Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Sabine Hossenfelder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 7:14 pm

You do not explore reality. You ignore reality that doesn’t fit into your head comfortably.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 8:12 pm

Projections of yourself.
Cute.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Satyr wrote:
Projections of yourself.
Cute.

You do not even investigate what science is investigating. It’s all Santa Claus and Fairytales to you. Closed minded.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 8:45 pm

Whatever you say, dear.

I had no idea science proved intelligent design.
Must have missed the news on that day.

Oh well.
I guess I'll be going to hell.

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 9:17 pm

Satyr wrote:
Whatever you say, dear.

I had no idea science proved intelligent design.
Must have missed the news on that day.

Oh well.
I guess I'll be going to hell.

If you ever actually decide to investigate some of the latest science, the University of Virginia has many interesting projects in their department of perceptual studies and their cognitive science department. Where there’s open-minded intelligence.

Theory of Infinite Consciousnesses

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 6:51 am

WendyDarling wrote:

Theory of Infinite Consciousnesses

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have to admit that I'm a bit traumatized after yesterday's exchanges with my Darling Wendy.
I had no idea science has progressed.
I have to keep up with scientific developments.
The "expert" clearly says existence is by intelligent design and consciousness is an out of body exprience....so....it must be so.
I've heard scientists claim all kind of absurd shit, but this dude, he's the real deal.
His word is gold. His word is the final word.

Did some deep introspective thinking overnight - like only us humans can, because we develop self-cosnciuosness before consciousness, unlike any other animal.
'Cause we're special.
I guess it must be entirely founded on Dasein, as I understand the concept.
We have immortal spirits.
We are made, by design, in god's image.
If I humbly say so myself.
I'm born again....count me in Darling. A point on your proselytization bedpost. The big guy will reward you for your work down here....among us sinners.
God bless you my Darling. You've saved my soul from oblivion.

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 9:16 am

Satyr wrote:
No sweetie...change does not occurs at a rate that no knowledge and no understanding is possible.
It's obvious that technologies and philosophies prove that some patterns hold true for space/time spans that greatly exceed the duration of a human lifespan or a civilization...which is no more than 2.5 thousand year....not much, huh sweetie?... 10 000 years is nothing compared to cosmic time, so, obviously, my child, understanding - patterns underlying patterns - may hold true for millions or billions of earth years.

So here you've basically accepted the thesis of the original video posted by WendyDarling that a pattern persisting over time (the brain) is entirely predictable without recourse to pseudo-scientific ideas like freewill? Or is freewill like the tabula rasa, a phenomena, an effect, without a cause?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 9:25 am

I am saying the brain is an ordering organ, dependent on order....made of patterns, attracted to patterns, and evolved to cope with chaos, manifesting as the uncanny, the novel, the unpredictable.
So chaos influences order on the micro-level, and order manifests this influence as an unpredictable change...
The brain evolved to deal with this, not only automatically but through the accumulation of experiences that can override its automated reactions.
Otherwise....what is knowledge and learning, and cultivation..and nurturing...and experience?
Why judge and choose according to said judgement?
Why evolve a costly organ, like the brain, at all, when simple automated reactions would suffice?

What would adaptation even mean if all were predictable? Divine will controlling events, leading life to an end - a telos?
'Universe' has become a secular form of Abraham's 'one-god' - omnipotent, omniscient, absolute authority... total control...and man a minion....with no agency.
An "innocent victim" that can only hope that it has been determined for him to become aware and for good things to happen to him.
A bystander, simply observing his life unfold, with no participation.

Simpleton
Free-will is not an simply an idea....free-will refers to observable, experienced, testable acts: judgement (inconspicuous) and choice (conspicuous).
'Free' doesn't refer to absolute choice....but to a degree of awareness; power determining quantity and quality of available and accessible options.
The quantity and quality of your options dependent on your power and awareness, and the judgements and choices you've made in the past.
'Will' refers to an organism's control and focus over its own aggregate energies - the sum total of its patterns, its energies, directed towards a goal - intentionality.
These are not pseudointellectual moron...your belief that man is a slave is despicable - exposing your psychology.
A desire to be an innocent victim that simply endures existence but does not participate in anything....especially not the bad stuff, right?

You exist....you are part of existence.
You participate in causality through the act of choice. You are a causal agency.
Though others also participate intentionally and the cosmos is mostly unintentional, you also contribute to what happens to you.

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 4:33 pm

Satyr wrote:
Why evolve a costly organ, like the brain, at all, when simple automated reactions would suffice?

Evolutionary theory is filled with such pointless questions which bear no relevance when we look at the world purely objectively. How can life come into existence according to evolutionary theory? It can't. It's pseudoscience. Why does the universe seem to be structured around mathematics? Why is its unfolding described by mathematical processes?

Mathematics is the language of reality.

Satyr wrote:
your belief that man is a slave is despicable

If you can't understand the mathematical science how are you any different to a half-naked tribesman chucking spears at an aeroplane? You're the modern day equivalent. A Borneo tribesman who is outraged I don't consume my ancestors and this is why the world is going to shit.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 4:49 pm

Silas wrote:
pseudo-scientific ideas like freewill?
What a complete thrall you are, how pathetic. At least you can serve the purposes of your Master, slave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 4:51 pm

Æon wrote:
Silas wrote:
pseudo-scientific ideas like freewill?
What a complete thrall you are, how pathetic.  At least you can serve the purposes of your Master, slave.

Who is my master?
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 4:56 pm

You tell me; you obviously take great pride in your complete slavery.

Then again, your kind has been enslaved for 3000 years. You turned it into a virtue long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:11 pm

The emotive reaction is amusing. Do you have any choice but to go on, or to end it if you can't?

Aren't you a slave already? How many choices do you really have?
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:37 pm

A slave who believes she can lecture a free man, is much more amusing.

If you want a lesson on freedom, then beg for it. Groveling is what you're good at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:46 pm

A lesson in freedom from someone whose master/chief will be along soon to put me in my place?

Are you the village witch doctor?
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:52 pm

Silas wrote:
A lesson in freedom from someone whose master/chief will be along soon to put me in my place?

Are you the village witch doctor?
This is you projecting again.

You can remain a thrall indefinitely, as-if you ever had a choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 10:38 am

Here's some heartfelt advice. You exhibit signs of thought disturbance. Your grammar is muddled and so is your comprehension of the situation. This is symptomatic of psychic disintegration. If you haven't already sought help then I urge you to. Good luck.

‘words are really something like condensed actions, situations, and things. [They are] linguistic substitutes for reality’ -Jung
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Your slavishness is disgusting.

Your projections are childish.

You will never have free-will.

You are a parasite.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 9:13 pm

WendyDarling wrote:

"Only the truth matters, not at how it is arrived. Unlike you, I’m still searching for dots to connect"

George Orwell said, "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

One brutal truth is you are going to die and you have no idea when. 

What I find the saddest is that the people I love are going to die and I dont know when.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabine Hossenfelder Sabine Hossenfelder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sabine Hossenfelder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: