Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

outside

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gafr

PostSubject: outside Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Is it me, or is it getting darker outside now?

What's your outside like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gafr

PostSubject: Re: outside Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Like a psychotic immediacy which is unknown to itself, expressed as a narcissistic demand to cater to an infantile doom, where reality isn't experienced in real time. A perpetual edge jumping, trying to trigger adrenaline as much as one can before hitting the ground. This is one hell of a wave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gafr

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:47 am

Abundance really disconnects people doesn't it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gafr

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:51 pm

I have been thinking about narcissism recently and came to the conclusion that it is a manifestation of some kind of emptiness, a compensation stemming from an internal void.

What is this internal void that seems self-contained?

I was thinking along the lines of self-hatred, lack of a father, social rejection..but im not sure now, it seems very genetically predetermined..

or perhaps it's nature's way of propagating natural selection through a selfish promise of self-improvement. But im having trouble with it because self-deception sparking delusion seems to be present.

Now this delusion kind of expands the void, where hedonism seems to be engaged as a way to over ride the void, i would say there is positive hedonism and negative hedonism .

negative would be a depression, a comfort eating, frustration, irritation and confusion, body, food, carbs, projection on to others

positive would be a delusion, self-deception, mental, mind, social assertiveness, projection onto self

Not sure which i would say worse, as they are both quite bad.

but the question remains, what is this void?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Randomness - energy with no predictable, consistent, pattern.
A detachment from past - loss of heritage, identity...making the individual believe he is a product of the present: fashion, trends, subjectivity...etc.

A psychological emptiness that needs to 'fulfill' itself in the present.

Nature knows no vacuums.
What we call 'void' in reference to space/time, is what is either too complex or lacks order.
What is too subtle to be perceived, or lacks a pattern to interpret.
Denying the past does not make it go away. Being ignorant of something does not mean you are immune to it.

Ignorance and stupidity is not effective.
Whether you reject the past, or not, you are always its manifestation.
We, as living organisms, are the past made present.
Rejecting, suppressing memory, does not erase it...does not make it go away...does not change it.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:33 pm

gafr wrote:
I have been thinking about narcissism recently and came to the conclusion that it is a manifestation of some kind of emptiness,  a compensation stemming from an internal void.

What is this internal void that seems self-contained?

I was thinking along the lines of self-hatred, lack of a father, social rejection..but im not sure now, it seems very genetically predetermined..

or perhaps it's nature's way of propagating natural selection through a selfish promise of self-improvement. But im having trouble with it because self-deception sparking delusion seems to be present.

Now this delusion kind of expands the void, where hedonism seems to be engaged as a way to over ride the void, i would say there is positive hedonism and negative hedonism .

negative would be a depression, a comfort eating, frustration, irritation and confusion, body, food, carbs, projection on to others

positive would be a delusion, self-deception, mental, mind, social assertiveness, projection onto self

Not sure which i would say worse, as they are both quite bad.

but the question remains, what is this void?

i will make a post to explain narcissism, once and for all. bear with me it may take a minute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gafr

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Satyr wrote:
Randomness - energy with no predictable, consistent, pattern.
A detachment from past - loss of heritage, identity...making the individual believe he is a product of the present: fashion, trends, subjectivity...etc.

A psychological emptiness that needs to 'fulfill' itself in the present.

Nature knows no vacuums.
What we call 'void' in reference to space/time, is what is either too complex or lacks order.
What is too subtle to be perceived, or lacks a pattern to interpret.
Denying the past does not make it go away. Being ignorant of something does not mean you are immune to it.

Ignorance and stupidity is not effective.
Whether you reject the past, or not, you are always its manifestation.
We, as living organisms, are the past made present.
Rejecting, suppressing memory, does not erase it...does not make it go away...does not change it.

so knowing thyself would be a regathering of self into what it once was in order to create a functional clarity and engagement with realty as much as one possibly can, but this process in itself is a part of a continuous sequence of self, or expressed by consistent patterns over time.

The body remains true in the objective physical world but the mind can be unpatterned or brought into a conscious disconnect by modernity, which is what i am seeing.

What is knowing thyself in practical terms?

I suppose being aware acts as a natural defense in itself, but i guess pride is also factor and maybe other things, or by merely knowing, creates a reconnecion which automates self into preservative pride, then the genetic line is expressed in real time as a continuous recalling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:39 pm

[quote="gafr"]
Satyr wrote:

What is knowing thyself in practical terms?
We will never really know at least not this year. I've been trying to figure out what I am, or what Consciousness actually is, and never really succeeded.

All we know is we are trapped inside of random bodies. These bodies have certain physical appearance and mental tendencies. And you can choose to be aware of these tendencies or be a liberal who pretends all bodies are the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Practical terms....knowing self is knowing the instrument you use to perform music.
Knowing the limits, the potentials, trying to surpass them, but not to overcome them.

Knowing self, is knowing the subjective, in the subject/object/objective triangulation.

To not over-under-estimate self, object, and objective.

Either point in the triad can be evaluated in relation to the other two.
So, I can evaluate the object, I am to sue, for example, to build a house, in relation to self, precedent stored in memory, experiences....and goal, the objective.
I can also evaluate the the objective, in relation to self, stored experiences, memories, precedent, and the object I am going to use to attain this objective.

Triangulation.
Subject/Object/Objective
Past/Present/Future
Body/Nervous System/Mind
Real/Semiotics/Ideal

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: outside Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:15 pm

gafr wrote:
Abundance really disconnects people doesn't it..

Hellenic balance. Abundance implies a lack of balance. The human mind only has so much energy in a day, to sort through items. If you have abundance in one thing it usually implies a deficiency in something else. For example having too many videogames can be more depressing than just having a few, because the mind feels obliged to play all of the games, even if the games are terrible. The best balance is to have moderate amounts of games, get moderate exercise, eat a moderate amount of meals.

Quality is always better than quantity.

Side note, I think we live in a world against balance, because what I want to know is, why are the only pops I'm allowed to buy either Sparkling water, with no sweetener, or pops with extreme amounts of sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I just want a pop with half the sugar, not full sugar, not diet cancer, not unsweetened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: outside

Back to top Go down

outside
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: