View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Quote :
I'm Sorry....I cannot regress to a point in my past when I could enjoy engaging in such dialogues.
I've moved ahead, and find it tedious to return there and begin anew, for the benefit of another.
I've spent years discussing these issues with many minds - some gifted some retarded....and will not waste more time on what has been dealt with.

You don't have to respond to my posts. Noone asked you to.
So no need to justify yourself and no need to apologize.
(Other than to communicate confidence, right?)

You should just ignore my posts from now on.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:03 pm

I've made an effort to thoroughly explain my positions on language in many threads.

You can begin here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then, if you are so inclined, you may advance to here:

You will also find my understanding of language, metaphor, meaning, and so on.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
AutSider

AutSider

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:05 pm

You two don't disagree on reality, just on definitions of (some) words, so you're just wasting each others' time. And this topic is kind of a waste of time to begin with.

Discussion and thinking is useful to the extent it aids in understanding and navigating reality. Underdoing it and overdoing it are both harmful.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Quote :
Moderns use words without knowing what they mean; without caring what they mean

That's what you're doing.

You have yet to prove that the word "universe" means what you think it means. Heidegger didn't help.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Maybe you should explore the meaning of the word "meaning".
It does not mean....what is written in a book.
Well, not for anyone who is not "conventional", like you.

Children of the Book, by the Book, for the Book.

Minds deferring to text.
Whether it be Biblical, or linguistic standards facilitating communication.

Meaning has a different...meaning.
Like a mental map, has meaning, and is useful, when it refers to - no not another map or a book - but to a geography.

Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:28 pm

You have to prove that the word "universe" was originally used the way you're using it today.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:31 pm

If a words meaning were entirely based on a dictionary, determining conventional use by a majority, at any given time, then reality would be entirely determined by word-use.

The world is what determines the words meaning.

I only have to prove that there is no "uni"...no one.
how it was applied, at any given time, in any given place, by any given individual, is besides the point.

I can say "I absolutely love this cake"...and this does not mean the absolute is real - in that it exists independently from my mind.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:34 pm

You use the dictionary as your reference, and then you want me to prove it was not understood ni the way written in the text you defer to?

How about the word "magic".
Where shall I find its reality?
In the Book of Lies, in some other paranormal text...in mythology.....in the dictionary?
Where shall I seek evidence for the meaning of "magic"?
In popular conventional use.

What about moron?
How shall I judge a moron?
By referring to a dictionary?

Ha!!

Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Quote :
Minds deferring to text.

Any kind of evidence is welcome. Pictures, videos, witnesses, etc.

Quote :
If a words meaning were entirely based on a dictionary, determining conventional use by a majority, at any given time, then reality would be entirely determined by word-use.

Dictionaries are merely a way to record the manner in which certain group of people at certain point in time define certain group of words. In order to do that, the meaning of words must be first verbalized (i.e. turned into a verbal description) and then written down onto a piece of paper.

These things can be VERY USEFUL provided that they accurately represent how certain group of people at certain point in time used words.

Quote :
The world is what determines the words meaning.

No. What words mean is determined by those who use them. Definitions are arbitrary. You can define words any way you want.

We speak of right and wrong definitions only in relation to certain language i.e. in relation to the manner in which certain group of people at certain point in time defined these words.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 pm

For example, the word "tren" means one thing in Spanish (train) and another in Serbian (moment.) Which of the two meanings is correct? How does the world determine the definition of the word "tren" independently from any observer? It does not. It is people who do so. Spaniards define it to mean "train" and Serbs define it to mean "moment".

What you can do is you can say that it is incorrect to think that the word "tren" means "moment" in Spanish, and vice versa, that it is correct to think that the word "tren" means "train" in Spanish.

Naturally, people want to preserve their language -- because they want to build on top of the existing structure, not start from scratch -- so the question of how words were originally defined remains more than relevant.

So what is the original meaning of the word "universe"? Can you prove that the original meaning of the word "universe" is that of an enclosed totality of existence?
Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Quote :
Maybe you should explore the meaning of the word "meaning".
It does not mean....what is written in a book.

[..]

Meaning has a different...meaning.
Like a mental map, has meaning, and is useful, when it refers to - no not another map or a book - but to a geography.

The meaning of a symbol (such as a word) is the set of all phenomena that can be represented by that symbol.

The meaning of the word "dog" is the set of all physical objects that can be represented by the word "dog".

The meaning of a symbol is determined by the person using that symbol. Symbols have no meaning on their own.

Symbols can refer to other symbols. For example, the symbol "symbol" refers to symbols. Hardly useless.

Symbols can be meaningful even if there is no portion of existence they can represent. The word "unicorn" is such a symbol. Hardly meaningless, hardly useless.

Quote :
For them there is no phenomenon to restrict the word's meaning

It is convention that restricts the meaning of words. Nothing else.

Quote :
They will refuse all definitions which are not their own

Sounds like you.

Quote :
words disconnected from the world

You use this phrase all the time. I wonder what it really means.

What does it mean for a word to be disconnected from the world?
What kind of word is that?

Is it a meaningless word i.e. a word that has no meaning?
The so-called empty signifier?
If so, the word "aksndkewer" is "disconnected from the world".

Is it a meaningful word that represents something that does not exist?
If so, the word "unicorn" is "disconnected from the world".

Is it a word that is used in a way that is not conventional?
If so, the word "universe" as you define it is "disconnected from the world".

Is it a word the meaning of which has broadened or simply changed over time?
If so, the word "epic" is "disconnected from the world".

What exactly does it mean for a word to be "disconnected from the world"?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 7:31 pm

It means a word - any word/symbol - no longer referring to an observable phenomenon, or one that has been sanctified, converted to noumenon, or divine - an idea/ideal.
Like "human" when used by Moderns.

Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 7:37 pm

What does it mean to say that a word is referring to an observable phenomenon?
Does the word "unicorn" refer to an observable phenomenon?
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 7:59 pm

"observable phenomenon" is redundant, and Satyr also uses noumenon wrongly, according to the generally accepted definitions of these words at least. Kantian philosophy is a bunch of weird gibberish anyway.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 8:03 pm

The word "noumenon" might be one of the words he's not using wrongly.

Schopenhauer wrote:
But it was just this distinction between abstract knowledge and knowledge of perception, entirely overlooked by Kant, which the ancient philosophers denoted by noumena and phenomena. (See Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of Pyrrhonism, Book I, Chapter 13, ' What is thought (noumena) is opposed to what appears or is perceived (phenomena).' ) This contrast and utter disproportion greatly occupied these philosophers in the philosophemes of the Eleatics, in Plato's doctrine of the Ideas, in the dialectic of the Megarics, and later the scholastics in the dispute between nominalism and realism, whose seed, so late in developing, was already contained in the opposite mental tendencies of Plato and Aristotle. But Kant who, in an unwarrantable manner, entirely neglected the thing for the expression of which those words phenomena and noumena had already been taken, now takes possession of the words, as if they were still unclaimed, in order to denote by them his things-in-themselves and his phenomena.[34]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Yes...I do not adhere to conventional thinking, nor am Ι limited in my word use by how others used the terms.
My use of noumenon, stems from the Greek ΝΟΥΣ.
I use the word to represent idea, product of mind, distinct from phenomenon - independent from mind - although the apparent is a translation of that which is present.
The distinction is meant to differentiate what is idea/ideal - entirely dependent on mind - and what is present/presence, interpreted as appearance (phenomenon), but is independent from mind.

Last edited by Satyr on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 8:07 pm

I also do not use "ego" as Freud used it.

I am not bound by other people's use of symbols/words.
My only standard is the world.

I also do not use "will" as Nietzsche did.

I also do not use "autopoiesis" as Mutarana did.

I do not use "last man" as Fukuyama did.

I also do not use "love" as Christians do.

Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 pm

The word "epic" is an example of a word that has lost its original meaning precisely because people were not bound by the manner in which their ancestors used that word.

The world on its own does not impose such restrictions.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am

Schopenhauer, Arthur wrote:
The vanity of existence is revealed in the whole form existence assumes: in the infiniteness of time and space contrasted with the finiteness of the individual in both; in the fleeting present as the sole form in which actuality exists; in the contingency and relativity of all things; in continual becoming without being; in continual desire without satisfaction; in the continual frustration of striving of which life consists. Time and that perishability of all things existing in time that time itself brings about is simply the form under which the will to live, which as thing in itself is imperishable, reveals to itself the vanity of its striving.
Time is that by virtue of which everything becomes nothingness in our hands and loses all real value. That which has been no longer is; it as little exists as does that which has never been. But everything that is in the next moment has been. Thus the most insignificant present has over the most significant past the advantage of actuality, which means that the former bears to the latter the relation of something to nothing.
To our amazement we suddenly exist, after having for countless millennia not existed; in a short while we will again not exist, also for countless millennia. ‘That cannot be right,’ says the heart: and even upon the crudest intelligence there must, when it considers such an idea, dawn a presentiment of the ideality of time. This however, together with that of space, is the key to all true metaphysics, because it makes room for a quite different order of things than that of nature. That is why Kant is so great. Every moment of our life belongs to the present only for a moment; then it belongs for ever to the past. Every evening we are poorer by a day. We would perhaps grow frantic at the sight of this ebbing away of our short span of time were we not secretly conscious in the profoundest depths of our being that we share in the inexhaustible well of eternity, out of which we tan for ever draw new life and renewed time.
You could, to be sure, based on considerations of this kind a theory that the greatest wisdom consists in enjoying the present and making this enjoyment the goal of life, because the present is all that is real and everything else merely imaginary. But you could just as well call this mode of life the greatest folly: for that which in a moment ceases to exist, which vanishes as completely as a dream, cannot be worth any serious effort. Our existence has no foundation on which to rest except the transient present. Thus its form is essentially unceasing motion, without any possibility of that repose which we continually strive after. It resembles the course of a man running down a mountain who would fall over if he tried to stop and can stay on his feet only by running on; or a pole balanced on the tip of the finger; or a planet which would fall into its sun if it ever teased to plunge irresistibly forward. Thus existence is typified by unrest. In such a world, where no stability of any kind, no enduring state is possible, where everything is involved in restless change and confusion and keeps itself on its tightrope only by continually striding forward – in such a world, happiness is not so much as to be thought of. It cannot dwell where nothing occurs but Plato's ‘continual becoming’ and never being. In the first place, no man is happy but strives his whole life long after a supposed happiness which he seldom attains, and even if he does it is only to be disappointed with it; as a rule, however, he finally enters harbour shipwrecked and dismasted. In the second place, however, it is all one whether he has been happy or not in a life which has consisted merely of a succession of transient present moments and is now at an end.

"Fleeting," "transient"...all describing Flux = dynamic, interacting, existence.
No completion, no wholeness is ever settled upon, unless a mind arbitrarily and conveniently cuts apart space/time to create a noetic "bounded" space time - an abstraction - it then calls "here, now" or "thing", referring to it as "that, this, it", naming it "one"...which then can only be denied with the other noetic construct the "nil", the "not".

Thing is a mental construct, produced by the stimulation of the sense organ, its translation of the stimulation into a neural pulse and then transmitted to the brain where it is interpreted as "idea", or sensation, or image.

There is only energy...interactivity.
The ancient-Greeks named it "Eros", replacing their earlier name for it "Ananke" - making gods of both concepts. Ananke = necessity. Need....what does need imply? lack, an absence.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 10:51 am

An animal can live its entire life without ever questioning its own senses, or, starting with an idea, strive to prove it in the course of its lifetime.
It lives inductively, or, at most abductively.
Only man can be troubled by Top<>Down thinking - the deductive.
An animal only thinks Bottom<>Up.

So, it's not necessary to even have an ideology or a metaphysics, if you just want to live out your life on a very superficial animal, bestial level - hedonistic.
You can simply adopt whatever ideology is popular, in the time and place you are born in, and not care to question it, or even advance from it.
You can accept the definitions and meanings of words and symbols, without ever doubting them, because they do function to communicate your feelings to others of your own kind.

It's man's ability to project, noetically, in space/time, and to worry about things that are not immediately present, that makes him prone to use and misuse language.
An animal lives on a very superficial plane of existence; a very basic world. It needs no grounding, if it isn't a plant, because it wanders upon the earth.
This is where man must return, and start building from there.
We've gone astray, after centuries of abusing semiotics.
Not to remain, as animals, as many modern desperate degenerates want, but to ground ourselves upon the earth, from where we've started but have forgotten during our sojourn in time.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am

Bonini’s Paradox wrote:
As a model of a complex system becomes more complete it becomes less understandable. Alternatively as a model grows more realistic it also becomes just as difficult to understand as the real-world processes it represents.

Quote :
Uncertainty principle, also called Heisenberg uncertainty principle or indeterminacy principle, statement, articulated (1927) by the German physicist Werner Heisenberg, that the position and the velocity of an object cannot both be measured exactly, at the same time, even in theory.
Translating this into Heidegger's definition of space = possibility...to which matter/energy (order)= probability - reduction of possibilities.
Order is predictable, reliable, consistent....ergo a qualification/quantification of possibilities.

Completion is impossible...as it implies omniscience.
Therefore, as a mental model - an abstraction representing and/or included in a concept - includes more data, it increasingly becomes incomprehensible - particularly to the average mind.

The typical average mind functions on what Dawkins called the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; the plain of organic perceptions, as these have evolved in time.    
Anything that exceeds the organism's ability to survive and self-replicate is non-essential to its well-being.
As such, philosophers are a rare breed that go agaisnt their won well-being.

Organic sensual organs evolved only to process data in this "middle world" plane of existence.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 am

Marleau-Ponty, Maurice wrote:
Such is the principle of Pascal's apologetics; but the more it is shown that man is without absolute power, the more the assertion of any absolute is made, not probable, but on the contrary suspect.

That would include the idea that man is absolutely powerless.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 6:10 am

An idea/ideal attains immutable immortality through mutable mortal brains. From host to host it is linguistically transmitted; every time reborn slightly mutated and yet always maintaining the same fundamental principles that define it – receiving divergence from its host and convergence from the shared needs, desires, and fears of the species collective unconscious.
It offers a welcomed antithesis to the experienced, drawing sustenance from the host’s defensive reactivity.
As long as the needs, desires and fears persist through the living, it can and will never die. Each time bearing a different name, wearing a different semantic description, but at its core it remains the same, rooted, as it is, in the same anxieties.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 am

Notice how every example given of an absolute involves some form of artificial representation of reality.
Absolutism is understood as an affrication of the  self-referential, logic.
for example
"All bachelors are unmarried" - though there is no such thing as marriage in nature the artifice is self-referential....an absolute certainty affirming the logic itself.
Another is...
"There is absolutely no elephant in my pants"...here the term is used to express an internal certainty concerning a relationship in reality, involving non-absolute phenomena such as "elephant" and "pocket".
An organism with specific dimensions and a human artifice, a garment, usually found within specific human dimensions.  
Neither is immutable, eternal or indivisible, so absolute refers to the individual's certainty concerning the relationship established within a particular space/time.

The word "absolute" now becomes a confused concept applying to a theoretical existent thing, and if none can be found - because none can ever be found - then to an emotional reaction to the existent, expressing a conviction or an attitude, itself a relationship with the existent.
Spinoza claimed that the same occurred with the word "god" of the Bible - originally used to express something great, immense, awesome, established as a literal concept referring to nothing outside the mind and yet believed as existing separately from the mind.
The esoteric was externalized as an idea, and then the representation was taken literally.
Noumenon usurped phenomenon.
Insanity ensued.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 7:39 am

The "absolute" - defined as the immutable, indivisible, eternal, non-contingent, perfect, whole - is entirely a product of the mind.
An organic mind that orders a fluctuating, and for it uncertain, unknown, world - a source of stress, for it.
To orient and directs its will - words a goal - it must simplify/generalize, i.e., must convert the fluctuating fluid real, into a more manageable form.
It does so by simplifying/generalizing.
What does this mean?
It means a elimination of superfluous,. necessary, dimensions.
What are dimensions, or any spatial, and temporal, terms?
They are projections of possibilities.
What is space/time - a field of possibilities.
What is matter/energy, in relation to this?
Probabilities.
So, matter/energy - forms of order - are perceived and evaluated probabilities within an expanse of possibilities we call "reality" or "world".

What then are noumena, or abstractions, or ideas/ideals, or concepts, thoughts etc.
They are simplifications/generalizations of said probabilities, and their inter-activities.
By reducing the perceived into a level the mind can process - approximations that have proven to be sufficient, over centuries of natural selection.

What are inter-activities?
Patterns - energies, vibrations, probabilities - affecting and being affected.
How?
Attraction/Repulsion.
Repulsion/Attraction is inter-activity.

The real can be described using many different words; the imaginary can only be expressed with a single term...because it is a lie, a mental construct that depends on language to be validated.
Such concepts I call "Nihilistic".
I call them so because they cannot exist outside minds. I call them, so because if they were indeed real, they would erase - negate, nullify - reality as it is experienced.
Nihilistic concepts, ideas/ideals, are self-deceiving, self-comforting, escapism. Their only utility is as a political tool of manipulating life-forms that feel threatened by a fluctuating, uncertain, and indifferent world.
these concepts are also called "superstitions"....dealing with fantasy realms called "occult", or "mystical".
essentially they offer alternate realities - theoretical alternatives - to minds seeking a way out of the real world.
We discover such nihilistic ideologies through their understanding and application of symbols/words - language, semiotics.
Refusing to use words properly indicates an alternative motive than that of uncovering reality and understanding the world.
What does the "proper use of language" mean?
Does it mean "I say so"?
Does it mean "prefer it so"?
No, this is subjectivity.
An objective thinker applies words properly by connecting them to observable, testable, falsifiable, phenomena, i.e., patterns interacting in real space/time.
Phenomenon is form the Greek "φαινομενον", meaning "apparent".
That which appears and is interpreted and evaluated (judged) by a conscious agency.
The accuracy of this evaluation/judgement determines the success or failure of the organism - this is called "natural selection".
All evaluations/judgements are, as I said before, approximations...not absolute truths - not certainties.
The organism evaluates/judged probabilities within a field of possibilities.
It's accumulated "power" is determined by these evaluations/judgements, over time.
This power is not eternal, but must be constantly update and maintained....otherwise it atrophies back to weakness. This is what is called agon, i.e., αγον. Struggle:
Quote :
Etymology. From ἄγω (ágō, “I lead”). Confer Sanskrit आजि (ājí, “race, competition, battle”).

Therefore, existence is experienced by a life-form as need/suffering. A constant struggle.
Power indicates an ease...just as a strong man lifts a mas with an ease a weaker man experiences as a a greater struggle.
Power increases probabilities, within the field of possibilities.
Choice is how this power is directed and expressed - measuring the organism's freedom within the field of contingencies it finds itself within - its "throwness" as Heidegger said.
Choice increases the probability of an interaction occurring - it does not guarantee it.
The degree of power determines the degree of the desired probability - not absolute certainty, but always a probability increasing/decreasing in relation to power.

Will to Power can now be understood as a movement towards increasing the desired probabilities, within the space/time fields of possibilities. This only applies to living organisms....not to all matter/energy and whatever unity their interactivity produces. Only life has a will - a motive.
All else simply has movement/momentum, following the path-of-least-resistance and interacting - attracting repelling - with no intent, no goal, no motive, but only in accordance to its essence as a vibration with a specific vibration, spin, direction, i.e., energy.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 7:52 am

Can't find the etymological support for this but αγων implies a loss of certainty, stability, concreteness.

α= is a negation of what follows.
γων - γη =  earth.
Also genesis from γενισις, γενος to birth, be born, to emerge.

The root must have been lost through the centuries but the synthesis of a-gon indicates some form of negation, loss, which then describes the struggle, the battle to regain it or to create it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 7:06 am

Everything anyone would need to know about what I mean by "absent absolutes" can be found here.

As an idea, represented by a symbol/word, expressing certainty beyond a reasonable doubt, or a state within a arbitrarily determined space/time, the words is used to refer to something other than what I am suing it to refer to, and is connected to nihilism.

Absolute = immutable, indivisible, whole, perfect, singularity, eternal, complete.
I am referring to the absence of the phenomenon which is absolute, not the idea, or an ephemeral factual relationship.
I can declare a bottle of water complete....within a piece of space/time, and i would still be wrong....because both bottle and water are dynamic - changing as you perceive them - and there is no way to determine the absolute edge of the bottle's edge.
So I can say the bottle is completely full of water, as a representation of a space/time period - in relation to me metabolic rates - and in relation to my perceptions - which are never perfect, complete.

Nihilist call the world nil if it is described in ways that implies the absence of absolutes, i.e., meaning, purpose, morality, god. This inversion is what defines the nihilist as a psychology that demands absolutes to exist and uses words to create them. A psychology that creates ideals and then expects them to be validated by the world.
Yet the immutable, indivisible, whole, complete, singularity evades detection....other than in linguistics and semiotics.
It's most common use is as an expression of certainty....absolute certainty.....in reference to a factual state of affairs...or a factual relationship between noumena and phenomena.
Nullification, rejection, is the most powerful form...as an expression of a denial of a proposed absurdity....called an absolute fact of a non-existence, or of a described relationship which is absurd.
Negation is always more powerful than affirmation....ergo science uses affirmation as its standard - the theorist has to prove the theory, and not simply negate another's. But he will never claim to have found an absolute theory, i.e., a final, complete, one. He may only claim to have found a superior one to explain phenomena and how they relate - interact.
None of the components of the theory will be claimed to be absolute....for example not one part of a theory - if the mind has integrity - will be presented as immutable, indivisible, complete singular etc., and how they interact and inter-relate will always be represented as the highest probability given what is known or understood.

An absurdity must be negated with an equal and opposite absurdity.....an claim of an absolute - omniscient, omnipotent, singularity - must be negated absolutely.
This is not evidence of an absolute.
To prove an absolute one must discover a phenomenon - something independently experienced and verified by multiple minds - of an indivisible, immutable, whole - a singularity.
Until then Nihilists can declare and play their word-games.

I am "absolutely convinced" they will continue to do so.
Wink

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 3:45 pm

One can speak of absolutes but one cannot show an absolute.
Absolute = indivisible, immutable, non-contingent, whole, perfect....

A=A is not an absolute. It is a tautology comparing two human abstractions, displaying how the mind works.
A certainty is impossible, because omniscience is non-existent.
One can only use absolute certainty to express a certainty beyond a reasonable doubt - from what is known and perceived - or to express a factual and ephemeral relationship, at any given time and space.
A is not B is not an absolute because both are human symbols remaining vague enough to mean anything.
It is an expression of certainty which disciplines the mind to external relationships where a phenomenon cannot be and not be, relative to another, at the same time, at a given time/space.

Logic simply disciplines the mind to external realities due to the minds ability to circumvent them....and construct absurd concepts, such as absolutes.

Semiotics are externalizations of mental abstractions - language is a form of semiotics that uses sequences to represent thoughts.
Shapes are representation of human abstractions. In reality there is no circle, triangle, line, in any perfect form.
Shapes are abstractions of ideal forms used by the mind interpret relationships.
For example, a circle on a page if magnified disappears into a multitude of dots, irregularly distributed and if magnified further they completely disappear.
A circle is a representation of how the mind interprets relationships - idealized into a perfect relationship...and yet pi is impossible to absolutely define....but only approximate.
Language, when it is externalized, uses shapes to represent the mind's abstractions; representing how the mind works, in relation to reality; how the mind translates the interactive relationships - the dynamic relationships - in reality outside the brain.
Semiotics are representations of how the subject relates and translates a dynamic fluctuating reality, which is not entirely ordered.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am

A mind experiences becoming as being, because its interpretation have a beginning and an end.

Sponsored content

Absolute - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Absolute - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: