Share | 

Abrahamism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

The Cold War was a struggle between two versions of nihilism, and the current 'war of words', Word War, or memetic warfare, or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is one being fought over the hearts and minds of the choir....the already infected with the nihilistic principles - primed by Abrahamic dogma.
They fight having already taken some things for granted. They compete over who will seduce and manipulate the masses by using the same concepts but this time represented with different symbols and baptized to alter their names.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:48 am

MacDonald, Kevin wrote:
In addition although Mishnah is extremely complex and thus demands a keen intellect to master, it is fundamentally irrational.
Principles are often simply enunciated and expanded on or shown to require further principles or distinctions in order to apply to particular cases. The Mishnaic procedure resembles much more that of an abstract, a priori set of laws in which one attempts to develop principles that apply to every conceivable (not necessarily actual) possibility. Any legal system inevitably comes up against cases that are difficult to decide because more than one law may be applicable or because the law is not precise about what it applies to. However, the attempt to specify every possible eventuality in advanced quickly becomes, as in the case of the Mishnah (as well as similar exercises in the Talmud), an intellectual exercise whose purpose must be sought beyond the need to develop a practical legal system, much less an attempt to understand the world in rational terms.
Indeed, John Hartung (n.d.) describes the logic of the Talmudic references to biblical passages as follows:

'The criterion of using Biblical passages seems to have been that it should be possible to construe the words cited, when taken out of their original context, to be not obviously incompatible with the argument being made.
Even then, in most cases, the Sages perceived themselves as having the authority to patch disparate phrases together and add or subtract text in order to make the meaning of works, as perceived by them, not a non sequitur to others. "Arguments" like this were deemed especially cogent if other sages asserted their agreement and/or supplied additional totally irrelevant references.'  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](p.43)

Despite the logical veneer, the point was not to make a rational, scholarly argument. A great deal of intelligence was required, but ultimately there was no attempt to seek truth, religious or otherwise. these writings are thus ultimately irrational. And as is inevitable with irrational undertakings, acceptance of the Jewish canon was essentially an act of authoritarian submission  
A People that shall dwell Alone - Judaism as a Group Evolutionary Strategy, with Diaspora Peoples

The text did not attempt to become rational, in fact this would contradict its intent. It was simply a mental exercise in word manipulation, focused on linguistically justifying any possibility.
Language became self-referential, self-consistent argumentation with a deference to authorities, since there was no, acceptable, objective world to evaluate them.
Mental exercises to develop ‘linguistic genius’, as a way of hiding its inverted starting premises.
The final arbiter was not the world but these Sages that were held to be above it. Mind deferring to mind, as its higher authority, and ignoring the world all around it.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:38 am

Having learned the ways of men, I can now appreciate that my courtship with Christianity was really all her signalling as if indifferently, from a distance.
She may have worshipped her father, like all girls do, but her mother's spirit she projected, having learned, at her feet, how to cook traditional recipes in the old ways, and how to pretend virginal innocence to entice the boys.
The mother is now dry and closed, but she taught her daughter in the arts, educated her in Scripture and rituals.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Is it not appropriate that Abraham, the historical figure, as described in Scripture and the father of the three major religions of our time, in the west, was a cuck?
Abraham was willing to give his barren wife Sarah to the Pharaoh to gain riches...to survive.
This is the legacy of the Abrahamic spiritual nihilism.
A willingness to sacrifice everything and anything for the sake of self-preservation and self-aggrandizement.

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:04 am

John Wesley an English cleric and theologian said, “The scripture is impartial in relating the misdeeds of even the most celebrated saints which are recorded not for our imitation but our admonition. He who thinks he stands may take heed lest he fall.” And so even though Abraham is the Ultimate Patriarch and the father of the faithful his failures are recorded. There are two primary areas where Abraham lost his faith. One was his dishonesty about his relationship with his wife, and the other one was taking an extra surrogate wife.

Didn’t God say, “Trust me”?

God said, “I’m going to make of you a great nation. You don’t have to lie to cover yourself. I will be your defense. I will protect you from these kings.”

Faith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 am

Such faith in the absurd deserves eternal life.

The patriarch of the three major religions was a cuckold, for survival and wealth, and willing to kill his one begotten son because voices in his head told him to do so as proof of his faith.
He was willing to do anything and everything to survive. He had to shame, no dignity, no limits.
I wonder what you are willing to do.
Perhaps believe in any excuse. Perhaps be proud of an infantile mind.
All for the sake of survival....to cope....perhaps eternal survival.

Whenever someone says..."Trust me"....beware.....like whenever one declares himself a teacher, he has nothing to teach, or a leader, he has nowhere to lead, or a genius, he has an inferior mind.
Compensation....individual knows he is wicked, untrustworthy, simple, lost, but he needs others to support his delusion of the opposite.

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Quote :

Now if you have enough faith maybe you’ll be wise, but there is no guarantee biblically if you have enough faith you will be healthy and wealthy and the idea that if you’re struggling it’s because you don’t have enough faith, if you’re sick it’s because you don’t have enough faith, it might not have anything to do with faith. It might be because of your living practices. It might be because of your genetics.... and if you’re being persecuted it might be because you have faith, you’re being persecuted. It seems like if you say you believe in God, you’re scoffed at.

You introduce religion constantly in your threads, for example, Zombie Apocalypse ,Thoughts on Jordan Peterson, Global Chess, Abrahamism, Psychology 101, Satyrnalium, Desperate Degenerates, to name just a few. If it is as you say infantile where is the threat and why do you see a need to constantly reiterate this?

Quote :
Whenever someone says..."Trust me"....beware.....like whenever one declares himself a teacher, he has nothing to teach, or a leader, he has nowhere to lead, or a genius, he has an inferior mind.
Compensation....individual knows he is wicked, untrustworthy, simple, lost, but he needs others to support his delusion of the opposite.

By what sophistry, what perversity of the understanding, what negligence it is, that the prospect of eternity and judgment has really so little to do with the formation of our opinions, and the regulation of our conduct.

God says, “He who trusts in his own heart is a fool”.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:10 am

reasonvemotion wrote:

You introduce religion constantly in your threads, for example, Zombie Apocalypse ,Thoughts on Jordan Peterson, Global Chess, Abrahamism, Psychology 101, Satyrnalium, Desperate Degenerates, to name just a few.  If it is as you say infantile where is the threat and why do you see a need to constantly reiterate this?

Perhaps for the same reason Abrahamics feel the need to constantly prosthelytize their faith, if they kept their delusions to themselves there would be no issue. Perhaps you lack the hypersensitivty, but there is always a way that they attempt to impose themselves upon you, its not enough for them to believe in god, but to also support processes which undermine the health of a people in their pursuit of spreading his word.

If you can believe, then you should be saved from culling, what kind of life would reject such an offer....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:03 am

Quote :
Perhaps for the same reason Abrahamics feel the need to constantly prosthelytize their faith, if they kept their delusions to themselves there would be no issue.

I think you will find that all the threads I referred to were created by Satyr not Abrahamics, and I responded accordingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
Quote :

Now if you have enough faith maybe you’ll be wise, but there is no guarantee biblically if you have enough faith you will be healthy and wealthy and the idea that if you’re struggling it’s because you don’t have enough faith, if you’re sick it’s because you don’t have enough faith, it might not have anything to do with faith. It might be because of your living practices. It might be because of your genetics.... and if you’re being persecuted it might be because you have faith, you’re being persecuted.  It seems like if you say you believe in God, you’re scoffed at.  
So, faith is an all encompassing salve.....hope.
Hope with no evidence, no reason, no pragmatism...blind hope.

'God' is not a word you can monopolize...it does not belong only to Abrahamism, dear.
God meant something else in Indo-European spirituality, before the infection spread.
Your definition of it, as an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent good, as love, as indivisible, immutable, complete whole, is part of the disease.
It's an idealization of what cannot be experienced, but only felt, in the heart, or thought of in the mind.  
Abrahamism took the word 'god' and detached it from the world, from experienced reality....they converted it to an ideology.

This is the symbolism of Christ's crucifixion.
Death of logos referring to the physical, and a rebirth of logos as pure ideology.

reasonvemotion wrote:
You introduce religion constantly in your threads, for example, Zombie Apocalypse ,Thoughts on Jordan Peterson, Global Chess, Abrahamism, Psychology 101, Satyrnalium, Desperate Degenerates, to name just a few.  If it is as you say infantile where is the threat and why do you see a need to constantly reiterate this?  
After all that and you still do not understand?
I'll give you a brief rundown.
The enemy is Nihilism.
I've defined what it is, how it is part of psychology and how nihilism has been hijacked by nihilism inverting our understanding of it.
I've also explained that Christianity is but a byproduct of contact between judaism, the original spiritual nihilism, and Hellenism.
There was cross-contamination. On one side producing Christianity that spread among the lowly, the slaves, the desperate in all tribes, salvation denied to them by the Jews, and on the other it splintered judaism into three branches.

The Jews did not invent nihilism, either, they simply exploited and adjusted to their own needs....let me respond to an upcoming attack.
Nihilism emerges naturally, first point, in all psychologies that become aware of world and their place in it. It's a reaction to the world's indifference and uncertainty - its threat.
Jews sampled a bit of how this Nihilistic reaction manifested as religion in tribes they came in contact with and were subsequently expelled from, due to their parasitical survival tactics.
A bit from the Babylonians, a bit from the Egyptians and so on....there are many tribes that expelled them.
They came in contact with the virus and were infected by it. A virus that grows in overpopulated areas....like urban centres and large empires.
Zoroastrianism is an example, with its monotheism and dualities.
This they shaped into a self-comforting ideology which overturned, inverted natural order - a seductive ideology to those born in a lowly status, feeling wronged by fate.
This became too seductive to slaves, the desperate of other tribes and when the Jews closed themselves off, stopped proselytizing and developed their elitist spirituality, as the 'chosen' to suffer by a 'god' other tribes rejected - metaphor for rejected them - they became hated....which became part of their identity.

We see here how the virus evolves in time, and in every host it comes in contact with.
If you think this is only about religion, as you understand the term, then you are sadly mistaken...which is becoming part of your MO.
Abrahamism is the beginning because the virus could not spread in times of illiteracy, and inferior technological times. It had to be presented to the mediocre in the form of a narrative, a story..laws given by some higher power, commandments.
Since then it has morphed into secular forms. Marxism is Christianity minus the anthropomorphic God, or the idea(l) redefined as 'humanity'.
This is why Judeo-Christianity and Marxism became such bitter enemies. They were fighting over the heart and minds of the same masses - the same herds.  

Those threads you mention are not about your religion, specifically. Christianity is a big part of the early variations of the virus, but since then it has become more secular.
I an interested in the virus. Christianity is only a variant.
I've described and defined what the virus is.
It's a memetic infection, spreading linguistically, using symbols.
It inverts reality, so it becomes addictive, like how drugs close-off the mind from world, and turn it inward, where it can enjoy the spectacle of itself, its neurons firing...detachment, numbing etc.
It's like inebriation.
Take the conventional definition of nihilism and notice how the world is defined as 'negative' when it is missing human constructs, like one god, universal morality, a preexisting purpose and so on.
A world missing human absurdities is called a 'negative'.
Man calls negative what lacks abstractions he fabricates and then demands to find in it.
Man calls negative what makes him and life possible, exposing an underlying self-hatred; a self-negation where he 'survives' in a meta universe.  

reasonvemotion wrote:
By what sophistry, what perversity of the understanding, what negligence it is, that the prospect of eternity and judgment has really so little to do with the formation of our opinions, and the regulation of our conduct.
And yet it underlies your every opinion.
What compensation do you hope for by abiding by moral conventions?
If not eternal life, then that sense of satisfaction; perhaps it is power you feel. You feel something when you think of yourself as 'good'.
You feel a belonging - living up to your ideal.
When you are kind is it not to a version of yourself? Have you not projected yourself in the other's shoes, and offered to yourself, in the present, what you hope will be offered to you in some possible future?

reasonvemotion wrote:
God says, “He who trusts in his own heart is a fool”.
It doesn't really matter what the fantasies in your mind say.
God is but a metaphor for your own idealized version of yourself.
You cannot show me what you define as 'god'....you can only speak of it, allude to it, write it, symbolize it....It's an idea(l) with no reference in the real.
An ideology, when shared.
Irrational belief is faith.  

I can show you my definition of god.
I've returned the word back down to earth....reconnected it to the real.  

We are in the midst of a collapse, and your disease is infecting all in its many variations.
I study it....like I would any phenomenon that is popular.
It affects me, whether I like it or not, so I study it to reduce this effect.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:26 am

For the average mind, the Abrahamic mythology is necessary.
They have no other reason to be kind to others, particularity in times of overpopulated heterogeneity.
They know this of themselves and so they fear any threat upon a mythology that they feel keeps them safe from the vulgarity of mediocrity...in other words keeps them safe form minds/psychologies like their own.
This is a good point.
Take away Abrahamism from the vulgar and they revert to their natural state.
This is Christianity's civilizing contribution.
It's a method of controlling and manipulating the mediocre, the vulgar, the common manimal.

The last Christian died on the cross, as they say.

To be kind to animals is not a commandment....it is so only for those who would normally abuse animals, for their own twisted pleasures.
I, for one, do not need a divine threat/promise to show kindness to animals...nor to manimals.
But I've come across manimals where the commandments are the only things holding them back.

Another thing is that Philosophy is not for all.
The motive of philosophy is to see life, existence, as it is. It has no other primary motive.
All other motives, like living a good life, being happy, powerful, and so on, are secondary, and can only follow from the first.
Whoever comes to philosophy looking for a solution, a comfort, an escape, a ruse, is looking in the wrong place.
Religion is where he ought to stay.
Though religion is also part of philosophy it is but a part....and in this part these desperate souls should remain, and they should not venture beyond its confines.

Philosophy is not for all.
Many think it is for them, or that they are up to the task, and are mistaken; overestimating themselves or underestimating the course philosophy will force them to take.
Philosophy is harsh and cruel, because it engages an indifferent, uncertain, cosmos.
Most minds should not flatter themselves by referring to their motive as being rational, or about seeing how the world is, rather than how they hope it is, or will become.
They are spiritualists, believers, followers, but not true philosophers.
They come to thinking with a presumption, an expectation. They do to start from the ground up, but begin with the solution, the desired answer, the top down.  

A true philosopher has to be like an explorer venturing into uncharted lands, sailing into unknown seas....not knowing what he will discover, how he will cope with what he comes across.
He builds his knowledge and understanding from nothing.
Many turn back, along the way...as they should.
Making excuses, believing in whatever pleases you, justifying what you already believed you would find, is a good way to cope...but it is not philosophy.

Any and all befits derived from philosophy are byproducts of the primary motive, not intentional.
Like an explorer is hardened, is enriched by experiences, if he survives his explorations, or may even come across great riches in his voyages, the motive he began with was not to become strong or rich, or to find the secret of eternal life....but to see, to find, to discover and uncover.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:55 am

Abrahamism is the nihilistic spiritual cults of the weak and the simple.
It offers general rules of conduct that apply in all situations, with all individuals.
It simplifies the world and humanity, using the lowest-common-denominator, because this can then be used to apply up the socioeconomic scale, and it uses a simplistic understanding of humanity, that can apply to all humans, all the way up the hierarchy.
It focuses on the simplistic, the base, to build a uniform universality.
Then it demands that all be reduced to that level.
It demands that the rules of conduct, and the circumstances be reduced to the base, the most simplistic, where the mediocre and the superior can both merge.

It's starting premises already presupposes parity, suing the weakest, the simplest, the most feeble, as the determining standard, then imposing this rule all the way up the scale.

To better clarify the practice I will use hyperbole.
Let's say we demanded, we presupposed, that all primates be equal. this is our underlying implied, never outright admitted, goal.
This is the nihilistic, Marxist methodology....
How would we bring about a de facto parity when there are obvious differences between primates...in all areas, dealing with all traits?
We would take the weakest primate and use it as our measuring standard.
Then we would imply, without stating it, that all be reduced, as a starting premise, to an equality using this lowest-common-denominator, for primates.....sometimes using one primate, to reduce one trait, and on other contexts using another primate, where the trait is weakest.
This we would call our standard....our starting premise, and then we would demand that to begin any debate we must all begin from there.
Simultaneously we would demand that all accept, as a starting premises, that all traits characterizing primates, are socially engineered.
All are equal beneath God, or the state, and where there is divergence, upward or downward then there is a failure to adhere to a Divine or a state rule.
So we primates are all equally sinful beneath god, equally ignorant and feeble and mortal.....or we are all equal beneath the rule of law.
Divine Law
Social law.
Being superior is an indication of evil, or exploitation.
Being inferior is an indication of a failure to properly cultivate, educate, train in the word of god.

Once we've forced the 'debate' within these premises w can begin analyzing, like Biblical scholars, or social engineers, how to 'correct' any diversion upward or downward.
How can we stunt the superior, masked in rhetoric, or how can we raise the inferior, already implying that the issue is one of cultivation.
Then we may engineer methods of slandering, or ignoring, or mocking anyone who challenges these starting premises.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 pm

It's abundantly clear, by now, that the father of Christianity is not Jesus but it is Saul, or so-called 'saint Paul.
Jesus was a figure, an icon, of Jewish rebelliousness against established clergies, attempting to integrate Hellenism into a form that would be more able to withstand Hellenism, of Indo-European culture (memes).

The tale of the Crucifixion is a symbolic inversion of Hellenic logos.
Logos = Greek term for logic, speech, reason.
The corporeal died, logos was detached from phenomena, and was reborn, as pure divine spirit.....in other words as detached from reality theory.
It was a story about lobotomizing, castration, or insanity...a turning inward, away form a despised, threatened, indifferent world.
Spinoza described how language, at the time was used to accentuate....so god's word or god's bush, or god's fire....was a way of expressing the extraordinary.
This was a figurative metaphor which was then taught to be believed in literally.

God, also became a metaphor for the believers, the people....humanity defined as those who believed in the 'one, true' god, or in themselves as being divine.
The New and Old Testament is full of metaphorical ways of dividing mankind into those who believe and those who are damned, the infidels, the non-believers....those that submit, and those that fail to do so.
Saul took Jewish choseness and offered it to other tribes. a way of proselytizing without being conspicuous.

It has been argued that Saul was working for the Romans who wanted to quell Jewish resistance by converting their beliefs into a submission to Rome.
Jews were known for being the original resistors to assimilation.....like Muslims are.
All Muslims refuse to integrate into the culture they immigrate to. The relationship with Judaism is obvious....right down to the rules against eating pork, and circumcision.
But the same relationship is obvious, if you look beneath the veneer of pagan practices adapted to Jewish rituals.
Whether it was Saul working on the behalf of Rome, or on his own behalf, is relevant but not to the outcome.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 pm

When you kill logos, you can resurrect it in any way you want.
It no longer has to adhere to natural order, be perceptible, testable, observable....there are no limits to how anything can be defined and how the past can be redefined.

The only rule, as I've said many times before, is how many you can seduce. Quantity becomes the measure of an ideologies veracity....when you've eliminated empiricism, when you've converted logos to a divine essence.
You may even redefine Nietzsche, suing Judeo-christian principles, and not worry about him twisting in his grave...as you may not believe in an afterlife.
In the same way Saul redefined the teachings of Jesus, to establish a Church with a new clan of pharisees.
There's no end to what you can do if you are shameless, lack integrity,, sacrifice your dignity to survival....you can ignore reality, natural order and fabricate, suing words/symbols, any appealing, to a majority, fable.
Your goal is not clarity, integrity, reality, but the reverse....how to survive is placed on the top of the pyramid.
Like Abraham, the central figure of all three nihilistic spiritualisties dominating our age, was willing to allow the Pharaoh of Egypt to fornicate with his own wife, hoping he will impregnate her so that his descendent may inherit the kingdom and all its riches....like he was willing to sacrifice his own and only son to survive, to live for eternity....this is the legacy governing modern men in our time.
The Bible is full of anti-family narratives....placing God, the idea(l) above all men, so that all women and children belong to him....making all males cucks. The very story of Mary's divine fertilization is a story of cuckoldry.
Jesus takes the sons of fathers away from their families, and marries them to himself.....homo-eroticism.
The only male permitted is God.....abstraction. Who can live-up to that ideal?
Who can challenge it?
All males are reduced to surrogate females....they must circumcise themselves to symbolically castrate themselves. A practice that did not catch on among the more masculine pagans.
The story of his blood and flesh is one of doing anything, consuming anything, even cannibalism just to survive....

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:37 am

Wow a hard act to follow!

You wrote (among other things)
Quote :
"Philosophy is harsh and cruel, because it engages an indifferent, uncertain, cosmos".

Given the irascibility of philosophers and the unrestrained disagreements in philosophy it is probably easier to be a nonconformist or free spirit in philosophy, than in most disciplines.

I think reality is harsh and cruel and what is necessary for both reality and philosophy is to forge ahead bravely.

In philosophy most of us have the ability to speak fluently and coherently, some even eloquently and it is reasonable to assume we come to philosophy with a range of opinions about the world.   Nevertheless I do believe most come with prephilosophical opinions and as Plantinga put the matter, "the point is, the Christian has as much right to his prephilosophical opinions, as others have to theirs".  

You have given Abraham as an example, I will give Daniel as an example.

Most will know Daniel was an advisor to King Nebuchadnezzar who had a dream.  
Some years later Daniel recorded the King's dream and certain other events including the fall of Babylon in a book named after him, Daniel Chapters 2 and 5 which became part of the Hebrew Bible and later the Old Testament of the Christian Bible.  
He said he saw in the King's dream an image with a head of gold, a chest of silver, belly and thighs of bronze, legs of iron and feet of iron and clay mixed together.  
A stone struck the statue on it's feet and crushed them and demolished the entire statue.  
Now, the head of gold represented Nebuchadnezzar and his kingdom which would be followed by an inferior kingdom represented in the chest of silver, this would be followed by another kingdom represented by bronze and then a very strong kingdom represented by the iron, which would eventually be divided up into a number of strong and weak kingdoms.  
These kingdoms would try to unite through marriage but would never succeed.  
The dream is recorded as taking place in the second year of the King's rule which was about 603 B.C. and accurately predicted the series of events more than two and a half thousand years later.  
We know from history Babylon fell to the Medo-Persians when the city was taken on October 12, 539 B.C. and this would correspond to the silver kingdom of the statue.  
Then followed the Greek empire which defeated the Persian King on October 1, 331 B.C. which was represented by the bronze kingdom.
This was followed by the Roman Empire, which was represented by the legs of iron.  
History tells us that the Roman Empire gradually succumbed to barbarian invaders.  
Today after nearly a millennium and a half the grand empire that was Rome remains divided exactly as foretold in the dream.  
Down through the centuries attempts have been made to unify the nations of Europe both through intermarriage and military power, but with never more than temporary success.  
Charlemagne tried about A.D. 800,
Charles V of Spain about 1520
Napoleon about 1800.
Kaiser Wilhelm II's pursuit of a similar ambition led to World War I and that of Adolf Hitler to World War II.  
In each case, their success were relatively short lived.  Thus the Babylonian king's dream accurately revealed the future of the West to the present time.  What an impressive example  of an accurate vision of the future up to the present time.

We live in a theistic universe, not an atheistic one.

Quote :
The last Christian died on the cross, as they say

The first Christian died on the cross.

As a matter of fact, some men have such a good opinion of themselves, of their mental superiority and intellectual depth; they believe themselves so skilled in discerning the true from the false, the path of safety from those of error, that they should be forbidden as much as possible the perusal of philosophic writings.......so they say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:51 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
Wow a hard act to follow!
You wrote (among other things)
Quote :
"Philosophy is harsh and cruel, because it engages an indifferent, uncertain, cosmos".

Given the irascibility of philosophers and the unrestrained disagreements in philosophy it is probably easier to be a nonconformist or free spirit in philosophy, than in most disciplines.
Disagreement arises when dealing with the abstract, and when one uses words inappropriately.
Philosophers are human and each may be governed by anxiety, vanity and/or idealism.
My philosophy is grounded on a strict and uncompromising discipline to world.
It is how I show my reverence to my gods.

reasonvemotion wrote:
I think reality is harsh and cruel and what is necessary for both reality and philosophy is to forge ahead bravely.
Yes, but we live in an age of deception.
How can you 'forge ahead' when you are directed by lies?

Before one casts-off one must survey the landscape, and chart a course.
I give my analysis [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

reasonvemotion wrote:
In philosophy most of us have the ability to speak fluently and coherently, some even eloquently and it is reasonable to assume we come to philosophy with a range of opinions about the world.   Nevertheless I do believe most come with prephilosophical opinions and as Plantinga put the matter, "the point is, the Christian has as much right to his prephilosophical opinions, as others have to theirs".
 Yes...and like you have the 'right' to criticize Hitler's choices and judgments, I have a duty to analyze the judgments of the most numerous herd on the planet.
A herd that is growing. Would I not be a fool if I lived in an environment where large herds of bovines grazed and I ignored them?

reasonvemotion wrote:
You have given Abraham as an example, I will give Daniel as an example.
Abraham is given as the common father-figure in all three Abrahamic religions, uniting them.
Ergo = Abrahamism - Judaism (mother) = Christianity (daughter who married a Greek pagan) + Islam (son who married a Persian princess).
Boys love their mothers, but daughters compete with theirs.
If mother does not recognize their sons, the sons become mad with anger. They become violent, turning to crime and gangs to find the recognition not given to them by their father, or the love not given to them by their mother.
If mother disapproves of daughter, and turns her away from her door, the daughter creates her own family, with her as the maternal head.

reasonvemotion wrote:
We live in a theistic universe, not an atheistic one.
We live is a cosmos that contradicts the delusion in your head, you name 'god'.
Your abstractions contradicts the experienced world, and that is why he attracts you. It's a romantic fairy-tale, full of pleasing possibilities.
There is something about the world that dissatisfies and/or frightens you, and you find comfort or relief in this mental fabrication of the inverse.

I do not doubt that you truly believe in the abstraction you share with others, but you cannot show it, so it only exists in your heads.
I've gone through how words/symbols can detach mind from reality.
I don't think it'll have the slightest effect if I repeat it...so I will not bother.
I'm not interested in convincing you or changing your mind....you are a lost cause,,,,but 'saved' in your mind.
I'm concerned with those who have only recently been infected, or are still clean from such self-deceit.

I have a mother who believes in the same....but not the Church.
It's a feminine thing.
I stopped trying to show the contradictions when I realized this may kill her....because she needed the delusion to find strength, to cope.

For the same reasons I do not visit churches and debate priests....but this is a philosophy venue where people, supposedly, come seeking truth, clarity, awareness.
Why you came when you already know the absolute truth, you should answer yourself.
I already know, and you will not like the answer.
Why anyone who truly believes he or she knows the absolute, not just a truth, but THE absolute truth, would go to a philosophy forum is an interesting psychological conundrum.

reasonvemotion wrote:
Quote :
The last Christian died on the cross, as they say

The first Christian died on the cross.
Your ideological fantasy is so unreal that not even you, or anyone else can live-up to it completely. It's why you've created an icon that is forever ideal, unable to contradict your fantasies about this figure....who may not have been a real person.
You live in perpetual sin, admonishing yourself for it.
It's a method of control.  

reasonvemotion wrote:
As a matter of fact, some men have such a good opinion of themselves, of their mental superiority and intellectual depth; they believe themselves so skilled in discerning the true from the false, the path of safety from those of error, that they should be forbidden as much as possible the perusal of philosophic writings.......so they say.
I've heard some declare themselves reincarnations of great men, or of being gods.

I only deal in possibilities and probabilities....superior/inferior....more likely, less likely.

Perhaps the men are women who believe they know absolute truth, even though they cannot show it, or prove it or even argue on its behalf without deferring and referring to texts. Women who are shut-off from reality, married to their masculine icon, so that all wordy males can never meet her divine criteria, and who simply repeat beliefs given to them, along with the reasoning.....and have no input of their own, but simply follow and by following they think they gain eternity because they show faith in the invisible, in the unknown known.
I've met many.....I am surrounded by them.
Today the God, as the ideal man, has been replaced by a more secular ideal, like pop-artists, and movie stars, or philosophical icons like Marx or Nietzsche, who play the exact same role kn their hearts.

The needy mind will find something to worship.
When one father-figure is gone, a new one takes its place.
This is particularity true for little girls who never grow up, who want to wed their father, in mind, in spirit...but it is also true, in our feminized age, with little boys who refuse to grow-up and become men, or who are naturally more effete and in need for a homoerotic, spiritual union with a iconic male figure, if not an idealized one.

Facing the world alone is terrifying.
Most need a father and a mother there to hold their hand, to stroke their brow, to whisper 'all is going to be alright' as they drift off to sleep.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:54 am

In the Biblical allegory of Adam and Eve we can find the roots of what later developed into the Nihilistic psychosis, now being manipulated by a parasitical meme.
Adam and Eve's awakening to their own nakedness is a metaphorical way of saying that they became ‘self-conscious’.
Self-Consciousness is where the nihilistic psychosis germinates.
Animals do not feel self-conscious because they are only conscious of otherness, of world, so they cannot feel shame.
Only a species that can perceive self in relation to world can feel vulnerability, insecurity, and the kind of anxiety that can develop into shame.
Let's keep in mind that all value-judgments are juxtapositions. To become conscious of self, can now juxtapose this growing self-awareness with that of awareness of world, which precedes it.
Man can now judge himself in relation to other, and feel small, weak, and not good enough.
How does man react to this awakening?
He react by projecting into world what he knows of himself, and of his past; he projects, from memory, a time when he felt secure and loved, and safe.
We've already described that the simplest form of empathizing, the most primitive form, is sympathy. The mind simply projects into other himself, or what he knows of himself. He assumes other is himself in that given circumstance.
It’s a very simplistic method and that is why it evolves first.
Then this method of projection developed into the simplest, most primitive form of spirituality. Man projecting into world, even into inanimate things, into what he found mysterious and incomprehensible his own understanding and knowledge of himself; he projected into the unknown what was known to him.
Man sees in all things himself reflected back – Deism.
Later this is slightly modified into the projection of an idealized Self, converting the multiplicity into one abstraction – multiplicity of phenomena reflecting the ‘self’ back to itself, like a broken mirror, becomes the synthesis of all these reflective shards into a singular abstraction – the one God.
Shame is the first reaction of man discovering himself in world.
He evaluates himself in relation to other, particularly another of his own kind, and he begins to feel insecure in the comparison.
How does he cope with this insecurity?
He returns to what he knows the best – himself. He returns to his past, to his infancy, a period when a parent was present to comfort him, and guide him, to envelop him and take care of him.
So, he projects into world what he needs to feel comforted, to feel less anxious and insecure, and to feel less vulnerable.
He projects into the unknown what he knows he needs to cope with the unknown.
When he does not find it, or is told that it does not exist because it is he who is projecting into reality what he needs, he becomes frustrated, angry, and defensive.
He calls this perceptive ‘nihilistic’, overturning the truth about it; hiding from himself this truth. Projection now serves to unload man of what he cannot carry in his mind.
The same method of projecting the ‘self’ into the ‘other’ now helps him project his own negation, denial, rejection of a world that lacks a god (parent), a universal morality (standard), or a universal purpose (objective) as a 'negative' attitude' he rejects as alien, when compared to his own projected positivity.
The ashamed projects his shame upon other, and is left with idealized pride.
This is the basic mechanism of nihilism.
It is shame projected upon other. It is vulnerability, fear, insecurity, coping by projecting what is required to feel secure, to feel comforted, and to feel belonging to something outside of self.
Adam and Eve's allegorical awakening to themselves in relation to each other, and in relation to world, evolves into a reactions of projecting a covering to hide this vulnerability from other.
How do they react to their ‘nakedness’? They find covering in a fig leaf.
That which tears it asunder, that reminds the mind of its artificiality, a cloth covering a body it feels ashamed of, is Nihilism overturning this shame, or unburdening itself of shame by projecting it upon another.
The one revealing, exposing is now the 'nihilist', and the one concealing is the shameless one. Nihilism lies shamelessly, and then covers up its own lies by burying what reminds it of itself.
God now becomes a projection of the idealized 'self' one can be proud of, and the world becomes a source of shame and insecurity.
Shame is the root of Nihilism, and shamelessness is its evolution into a coping mechanism.
How does one cope with shame?
The healthy mind by working hard to develop what it feels insecure about into something to be more proud of.
The decrepit, miserly, cowardly spirit deals with it by covering its shame, denying its existence, by unloading it upon others.

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 am

Satyr wrote:
Quote :

We are Hellenic, in spirit.
We are ascetic in this sense.  
Our spirituality is nature-based, and can be called pagan.

Please explain in more detail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 am

God for us is a reference to an observable phenomenon that may include one or more different parts.
Our gods are experienced daily.
They refer to natural forces. They refer to our dead ancestors.
We see our gods. We sense them....they are all around us. We see them at work.
We feel them in trees, in stones, in water, in fire. We can communicate with our gods because they are part of us. What we see outside of ourselves is also part of ourselves.
We give them a human face, but do not forget that they are not. We anthropomorphize them to relate to them, to see in them what part belongs to us, and what is alien from us. We use a form we can relate to, but we do not forget that it is us giving them the face.

Those that refer to our dead we can recall from the dead, and bring them to mind, because they are part of us. We recall them from inside ourselves; we remember them, and reveal them.
Past is never gone....it is made present by memory. Memory uncovers.
But it can also deceive. So a pure heart, a pure motive, integrity is necessary.
Our gods do not love nor hate us....they are indifferent. They are not conscious.  
It is up to us to know them, respect them, worship them, try to make them harmonize with us.

For the layman, they can be presented as being conscious, so that his simple mind can relate and not be afraid.

For example, Zeus can refer to electromagnetism, a metaphor of this natural force; the god of all gods.
Electromagnetism is also part of our organic processes, so Zeus is a part of us.
Without Zeus my mind cannot work, cannot connect to my body - I cannot live.
For example, my dead father is part of me. He is the representative of my connection to my past, and the other part is my mother. I pray to him for strength, for guidance, and he answers through me - he comes forth from me. He is a part of me. When i speak to him, I speak to myself.
I recall him back to life, as me.  
Zeus (electromagnetism) is one of the forces participating in my recollection, my uncovering.
But, also, other gods and goddesses, as well. Like Aphrodite.
The symbol for the attractive force. Without it I cannot recollect, I cannot bring forth and re-create my bond, my recollection of my own father.

Our asceticism is not an end in itself, a way of self-denial, to show our piety, our hatred for the earthly, but it is like exercise, a means of becoming stronger, more in control of what is ours, and a way of discriminating between what we need and have use for and what is unnecessary and useless.
Our asceticism is about balance.
Less is more, in all areas...a sharpening, a frugality, a laconic expression.
our asceticism is about habituation ourselves with stress, with need/suffering, so that we can endure more, and less cannot sway us, cannot affect us....growing stronger.

This is the most ancient spirituality that was part of spiritual traditions before the disease took over and detached us from our past, from ourselves, from the world.

gafr

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:21 am

Any good book recommendations on this subject specifically?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 am

Like the placebo effect, if the patient knows what it is, it does not produce the effect.

God = mind
Holy Spirit = nervous system
Christ = body

The believer prays to himself, meditating in mind to produce a 'miracle', a physical manifestation that believer cannot explain - the supernatural refers to what the believer knows and understands of the natural.
Just as the effect of the magical performance hinges on the audience members knowledge and understanding of the trick.

Mystery of the spiritual refers to this ambiguity of the concept as it exists in the mind of the believer.
Mystification is this confusion, based on ignorance. It is fabricated so that no matter the level of the believers knowledge and understanding he or she will be confused and to deal with the confusion a vague definition and explanation will be offered.
The success of the placebo depends on the ignorance of the patient, and a successful magic performance depends on the audience's willingness to set aside reason and be transferred into a nether world of mystery.
Each audience member is a potential believer.
All can find in themselves the motive to suspend reasoning and give themselves over to the mystery.
What they find in themselves is need.
If the need is great enough, no matter its source, the mind will be mystified. Mystification is a relief, offering the believer 'hope' that he cannot justify - irrational hope.
The mind grasps on it, denouncing the perceptible, intelligible experienced world, the world of natural order, because it has let him down, and not offered a way through his troubles, a way to gratify the need.
In the irrational, the improbable, the believer bases his faith. He is betting against all odds, against probability, when he has nothing left to lose.
He is basing his expectations on chaos, the unpredictable part of cosmos.
God represents absolute 'order' and 'chaos' the counter-intuitive is explained as being part of the 'mystery' of the one-god. An allusion to yin/yang, synthesizing the intuitive, ordered, with the counter-intuited randomness of chaos. In the chaos the believer places his hopes, in contradiction to the ordered, the predictable.
He calls the counter-intuitive unexpected, that defies natural order, the 'miracle'.

He cannot conceptualize it, only feel it, sense it, in his 'heart', where hope dominates the hopeless.
The triadastic father/holy ghost/son is a mystification of himself, as brain/nervous system/body = self.
This self continuously (inter)acting with world, the known and the unknown, the perceptible and the forever non-perceptible, the ordered and the chaotic.
In this, through this (inter)activity it hopes for salvation. Some kind of (inter)action that will trigger unseen processes, in himself, to bring about a desired outcome - Revelation.

How does the body communicate with the mind?
Through the nervous system, of which the brain is a part of.
Mind is the synthesis of body/brain.
How do the body's cells communicate with the mind?
They have no imagery, no way to speak to the brain/mind other than as neural pulses interpreted, by the mind, as sensations.
In higher minds, or more sophisticated brains, this communication takes the form of emotions and abstractions.
The brain applies the imagery is constructs from the data, stimulation, it gathers from the world. It then uses them to conceptualize the data, stimulation, it receives from within itself, from the body it is a part of and is but another organ - organic hierarchy.
Revelation, therefore, can be a very intimate experience.
The brain will translate the internal processes into experiences it has had, in the past, in the external world, but not in a linear fashion, because the mind is not restricted by natural order. It is 'free' to synthesize abstractions, and to connects them contrary to the laws of causation, contrary to the laws of logic.
It can conceptualize the unrealistic, the contrary to natural order, called supernatural, in ways that give form to its vagueness.
Ambiguity is how contradictions are merges and unified, as in the dark all differences, all distinctive colours, merge into black and white, shades of grey, sameness. Vagueness, ambiguity, blurs outlines, synthesizing the phenomena into monsters, clouds, of shadow.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am

Judaism is the mother of all Abrahamism.
It refuses the Christian body, by rejecting Christ as being god's corporeality.
It is mind and nervous system without a body. The coming of its Messiah, is the coming of its worldly 'salvation' from the role of being god's 'chosen' to suffer.
It is the quintessential disembodies ideology, refusing to give its abstraction form, from fear that it would lose its potency and announce the 'end of times'.
Christian salvation is given to each individual separately, irrespective of his/her sex, race, and nationality.
For the Jews salvation will be a universal event, encompassing all; a communal salvation and damnation.
The in-group, will be liberated from their role of suffering on behalf of god, and the out-group will be cast aside.
‘God’ means the 'chosen' people. The Commandments are the laws imposed upon the people by the people, through god's representatives – socioeconomic for the 'chosen'.
For the Christians god was ‘made flesh’ through the Messiah, and then converted to Church, but for the Jews the Messiah will bring the end of all physicality, ending suffering and releasing the 'chosen' from their God-given role.
All will be made 'spirit', or mind. A mind with no body, and no nervous system; no corporeality. Infidels will vanish like a thought forgotten.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:53 am

Islam is the youngest of the two siblings. The masculine birth, in a dogma that inherits its identity matrilineally.
Such a boy, born of a Jewish mother and a foreign father, would be without a sense of self - trying to find himself.
Like all males the mother is decisive in the psycho-synthesis of the son. He adopts her ways, and resents her for her subconscious dominance over him.
Hyper-masculinity is how immature boys, with no father, try to assert their presence in the world.
Islam wants to kill the mother so that it can overcome her. It seeks in itself the father's tribal influences, now long forgotten. It wants to become the male version of Judaism's femininity.
Mothers want to dominate their sons and the sons either enjoy this attention, or try to break out of it.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:38 am

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am

Good & Evil is a human adaptation of nature's good & bad.
Just as 'gender' is the application of heterosexual reproductive specialization within a socioeconomic system with its own ideals.
The idea(l) acts as the governing ambition that shapes the group – identifies it, in relation to others.
The memetic adaptation of genetics can take the form of sublimation, and/or contradiction.
The Abrahamic Ten Commandments are examples of memes contradicting genes, with a specific motive.
It brought about the first Theocracy.
The fact that the 'laws' were supposed to curb human nature explains why God, as a threat/promise, had to be used.
In nature there are no such categories, no phenomena that can be named good/evil, as defined by Abrahamism; there are only good/bad choices/actions as determined by application, leading to specific costs/benefits.
Abrahamism had to place the standard 'outside' nature, beyond existence, to make the costs/benefits transcend an individual's experiences and lifespan – hyper-inflating them to the point of subsuming the human will within an abstracted collective.
God became the noetic representation of a collective that had no tangible presence, since it was pure idea.
The costs/benefits of behaviour cannot be denied, so no special rules have to be invented to prevent them from occurring, other than in unique circumstances – the exception to the rule only proving the rule's efficiency.
Natural selection works on this principle.
For instance, we need no law to make eating feces a 'bad' thing. In the exception we seek a psychosis, some kind of psychosomatic (genetic) ailment.
But memes that come in conflict with evolved genetic dispositions, require special costs and benefits – carrot/stick.
How else can you make a man stop himself from erotically seducing his neighbour's wife, and the wife from giving into her impulses, allowing herself to be seduced?
How else could you convince him to love a neighbour he has no genetic nor memetic commonalities?
Other than imposing the rule of human law, making the threats tangible, when imposed by the collective upon the individual who dares to contradict group interests, how would you make the individual self-discipline, converting him to his own controlling agency?
You invent a realm that 'exists beyond the real', outside the experienced.
You internalize the laws so that there no longer needs to be an external tangible cost/benefit. The individual becomes his own judge and jury, imposing upon himself all penalties and all credits.
In nature an individual's behaviour was controlled by the costs of going against group dynamics. This is the root of what evolved to be called 'morality'. Ethics were codes of conduct, spoken or implied, representing the relationship between individual and group interests.
'Bad' had a tangible, direct or indirect, cost, and 'good' had a tangible, direct or indirect, benefit.
Abrahamism, being Nihilistic, only deals in abstractions with no tangible presence other than symbols/words, written on a page, or chiselled on a stone tablet.
It had to manipulate existential anxieties and invent a more 'real reality' in some 'beyond and above' where the costs and the benefits were hyper-inflated, idealized, to the point where they could be used to control human behaviour; possible future costs/benefits act to adjust human behaviours in the present.
The group could impose itself upon the will of an individual by training the individual to self-regulate. Conscience is a powerful regulating internal force.
The individual suffers from the possibility of discovery, or from his self-imposed critique, in relation to group ideals. He suffers from the contemplation of all possible costs; of shame/guilt, fearing that others will expose it, multiplying its costs. Projecting himself into the other(s) he sympathizes, feeling the condemnation as a judgment upon his character; his externalized public face. A judgment that may affect his potentials, as these are tied-up in group dynamics.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've posted quotes showing how the parasite instead of fighting off a virus that has infected many tribes does the unthinkable and accepts it as part of its symbiotic survival strategy.
It places survival above intellectual integrity, and spiritual nobility, accepting the virus as 'god-sent' to lead it 'out' of its miserable slavishness, and 'into' its eternal existence.  
The virus that has been rejected by all peoples is embraced by the parasite, and integrated into its soul, inventing a new inverted organism - hiding externally, and exposing itself internally.  
The virus propagates through the aid of the parasite's infiltration into hosts, and the parasite gains the inebriating cover of the virus' affects on the host to remain undetected for longer periods, than previously....and perhaps indefinitely, or until the host's inevitable demise.
Then the parasite is released into the real world, where it is particularly vulnerable, desperate to quickly hide within a new host, starting the cycle of degradation.

The symptoms of infection have been noted: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and metaphorically described: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
But the list is incomplete, because we are dealing with a real, (inter)active symbiotic parasite/virus meta-organism, that is continuously adapting to the host's awareness and its defensive measures.
History is littered with examples of its many infestations, and reactions to its disease.  
It adapts and we must adapt to deal with it.
We've already given a general outline, alluding to what we cannot speak of openly, during this period of infestation, when the symbiont (parasite/virus) is attaining its peak, and the host is beginning to show signs of decline - immanent death.
This means that as the host begins to deteriorate towards its death, the parasite will reach a paroxysm of reproductive activity, no longer hiding as much as it did before, because the host's autoimmune systems are deteriorating, and zombification has reached a level where it can barely perceive anything outside its fevered delusions.
We've said that the virus attacks the host via the nervous system, and the outward expression of the nervous system are semiotics. The first symptoms are a gradual detachment from reality, accompanied by slurring verbal expression of its infection, coming forth as gibberish.
It increasingly does make sense. Its words turn inward, toward esoteric alternate realities, or tie themselves up in linguistic conundrums - noetic, self-referential, knots.
This 'turning inward' is part of the inversion process, because the parasite/virus symbiosis cannot invert reality, even with the agency of the host's superior physical strength, yet to begin the process of decline, and the only place where it can noetically, theoretically, ideologically 'invert' reality is in the host's infected mind.
Its power is contained by the host it infects, making the infestation of as many hosts as possible a matter of great importance to it.
Within the host's mind/nervous system//body its linguistic inversions can take place. Only in there, can it make sense. Only in there do its words acquire theoretical meaning.
Its only hope for an external application is by infecting and zombofying a host long enough to use it as an agency of its own will.
I've posted vids on how genetic parasites infect insects and hijack them, forcing them to behave in suicidal ways.
This memetic parasite/virus combo is no different.
Language is how it attempts to trigger the host's nervous system, to get it moving in whatever direction it desires - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Language that stimulates pleasure/pain centres, triggering aromatic reactions, emotions.
Sensations and emotions, triggered by symbols/words, are used to direct the host, which is oblivious to anything outside itself, and to anything rational.      
Reason would be an antidote.
The method keeps the host in a state of emotional upheaval, primarily using fear - the mother of all [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Reality is anathema to the Symbiote. It cannot survive in it. It needs a host to envelop it with warm, flesh & blood protection; it needs a womb-like proxy to live within.
Its nature is esoteric. The exoteric being toxic to it.
It has attempted to reinterpret all existence as a transcending host, a Deus, trying to make the esoteric a universal singularity, an all-encompassing mind where it can dominate and reign....in theory.

Last edited by Satyr on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:43 pm

To be clear, or as clear as I can be using allegories....

The metaphorical parasite does not invent the metaphorical virus we are analyzing.
The virus emerges naturally from a host's contact with a harsh, indifferent, uncertain world, and it is triggered by the emergence of self-consciousness.
Self-consciousness, and how the mind relates to world, is what triggers the development of the mental virus.
The virus remains a method of coping. It is pleasing to the mind it emerges within, so we can consider it a survival mechanism; a brain's defensive measures.
The virus is the mind's defensive reaction to its growing awareness of self and how it relates, compares, to other, or to world - it is the byproduct of a value judgment.
Naturally it would have moral implications.
We all know of the mind's ability to forget, to push down into the subconscious what threatens to shatter it; killing it and the body it depends upon.
The brain/mind's role is to serve the organism, not to become aware. Intelligence, wisdom is not the end, but the means. The only motive the organism, and its organs, has is to satisfy the organism's needs.
In this capacity the brain evolved to facilitate this and to protect the organism from an uncertain, indifferent world.  
This means that philosophy is something only a few can practice.  
We may say that from the perspective of the majority such minds are mad, willing to risk their sanity, their very survival in the pursuit of clarity - to reveal, to uncover, what may prove to be devastating to it, and detrimental to its survival.  
The factor of risk, of ignoring survival, of placing something above it, is an essential prerequisite for the development of a philosophical disposition.
It takes a level of inhumanity to see and to accept what is revealed; to endure it, and to then speak of it.
To the average mind such creatures appear to be incomprehensible monsters.
Who and why would anyone risk death to perceive, when the brain evolved to help the organism survive? - the average mind thinks.

The virus emerges and takes form when man begins to use language, symbols of representation; when man begins to become artistic.
This coincides with the emergence of self-conciseness.
To become aware of awareness is the spark of subjective detachment required to then represent what is perceived, in the third-person.  
I've described this in my post on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Like a little worm it emerges, whispering to the mind to pull back, to turn away, to project into world what it so desperately needs and desires - this is nihilism.  
Its memetic form gradually evolved from man's growing artistry, and how he can escape into his own creations; represent what he desperately needs so that he creates what he seeks; in time he can invert reality, as he experiences it, finalizing the process.
Self-consciousness must evolve self-deceit to endure; to protect mind from a world that is, often, unendurable.  
Art becomes escape into Utopian pseudo-realities. Man, can now, represent, not reality, not the world as it is, but world as he wishes it were, as he hopes it could be, as it 'uoght to be'.
The representation can be entirely detached from world, and around it ideologies can be fabricated, and fantasy cultures can be built.
Nihilism has become a memetic virus, intoxicating the ones who find world 'not enough' to satisfy their egos; numbing the ones who find the world 'too much' for them to endure it for any length of time.

The parasite, being a parasite, has evolved a parasitical strategy to survive.
In time, it was inevitable that it would come across the virus, which was also part of its own psychology.
Parasite finds virus, already in a useful, to it, form, and then adapts it to its own requirements.  
This is where the parasite's ingenuity comes into play....because this parasite never had any artistry, never developed any form of art that was noteworthy, but always plagiarized, stole, was fertilized by its contact with its many hosts.
At some point in its history it came across an ingenious variation of the virus....because I neglected to say that the virus was morphed by its contact with the host, so it took on a slightly different form in one host, and another in a different host.
In our example the parasite came across the virus in a form that has ingenious, and the parasite, being a parasite, realized its many potentials.
Once more it did what it was good at: it stole and adapted what it stole to its own needs.
The virus, in its new form, was a god-sent....literally and figuratively.
It was god's gift to them. A god that was, most often rejected by tribes, eventually healing themselves from the viral infection. But this host, the parasite, did not want to cast it off, but wanted to integrate it and make it its own; wanted to use it to be reborn as a new version of 'health'.
It stole the ingenuity of the host and made sickness a health. Inversion was already present in the virus it came across. It did not have to do much, but only change the words, the symbols and refine the ingenuous inversion, like it always stole art, from the host, and contributed to it its own parasitical representations.
This is when the virus and the parasite, its new host, became a symbiot.
After generations of symbiotic coexistence,  nobody could separate the parasite from the virus.
In our time we cannot tell them apart. We cannot think of one without thinking of the other.
This is how close the relationship became.
Of course, as I stated, the virus morphed in its new host, the parasite. The virus evolved to serve a parasitical motive. Parasite and virus became codependent.
Parasite used virus to numb the host, and remain undetected for longer periods of time, and perhaps indefinitely, and virus, through the parasite's natural talents to infiltrate a host, became more viral.

In all this allegorical tale, we must return to the current form of the virus, which is linguistic.
It infects via words and/or numerical algorithms, which is not so different.
Once it takes root it converts the host into a zombie - detached from reality, unable to think or speak rationally, guided by a visceral hunger/thirst that drives it on.
The host's hunger/thirst is insatiable, reflecting the parasite's passionate ambitions.
In the thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I give some examples of how the virus manifests in different hosts.
The most accurate representation of the parasite/virus symbiot is that of the Vampire.
The most accurate representation of the most common type of outcome is the Zombie.
It's why I often use it.
For some hosts the effect is that of accentuating certain behaviours, and the traits that facilitate them.
There can be a beneficial effect, at a high cost. Accentuation in some traits means a deterioration in others.  
In most the effect is one of total degradation, degeneracy.
There's a sense of the other-worldly, the surreal, in these  many variations of the infection.
Some seem supernatural, or supranatural.
A side-effect of detachment is this often supernatural ability in one or more traits, at the expense of all others.
But this effect is limited to manmade environments, as it is entirely symbolic and so it can only hold power over those who are affected by symbols.
Beyond the human these types are impotent, entirely useless....like the virus, they cannot survive outside the sheltering embrace of humanity. Their range of effect is limited to the range of the semiotic effect.
Their 'superpowers' are entirely symbolic, linguistic, psychological.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:17 am

Marquis de Sade wrote:
Of what worth is a leprous Jew, who, born of a slut and a soldier, in the seediest corner of the universe, dares to pass himself off as the instrument of the one that allegedly created the world!!

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sat May 05, 2018 11:57 pm

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
I have a mother who believes in the same....but not the Church.
It's a feminine thing.
I stopped trying to show the contradictions when I realized this may kill her....because she needed the delusion to find strength, to cope.

You bring up some interesting points and yes looking at stats it reveals that more than 60 percent of all practicing Christians are women, yet it's gate keepers so to speak have been men.  By contrast, Muslim women and Muslim men show similar levels of religiousness on all measures of religious commitment.

It should be mentioned that despite Christianity's tradition of evangelism, the faith is expected to lose millions of people around the world and today it already shows that faith in God and the Scriptures is at an all-time low.  This holds for Christianity, but not Islam. Muslims on the other hand may gradually overtake Christians and become the world's largest religious group.

In reference to your mother's commitment, I am assuming she is Greek, it stands to reason Greek women are more committed as they have a deeper understanding of the rituals they enact, from mourning the dead to preparing festive meals for different occasions, especially Easter.  I don't know her beliefs about death and dying but generally Eastern Orthodox Christians believe that those who have died can be communicated with through prayer.   Is this not similar to your experiences of communication with your father?  

This is in complete contrast to the Scriptures and Christianity, where it states "the dead know nothing".  

Quote :
For the same reasons I do not visit churches and debate priests....but this is a philosophy venue where people, supposedly, come seeking truth, clarity, awareness.
Why you came when you already know the absolute truth, you should answer yourself.
I already know, and you will not like the answer.
Why anyone who truly believes he or she knows the absolute, not just a truth, but THE absolute truth, would go to a philosophy forum is an interesting psychological conundrum.

There are many philosophers and theologians who argue for Christianity.  Since the time philosophy arose in Alexandria all the main religions and mythologies of the East and West were compared with one another.  Christian “thinkers” regarded Greek philosophy as a tool for understanding and applying Scripture and they started a school of which, the leaders were usually experts in Greek philosophy and they greatly influenced the theology of the Christians in Alexandria.

It appears that the Greeks didn’t have to grapple with the origin of the universe because they believed gods and the nature coexisted eternally.  

Who are these gods and what proof for their existence?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism Sun May 06, 2018 5:48 am

reasonvemotion wrote:

There are many philosophers and theologians who argue for Christianity.  Since the time philosophy arose in Alexandria all the main religions and mythologies of the East and West were compared with one another.  Christian “thinkers” regarded Greek philosophy as a tool for understanding and applying Scripture and they started a school of which, the leaders were usually experts in Greek philosophy and they greatly influenced the theology of the Christians in Alexandria.

It appears that the Greeks didn’t have to grapple with the origin of the universe because they believed gods and the nature coexisted eternally.

Reality can not be "argued for", this is the mistake Abrahamics and Nihilists make, they project their own mortal birth and death, onto a reality in order to soothe their fear in the hopes that all of existence will begin and end along with them.

"experts in Greek philosophy", yes they were experts because they could never understand it.

I believe the Greeks accepted the limits of their knowledge and did not seek to project themselves as to believe there was an "origin" or "end", but rather a continuum of which their Gods emerged as representations of Phenomena.

reasonvemotion wrote:
Who are these gods and what proof for their existence?
Each Pagan god, refers to some sensual phenomena, do they not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abrahamism

Back to top Go down

Abrahamism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: