Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:47 am

When one is confronted with doubt of the competency and trustworthiness of an entity, there is no point in expecting anything less than a full justice/justification that is evaluated stringently and mercilessly against that entity's own claims to virtue and sound perception when they contradict one's fundamental sense of reality. Giving up one's fundamental sense is the option of a coward, lest they forget what made them become so confident in their newfound proselytized reality, for they become more ardent believers the more thoroughly they doubted before - if they give it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 am

Hume appeared to believe that Pleasure was an attractive force and Pain was an avoidant force.

If pleasure is simply the numbing of pain, can it be 'attractive' or is it simply neutral? Indifferent.

I've noticed that a trick of Judases is not that they are good at becoming attractive, but instead they are good at disappearing and disownership. They will perform actions like molesting someone while pretending nothing is going on at all, causing immense confusion to the woman who is just getting her boundaries violated as if it were nothing. The sheer apparent indifference of the one performing the action is what frightens her into inaction and thinking it was nothing but a dream/imagination.

With sexual reproduction, the woman is not converting the invasive/violent act into something positive, but numbing the negative. The interaction numbs her existential burden of reproduction, which is all encompassing. People who are satisfied with life tend to have a naturally 'satisfied' or 'happy' demeanor.

This demeanor of satisfaction certainly feels to an individual, who finds the satisfied person 'attractive', as some sort of attractive force. However, if they are not idiots or they are conscientious, it is also something which makes them fearful, since they risk appearing too desperate and could injure the satisfied person or appear like they are too desperate to be capable of handling such a person. The 'attractive' quality is really the prospect of one acquiring, through mirror neurons, a state of mind in which they are indifferent to suffering as well.

Instead, it is a comparison of options: the imagined suffering without association with the satisfied person compared to the imagined limitation of suffering when acquiring association with the satisfied person. 'Happiness' or 'attraction' is not in the formulation, but a calculation of future minimization of suffering, and a comparison of that such that they avoid the one with more suffering rather than they pursue the one with less suffering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:28 am

I fear more a demeanor of excusing the worst than I do of displeasing the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 am

Slaughtz wrote:
Hume appeared to believe that Pleasure was an attractive force and Pain was an avoidant force.

If pleasure is simply the numbing of pain, can it be 'attractive' or is it simply neutral? Indifferent.
I'm not sure what you believe, but pain and pleasure are both additive forces, just in the opposite direction. Boredom is actually not neutral, but slightly on the pain side of the spectrum.

Quote :
With sexual reproduction, the woman is not converting the invasive/violent act into something positive, but numbing the negative.
Sounds like either a lesbian or dysfunctional relationship. For instance, I have different computers. On one internet, I have lag, and webpages don't load. The lag is not pleasurable to me. So I use the other one, which has a messed up mouse that makes it hard to move, this is not pleasurable either. But while I browse through the net, and find useful or interesting websites, it covers up the pain and masks some of it. Overall the experience isn't that great, since both are additive forces, they kind of cancel each other out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm

OnWithTheirHead wrote:
Slaughtz wrote:

I'm not sure what you believe, but pain and pleasure are both additive forces, just in the opposite direction. Boredom is actually not neutral, but slightly on the pain side of the spectrum.

Quote :
With sexual reproduction, the woman is not converting the invasive/violent act into something positive, but numbing the negative.
Sounds like either a lesbian or dysfunctional relationship. For instance, I have different computers. On one internet, I have lag, and webpages don't load. The lag is not pleasurable to me. So I use the other one, which has a messed up mouse that makes it hard to move, this is not pleasurable either. But while I browse through the net, and find useful or interesting websites, it covers up the pain and masks some of it. Overall the experience isn't that great, since both are additive forces, they kind of cancel each other out.

Well your post brought up a salient question: where does the standard begin for pain? If I were to take a guess: in the womb. There is where you've set your standard, physiologically, for pain/pleasure. In the womb, one experiences safety and comfort alike nowhere else - and from then on the amount of suffering you feel is measured against that. If that is too early, perhaps at some other stage in development. It could probably be a valid and testable, researchable, question.

Early developed expectations setting the standards for your frustrations - and those can perhaps become different over time, but there is a starting point. One that, perhaps, all your expectations currently can be traced back to - if it is not sheer fear. It would explain trauma as a traumatic event which twists your old expectations into ones that are new, giving new context. A car backfiring could now indicate you're about to die and need to go for cover - causing immense and immediate existential pain against the backdrop of a comfortable life.

And the approach I am talking about is one of suffering and numbness to suffering: no additive 'happy' emotions. Dopamine rushes or 'happy' anything, is just a momentary numbness/forgetting of/ignor(e)ance of the suffering and pain you experience. To clarify, this is a position on the fundamental nature of emotion and not simply selected for specific emotions. If it helps, think of it as a dopamine low causing anxiety, dopamine normal causing regular experience, dopamine high causing excitement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm

My memory doesn't go back that far, I can't remember what it was like to be in the womb, so I can't say. I can't remember anything before age 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:05 am

The arguments for guilty consciousnesses following colonialism, and the vigor behind its political influence, is based on: a tribal and racialized understanding, where the subjects believe they became slaves to colonial masters =and= the interpretations of the intent behind popular acceptance of colonial spread as being one of malicious intent when it was promoted to those supporting it as precisely the opposite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:47 am

Has anyone read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2 Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Aerial shot of rivers forming in the desert after a downpour.

Gravity interacting with fluidity...forming into the shapes we see in nature - trees.
Path-of least resistance, merging `and flowing towards the source of resistance....
Life away and lifeless towards....will, no will.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2

Back to top Go down

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10