Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Nobility

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Nobility Nobility EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 pm

There is a war going on, and at the risk of what we call "camp" or "eccentric" this war is no laughing matter, as it will determine the future of mankind and the preservation of certain principles which are quickly becoming extinct.
The current circumstances of a overpopulation, diminishing resources,  increasing pollution (genetic and memetic - otherwise known as "unfit" mutations) and the absence of frontiers has forced a particular kind of adaptation, one with limited options and restricted avenues of expression.

We, actually, live in an era where any expression of a nature that goes against the commonly prescribed  norms, based on some very ambiguous and simplistic values, risks getting yourself banished, ostracized, incarcerated and rejected - repercussions that have different outcomes for males and females.

It is true that a free expression of masculinity is prohibited, but so is the free expression of femininity, outside the culturally and socially induced modes, which are then called "appropriate".

It is obvious that this limitation will be attractive to the majority, as most will fall beneath what is naturally considered superior and, for this reason, the idea of  "civility" will find welcoming ears amongst those that intuitively consider themselves a part of the genetically wronged - an injustice a memetic balm is supposed to heal, or  pretend to, while exacting its own costs and demanding its own sacrifices.  

Nevertheless, a war is being fought over the spirit of mankind.
We see it all around  us, daily, yet few of us take any notice having been programmed to react to it in specific ways resulting in specific judgments.
It is, like all wars, one of survival...and, like all wars, it demands sacrifices and choices to be made.

The first choice is a very simple one: What side are you on?
Is uniformity and non-distinction your aim, or is the preservation of individuality and all that this entails, from inequality to cruelty, your aim?

Are you on the side of individuation, and the discriminating prejudicial choices this asks for, or is deferring judgment for the sake of comfortable illusinary peace and equality, your highest aspiration?

Are you on the side of retaining your personal highest potentials or on the side of a communal rise to an averaged ideal?

Do you see life, existence, as an opportunity, or as a burden to be endured and be done with as quickly as possible, abandoning it all to the absolute void or some conception of the absolute "substance" that only promises and only asks for a sacrifice in reason and sensual awareness, on behalf of a more flexible and therefore more forgiving imagination?

This war will not be without casualties and sacrifices, but neither will it be without heroes and villains, valiant warriors and cowards, minions and acts of personal glory.
This is a fight over the spirit of mankind...it is a battle over spirit, and its diminished into numbers and other abstractions and casual dismissals, for the sake of  tranquility and universal inclusion.

These are my tenets (as they've been thought out, up to this date, in my current endeavor to explore the situation and lay down the lines - a preliminary sketch of an ongoing activity) and all are asked to contribute: corrections and/or additions.

Presented in the first-person

Quote :
Principles of Nobility

1} Integrity -
I live by and fully accept the costs and the consequences of my own choices – as well as the subsequent reactions and collateral effects that these will inevitably produce.
I live with honor accepting the full breadth of my responsibilities - even though I may not always fully understand the circumstances that bring them about and so I, sometimes, fail to completely appreciate the situation; and even though much of this past which determines me and directs all my activities has been chosen for me and is immutable in relation to my linear condition.
My partial knowledge (ignorance) and understanding will not be used to claim innocence.  

I stand, not as ignorant and ashamed, but as cognizant and proud, and to the best of my abilities; not an eternal victim of circumstances but as a man accepting it all as part of the price I must pay for becoming.
I do not selectively embrace my heritage when it flatters and benefits me but, as a man, I embrace it even when it burdens me and casts doubt upon me, or forces uncomfortable choices upon me.
This is how I overcome my resentment for all that made me possible and offered me the opportunity, which I call life.

2} Courage -
Need is the sensation of existence and dependence is how this existence interacts - ergo strength and freedom are to be considered comparisons between different manifestations of life and not as absolute values I must reach for and then feel embarrassed for not grasping.
It is my attempt, my motive, and the degree to which I realize my goals, which will define me.
For this reason inequality is to be accepted as a fundamental part of all relationships, and the hierarchies they naturally and often intuitively produce.

I will not shirk from this truth no matter how much it insults and/or it hurts me, nor will I be seduced by comforting lies that offer me a relief from its implied outcome.
I will consider this fact a challenge, not a burden.
I will not use my ignorance as an excuse nor will I use it as evidence of my bravery, because not knowing the danger does not constitute valor in the face of it.
My substance will be revealed in the face of the unknown and not the known, making any mention of my ignorance of it a superfluous self-evident fact that is now employed as an apology for one’s naturally occurring anxieties.
My heart will not be appraised by how little fear it feels, but by how much of it manages, and directs, with my mind - Will.

3} Discipline -
Power is to be considered, first and foremost, a product of self-control.
He who does not possess any dominance over the energies that make up his own Becoming and/or the one who has failed to know or to appreciate the entirety of his inheritance, has no “right” to stake a claim on any form of command leading to some hypothetical future.
To control one’s nature does not mean to deny it: asceticism should not be taken as a goal in itself, as often all work is, but as a means towards a higher one – a method for sharpening the Will’s focus, resulting in a greater approach towards the desirable idea(l).
The easiest way to remain a victim of nature, and the past, is to be ignorant of it or to reject its determinative power over my actions (thoughts being such actions).

My emotions are not how I govern myself, for they are natural methods of ensuring certain behaviors, nor are my instincts what I identify with, but it is my reason that shall be my central characteristic, my perfect instrument; it is what sets me apart from lower creatures and offers me both an advantage and a burden which I must bear – but it also offers me the possibility for a better appreciation of existence and whatever ephemeral pleasures it has to offer.

Therefore, athleticism and asceticism (ασκηση), will be how I hone my essence, focus its energies and direct its activities – It is how I strengthen my Will.  

4} Honor -
Reciprocate in kind, and then some; never forget and rarely forgive after the opportunity to correct has been offered and a warning has been issued – for the past repeats itself and you owe nothing to nobody but yourself.
Amnesia is a modern virtue I will not ascribe to, for it makes me a victim of chance and it diminishes the faculties that are supposed to aid me in judging and choosing my way - compassion is another modern virtue I will not ascribe to when it is promoted as a duty towards some idealized concept of otherness, founded upon some presupposed, but not justified, sacredness of life,  nor will I ascribe to it when it demands of me a cessation of my own faculties that lead to my own increased appreciation of my choices.
Let them know, one way or another, how you expect to be treated and, in turn, how you will treat them.
Be kind to the kindly and brutal to the brutish; be vulgar to the obscene and arrogant to the pompous - and do so with a multiplying force of ten.
But, also, be considerate of motive, for not all can return in kind what you offer to them.
On this basis is true friendship built - the rational kind - with none of that emotive womanly romantic bullshit many today use to try to make themselves feel worthy of loyalty and sympathy when they are no more than animals that would turn upon the one that risked showing them a degree of respect they did not warrant, and so could never appreciate.

I remain weary of exposing my own weakness, as the most base and envious will seize upon the opportunity to raise themselves at my expense, and if no other harm is done, a loss of respect is to be expected.  

Agape is only as powerful as the reasons underlying it.  
Amongst the dull and ignoble no amity is possible beyond the one enforced by social and cultural conventions and induced by superficial immediate gratification.  

5} Lucidity
Awareness is what sets me apart from both brute and animal, and discrimination is how this awareness manifests itself, offering me options (free-will).
Race, sex, creed, tribe, nationality, bloodlines, family are all to be considered in evaluating the nature of the other, but they are not to be used to automatically exclude them from reflection and from potential friendships and alliances, nor will they be used as a primary standard of appraisal.

My creed lies in the mind – the only aspect of my species that differentiates and exalts me, in relation to nature as a whole.
Idea(l)s, thinking, consciousness is what differentiates friend from foe, and brother from animal, and my kind from all others, and it is this distinction, and the attention to details it is founded upon, which distinguishes me in relation to them; the rest of it may decide the potentials reached and they may settle the qualities which result in hierarchy (sacred authority), but they do not lead to an off-handed rejection of the other, if and when (s)he adheres to my core principles.

Discrimination is how I determine quantities and, primarily, qualities, therefore I will not shy away from perceiving nuances nor from accepting them as relevant and/or as indicative of character, no matter how many threats and deceptions I am showered with to force me to blind myself.
The senses are my mind’s only access to the world, therefore no dogma slandering, degrading or seducing my mind to abandon them as “illusions”, attempting to cut me off from reality and make me a victim of it, will find a welcoming place in me.
I fully recognize the unreliability of the senses or how the mind often fails to accurately interpret sensual data, but this is no reason to abandon the only tools I have to become aware. It is, in fact, an added reason why I appreciate those that exhibit a higher awareness than the average and why I strive to increase my own; it is why I value those that are brave enough to rely on their own perceptions and the interpretations they result in.

6} Generosity -
Munificence is how I rid myself of my excess.
I offer freely what I can afford and that which I produce in abundance, not interested in whom feeds on the remnants of my own meals, but I also take note of moochers, beggars and vampires who take without giving in return, whatever they can afford, and who show no gratitude or appreciation for what they have received.

Their pettiness forces me to respond to them in like manner (as was noted in principle #4) and nothing but by niggardly disposition will they find before them, as I am unconcerned about the judgments of inferior creatures.
With their behavior they expose how little they think of me and/or understand me and my own kind - as leeches do not feed on their own kind - and so I will take their assessment for granted and treat them as not belonging in spirit to my own kind, as they obviously do not. Having no conscious or innate knowledge of my principles, showing not even a single moniker of nobility of spirit, I will adjust my own behavior towards them and treat them as they should and beg to be treated.  

7} Pride -
I am willing to make compromises, for the benefits of ease and for the distractions of companionship, in all matters except on these core principles that define me and with which I identify my spirit of Becoming.  
Without them I am nothing, and I refuse to live as a nothing, as a common animal void of all acumen and distinction, governed by the basest of sensations.  
Nature is my only foundation, as it is the sum of all the nurturing that determines me; from it I come together, in parts, for a short while, striving towards my consummated state, and to it I will surrender these same parts, having failed, but grateful for the opportunity to try - in the meantime I choose to live as a man.

I seek self-knowledge as a means of more fully understanding myself, gaining levels of self-consciousness that will offer me an assistance in pursuit of my desire to reach my fullest potential and, in so doing, to do honor to my ancestors – paying homage to their own efforts and sacrifices as they were passed on to me.
I do not deny my past, I embrace it, wanting only to control it, so that I may focus its energies upon higher grounds and guide it towards it highest point before I perish.
I will pass on this legacy, if I can, or I will live in accordance with its tenants, as much as I possibly can, and then die knowing that I’ve remained loyal to their promise.

8} Autonomy
Live Lightly, is my mantra, and asceticism is my spiritual faith.
My purpose is self-sustenance as it is the path towards a greater degree of independence, and the clarity this result in.  
I submit to its costs, knowing that no final destination will be reached, finding empowerment in the exercise, finding identity and purpose in the journey towards what I shall never fully attain.

I refine my needs, identifying the ones which I cannot do without and casting aside all others as extraneous or as possible future vices, if and only if I have superfluous energies to sacrifice when answering their call.  
I, first, determine my elemental obligations to my own sustenance, and I strive to ensure a steady stream of them, towards my partial and fleeting fulfillment, before I grant my excesses to luxuries and passing distractions.

9} Ambition
Social and cultural conventions aside and irrespective of how modernity has limited these concepts and attached them to communal utility, mythological abstractions and popular decrees, my one and only ambition is to improve myself, to the best of my abilities, and it is to attain my highest potential, as this has been determined by my past – then I dare to dream of breaking even this barrier, by appropriating energies from my environment, manipulating and integrating them within my own synergistic flow, and then concentrating their might upon my objective.

In this way, and only in this way, do I achieve the possibility of detaching myself from the determined, even if partially, acquiring the supremacy of what has been called “free-will”.
It is at that moment when I exploit my surroundings, absorbing their wayward energies within my own order, and combining them into one laser-like beam, aimed by the power of my will, when I surpass myself and break free from what has been determined, raising the bar and readjusting my own limitations upwards. With it I also lift my entire heritage along with me, offering a new challenge to my descendants.

10} Loyalty
My allegiances are not as undiscriminating as a whores love, nor is my friendship as frivolous as a little child’s tastes.
When I offer my camaraderie, I do so with care and after a long period of deliberations, observations and testing. The other must prove himself/herself to be authentic, while not being aware that (s)he is being evaluated – then I give of myself with few reservations.

The foundation of my sympathies and of my fidelity is that of trust – nothing exceed this in significance, particularly not lust or what is commonly called “love” in this age of naïve romanticism and superficial materialism, surrendering to instinct and immediate gratification every chance it gets, and pretending it is in a state of enlightenment.
This trust I offer sparingly and with caution, expecting no different in return.
Towards those which I have deemed unworthy of this confidence I owe nothing…and nothing is what they will receive from me – nothing except for duplicity, scorn, and exploitation.
I feel no sympathy towards those not of my kind, and none of my actions in regards to them will fill me with remorse, for they are now one more resource and/or one more obstacle in the environment we share.  
I am beholden only to my own kin, those that made me possible and offered me the rare opportunity to experience existence, and to my brothers in spirit, those that contribute to my development, my peace of mind, my simple pleasures, and my constant drive to exceed myself, despite myself.

Being of my species, in a biological (genetic) sense does not offer anyone automatic admittance into the group I consider my kind. My identifications go beyond the genetic and into what has been referred to as memetic, as I am are far more self-aware than an animal. My self-respect prevents me from lowering myself to a level where a rudimentary similarity constitutes a reason to identify myself with an unsophisticated brute and an intellectual midget.
The mind, the attitude, the spirit of becoming exhibited daily and consistently matters far more, to me, than anything else; grace, humility in the face of the unknown, arrogance in the face of the known, self-control and self-knowledge, determination, patience, clarity and an agreement upon the basic tenants of an aristocratic disposition, are far more important in my eyes.    

The only real question is:

Which side are you on?!

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:36 am

To silence the collective voice of reassurance is the obstacle to overcome.

Medical intervention has already severely hampered natural selection, and the present invasive methods of morality and humanism sustain this stagnate anomaly.

In comfortable environments, the mind turns inward upon itself, due to conflict being reduced and thoughts become reality. like a prisoner in a cell, all one has is time to think, and depending on the quality of the mind, madness may be the result of this stale state.

This inward process then relies upon an "outward" control, and societal voices offer this. Place someone in a room with no disturbance for most of their lives and they can believe they can do anything and be anything, and the reinforcement of these beliefs exacerbate this.

As long as the weak are validated, by another source other than themselves, i have no doubt that dysfunctions of nature will continue to occur, and in this way, evolution pushes against the pressure of entropy.

Also, it's a matter of distinguishing principles such as these from how they are turned into manufactured products of a consumer society.

"Duty" is taken as a feeble version of "responsibility" for example. As politicians promote duty to anything that serves a system of blind obedience.

Or what it means to be compassionate. To all or to some exceptions? principles of society or self.
Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:56 am

It is true that nobility is mentioned often but demonstrated little.
Actions speak louder than words in this regard.

Before taking a step to either side, if such an action becomes necessary, one must first be able to recognise firm ground beneath one's own feet.

BTW ascetic all societies are consumer societies. It is when the balance between consumption and renewal are tipped that things go badly awry. Such imbalances, however, are taken care of by nature in the long run. In trying to irons things out humans iron in more and bigger creases...
Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:04 pm

maryshelley wrote:

BTW ascetic all societies are consumer societies.

Holy shit, really?!

I've learned something new. You know what else i learned recently? that the toilet seat is put up before i take a piss, and that i chew my food before i swallow it.

Quote :
It is when the balance between consumption and renewal are tipped that things go badly awry. Such imbalances, however, are taken care of by nature in the long run. In trying to irons things out humans iron in more and bigger creases...

Aside from the impertinent generalizations....

My point, was that societal consumerism desecrates principles, stripping them of their veritable worth and usurping them from personal interpretation.
The recognition of this difference of how principles, like the ones mentioned in the OP, are applied is what must be understood.
Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Ascetic wrote:
maryshelley wrote:

BTW ascetic all societies are consumer societies.

Holy shit, really?!

I've learned something new. You know what else i learned recently? that the toilet seat is put up before i take a piss, and that i chew my food before i swallow it.

Quote :
It is when the balance between consumption and renewal are tipped that things go badly awry. Such imbalances, however, are taken care of by nature in the long run. In trying to irons things out humans iron in more and bigger creases...

Aside from the impertinent generalizations....

My point, was that societal consumerism desecrates principles, stripping them of their veritable worth and usurping them from personal interpretation.
The recognition of this difference of how principles, like the ones mentioned in the OP, are applied is what must be understood.

Yeah I got your point even though it wasn't yours to make.
Yes like you demonstrated here. The application of your principles, right?

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:56 pm

If you read the principles, no where does it say that they apply indiscriminately.

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Σατυρ wrote:
If you read the principles, no where does it say that they apply indiscriminately.

Principles are possessed and applied by the individual or they are not. Otherwise one is in danger of becoming a type A hypocrite thus rendering 1. Integrity a non starter.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Little woman...as no absolute state is possible one is identified not by the attainment of this mythological construct, but by the ideals that govern and direct this Becoming and by how far along towards it, in relation to others, he has gone.

You are still consumed by the Judeo-Christian absolutism, the nihilism of shame.

Think of the ideals as a distant, hazy mountain...a Mount Olympus...and these principles as methods of reaching it and then climbing upon its side, as high as one can, towards is hidden by clouds top, where the gods await, before death tumbles you back down.

And AGAIN, nowhere in the text does it say one applies them indiscriminately...in fact it makes a point about discrimination - in accordance with how one adheres to these principles himself/herself.

I am no Christian, dear...if someone slaps me, I do not turn the other cheek and if someone is a degenerate animal with the mind of a lobotomized sea-snail I do not treat him as if he were human.

Did you actually read and understand the principles, or did you see the word "principles" and you automatically connected your small mind to your own Judeo-Christian humanitarian ones?

I know that for tiny minds certain words automatically evoke conditioned responses...like when one sees the word "ego" or "fascist" or "race" or "gender" or "principles" or when simpletons automatically assume that the term "empathy" means compassion.

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Σατυρ wrote:

And AGAIN, nowhere in the text does it say one applies them indiscriminately...in fact it makes a point about discrimination - in accordance with how one adheres to these principles himself/herself.

I repeat:

Principles are possessed and applied by the individual or they are not. Otherwise one is in danger of becoming a type A hypocrite thus rendering 1. Integrity a non starter.

What that means and I'll explain it S L O W L Y for you is that you must first apply 'principles' to yourself (ie BEFORE applying them to others) if you are not to be labelled a hypocrite thus rendering your integrity moot. So you have disagreed to agree with my agreement here.

On an interesting side note; time and time again when pressed most people would rather adjust their principles when confronted with the fact that their behaviour belies them. In other words they justify their behaviour rather than align it with stated principles.

Now I will allow you some space to demonstrate your integrity:

Be kind to the kindly and brutal to the brutish; be vulgar to the obscene and arrogant to the pompous - and do so with a multiplying force of ten.
But, also, be considerate of motive, for not all can return in kind what you offer to them.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Once more, my thickness, READ #1!!!!!

And the quote is not from #1!!!!! so it isn't compromised as a "non-starter", thickness...

Quote :
and what shall one be to the stupid and the dim?
Humoring, perhaps...

What is Satyr, my thickness?
Having spoken to me, is Satyr me or a caricature, a part of me exaggerated and allowed free reign?
Have I not humored you, my thickness?

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:01 am

maryshelley wrote:

Yeah I got your point even though it wasn't yours to make.

You're right, it was God's. I am ashamed.

I need to go say my hail marys now...

Quote :
Yes like you demonstrated here. The application of your principles, right?

Did i claim to demonstrate anything? idiot, This is not trite fiction novel narration that you can simply breeze through lackadaisically, this is stuff, believe it or not, that you actually have to read and think about.

my principles are laid out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since you come here to jack off and twirl your hair, I'll take a different approach.
Is there a difference between society and individual?
and if so, how do principles (LIKE THE ONES IN THE OP) relate to each?
Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:37 am

Σατυρ wrote:

and what shall one be to the stupid and the dim?
Humoring, perhaps...

Well that would depend whether they were kindly or brutish, would it not?

Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 am

Ascetic wrote:

You're right, it was God's. I am ashamed.

I need to go say my hail marys now...

You are forgiven Smile

Quote :
Did i claim to demonstrate anything? idiot, This is not trite fiction novel narration that you can simply breeze through lackadaisically, this is stuff, believe it or not, that you actually have to read and think about.

You didn't claim to demonstrate; you demonstrated. See the difference. And you assume because your hero posts something that he has thought about that others haven't?

Quote :
Since you come here to jack off and twirl your hair, I'll take a different approach.

You arrogant pompous twerp. Many of my posts here have been completely deleted or allocated 'guest' status. Convenient huh? So it looks like the history boys are the only ones who have owt to say. But such is life all bitch like.

Think if you read there's summat about 'anyone can being invited to participate'....

Quote :
Is there a difference between society and individual?
and if so, how do principles (LIKE THE ONES IN THE OP) relate to each?

Well, duh, like yeah I, duh, guess so.

Some would argue that principles are inherited; others that society and/or religion tries to impose principles. I am one who believes that nothing is immutable apart from perhaps the PAST which cannot be changed.

Therefore principles are subject to evolution and are not fixed but applied according to the situation. That is not to say that one abandons one's principles at a mere whim but that one applies them with wisdom...

For instance, taking a christian commandment such as

'Thou shalt not kill.'

How might such a principle if rigidly applied lead one into very deep water?

Just as;

'Be brutish to the stupid and dim'

might also

or brutish to the brutish (setting aside motive)

See? Principles dems be all difficult like innit?

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 pm

The list has been updated.

- - -

A Noble Man

--The one who places no one and no thing, above him and his own.

--The one who does not use another consciousness of the world as a standard but goes directly to the world itself.

--The one who accepts the benefits and the costs of his own authority over his own opinions and actions.

--The one who shows appreciation for one who has contributed to his own understanding of what he sees, without placing him on a pedestal, above himself.

--The one who tests an other's opinions and advice not against those of still another, but against the world around him.

--The one who shows reverence, and defers, not to another living being, like himself, but to the world, nature, reality, which is independent of all consciousness and interpretations and perspectives.

--The one who does not wish to correct, or escape nature, nor change it, but only tries to adapt and correct himself in relation to it.

--The one who only resists the imposition of another's corrections and ideals and interventions upon nature when they contradict it, and only promise pipe-dreams and fantasies as hopeful futures.

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IF.....

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:02 am

maryshelley wrote:

Quote :

You arrogant pompous twerp. Many of my posts here have been completely deleted or allocated 'guest' status. Convenient huh? So it looks like the history boys are the only ones who have owt to say. But such is life all bitch like.

Think if you read there's summat about 'anyone can being invited to participate'....

Oh shut up.

Quote :
Some would argue that principles are inherited; others that society and/or religion tries to impose principles.

And you think this response should garner respect?

I didn't ask you for more of your vapid generalizations, as i know they are useful for masking stupidity by insinuating depth.

It's not about how principles are pressured upon an individual, as the universe applies pressure inevitably. It's about how they are used between the two.
Integrity to a collective voice means providing loyalty to others before oneself.

To an individual however, granted their minds are flexible, means integrity is loyalty that is preserved for the one who deems it as valuable and not insignificant and conserved for those that deserve it.

The current hyper moralistic collective environment that exists today, takes guiding ideals such as these, of those who still long to maintain their quality, and circulate them into the mundane fold of mindlessness and conformity, making them accessible only by submitting to this fold. Turning them into popular cheap products to be used and discarded.
It's the same method that capitalism uses on human vice.

It's about triviality and value.
Quality over quantity and vice versa.

Quote :
Therefore principles are subject to evolution and are not fixed but applied according to the situation. That is not to say that one abandons one's principles at a mere whim but that one applies them with wisdom...

'Thou shalt not kill.'

What a perfect example of a reprobate nature finding justification in necessity.
the fact that you would be stupid enough to adhere to a principle that excludes the freedom of volition, speaks of the quality of the mind and exactly how the Self is shunned under the constraints to serve a greater good.

You don't apply what you consider precious to what is considered a necessary evil. You preserve it. This is what integrity is.

Still can't understand or grasp the difference huh stupid?

Living in an advanced age. All those years of being alive, all those experiences, all that time for contemplation and you still don't have a fucking clue about anything. What does this say about you? You piece of shit?

I would say with the exception of Alucard Tepes as she is the only female here with a worthy degree of awareness. you, piece of dog shit that you are, that hopeless, infantile airhead Uzume, and that sad pitiful Kriswest who is aching for Σατυρ's cock or any cock for that matter, should all be made specimens.

But that's just what i think.
Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Ascetic wrote:

Oh shut up.

After you.

Quote :
Some would argue that principles are inherited; others that society and/or religion tries to impose principles.

And you think this response should garner respect?

It is true is it not? Most think it is an either/or situation.

Quote :
It's not about how principles are pressured upon an individual, as the universe applies pressure inevitably. It's about how they are used between the two.
Integrity to a collective voice means providing loyalty to others before oneself.

If one wishes to be part of a collective, that is? To belong?

Quote :
To an individual however, granted their minds are flexible, means integrity is loyalty that is preserved for the one who deems it as valuable and not insignificant and conserved for those that deserve it.

Integrity is practising what one preaches; even if one only has oneself to preach. Put up or shut up.

Quote :
The current hyper moralistic collective environment that exists today, takes guiding ideals such as these, of those who still long to maintain their quality, and circulate them into the mundane fold of mindlessness and conformity, making them accessible only by submitting to this fold. Turning them into popular cheap products to be used and discarded.
It's the same method that capitalism uses on human vice.

It's all about clinging to the ten commandments, actually. Subverted. Thou shalt, thou shalt, thou shalt. It's ok to, really it is. From this morass actually there is an opportunity for the self to emerge. A spirit 'freed' of collective morals; finds it's own way; its own rules and applies them.

Quote :

'Thou shalt not kill.'

Quote :
What a perfect example of a reprobate nature finding justification in necessity.
the fact that you would be stupid enough to adhere to a principle that excludes the freedom of volition, speaks of the quality of the mind and exactly how the Self is shunned under the constraints to serve a greater good.

Yes that's how adhering to an externally imposed principle gets you into deep water.
Would I kill to defend myself? Yes.
Would I kill to save myself? Yes possibly.
Would I kill to save another. Yes possibly.
That others die already that I may live as I do. Already happening.
So much for thou shalt not kill as a principle. It is meaningless.

how about:

I will kill if the situation arises to necessitates it but I will not kill with impunity.
Or
I will kill if I judge it necessary to do so.

Quote :
You don't apply what you consider precious to what is considered a necessary evil. You preserve it. This is what integrity is.

Still can't understand or grasp the difference huh stupid?

The difference, applied: If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

Quote :
Living in an advanced age. All those years of being alive, all those experiences, all that time for contemplation and you still don't have a fucking clue about anything. What does this say about you? You piece of shit?

This says nothing about me. 'Tis empty rhetoric. Written for effect.

Quote :
I would say with the exception of Alucard Tepes as she is the only female here with a worthy degree of awareness. you, piece of dog shit that you are, that hopeless, infantile airhead Uzume, and that sad pitiful Kriswest who is aching for Σατυρ's cock or any cock for that matter, should all be made specimens.

But that's just what i think.

Irrelevant to the discussion but do pull some more strings just for the hell of it.

Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:57 pm

He he.

"you have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"

Stand for yourself, first and foremost. All others will then become relative.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Quigley, Carroll wrote:
Moreover, even if the most moderate estimates
produced by the alter-day apologists for Classical slavery are taken as
correct, this in no way would reduce the significance of slavery as the
instrument of expansion of Classical civilization. All that we require of
such an instrument is that it be important (or perhaps the most important)
mechanism in accumulating and investing savings in the society. Such a
role, I believe, cannot be withheld from Classical slavery. Other
organizations performed similar functions in Mediterranean civilization,
as they do in all societies, but the important role played by slavery in
the organizational dynamics of Classical antiquity can hardly be denied.
The attempts to deny it, which are frequently quite emotional, even when
they are made by classicists who pride themselves on their objectivity, are
but one class of examples of a notable weakness in Classical studies. This
weakness arises from the failure, by the average classicist, to seek a complete
and rounded view of Classical society. Instead it is usual to specialize
one’s attention on a few aspects of the subject, preferably on literature
or philosophy or archeology or even on only part of one of these: on Greek
thought but not on Latin, on Plato but not on Virgil, or Aristotle but not
on Theophrastus or Pythagoras or Archimedes, on Athenian excavation but
not on Anatolian or on Etruscan ones.
Quigley, Carroll wrote:
It seems to me that Classical culture was
aristocratic; it was clarid; it was urban; it was balanced; and it was
mundane. One of these words will not be found in any dictionary. When I
say that Classical culture was “clarid,” I mean that it was lucid, clear,
rational, in some ways like the Mediterranean sunlight infusing the
atmosphere to an astounding clarity. Classical culture kept certain elements
of its aristocratic outlook, and never, like the Hebrews, came to regard
man as a helpless and cringing worm.

When we say that Classical culture
was aristocratic, we mean much
more than that it was the possession of an upper-class minority. We mean
that this culture refused to regard either profit or power as goals of
life, but rather tended to regard honor and the esteem of one’s equals as
at least equally worthy goals. It was quite willing to accept a goal for and
an organization of life that functioned economically on a deficit basis,
that could not be made available to all men or was not comprehensible to
all men, but that had to be supported by many men who could neither share
in it nor understand it. This point of view had an aversion to anything
practical or vocational; it regarded its goal (honor) as one whose appeal
is not (like wealth or power) automatically appreciated but one that is
achieved by breeding and discipline. It regarded man as by nature close to
the gods but very remote from the animals; it did not accept the equality
of men, but did insist on a fraternity of equals within a select group of
participants. It emphasized the dignity of the individual, at first only
the individual within the chosen group; but later, as democratic influences
spread, it tended to grant equality and individual dignity to all, not by
bringing the outlook of ordinary men into the select group, but rather by
spreading the outlook of the select group outward to ordinary men. To do
this it was necessary, while allowing the select group to grow constantly
larger, to continue to emphasize the superiority of the members of the group
over outsiders. At first the group consisted only of those of noble birth;
later it was the citizens of the city-state. As this group was expanded,
emphasis continued on the distinction between free men and slaves, between
Greek and barbarian, between those who had the political franchise and
those who lacked it. Only when Classical culture was in its decline (after
the time of Christ) did it begin to accept the equality of all men. Even
then it insisted that all men had human dignity, had a kind of divinity,
and were worthy of respect. Thus to the very end, Classical culture kept
certain elements of its aristocratic outlook, and never, like the Hebrews,
came to regard man as a helpless and cringing worm. One last
characteristic of an aristocratic outlook that Classical culture maintained
to the end was its belief in social regression rather than social progress
and its conviction that the golden age was to be found in the past rather
than in the future. This gave the culture an underlying pessimism redeemed
by the fact that man’s fate, however hopeless, must be borne with dignity…In
saying that Classical culture was clarid,
we mean that it possessed the qualities of rationality, lucidity, and
clarity. This culture sought explanations rather than sensations. These
explanations were regarded as satisfactory if they led to some concept
that could be grasped by man’s conscious mind…

When we say that this
culture was urban, we mean that
it was possessed by a city-dwelling group who knew one another personally,
saw one another frequently, exchanged views by conversation or letter,
rather than by media of mass communication, were remote from the
productive system, either agriculture or commerce, and regarded loyalty to
the state and its gods as the chief duty and chief privilege of existence.*When
we say that this culture was mundane,
we mean that it was humanistic, anthropocentric, and thisworldly. It
regarded man as the center of everything; it interpreted everything in
terms of human aims; it had no real concern with life after death or with
the gods, and no real idea of eternity or of reward or punishment in the
afterlife. It had no real idea of the nature of divinity until very late,
and then achieved this idea as a consequence of n aristocratic pursuit of
truth, a rationalistic pursuit by
men with leisure and with no real regard for wealth or power. This mundane
character of Classical culture meant that this culture, in extreme cases,
was materialistic in tis outlook; but it was able to escape the ordinary
consequences of materialism because of its ideals of aristocracy and
moderation.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 am

" To say "For Him there is Wisdom (i.e. 'he is wise')' is ultimately only meant that said Person has expanded (to fruition and completion hopefully, or even partially so) anamnesis ,or the 'unwinding' (epistrophe) to some level of fruition to which the Self is more self-choate or coherent (to itself).

That all "have Self" goes without saying, however what is potential (wisdom/Self) is not actual, anymore so than a farmer sitting on a million tons of gold ore (yielding ultimately 100,000 ounces of gold) is still a poverty stricken wretch. The philosophical, the metaphysical extraction of Self from embodiment (as meant identity WITH, or IGNORANCE OF ones Self) is the actualization as meant and implied by wisdom, by Self, to which there is utterly no distinction Subjectively, except in linguistic context of discussion which is for purpose of communicating concepts alone.

That said of the fool in spiritual parlance that "he is not himself" is logically so meant any fool who has "himself lost" in full or partial identity with the persona of existential selfhood composed of the psycho-physical. Inversely so, the wiseman is "himSelf" as meant wisdom and Self/Spirit have no distinction, no ambiguity that "this is Self and that is wisdom", in metaphysics, this cannot, this can never apply or logically be meant.

Wisdom by definition is merely a turn of phrase as meant actualization (of Self), to which deductively, ignorance is said of someone who is "never himself" (as meant always the phenomenal persona Bob, Sue, etc.)." [Kathodos]

Wisdom means, the phrase Embodied-wisdom falls apart. One's Body becomes Wisdom - this is being one's Self.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm

The concept's right; needs a bit of refinement. 

Quote :
"Often we hear various nationalist movements throw around the title Aryan, thinking that by doing so they are inheriting the greatness of the Aryan legacy. Little do they know of it’s meaning, nor do most even care to find out what it means. It is an insult to the Aryan philosophy and it’s people when used in such a way, and most especially when used by Christians.

So what did being an Aryan mean to our ancestors? In order to understand this we need to look through various dialectal forms of the word “Ar”, as well as where and how it was used. Here are a few variations:

Ar/Yar
As/Yas
Or
Ra
Ru
Ro
Based on some words where we can get a general idea of what it means. We will now go over a few words:

(English/Latin)
Rough
Ruin
Rage
Rave
Romp
War
Roar
Ares
Various (Latin Varius: change, diversification, transition)

(Slavic)
Ray – the highest heaven, paradise.
Rahman – an enlightened wise man.
Brama – gates of transition.
Yarilo – a solar deity.
Yarkiy – bright.
Yariy – to be aroused in great energy, such as being enraged, or to be sexually aroused.
Svarga – the most common word used to denote the swastika (a solar symbol).
Oraty – to plow.
Ruynuvati – to ruin.
Orats – to scream.
Varyty – to suffocate with heat, or boil.
Svara – to fight.
Vartiy – worthy.
Harno – good.
Yasno – clear and bright.
Zhara – heat.
Yaroslav – a common Slavic name, meaning “he who glorifies Yar”.
Yarga – another name used to denote the swastika.
Asi/Yasi – one of the names used by Scythian tribes.
Ros/Rus (in this word the o actually sounds more like a combination of the letter “o” and “u”) – a river in Ukraine known for it’s brightness & clarity.
Roxolani – a Scythian tribe, Rox/Rokhs denoting brightness.
Raduha – an arch of light, “duha” being the Slavic word for arch.
Radost – the Slavic word for happiness. Dost “dostatok” is the Slavic word for “abundance”, so Radost means an abundance of God’s energy.
Khors – another name of a solar deity.
Rudiy – red.
Krasniy – red.
Karaty – to execute or carry out judgement.

(Swedish)
Grov – rough.
Rå – rough, crude.
Rasa – rave.
Svarma – to swarm, or rave.
Varg – a vicious wolf.
Yra – to be delirious.
Raseri – to be in a rage.

(Sanskrit)
Rata – to be engaged in.
Rusa – great rage.
Rosa – to be in a great rage.
Rudra – the destroyer, also known as “the mightiest terror” or “the roarer”.
Indra – the god of war, lightning storms and lightning.
Vajra – lightning bolt.
Svarga – the highest heaven, paradise.

(Avestan)
Yasna — to worship the light of God, to bring oblation. In Sanskrit the letter “s” is replaced with a “j” – Yajna.

There are countless words with the root “Ar” found in them, I think this should be sufficient.

In Old Persian and Sanskrit there are two words denoting cosmic order and truth.

Sanskrit – Ṛta
Old Persian – Asa/Arta

There is also another interesting word to take into account - ravine. The Slavic word for ravine is Yar. According to the etymology of the word ravin, we can see that it also like the previous words listed above, is associated with a violent and energetic force. Why would our ancestors call a deep narrow gorge with steep sides a Yar?

A ravine has two opposing sides, representing duality. It bares the same symbolism as the Swastika/Yin Yang and Vajra/Trident, as explained here. The yin yang symbol was also an Aryan symbol, evidence of this can be found in the Trypillian culture.

This also explains the reason as to why the Aryans associated plowing with “Ar” (Oraty). Because plowing divides and creates two opposing sides.

It creates duality through division, and thus the space in between. Division cultivates, brings forth life, in this case it allows the crops to better grow. In the case of a man and woman – a son or daughter is born. In the case of a negatively charged cloud and a positively charged cloud – lightning. This duality penetrates all levels of existence.

(An image of the Slavic God Veles, centered in a ravine above a fire:

Here we have images of a trident that is drawn on the forehead of Aryan priests:)

As we can see the color red or yellow, were used to denote the sacred fire of creation and cosmic order, the fire of the universal sun – Svarga. Svarga (swastika), is a combination of three different root words.

Sva – the pervasive unmanifest chaos, emptiness – passive.
Ar – the fire or light that brings order to chaos, manifest – active.
Ga – denotes movement.
Sva is the yin, Ar is the yang. The interplay between these two polar opposites creates the cyclic nature of the world. Movement and time are measured by cycles. Everything in the universe follows a cycle. This is why Samsara (the manifest world), is portrayed as a wheel of life, shifting through various cycles and transitions – through existence (which is the definition of the word samsara). This process is held together and supported by the highest heaven, the all pervading universal sun, the one source of all – Svarga.

The question may arise, why is the word Ar used to denote violent action?  The yang (Ar), is in charge of that which dismembers and divides, such as the dismemberment of Purusha the cosmic giant, who is yin (Sva). It is the destructive/transformative force in the Universe which maintains cosmic order. Cosmic order can be understood as the laws of physics, i.e the law of transmutation. Energy is in a constant state of transmission and transmutation. It is the cause and effect of itself and can be neither created nor destroyed.

This law explains that everything in the universe that we can see, hear,smell, taste, or touch, together with our emotions, is the manifestation of energy in various levels of vibration. The universe as a whole, and in its parts, has its existence in an ocean of motion. Motion is the only thing that is constant. Change (cycles) is energy’s only attribute; and because of it, comes all that is apparent to our material senses.

In the yin-yang symbol there is a dot of yin in yang and a dot of yang in yin. This symbolizes the inter-connectedness of the opposite forces as different aspects of Tao, the First Principle (Svarga). Contrast is needed to create a distinguishable reality, without which we would experience nothingness. Therefore, the independent principles of Sva and Ar are actually dependent on one another for each other’s distinguishable existence. The complementary dualistic concept in Vedism represents the reciprocal interaction throughout nature, related to a feedback loop, where opposing forces do not exchange in opposition but instead exchange reciprocally to promote stabilization similar to homeostasis. An underlying principle in Vedism states that within every independent entity lies a part of its opposite. Within sickness lies health and vice versa. This is because all opposites are manifestations of the single unified Svarga, and are therefore not independent from one another, but rather a variation of the same unifying force throughout all of nature.

Vedism is the Sanskrit and Slavic word meaning science or knowledge. It is this knowledge that defined our Aryan ancestors way of life, that propelled them to greatness. Aryans are the bearers of the light (Veda) of God – who is the Universe. Through meditation and other various methods of self reflection our Aryan ancestors were able to merge with the universal sun and receive knowledge of the functions of cosmic order. It is the same light that people speak of seeing when near death – the light at the end of the tunnel. Those that have merged with that light, and were able to bring back the knowledge they have acquired while in that state were called – Brahmins. Brahman translates in Sanskrit as “cosmic egg”. Thus Brahmins were those who merged with the Cosmic Egg (Svarga), and acquired the knowledge (Veda). This knowledge provided them with clarity and understanding, of why they were here on earth. It provided them with a sense of purpose.

Thus only those who have merged with the light and carry it’s knowledge can be considered “true” Aryans. Though those people that acknowledge Vedic knowledge can to an extent also be considered Aryans. An Aryan is one who understands and has fully embraced the ultimate mission of Svarog, to make the best of Samsara. What does it mean to make the best of Samsara? Samsara is the endless process of self realization. It is self reflection. So to make the best of Samsara would be to enhance the process of self reflection. To be an Aryan means to be the will of God – to be a creator." [Svarga]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*

Last edited by Lyssa on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:09 am

A noble man does not use words casually.
When he does choose to use a word to describe a connection, a situation, an emotion, he means it.

The word for him is a symbol of a real state, of an activity, because only action is existence.
A word not referring to an action, or contradict by actions, is a word void of substance or a word attempting redirection, duplicity or self-medicating delusion ...a lie.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Noble Spirit Nobility EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:31 pm

When an individual aligns himself with his past, denying and rejecting none of it, so that he makes of himself an additional link in the chain towards an idea(l) that does not embarrass, or shame him and his ancestors, in relation to the projected idea(l), then he is a noble spirit.
His ancestors being present through him, as he will be present in his children long after he is dead.
This alignment will be felt as contentment, a sense of well-being, though it may not always be pleasant, or easy to remain true to, given the (inter)activity (flux), and increasing entropy, of existence.
The individual remains loyal to a duty placed upon him by his past/nature which he must add to, in relation to a goal (object/objective) that does not contradict, or divert from its course.
The idea(l), object/objective, if it is in alignment with the past/nature, will honour this past rather than degrade it.
The individual makes of himself more than just an ephemeral becoming, indulging in short-term gratifications, and fashionable ambitions.
His existence is part of a timeless continuum, he must add to, or become its end.
To achieve this, one must know himself, or know his past through himself.
Not selectively, or only to flatter himself, but as completely and honestly as possible.
His projected idea(l), if it is not part of an inherited tradition, then it must be in-line with this past, and in reference to the world as it is, rather than how it ought to be, or could be.
He must imagine what kind of world he would want his children to live in, to bring honour back upon himself, as part of their ancestry.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Notice that a man is misaligned with his own past/nature when what he identifies with, in his past, contradicts what preceded it, down the ages... or negates it, by placing it in the "outside" of experience, and of all that is known about his past/nature, or when he is made to feel ashamed of his past with no possibility of coping with this shame by projecting a nobler object/objective (ideal), to direct himself toward and to remain true to.

This misalignment is felt as alienation, a sense of being lost, of lacking an identifier with substance, because he latched onto shallow images, marketable, popular, caricature, superficial identities.
A woman feels forever dissatisfied, disillusioned, now understanding why, when she's accomplished everything that was supposed to make her happy, she remains miserable, and with no sense of self.  

Children born and raised with no fathers, or fathers not worth shit, feel this as a longing they cannot pinpoint - something missing, something they seek outside of themselves, but do not know what or where; in faces, in pleasures, in drugs, in artificial realities, in infinite distraction, in cynical rejections, in belonging to abstractions, institutions.
Midlife crisis is directly linked to this sense of disappointment with what was promised to be important, and fulfilling.  
A man wakes up to a life he despises, and wonders what went wrong.
He looks around wt what he was told was valuable and was going to bring him substance and finds it empty.

A woman's midlife crisis has to do with "finding herself", because buried in hyperbolic artificiality she knows not what her nature is.
she's purchased every damn symbol she could find to feel a connection...and after the first 'high' goes away she is left with a self void of all connections -detached form her nature/past.

Stalagmites

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 pm

In this context, the negation being Judeo-Christian ideals and the dis-connected, narcissistic man it produces, self-absorbed in its inherited ideal towards its own self-destruction, perpetually stunted.

Deprived of his essence, now it is just an indistinguishable component of the master it submitted itself to, completing the process of the renouncement of himself, to an Other, through repentance fueled by his self-hatred... His tears will be his final sacrifice.

"Father! I am not worthy of your Greatness! Forgive me, and I shall forever be in your debt!" says the slave; his final words...

The man is no longer.
Back to top Go down

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Nice to see you're keeping an eye out, good old man.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Don't know much about MENSA or about genius, but I do know a lot about stupid.
Some will say it is because I am stupid, or because I am surrounded by stupid and that I've studied stupid in all its forms, but whatever the case might be, stupid is my specialty.
I can smell stupid a mile away.

Even when stupid calls itself genius, or just smart, or when ti claims to be a member of MENSA, I can recognize it behind the words it uses to hide.
See, existence, as I've defined it is a synonym of the word (inter)act, or simply to act, to behave.
It is also how i define phenomenon - that which appears by (inter)acting, or that which can be perceived because it exists and to exist is to (inter)act.
So, in whatever way you define intelligence it cannot be hidden, because it reveals itself through its (inter)acting.

Stupid, on the other hand, must declare itself intelligence because it has nothing to offer as evidence; it has no behavior, (inter)action which impresses the other as being exceptionally smart, or clever - not even in relation to a more stupid observer.
It, therefore, must declare itself as what it wishes to impress upon the other as its quality, its potential (inter)action.
It must convince enough stupid others that it is not stupid so as to then begin to believe, itself, that it is not stupid.
Through repetition or declarative statements it pronounces itself what it wishes to implant in the stupid other as a possibility, because it is stupid and has nothnig to offer as proof that it is intelligent, and because it has no action, no behavior to benefit from it wants to benefit by convincing the stupid, the more retarded, that it is what it wants to believe about itself, and in the reflection it wants to escape its won stupidity.

The same method can be used to convince others that one is strong, or noble, or valuable.
By repeating it to one's self, or by convincing others that this is so by suing words, the mind convinces itself, via reflection, that what it repeats using noetic symbols (words) might be so...and the more it repeats it, or the more idiots it convinces of this repeating mantra's validity, the more convinced it becomes of what it is, itself, unsure of.
In time, this repetition results in a reciprocity, where the repeating comes form the others who are convinced or are simply repeating what you've repeated for so long.

The individual becomes encased in a feedback loop where it validates others so that they may validate him, in their particular delusions.
Everything a mind wishes to believe about itself, now, becomes a matter of consistent repetition, and self-flattering, self-congratulatory, self-referential communal schizophrenia.

"I am noble"
"I am genius"
"I am beautiful"
"I am valuable"

I am anything I wish to call myself.
There is no standard outside myself to use, or that will be permitted to interrupt this solipsistic payback theme.
The word becomes magical - holy.
It absolves the world of all its injustices and saves every single man who uses this method, from the wrongs nature has wrought.

Nobility, no longer a behavior in relation to a projected idea(l), but a word one simply labels himself with...just because.
Genius, no longer anything other than a word I like to call myself, with no prof, no reason for doing so other than that I make of myself the one who decides - the "decider".
Value, no longer connected to anything real, to time, to space, to the world of (inter)activity, but another word, detached; a label I casually declare as being present here, or there, or anywhere my whim decides potential pleasure resides.
Pleasure, an end in itself. Not a byproduct of a satiation, but a universal reward for being me, for simply being born with hungers and needs.

I could be a stupid fuck and if I say I'm a member of MENSA then that's what I am. If I declare myself a genius, then that's what I am.
It doesn't matter what my actions reveal, what the absence of evidence supporting my claim says about my words, all that matters is that it feels good, and it comforts me.

In a nihilistic age, where the children of the book, by the book, for the book, the masses of victims fighting over who deserves the most consideration, and whose words should be forgiven the most, it is prudent to carry a small basket when you hear of a place with lots of cherries.

The first thing I think when someone "tells me" how he's this or that, is "stupid".
Convincing me, or another ten, another billion, another trillion others, will not make the words and the beliefs you hold in your mind true...not in a time when sheltering prevents the bitter reality from slapping you upside the head.

Empiricism works.
If someone claims to be a genius and has zero to show for it, or calls himself valuable, just because, and does not justify what standard this evaluation is based on, or simply believing you are noble, like a Christian believes, without a shred of doubt, that he deserves eternal life in paradise, then you can almost be certain you are in the presence of a stupid idiot.

But don't tell him...even here things must remain unsaid.

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Has mankind ever truly been any different? Mankind's worthlessness has simply been expressed on the local level, rather than the global level.

The only consequence besides man becoming more feminine, homosexual, weak, submissive, has been the elimination of the natural family values innate to mankind. The only way to propagate one's worth is through reproduction and the family unit.

The life-denying asceticism is no longer valid: it is time for an asceticism of this world. Strive to be unmoved, when all else strives to move you. Sacrifice only to strengthen. There is no freedom nor strength without pain and misery, it is the price one has to pay - an indemnity.

The masses have always made good slaves, their blood, sweat, and tears will build the pyramids of a new world.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Hawkes, David wrote:
The opposition between a spiritual soul and a material body is elaborated most thoroughly by Plato. Since the soul is defined against the body (the body is the soul’s “other”), Plato understands the soul’s alienation as consisting in its orientation toward the body.

Such an orientation is alien to the soul’s nature, since the body is what the soul is not. In the Phaedrus, Socrates compares the soul to
a chariot pulled by two horses: one winged, noble and obedient, the other earthbound, base and insolent. These represent a division
within the soul, the good horse standing for the logos, or rational element, and the bad horse standing for epithumiai, the desires and
passions.
Only the logos is immortal, the epithumiai perish along with the body they serve. Plato indicates that souls that follow their
logos will be rewarded after death, while those that are ruled by their epithumiai are to be punished.
Here, the soul’s alienation is internal: by allowing its appetitive element to dominate its rational side, the soul behaves unnaturally, and in that sense becomes alien to its own nature. - The Faust Myth

Spirit, or Soul = the past/nature manifesting in a presence (appearance, the apparent because ti is not fully perceived and cannot be fully perceived as it is dynamic and changing).
Spirit is timeless as it is no longer changing, but is in the past, immutable, determining, increasing as a result of the never-ending (inter)activity we call existence.

The individual is the pinnacle of an entire Becoming, most of which lies beyond his lifespan, in the past.  
He is the projection forward of this past, which is what he is, cannot escape but only accept/embrace, and then direct towards an object/objective, a goal, an idea(l).
In this directing towards is where 'Will to...Power, Life, God etc' the individual exhibits its inheritance and its own (re)action to it.

The "winged passion" = logos - masculine energy.
It is why God can only be a masculine entity, and logos pure.

The other passion is the earthly passion = feminine energy - that which keeps the masculine grounded.  
It is why the female is the filtering agency where the masculine is weeded out if it detaches from reality.
It is associated with pleasures, as the satiation of earthly, instinctual, primordial needs.
Where the masculine need is focused on what is absent, what is longed for and remain obscure, the feminine is pragmatic, its needs are animalistic, pragmatic, immediate.
Anything beyond this immediacy is ascribed to masculine flightiness.

The female can only be controlled by understanding this past/nature which she is the most authentic. representation of.
Idealism, even romanticism, is a masculine construct which she enjoys and manipulates.
The body is her idea(l), her furthest perceptual extension, and can appreciate nothing beyond its appearance.

Hawkes, David wrote:
The Republic differs from the Phaedrus by posting a tripartite, rather than a dualistic, division within the soul. Socrates still identifies the rational element as the highest, but he divides the lower element discussed in the Phaedrus into two.
He mentions the principle of emotion, and also a yet lower principle that “is denoted by the general term appetitive, from the extraordinary strength and vehemence of the desires of eating and drinking and the other sensual appetites which are the main elements of it; also money-loving, because such desires are generally satisfied by the help of money.” (580e)12
In fact, Socrates comes close to saying that this appetitive part of the soul is the desire for money:
“If we were to say that the loves and pleasures of this third part were concerned with gain, we should then be able to fall back on
a single notion; and might truly and intelligibly describe this part of the soul as loving gain or money” (581a).

The self-alienation of the soul, the activity whereby it violates its own nature, is effectively equated with the lust for money. Elsewhere, Socrates attacks the Sophists for commodifying their teaching, and claims that the fact that they sell their art for money produces in them the view that truth is not rational but rhetorical. - The Faust Myth

Only when the idea(l) is projected outside her domain of influence, the corporeal, materialistic, does a woman submit, unable to seduce or find flaws in what she cannot perceive.
She can now become a memetic filter, where all who do not fall under this abstracted masculinity's logos are to be excluded from the communal identifiers - in essence excluded genetically.

All corporeal males are discredited, reduced to what she comprehends: sex, children, relationships.
A man immune to her manipulations is either ill, old, or infantile.
The position of God already taken.

And what is God?
The anthropomorphic representation of this past/nature, manifesting in a presence, a present.
The immutable, determining sum of all nurturing, expressing itself through all beings as "spirit".

Only males could attain Nihilism on a level of self-abnegation, becoming misogynistic when it rejects the feminine in himself and outside of himself, which is and can only be an authentic representation of this past/nature - even if she is unaware of it...in fact not being aware of it makes her a more pure representation, as awareness produces questions, resistance, the clumsiness of self-consciousnesses intervening upon the graceful expression of spirit without reservations.
This lack of awareness of self-consciousness of conscience also makes the feminine easily integrated into any masculine system of logos/reason.
If this system is nihilistic, as it presently is, she feels it as a dissatisfaction, a sense of disillusionment, unhappiness, alienation she cannot fully comprehend.
She seeks satisfaction in others, in males, hoping she'll find this godly spirit in flesh and blood, already knowing that she'll face disappointment - so she settles.            

Aristotle wrote:
Where then there is such a difference as that between soul and body, or between men and animals (as in the case of those whose business is to use their body, and who can do nothing better), the lower sort are by nature slaves, and it is better for them as for all inferiors that they should be under the rule of a master. For he who can be, and therefore is, another’s and he who participates in rational principle enough to apprehend, but not to have, such a principle, is a slave by nature....

. . . where there is nothing common to ruler and ruled, there is not friendship either, since there is not justice; e.g. between craftsman and tool, soul and body, master and slave; the latter in each case is benefited by that which uses it, but there is no friendship nor justice towards lifeless things. But neither is there friendship towards a horse or an ox, nor to a slave qua slave.

For there is nothing common to the two parties; the slave is a living tool and the tool a lifeless slave. Qua slave then,
one cannot be friends with him.
But qua man one can; for there seems to be some justice between any man and any other who can share in a system of law or be a party to an agreement; therefore there can also be friendship with him in so far as he is a man. (1261a1.31–39) - Nicomachean Ethics
(1254b1.15–22)

Hawkes, David wrote:
Given the domineering influence of money over our own society, is not surprising that postmodern philosophers, following Derrida, express considerable sympathy for the Sophists. Socrates’s advocacy of reason over rhetoric is frequently presented as an authoritarian ruse designed to impede the free market of ideas and establish a monopoly on truth.

Many postmodernists observe that his privileging of reason over passion and appetite logically leads to other hierarchies, especially that of the soul over the body. And it is certainly true that the Phaedo presents the proper relation between the pair as one of domination: “When the soul and the body are united, then nature orders the soul to rule and govern, and the body to obey and serve” (80a).
The distinction between essence and appearance is here refracted into an opposition between soul and body. Because the soul is essence, say Socrates, it “resembles the divine,” and the divine is “that which naturally orders and rules,” while the mortal is “that which is subject and servant.”- The Faust Myth

God's grace, his spirit, is secularized in money, and worshiped by the emasculated, the feminine, the slave, wanting to feel Divinity.
Women evaluate monetarily, pragmatically within the systemic rules: winners/losers....natural selection becoming social selection, and she always the filtering agency - her power in and through sex.
Who but the ill and the and would ignore her central role within her God's authority?

The feminine is mysterious because nature/past is unknowable in its entirety.
She aligns herself with the Flow, and laughs at all males offering idea(l)s that detach from it.
She can perceive a ruse because she automatically knows, intuitively, that there is no absolute and that words are to be evaluated by how they refer to phenomena.

'I am noble'...'I am strong'...'I am smart'...'I am god'...'I am genius'...'I am valuable', cannot influence her, because as an unconscious, mostly, agency of nature/past, she only appreciates (inter)activity, unless she's been warped and repressed from birth; her sexuality shamed and controlled.
She does not understand things, she feels them.
She pretends to buy into the other's words but then judges, secretly, adjusting her choices.  

The idea(l) that a man can simply declare himself 'noble', or 'smart', or 'strong' as an expression of his sovereignty is laughable.
The words have meaning as (inter)activities, and these are determined by environment.
A manmade environment is not the same as a natural environment, or an environment where man has not intervened and impose his preferences upon.  
words change meaning, depending on the context the environment imposes upon the participants.
Those that buy into the manmade environment have a difference reference point than one who thinks outside these manmade premises - including them in what he calls "world", or "nature".  

Terms like "fitness", "love", "superior/inferior", "reality" all shift in meaning.
If the reference points are contained within social, cultural limits (memes) then this alters the intent of the usage of the word symbolizing a concept in the brain which may or may not be connecting to reality, or referencing phenomena beyond the manmade conditions.  
This is THE MATRIX.
Logos, creating memetic walls which contain the brains of those participating within it so that they cannot see anything beyond their logarithmic effects - their artificial premises.

The thoroughly emasculated Modern man having been raised within artificial realities where "rights" are conferred upon birth, begins to mimic the method of the now debunked God.
He claims, using words, his logos, what he wishes to BE.

He declares himself as what he wishes to become, safe within an environment where he is assured respect, if he does not cotnradict its sheltering grace.
Liberated from the indifferent, vicious, injustices, of nature/past, he feels safe enough to express a stunted masculinity in the form of self-gratifying statements.
What man would not find potential in this easy method?

I AM valuable!
I AM noble!

Nobody can refute it, for this would be wrong and would break the implied social contract of self-supportive delusions.
Nobody, that is, but someone mad, ill, a monster.
A monster that must be silenced...killed, intimidated, rejected, ignored.

To God's word, which the average man finds the "right" to speak in alignment with, the Devil stands outside...as the outsider, the evil.
The Modern male never declares what contradicts the nihilistic premises he is participating within, and is subject to.
His declarations are always in harmony with its underlying spirit.
Within these premises, these protective walls of words, he can claim to be anything, hoping to convince enough to support him in this claim.
There is no other independent, indifferent to human folly, standard of evaluating words...no other reference point.
The word is its own validation. Repeated it gains strength.
nothnig there to correct it, if it is based no nothnig more than human hubris and compensating insecurity.
That man can repeat the claim with impunity, supports his delusion that he may be right, though he doubted himself at first.

He will support the other's claim if the other supports his own, both participating within the same common premises, which they never doubt or contradict....because it provides them with this privilege.
The past/nature, and all its manifestations that contradict this shared premise, this artificiality, are kept outside...selectively filtered in, rejected, denounced, slandered, mocked - the usual herd methods of defensiveness.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:55 pm

The slow disconnection of the noumenon from phenomenon, symbolized by the usage of words...

When the concept "man" has been detached from its procreative original purpose, its genetic, natural, past, it can be redefined within memetic standards.

This is what creates the sense of alienation, or this discrepancy between the idea(l), now increasingly nihilistic, and the real, which is fluctuating and remains indifferent to human contrivances.
This artificial reality now becomes "THE REAL"...or the simulated hyper-real, to use Baudrillard's terms.
All who are enslaved within this linguistic matrix follow the rules, and the changing fashions of what words refer to.

The "liberating", "salvation offering" power of logos is obvious.
Detached from natural/past reference points, and protected from the world's indifferent injustices, the man can construct alternate realities using words.
Democracy being the method of allowing all to live in their own private world if it does not disrupt the authority, the prevailing, control over them.
God, as logos, liberated the emasculated, the slaves, from worldly tyranny.
Now discredited as too masculine, god is secularized, abstracted to the point where the concept loses connection to reality, further.
God becomes Money...Nation...idea(l)...Humanity - He is institutionalized.

The institution becomes GOD...not nature/past, as in pagan worldviews but the artificiality of human conceptions and systemic order.
The institution protects, saves, provides, guides, is unquestioned, indubitable, inescapable...all-encompassing.
It redefines hierarchies and redirects (inter)activities, changing the symbolism.
It is absolute.
It negates, nullifies, reality, nature, so as to recombine its parts into a new environment...which becomes real, or a new world.
The concept of Nihilism adjusts to this reversal.

If you resist you are a nihilist, by negating the negating.

What is manmade is real, such as morality, universal rules/laws, meaning, purpose.
If you deny this you are a nihilist.
The absence of absolutes, the quintessential aspect of (inter)acting, of existing, si now a negative, within manmade premises.
Human artificiality is the new more real REALITY.
It's imposition of a singular moral standard, a thing awaiting discovery, although a restriction upon man's will, is now the epitome of freedom, because under its umbrella all have the right to pursue it; all deserve to find it, out there, under there, beyond there.

Sponsored content

Nobility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobility Nobility Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobility
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: