Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Things to Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 am

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am

This shows how consciousness is dependent no triangulation.

Past/Present/Future

Body/Nervous System/Mind

InterAction/Subject/Objective

Phenomenon/Interpretation/Noumenon

All judgments and evaluations are founded on this.

Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 pm

"NPC" means "Non-Player Character" which is usually those characters in a video game whom the protagonist interacts with who serve no significant contribution to the plot and for the most part serve as the "background" upon which the hero contrasts himself with.

Apparently around 74% of people surveyed in the study had no "inner speech", just think about that, if its representative of the rest of the population, 3 quarters of people have no reflection on their thoughts period.

Just imagine that... no inner voice....well I guess you cant really imagine it.

This would explain somewhat, the difficulties I have had with fitness and weightlifting, I have a bad habit of always wanting to read or think about something during my workouts which causes me to perform less efficiently as opposed to being able to devote 100% heart and mind to the workout.

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 4:30 am

They use the term NPC to replace the term Normie and it's not exclusively linked to the studies on inner speech.
It expresses that the Normie is not an agent, he is just along for the ride.
You don't convince or argue with NPCs, they just give you a set of responses, depending on the overall state of the game, the currently present narrative in the game, the current quest(s) open in the game.
NPC is a funny way of saying conformist drone.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
This would explain somewhat, the difficulties I have had with fitness and weightlifting, I have a bad habit of always wanting to read or think about something during my workouts which causes me to perform less efficiently as opposed to being able to devote 100% heart and mind to the workout.

I have an issue with this too but I find that music helps drown out excessive thinking during exercise. Music and coffee.

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Anfang wrote:
They use the term NPC to replace the term Normie and it's not exclusively linked to the studies on inner speech.
It expresses that the Normie is not an agent, he is just along for the ride.
You don't convince or argue with NPCs, they just give you a set of responses, depending on the overall state of the game, the currently present narrative in the game, the current quest(s) open in the game.
NPC is a funny way of saying conformist drone.

Yeah, it still came as a shock as I thought they had some level of internal cognition even if it was minuscule, but none at all? Makes me wonder, to what degree education has masked this fact and preserved some level of parity with regards to communication.

Eli Harman's point of Democracy being a proxy for violence comes to mind, which makes me consider 3 criticisms to that idea.

-The majorities ability to work together
-The psychological propensity for war of the majority
-The mental/physical propensity for war of the majority

If people are as shallow as this makes it out to be, then the idea of democracy, even only limited to men as a proxy for war is inaccurate as not all men have the same capability of strategy, cruelty, intelligence, and fitness such a war would require. This also assumes that those who would oppose the majority would be dumb enough to reveal themselves openly and make themselves a target.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 am

AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Eli Harman's point of Democracy being a proxy for violence comes to mind, which makes me consider 3 criticisms to that idea.

-The majorities ability to work together
-The psychological propensity for war of the majority
-The mental/physical propensity for war of the majority

If people are as shallow as this makes it out to be, then the idea of democracy, even only limited to men as a proxy for war is inaccurate as not all men have the same capability of strategy, cruelty, intelligence, and fitness such a war would require. This also assumes that those who would oppose the majority would be dumb enough to reveal themselves openly and make themselves a target.

I think I recall him saying in a video how women shouldn't vote and that democracy itself is not a very good system as not all men should necessarily be able to vote either, but giving women the vote only makes things even worse. That much is correct.

And I definitely recall him denouncing democracy in writing.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

AutSider wrote:

I think I recall him saying in a video how women shouldn't vote and that democracy itself is not a very good system as not all men should necessarily be able to vote either, but giving women the vote only makes things even worse. That much is correct.

I was just recalling the main point he made against female voting being that they can't back up their vote with violence like men can. A point that can also be extended to the majority of men as well, as most of them lack the balance of qualities necessary to use violence effectively.

Back to top Go down
Genomenon

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 6:41 am

"Knowledge comes in two varieties.... laws emanating from nature....on the other hand there are judgements the human mind has constructed...the more they deviate[from nature], the more they become false truths."

- Dimitris Liantinis

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This was in the Adyton section, where you do not have access.

Genomenon

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Satyr wrote:

Liantinis
This was in the Adyton section, where you do not have access.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
AutSider wrote:

I was just recalling the main point he made against female voting being that they can't back up their vote with violence like men can. A point that can also be extended to the majority of men as well, as most of them lack the balance of qualities necessary to use violence effectively.

Yes. An ideal political order would have absolutely no equality, only hierarchy. But especially in large groups, that is just logistically impossible to implement - how do you assess millions of people and determine the exact value each individual's vote is to have?

So eventually at some point you have to make an approximation and say that a certain group is similar enough that granting all members within it equality is more beneficial than costly. So the less diversity there is within the group, the less wrong that approximation and the better the rule can function.

Saying "all men are equal" is less wrong than saying "men and women are equal" is less wrong than saying "men and women and chimpanzees are equal" etc.

As it's emphasized so much on KT, it's all about degrees.

The most practically achievable and IMO desirable ideal is to reasonably discriminate as much as possible until there are diminishing returns and further differentiation becomes too costly to obtain to justify the benefits it provides.

As usual, the leftists have things exactly backwards - more hierarchy and less equality in society is the ideal.

And yeah I agree there should also be a hierarchy of classes among men with different levels of power, that much we can afford to discriminate.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 10:06 pm

AutSider wrote:

So eventually at some point you have to make an approximation and say that a certain group is similar enough that granting all members within it equality is more beneficial than costly. So the less diversity there is within the group, the less wrong that approximation and the better the rule can function.

Saying "all men are equal" is less wrong than saying "men and women are equal" is less wrong than saying "men and women and chimpanzees are equal" etc.

And how will you prevent subsequent generations from taking your logic to its conclusion, when the need for more power and influence eventually arises? There is no reason why they wouldn't take advantage of it, as once seduction becomes the "battlefield", then we will return to a "free market" modern environment dominated by "politicians/salesmen". This is why force/hierarchy must always come first, before seduction/equality.

Equality should be unspoken, undeclared, and controlled like a woman, it is Hierarchy that needs to be in the light and be the dominating policy if long term stability is desired.

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 pm

I don't know what we're disagreeing about. I'm not an advocate of the "free market" and I don't see how it follows from my logic.

Of course emphasis should be on hierarchy. Constantly emphasizing equality betrays an (usually warranted) insecurity that one is below the group's average.

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 2:29 pm

AutSider wrote:
I don't know what we're disagreeing about. I'm not an advocate of the "free market" and I don't see how it follows from my logic.

Of course emphasis should be on hierarchy. Constantly emphasizing equality betrays an (usually warranted) insecurity that one is below the group's average.

Giving men the illusion of parity, even in small degrees will eventually be used to justify further illusions by those who wish to subvert such a society. Men will be disillusioned anyways when they find themselves coveting a love they were not worthy of.

The resentment felt by even a single disillusioned man can destroy you, don't make promises you can't keep.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 3:13 pm

A distinction ought to be made between man made social systems and reality, its not a question of granting people within a group that is to be made operational 'equality' but a question if its possible not to do this within a hypothetically imagined pragmatical situation that is likely to arise in an even of organising yourself against a common threat and toward a goal that is defined through the presence of that threat...and I'd say the answer to this is one that favours Autsiders position(as much as I dont agree with some of his positions) to an obvious extent since it is true that at some point the costs of trying to distinguish hierarchies between men becomes too costly and too intrusive and burdensome to the overall effectivenss of the group and the ability and expandable limited energies and time of men at different positions in charge of the whole structure. If you think about this it makes perfect sense...if the qualities of men that are to be put in charge are all the time evaluated to the smallest margins against the requirements of the given current settings they will constantly demand a change and mixing up in the hierarchy and a constant evaluation and analysis that, when taken to its extreme, will become literally impossible to keep up with(since the reality moves much quicker than perception).
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 pm

I can see the practicality of it, but has not every step downwards itself been a concession for attracting more men and establishing short term order at the expense of long term order?

Perhaps there is some potential with a particularly Pagan unity, but even the instinct of such a movement is likely to be taken over by those who are still invested in Nihilism of some forms, half hearted in their convictions to support and execute the full measures needed to guard against the disease.

Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm

"Radicalism" is the only way to keep the nihilistic and lethargic from intruding. Real radicalism, not just violent convulsions of ressentiment ('mass shootings'). Your body does the same, with its white blood cells. It destroys bad and good for the sake of keeping integrity; there is a cost and a benefit. Being rational or 'measured', is a way of maximizing benefits out of a situation with costs either way. As a result, the aim (long-term) should always be radicalism; reducing costs to zero. You'll of course be accused by those who would lose-out of being a schemer or plotter, especially they're thinking ahead (or their benefactors) and demand more costs from you than you would receive benefits.

Heraclitus wrote:
They do not understand how, though at variance with itself, it agrees with itself. It is a backwards-turning attunement like that of the bow and lyre.
What arises in the end is what's uncompromised in the back-and-forth judgments of reason. There is no point being rigid, except to easily break if everything that would stand and depend on, or the means of acquiring it, is exhausted.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 pm

I meant that in large societies equality at some level is necessary, so there can be different classes and a hierarchy of these classes as well as approximate equality among the members of the same class. If it's pointed out that equality is only granted for practical reasons when really there is only hierarchy, that may avert the slippery slope you're suggesting. Then again this relies on the ability of the many to understand subtlety and think in degrees.

So when somebody asks "if X and Y are equal why don't we make Z equal too, since equality is so good" the response would be something like "because equality is not a good in itself, other things are good and equality is useful as a means to achieving these other things, it is a practically necessary compromise".

If they are not convinced and start lying and advocating parasitism, violently coerce them.

1. Make sensible rules
2. Give sensible explanations of these rules
3. Violently enforce the rules

Traditionalism has more or less succeeded at 1, utterly failed at 2, but might have still survived if it didn't fuck up 3 too.

polishyouth wrote:
Autsiders position(as much as I dont agree with some of his positions)

Such as?

EDIT: And we do these kinds of approximations all the time. I remember in the school kitchen we used to all receive the exact same portions of food, not ideal, but what should they do? Weigh all the students, determine the caloric requirements of each and every one, make a meal suited for each individual, and charge a special price for it?

It was simpler that some students just bought extra, or those who had leftovers gave to those still hungry, etc.

Approximation just seems to be an inevitable cost of doing things on a large scale.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:28 pm

I don’t think about equality in day to day life.
What I have are sympathies (or antipathies for that matter). People who you like and who like to succeed and people who you don’t like.
Who I sympathise with is connected to how well I can relate to them, so how much of me I can see in them, how similar they are and also how they share my aspirations, my ideals, in their life, how they share a common desire for things, our ideals.

You could say that this approximates something like the idea of equality but then I am sympathetic towards people who are quite far off from being the same in some regards, like women. Well, at least when they share a common aspiration, like a shared sense of quality in offspring and creation, life.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 1:54 pm

AutSider wrote:

So when somebody asks "if X and Y are equal why don't we make Z equal too, since equality is so good" the response would be something like "because equality is not a good in itself, other things are good and equality is useful as a means to achieving these other things, it is a practically necessary compromise".

If they are not convinced and start lying and advocating parasitism, violently coerce them.

Even if you inform them of the "bigger" picture, it is one thing to be told of why its important and another to fully understand exactly why its important and the rippling effects it can have. They might also not care about the long term consequences as they never experience them in the moment and likely never will in their lifetime.

Coercion must be as precise as possible so as to reduce the chances of martyrdom or familiar resentment of forming.

AutSider wrote:

EDIT: And we do these kinds of approximations all the time. I remember in the school kitchen we used to all receive the exact same portions of food, not ideal, but what should they do? Weigh all the students, determine the caloric requirements of each and every one, make a meal suited for each individual, and charge a special price for it?

It was simpler that some students just bought extra, or those who had leftovers gave to those still hungry, etc.

Approximation just seems to be an inevitable cost of doing things on a large scale.

Individual accommodation is not the most efficient, but it just might be what is needed as it is more resistant to being hijacked.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 2:36 pm

polish far-right philosophy intellectual figure walks out of a studio after realising he is being disrespected and not taken seriously but harassed by media pigs...what i fear is we need men like peterson, tolerating such behaviours and rolling with pigs in the mud to fight back
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 am

IQ tests and taste tests.

People say IQ tests are inaccurate, and they kind of are. But they are accurate within certain ranges. After about 130 they start to become inaccurate.
Anyone with less than 120 IQ should be denied the right to vote.

People will then say people will study and cheat on IQ. Most people put the bare minimum effort to even vote, and so wouldn't even bother to cheat on it. And if a some people start doing brain games like lumosity or whatever, then thats good.

Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 10:57 am

Impulso Oscuro wrote:

"NPC" means "Non-Player Character" which is usually those characters in a video game whom the protagonist interacts with who serve no significant contribution to the plot and for the most part serve as the "background" upon which the hero contrasts himself with.

Apparently around 74% of people surveyed in the study had no "inner speech", just think about that, if its representative of the rest of the population, 3 quarters of people have no reflection on their thoughts period.

Just imagine that... no inner voice....well I guess you cant really imagine it.

Wait...is this actually for real? Or some kind of Onion news parody thing???

The 74%...were they just randoms or deliberately selected??

Holy canoli...

this is potentially one of the most profound things I have ever read
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 11:05 am

I don't know about this hypothetical absence of an 'inner voice'.
Self-consciousness is not developed in all, equally. higher intelligence implies a higher development.
Lower intelligence may not be able to create an dialogue, adopting the popular narrative, in place of what is called 'conscience'.
They think in images, sensations, intuitions, feelings, unable to put them in words. They adopt the words/symbols given to them via others. their conscience, and its inner voice, is an echo of whatever is popular, and trending, in fashion; their inner dialogue is between their inarticulate feelings, sensations, and pubic opinion. Always evaluating themselves, through these feeling, with what is given to them through media, or their peers.

Probably why many of them cannot stand being alone. There is no internal dialogue....all is silent.
Can't recall who said it, I think it was Socrates, but it was said that genius is having multiple personalities cohabitation in a single psyche, without losing cohesion.
Being aware of possibilities/probabilities opens you up to multiplicity....existence as the dynamic of these multiplicities. Its stressful, and distracting, and so it usually reduces efficiency.
Idiots are focused because they can't judge more than a few possibilities/probabilities at a time.
Either/Or is a dumbing-down.
Allowing the appropriate kind to respond to the circumstance is a matter of self-discipline and self-knowledge - Know Thyself. To be masculine, or feminine, or ambiguous, or to be able to turn off the higher brain functions so as to enjoy a piece fo music, or to lose yourself in a simplistic movie, or to converse, with platitudes, with the average person out there, is part of it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 12:27 pm

It relates to Janes Bicameral mind, and the Gene<>Meme subject.
This 'internal voice' is often genetic dispositions in debate and/or dialogue with cultural memes.
A sort of schizophrenia, where noe part of the brain converses with the other. Typically the conversation is between the emotional and the rational, the Right/Left hemispheres, one taking the side of the idea(l) and the other of the real.
To put it into more visceral terms, one sides with the masculine and the other with the feminine voice, depending no which one dominates, or which one is identifies as the 'self' within the individual.

It becomes problematic, a source of anxiety that develops into neurosis [see Abrahamics and particularly Jewish neurosis, and what is called Jewish comedic genius i.e. cynicism] when the meme is so contrary to the evolved genetic dispositions that it usurps them or attempts to do so - Nihilism.
Meme is so anti-gene, anti-world, anti anything sensed, experienced, that it presents a source of shame and guilt...and can never be attained, can never be practised without jeopardizing the individual.It is pure theory, ideological, with no pragmatic applications or references.
This is why 'positive' Nihilism must lie...it must resort to obscurantism and hypocrisy.....diving the lie from the truth into esoteric/exoteric....that is the real, hidden, and the unreal revealed as epiphany, as prose, as poetics.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Language is deemed insufficient so as to justify corrupting it, to construct the obscurantism that will appeal to the mediocre mind, the desperate coward, the gullible naive dolt, or the romantic soul, the feeble female/child, seeking comfort, and acknowledgement.
The charlatan degenerate accuses language of something shameful to hide his own shameful pretexts and motives, giving himself permission to lie.

On the other side of the degenerate spectrum we have those who slander language so as to dismiss anything and everything using it of inferiority, or imperfection.
This kind of cynic uses language to degrade language, usually to expose its inability to attain the absolute, the certain, the omniscient.
Words-games are meant to show how malleable to perspective language is. By doing so the perpetrator, wants to defend his own application, without having to justify it.
In bad-faith.
The inner voice is given an outer expression.

The inner voices of simpletons are placed in the mouths of god.
The idea(l) converses with the real, in the individual, usually through an idol, or icon. Bible, for example.
Ancient Greeks confused the inner-voices for spirits, or divine will speaking to the individual.
A sign of youth, and inexperience with self-consciousness....if it persists it is called retardation. stunting.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next