Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

nightmare focus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: nightmare focus nightmare focus EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 pm

as a child i always had nightmares. as a child i always watched thomas the tank.

Now I know why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBkQ3syqRg

Perhaps nobility is nurtured by the horror of this show. Or perhaps not. Sometimes I wonder if the American children are so weak and ignoble nowadays because they haven't watched such macabre things, and that is why the nobler among us turn out quirky and insane.

Or perhaps I am wrong altogether and society would be better off without such strange and subliminal mental baggage.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare focus nightmare focus EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 am

When some (((New York))) (((publication))) calls something authoritarian and fascist then it means there is something wholesome about it. That being said I don't know much about Thomas the tank, it looks a bit boring to me (for a children's show).
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare focus nightmare focus EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 am

Anfang wrote:
When some (((New York))) (((publication))) calls something authoritarian and fascist then it means there is something wholesome about it. That being said I don't know much about Thomas the tank, it looks a bit boring to me (for a children's show).

That seems a bit biased against New Yorkians. While New York does conjure a picture of hipsters who suck, I'm sure there are a few good New Yorkians. I thought the guy was a bearded white male, the kind of guy you look up to. Yes, there is some truth as to not look up to New Yorkians. Anyone who would spend 6000 dollars to rent an apartment overlooking a filthy city has some kind of mental problems. It also reflects a selfish attitude: They could spend 1000 dollars and live somewhere else more decent, and then spend the remaining 5000 on charity. If not selfishness, then lack of patience: Rather than save the money to buy a mansion, they waste it on some stupid apartment.

The second thing is, if an asshole says something, that doesn't automatically make it false. If an asshole says 2+2=4, that doesn't mean it is false. For example, Steve Colbert is an asshole, and I don't agree with everything he says, but some of the stuff he says I agree with.

Anyway, I don't know anything about Dorkly, maybe it is in New York, maybe it isn't. I do know, that Thomas the Tank engines only ran for 5 minutes which is too short for the shows to get that feeling of boring. Boredom mainly arises when people cannot relax their nervous system, as a result of overstimulation (causing endless cravings for stimulation.) This is why an empty room, with nothing to do, causes boredom, because it makes them feel anxiety and unable to relax their nervous system. It is not that the room is empty, itself. For example, if a hot girl was in the room having sex, it would not be boring, (although not empty). It would not trigger anxiety, because she would be having sex and therefore there would be no fear of missing out. However, if she said nothing and was standoffish, it would be boring and quickly turn into stress and rage, causing action (such as punching walls) to allieviate the boredom. A better example is altered-mind-state. If one was under the influence, it might potentially relax the nervous system and make one content with having nothing to occupy ones mind (an object at a state of rest.)
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare focus nightmare focus EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 am

I don't know who is behind "Dorkly" but it sounds bugman-ish.
Look at me, I'm a dork, lol, h-h-h-h, but only ironically, of course.

I was referring to the article that they referenced in the video where they talked about the fascism of Thomas the tank and (((of course it's the usual suspects))).
When the video began I soon got the suspicion that it's going down that route when he used the word authoritarian in a morally negative sense. And sure enough it did.

As for being boring, watching the clouds go by in the blue sky is not boring to me since being by myself is also not boring to me. What is boring to me is being distracted by something which demands my attention while at the same time not being interesting to me. Like having to listen to a boring (to me at least) orator.

Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare focus nightmare focus EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Probably is bugmanish but doesn't suddenly make the statements invalid. If a bugman says 2+2=4, 2+2=4. Its like a court hearing. Judge doesn't say "Guilty, he probably did it because he is a bugman, or he probably stole it because he is black." Judge discusses the merit of the arguments without bias.

Also, how is authoritarianism inherently good? Only time it is good is when I'm the one in charge. It is my belief that humans are inherently capable of self-government in groups. Not to sound racist but, not sure if blacks are. But white groups seem to have an inherent moral compass and ability to monitor disputes. Except for the degenerates and junkies.

Again, not hate speech. Never said I hate or love blacks. I just observe their group tendencies and inability to self-govern themselves in a sane manner.

In any case, the level of authoritarianism displayed in Thomas the Tank was horrifying, along the lines of Yahweh's rules and insane punishments.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare focus nightmare focus EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Quote :
As for being boring, watching the clouds go by in the blue sky is not boring to me since being by myself is also not boring to me. What is boring to me is being distracted by something which demands my attention while at the same time not being interesting to me. Like having to listen to a boring (to me at least) orator

This could be related to mirror neurons. If you are unable to "connect" or "feel immersed" in the material at hand, you will find it very dull. This phenomenon is called suspension of disbelief, and it relies on mirror neurons so that the human "feels inside" of the fantasy. If you have trouble watching a 5 minute cartoon, that may be something to look into with a therapist. I don't believe in people forced to take pills though. If you want to take pills, that's up to you, but the pills may end up making you feel more disconnected than before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nightmare focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare focus nightmare focus Empty

Back to top Go down

nightmare focus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1