. For example, going fishing, hunting, camping, is not enough for the modern mind. Despite doing these activities, the point is missed. There are 'mental' walls, invisible barriers, that people dare not cross. Perhaps that is a "good" thing for the most part. As social order, status quos, are maintained. Thus the average human approaches Philosophy socially and politically, with vested interests in mind.

Dishonest approaches to Philosophy are revealed, over time, eventually. Individuals have a compulsion to expose themselves. People keep secrets and want to release them. What better place to do so than philosophically, where the deepest and darkest corners of reality are explored, and lit up?

The philosophical mind has the tendency to reveal all, to lift every rock, to peer inside every mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Philosophy is art, now placed in the hands of talentless nit-wits wanting to sell nonsense to gullible imbecile who pay a high price to display their hypothetical cultivation.
It has become, like most Modern art, surreal, abstracted esoteric insinuations used by frauds to exploit human gullibility and desperation.

The pseudo-philosopher, like the tallentless f-artist, insinuates his brilliance, forcing the anxious audience to project upon his f-Art flatulence, their own deepest anxieties and hopes.
like the f-artist painter, there's no way to determine intent or talent, as there si no realism to copare it to.
The f-art is psychotic vomit, the observer can find his own imagery within, like when he stares upon the passing clouds for shapes he can project his understanding upon.
The painter uses hues, lines, shapes, hinting, arranged in unrealistic, fantasy combinations, utterly nonsensical...and the modern "philosopher' does the same with symbols and words.

Where there's a fool there's a charlatan to exploit him.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" as the saying goes, but in the case of the fool of foolosohy, there is no reason to be parted from the brain.
There's only a cavernous sucking void, desperate for fulfillment, an external penis to penetrate and fertilize its womb-like skull with an idea(l), and an identity.

Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Time (Existence) has a way of forcing concessions, one after another, after another, and then after a million others, up until Death. Death is the final concession, giving in, defeat, mortality. All life must confront death eventually. Most put it off until the end, by which they are taken by surprise. Humanity has developed this selective ignorance, which is sophisticated. In other words, humans have the intelligence to understand and anticipate death, better than any lesser organism, yet still, actively chooses to ignore the topic and matter of death. Humanity selectively ignores and "puts off" death to a latter date, a lazy procrastination.

It feels better to keep bad habits and enjoy luxury/hedonism instead. Death is "far away", a belief that most enjoy to have. Thus the human civilization develops nihilistic tendencies. Rather than remembering on a daily basis that life is precious and fleeting, temporary, humanity has given into nihilistic premises that "we get an afterlife", "we go to heaven", "there is no hell", etc. Humans largely avoid the death premise entirely. "We are immortal, granted eternal life by God", which is the Abrahamic ideology and religions.

But if you return to Nature, pagan roots, ancient tribalism, European culture, Greek Hellenism, philosophy, then life and death are reduced back to the origins, which is Reality. Life and death are rendered real, once again. Daily struggles, or even the complexes of nihilism, fantasies, ideals, all reflect cycles of life and death.

For example, what people call any "Beginning" or "Start" is a reflection of birth, and all "Endings" and "Ends" are reflections of death.

This is the essence of the Anthropomorphication Fallacy. Humans believe that "because I was born" and "because I die" that all other things must begin and end, live or die, which is a great falsity. Does a rock "begin"? Does a rock "end"? Does a waterfall live and die? Does the flow of rain and air begin and end? Does time begin and end? Does existence begin and end?

Compared to the vanity of human ego and consciousness?

Just because you die, just because we die, just because I die, doesn't mean you get to "take everybody with you", which is a compulsion of vengeance and hatred, nihilism, resentiment.

The children and teenagers who "hate their lives" develop a psychosis and selfish neurosis that "if I can't have my way then nobody can have their way", Resentiment leading to Nihilism.

"If I must end then existence must end with me." Solipsism.

All built on the same anthropomorphic fallacy. A grand fallacy, a common error, an irrationality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm

There's plenty of consequences and plenty of history to a language having the concept of 'real' and 'fake' as adjectives.
Did the world lie to you or did your eyes? Or was there no lying at all, but the senses an imperfect tool - like taking a rock to a nail instead of a hammer, and your other senses and abilities work as a complete system to behold truth? Just like your fingers grip the rock a particular way and the hammer another, for the same ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:09 am

The parasite says: Do not get rid of me, instead use your ill health as an excuse to acquire more resources from your brethren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:54 am

The nihilist defines consciousness as its opposite. Instead of consciousness erupting from perturbation of their normal physiological state, they claim that their conscience is their normal physiological state and not the reviving of and continued disruption of their state as a process of carving out their ignorance (as bliss). With no suffering, no impetus, they discount uncertainty by willful ignorance. So when they speak of another exploiting their consciousness, they mean exploiting their ignorance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 am

Holding other people responsible for your ignorance: a recipe to surround yourself with liars and idiots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:25 am

The common modern chases after the sweetest fruit and indulges. But how long until unsatisfied, yet again? Sweetness cannot be so appreciated without tasting bitterness. And if you taste the bitterest items of all then all others, including the mediocre, become sweet by comparison.

So the truths produced by philosophy, sweet as they maybe, with mind-candy here and there, can only truly be appreciated after learning of their most bitter foundations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Modern man seems to have a hard time with respecting an enemy.
They have to either hate them or feel sorry for them.
Muslim rape gangs? Can’t hate the Muslims, that would be racist, so you gotta feel sorry for them.
The idea of slave-morality comes to mind.

That's how they will always relate to it.
In that way, slave-morality man will have to witness such vile acts and be exposed to it, that it will switch around his programmed allegiances.
Right now he hates other Whites and feels sorry for the browns and "oppressed".
This either "hate" or "feel sorry" dualism can't be changed for this kind of man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Anfang wrote:
Modern man seems to have a hard time with respecting an enemy.
They have to either hate them or feel sorry for them.
Muslim rape gangs? Can’t hate the Muslims, that would be racist, so you gotta feel sorry for them.
The idea of slave-morality comes to mind.

That's how they will always relate to it.
In that way, slave-morality man will have to witness such vile acts and be exposed to it, that it will switch around his programmed allegiances.
Right now he hates other Whites and feels sorry for the browns and "oppressed".
This either "hate" or "feel sorry" dualism can't be changed for this kind of man.
Insanity is the product of Modernity.
Detachment from reality, is another way of describing insanity.
The enemy, in this case, is insanity. A mental disorder, perpetuated by a mental virus - a Nihilistic meme that uses symbols/words, and exploit nature organic anxieties, and desires.
The insane could be feared or pitied, and fear can become hatred, while pity can become sympathy.

All emotion should be taken out of the analysis and the tactics to deal with this sickness of the spirit.
Do not give into it, fight it...beginning with yourself.

Things become more pitiful when you consider the fact that this dis-ease is intentional....the sick intentionally make themselves ill, to garner sympathy, and an advantage, where none can be found, for them.
Hating them will not work, because they identify with being victims, and seek to make others despise them so as to become more sure of their new, detached, surreal, sense of self.
You can only fight this, parasitical mental dis-ease on its level of reproduction....symbols/words.
War like No Other.

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:51 pm

I think they don't care that much if I actually hate them or not because anything that threatens their sense of self will be interpreted as hate anyway.
Any interaction will be interpreted the way it pleases them.

For the most part it's all for the silent reader or for my own sake to sort things out for myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Anfang wrote:
I think they don't care that much if I actually hate them or not because anything that threatens their sense of self will be interpreted as hate anyway.
Any interaction will be interpreted the way it pleases them.
But they do wants you to hate them, if you do not love, adore, admire them.
They despise indifference.
hating them feeds into their identifier, as victim, as the chosen to suffer, for the sake of goodness, god, for the betterment of mankind and so on.

They feed on emotions, sensations, some divert towards hedonism, pure pleasing sensations.
When they detach symbols/words from their external references, in world, in phenomena, they attach them to emotions, sensations, or more primal abstractions, either in their own brain, or in the brain of another. Inter-Subjectivity.
For this reason they have to be part of an entourage, a following, or be the one followed. Acknowledgment, adulation, submission.
their symbols/words are impotent, useless, without this connection to other minds, to create popularity.
Some, wanting to extend their power of influence outside living organism, project mind as belonging to nonliving matter/energy.
All is conscious, makes of their impotence potent. This is how they expand their field of effect, to include all of existence, and not only life, ro the smaller part that actually belongs to the same culture and so can react to the symbols/words in the same way...can be affected by symbols/words.

Anfang wrote:
For the most part it's all for the silent reader or for my own sake to sort things out for myself.
Yes...for me as well.
I hold no hope for them. they cannot be recycled.

Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Conflate sense-denial with rationality and you'll have a nihilistic party.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

It is only in religion that liars can never be virtuous. For everything else there exists justification that can make the liar virtuous; even natural game theory which has a policy of reciprocity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 am

Both the strong and weak desire total peace, the strong to maintain his dominating status without stress, and the weak for survival.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Many on the "alt-right" identify themselves with the former without understanding that most of the "dominant" men today (even within their race) do not wish to look back to tradition, for this would restrict their sexual freedom and make their dominance open to challenge once more.

Its only the "middle men" who will care about their cause, because as its been said before, this "war" is against them and only them, say what you will about race but its only the "middle men" who represent the core essence of a race. Its the "middle men" who first build and sustain tribes and cultures, not the cowardly geniuses or dumb meatheads, in fact such extremes tend to destroy them more often than not.

The white race in a sense is the "middle race" when compared to the others but its extremes have clearly lost their essence today.
IQ might regress to the mean, but does the attitude toward existence regress?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:39 am

Yes.

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:55 am

Satyr wrote:
Yes.
Of course, but it wont be due to their breeding. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 am

The resentful man says, when the weak who once mocked him gets overpowered by inevitable consequences in nature: "That is justice."
The one haunted by their own genetic, cultural or social inferiority says: "This is unjust."
The one bothered by another's passion to align circumstance with their own benefit to the bothered one's detriment, says "Challenging me is unjust/hatred/etc."

Heraclitus wrote:
Sea is the purest and most polluted water: for fish drinkable and healthy, for men undrinkable and harmful. (B61)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 am

Euphemisms are absurd by themselves and the countenancing of euphemism as literally true is the project of simplistic and charlatan minds.

Art is not euphemism, but the outpouring of nervous noumenological energies.

Euphemism is a dead language, the same way a body full of morphine is dead. Those who utilize euphemism pile up towers of dead bodies as a way to hide from a conscience; their own or another's.

Every euphemism should be accompanied by a commitment independent of but related to the euphemism itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Sexual Dysfunctions, Scat, Piss:

There are many forms of pornography and hedonistic sexual acts of Modernity. But scat and piss are near the top forms of degradation and I can explain why. Much of modernity revolves around resentiment between males and females. I hypothesize that these are extensions of the child-father (paternal) or child-mother (maternal) relationship. Because how individuals interact and perceive the father or mother, extend to most other aspects of life. Thus those who are resentful of men, usually have the same resentful relationship of his/her own father, or mother vice-versa. Thus there are Moderns who want to deface and demean the opposite gender, as a metaphorical and indirect method to deface one's own father/mother. Or to deface and demean themselves, also as an indirect relationship to one's own gender.

If a child is lacking attention from his/her father, or mother, then this will appear in later life as attention-seeking via the corresponding gender (or both in the case of absent parents altogether). Furthermore the same occurs with degradation and defacement of one or either gender, corresponding to the same parental background.

So in short, the defacement and degradation of one or either gender, of the same or opposite gender, does reflect the child-parent relationship as well as general gender-relationships throughout life. If a child is constantly bullied, harassed, and abused by males, the father, females, the mother, then these interactions will eventually manifest in the sexual proclivity of the individual.

This also applies to the "transgender" types, those who hate and despise their own gender, or want to embody the 'other' gender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Confronting the Modern:

Hypothetical question. If social patterns and aspects of human personal lives have not changed very much over the course of the last 3000 years, then what makes you believe things WILL change, or even that things OUGHT to change, different than as they are now?

To the Modern, this is a big question, of change, how humanity will change and/or OUGHT to change. This also bleeds into Liberal-Leftism and Modern politicking in general. Young people always want to "change" the world (to suit their own personal and selfish agendas, or those of their indoctrinated institution). But has the world really changed, from the past? The words change, but the meanings stay the same. Today we call people "Human" but yesterday we called them "Christians and Jews". Did the meaning change? No, it did not.

Yesterday we called it "child-sacrifice" and "blood-letting". Today we call it "abortion". The same social phenomenons occurring, but change the words around, and all-of-a-sudden, we (humanity) have "progressed" into a "whole new era".

The people of the book, by the book, still believe today, that if you change the words around, you change the world around too. This is a flaw of course, a falsity, but an easy distraction which 'Moderns' (by the definition) always fall for. A common trick that works against the common populace.

The ancient wisdoms still hold true. Science has not "progressed" in the same way "humanity" has not progressed, or if it has, then very little and slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Lack of Philosophical Production:

Other than Satyr and myself, who else is 'producing' philosophy? Who else is offering material, insights, observations, discussions, arguments? Nobody on this forum, and nobody on ILP. Even these "philosophy" forums are very lacking. There are few, or no, individuals with passion, drive, intellect, required for philosophy. I wish that there were more vibrance and life in the field. But there's not.

If Satyr and I are the only Philosophers, then something must be done. I want to encourage another, more participation, more challenges, more disagreements, conflict, and pursuit of higher goals and ideals. But pragmatically, we must work with the materials we have.

Of the current participants of philosophy forums, who has potential to grow, learn, and exceed the norm?

Currently I'm looking at Magnus Anderson on ILP. Other than him, there is a significant lacking and hole, cavity, absence of philosophical minds.

KT has fallen from its original state. This is mostly a dead forum (except Satyr and I, breathing life into it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Lying:

Lying is always a disrespectful action because the liar's premise is that the listener is unwise enough to not deserve telling the truth, and/or that the listener is too stupid to recognize the lie from the onset. So the listener is naive, stupid, or both. That is the necessary component of every lie.

Hypothetically, if an individual was intelligent enough, then he would see through every lie, most of which would be easy, and complex lies would be revealed with more rationalization.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Æon wrote:
Lack of Philosophical Production:

Other than Satyr and myself, who else is 'producing' philosophy?  Who else is offering material, insights, observations, discussions, arguments?  Nobody on this forum, and nobody on ILP.  Even these "philosophy" forums are very lacking.  There are few, or no, individuals with passion, drive, intellect, required for philosophy.  I wish that there were more vibrance and life in the field.  But there's not.

If Satyr and I are the only Philosophers, then something must be done.  I want to encourage another, more participation, more challenges, more disagreements, conflict, and pursuit of higher goals and ideals.  But pragmatically, we must work with the materials we have.

Of the current participants of philosophy forums, who has potential to grow, learn, and exceed the norm?

Currently I'm looking at Magnus Anderson on ILP.  Other than him, there is a significant lacking and hole, cavity, absence of philosophical minds.

KT has fallen from its original state.  This is mostly a dead forum (except Satyr and I, breathing life into it).

But is there a lack of Philosophical Practice?

Perhaps some are too busy sowing the pragmatic seeds by which the seeds you and Satyr produce can flourish.

Of course ideally one should do both and have a balance, but this is limited by inherited potentials and circumstances.

What can we really say that we haven't heard before? As you and Satyr previously alluded, nothing really is new, only the way we dress it up with words and technologies.

I am worried about the decline in quality of such interpretations and with time, even the possible nihilistic reinterpretation of such works as it has happened with Nietzsche.

With time, other Daemons will have to rise to continue the endless battle against entropy...the only question is...who will lead them. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 pm

What I consider 'new' in what I have to say is in regards to the dis-ease diagnosed by Nietzsche as nihilism.
I say 'new' because I have yet to find anyone who has said what I have, or has fleshed out the symptoms, in society, in politics, in psychology and in philosophy itself, by exposing how language is being corrupted.
Feminization of Mankind was the tip of an iceberg I had no idea about how deep it went, at the time when I only saw the tip protruding over the surface.
Since then I've explored the mass of this intellectual tumour.

In the area of metaphysics nothing new has been said, because nothing new can be said, other than recombining and renaming the old.

I consider myself a diagnostician, reading the signs and symptoms of a dis-ease that lies dormant in all of us, and is triggered by specific circumstances.
I have focused on these symptoms.

Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:12 pm

What I learned on ILP is that if you are interested in philosophy, and engaging others, then you must learn to provoke, taunt, antagonize, and even "bully". You must be the bad guy, or even, "evil". You must goad others into "thinking" and expressing themselves. Because moderns are cowards, and they hide their ignorance, which maybe a reasonable act, considering how little and stupid moderns have to say about existence. When moderns express their opinions, then what do we see? What have we seen, for years now, on ILP, ILO, and other "philosophy" forums? Are modern thoughts impressive? Or are they not easily refuted, overturned, and pierced through? It's easy to poke holes in the meager reasoning of moderns, because they don't really think long or hard. These are superficial, average, mediocre minds. And so their opinions express their intelligence and potential.

There is no great nurturing, also for reasons we've mentioned. There is a dumbing-down effect throughout civilization. Societies don't necessarily want 'smart' and intelligent individuals around, despite the claims otherwise. Because what civilization wants is actually indoctrination, sterilization, and emasculation. The moderns want to stay in their blissful mindsets.

So when I talk about Philosophy, Philosophers, and Modernity, what I mean is that very few, if any Moderns, will have an interest in philosophy, or will have potential and much growth in philosophy. What is the perception of Philosophy on ILP? What does philosophy mean to moderns? Use Smears as an example. Philosophy is a route and path for "being cool", avant garde, impressionable, half-authoritarian. Having worthwhile thoughts, bits and pieces of wisdom. For those ILP, being a "Philosopher" equals quoting dead philosophers. And quoting dead philosophers is "doing philosophy", to them. So it is for the rest of modernity. They do not know "real" philosophy. They do not know *doing* philosophy. The thought never occurs to them to *do* philosophy. They don't know how to do philosophy, because they don't really know what philosophy is.

Thus those with higher potential, and fervent drive, will become unsatisfied and seek out new sources. Somebody who is truly Philosophical, a Philosopher, will become desperate to seek out his own kind.

It's not exactly like there is some "deep mystery" to life and humanity, civilization, but rather the amounts of indoctrination and misinformation build to the size of mountains. Humans and moderns are buried in indoctrination, inherited lies over centuries and millenniums. Thus we talk about Abrahamism, the popular religions, regularly. And Philosophy very much involves "returning to nature", getting back to the roots, going back to the ancient past, before the incessant twisting and turning of Abrahamism. Abrahamism has very much perverted paganistic ideologies, tribes, and peoples for so long, eventually breaking them down and merging them together. Of course, Christianity was a process of thousands of years. It did not occur overnight. The virus spreads slowly, and after it overcomes the defenses, spreads quickly thereafter.

Modernity and Philosophy does not mix well. We've discussed solipsism at length as well. Moderns are stuck in infantile and childish mindsets. These impede their philosophical drives, leaving them amateur at best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Æon
Wyrm

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Antagonism:

In order to nurture something, be it a plant or animal, you must apply degrees of stress: goading, taunting, provoking, etc. You must Antagonize (Ant-agony) it. There is the myth in western culture about the "hero", the good guy, the Protagonist. But the defender of society isn't necessarily good. Protagony defends the status-quo, the indoctrination, the shared delusions, the code, the word. Protagonists are not rebels. They are not free. They are slaves. They are bound by the people they protect, and can never truly inspire or raise the young to their full potential. Because as the first point stands, to build and strengthen an organism, you must prepare it for the challenges of life.

If a young organism cannot handle small stress then what makes you believe it can handle great stress later in life? If a sapling cannot stand being pushed and pulled a little bit, then how do you expect it to stand through a hurricane or tornado? It is only through Antagony that organisms stand the chance to endure.

So it is with philosophy as well. A philosopher must be proactive in this. If you want a philosophical culture and climate, if you want to inspire, then you must stick your hand into the mud and work with the material. You must churn the water yourself. This means causing stress and harm, to a degree. This has occurred already on ILP, the reason and cause behind the bans, censorship, name-calling, and everything. They are done for reasons. Authorities must be tested and challenged. The limits must be met.

Otherwise you cannot respect the "philosophy" of those claiming the title of it. ILP is a joke, for this reason. They cannot stand the test of philosophy, thus not worth the name, and not earning the name.

A young child can claim to be anything: a banana, a car, an elephant, etc. Claiming you are something, means nothing. You must be the thing. You must do the thing. And simply, on most philosophy forums, "philosophy" is not being done. It is not being enacted. Those who are philosophers, or have the potential of philosophy, must rise to the top. Often this time means challenging authority, other males, other interpretations. Testing another can mean breaking his or her delusions. Females are not fit for such activity, easily taking offense and immediately turning to emotional counters, personal innuendos, and character defamation.

If you goad a woman, philosophically, then she will retaliate with "you have a small penis", and the rest of ILP will derail your thread. For example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:32 am

The inauthentic resent their fear of the dark. The authentic and rational regret not fearing it enough when their lack of care for it results in injury. The authentic and irrational fear a supernatural monster around every corner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 am

In the coming age it will take an exceptional kind of sexual frustration to risk flirting with a modernized female.
A male so needy, so indifferent to the consequences of his "sexual assault" that he is willing to risk incarceration, or years of legal costs and battles, in the hope that he can have a sexual relationship with a female.
Tables are turned.
Females will have to be the ones to make the 'first move', and gently coax a male who would be unwilling to risk a day-after change of mind.
Feminization of man, leaving a void to be filled by women....compensating with a a pretense of masculinity, with the backing of the State - Masculinization of females.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Degenerates cannot understand what philosophy is.
They think philosophy is spirituality, or psychology.

Philosophy cannot tell any individual how to live his or her life, it can only describe and define an environment, within which an individual exists.
Philosophy cannot tell each and every individual how he or she ought to live his/her life, that's why religion, spirituality and psychology does, or attemtps to do.
That's what wannabe messiahs, gurus, those who covet a following, a mass of needy, desperate, nit-wits may attempt to do using philosophy as a pretext, as an impressive vehicle to mesmerize, using words and mystical symbols, and manipulate and exploit stupidity.

Philosophy is not politics, but it can be used for politics.

Philosophy exposes the world, and the organisms that occupy it, and it is the individual himself, herself, that must then take this insight to orient himself/herself, to give themselves a realistic objective, and not dedicate themselves to wild goose chases, and to then find their own path towards this objective.

Philosophy does not give private tutoring, or an intimate advice.....that's what spirituality and psychology does, and only if it has integrity does it do so with great care and humility.

Philosophy deals in categories, generalities, masses, types, as does psychology.
Psychology also establishes some general psychological types, and then places the individual within them, after a private, personal analysis.
Philosophy describes and defines the shared, objective world, and then defines and describes, as objectively as possible, the organisms, the life, that finds itself within this shared environment.
To offer a personalized analysis, one must know more than the generalities that define masses of people.
One must know his past, as accurately as possible, not his assessment, judgment of this past, but a past void of emotional interpretations...then one must study the environment this individual was born in, raised, and lives within...then one must analyze the particular traits and their distribution, their limits and the degree of their cultivation in this individual...then the advisor must take the individual's own motives, goals, into consideration before he can offer such personalized advice.

Philosophy deals in groups, and environments, not in individuals within said groups.
There is no specific philosophical manual dedicated to each individual....there is no private philosophical text.
Philosophy is about humanity, because it emerges within this species.
Humanity in relation to pre-civilization environment; humanity in relation to the emergence of human artificial, manmade, fabricated environments; humanity in relation to nature, to world, to realistic and unrealistic ideologies.
Humanity in relation to language.
Not even psychology, or spirituality, which is focused on the needs of the individual does not deal with each individual separately, but creates general groupings, categories.

It is the individual's responsibility to read philosophy, determine which one makes sense, which one is more realistic, and which ones are surreal, fantasies, delusions; it is the responsibility of the individual to then take the insights and apply them to his particular circumstances.

Like with medical manuals.
Medicine deals in illness all can become sick with....and with health in general ways....then studies how disease affects each individual, within general categories.
There is no separate medical manual for John, and one for Mary.
There is no specific manual on how Bill ought o live a healthy life, or what kind of diet Bobby ought to have to remain healthy.
There are general guidelines.
Manuals with general symptoms, concerning general diseases affecting the general public.
For a private session you go and see the doctor and describe your particular discomforts, and your situation.

Where do these imbeciles come from?
Seriously!!
What rock do so many imbeciles live under?

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 am

Can't believe these two fucks are the voice of reason and common sense, with an egalitarian spin, in our world.
I almost vomited at the fake camaraderie, the laughing at adolescent joking around.
They congratulate each other, pull away from race realism, and focus on what the MRA started...the only permissible form of realism: male/female, differences, and transexuality...or the so-called identity crisis.
Living off the bottom of the barrel.

Notice Milo's new set of teeth. Not quite a good fit for his blowjobing mouth.

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:06 am

They are the voice of people who believe Will&Grace is or at least should be social reality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:44 am

To the liar, honesty is degenerate because it requires less effort - even if it is a demonstration of a higher tolerance through permitted vulnerability. The liar believes every act of honesty should never go unexploited, to call out (with resentful vengeance) the presumptive graciousness of the honest. And, it is their claim that his 'safety' with being honest is a result of oppression and their victimization. Only on their backs does he take a moral high ground against them where they must deceive. Then, they become honest about their maliciousness and express truths to try and pretend they are the same, but only after having built the safety they presume to have with lies themselves. On a mountain of, with walls of lies, they express their hatred as a truth and then expect the same treatment to themselves as others give to the one who had committed no deception from the foundation - or had been so reluctant to ever lie that they only did it when necessary for survival or in a campaign of competing interests that they're aware lying has been utilized. And the weak, the sensitive, the dramatic and dishonest from fragility, say that they only lied because of the devils of their weakness and fear of death. They hide that they lie even when offered a path not to lie because of their wicked hearts by feigning victimization and fragility; by converting their hatred to a last moment cry for mercy. And no thought enters them during that moment except that they deserve to lie to you, even if it meant the death of the whole species. Truth is derived from creativity and art - and the same energies that inspire reproduction. These sexually amorphous people take on the fabric and wears the truth of human culture as if they are shallow baubles, nothing but shallow means of acquiring more of what they always sought with their greed. There is no fatal commitment on their part to anything meaningful - no dedication to a god, faith or purpose could justify their own mortal deaths to them. They will send armies to battle but stay home when the fighting begins. And, they will accuse the honest of their own greatest sin, of lying - and it commits them to the most presumptive and conceited accusations; that they know the motives of the honorable better than the honorable themselves do. And, drawing from a cacophony of resentful allies, touting to be their representation, they load within the lie all the power of others' resentful histories. From the academics, they appeal to the resentment that the poor and uneducated believe in a God which would make them intellectual equals - appealing to their vanity that, reading a lot of books on history, makes them have better moral character than they. The academics that have a hard time reigning in their ruthless laughter when someone uneducated presumes to say something ignorant, even if that ignorant knowledge served him better than any possible alternative he believed to be available to him. For the poor, they appeal to their resentment over poverty, presuming it all the result of oppression. And recently, with ethnic others, they now make a rallying cry inserted into their call of intent (of the other) to call upon their own resentment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:48 am

Why do nations declare wars on one another before mobilizing? It is a human species commitment to each other. It is saying "I will now use any means, including lying, to usurp you and destroy you." Otherwise, no war need be declared formally. Even nations maintain a human commons of honorable engagement.

I know the critique that this is really a rallying cry to themselves and not to their enemy. A method of organizing instead of specieist confrontation.

How interesting it is then, that there is work now to declare war without declaring it and the war pigs have utilized the language of victimization for the maximization of war without declaration. The world policing labeled and extreme manned into a humanitarian crisis which opposes all citizen sensibilities. The Holocaust with its international plea for sympathy and declaration of protesters to be anti-semites, have enabled the world policing without being labeled a world police. We hear of the next gas attack, the next atrocity, and the industry promotes the racket of Semitic victimization to bludgeon the populace into accepting the sick extraction of wealth from their increasingly weary corpses to go help people overseas through military expenditure when they can hardly clothe and feed themselves. And when the citizenry run dry and begin to become upset, they import nonpartisans sharing none of the history into the country, to doubly distract the populace and then bludgeon them again with a spawn of that Holocaust racket (which millions of Jews acquired monetary entitlements for from Germany to the tune of $1000 per month) with accusations of "xenophobia" while establishing a new base from which to continually suck blood - a war of inverse imperialism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2

Back to top Go down

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next