Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Tattoos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Illiterate

Tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Tattoos Tattoos EmptyTue May 02, 2023 12:11 pm

What can tattoos (and other types of body decoration) tell us about individuals, males and females?

Many women (especially the trashy ones) are always saying how they are seeking muscular and tattooed males.

Too bulky and muscular look can be considered a handicap - so the handicap principle applies.
Could tattoos be explained with the handicap principle aswell?

Also, having tattoos can signal a great degree of pain tolerance, which could be considered attractive, but this is more like conscious evaluation rather than a sub-conscious one, right?

On the other hand tattoos are, basically, permanent. So could tattoos signal, in some sense, stability and devotion, which could be considered positive in the mating market? But then again, everyday observations indicate that the male with lots of tattoos is more likely to be unstable and more like a criminal-type of a person than a stable and grounded one.

What about females?
Many times tattoos are considered to be masculine thing... and indeed most lesbians that I know, have tattoos... though not necessarily more than a few minor pieces of art in their bodies.
The interesting thing is, these tattooed lesbian women I know, tend to be very monogamous and faithful to their partners... and the relationships have lasted in best cases 10+ years. So in these women in particular, could having tattoos symbolize the ability to commit and devotion... wherever it's manifesting through body art or ability to be faithful to one sexual partner?
But then again; the very slutty type of a heterosexual woman often has lots of tattoos too. Though there are pretty much in the same degree sleazy sluts without any tattoos, so nowadays it's by no means so that "decent and sweet girls don't have tattoos".

Anyway... deeper analyzes?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos Tattoos EmptyTue May 02, 2023 12:27 pm

I have 3 tattoos.
Got them when I was young and in the army.

Tattoos refer to the warrior, south-east Asian traditions of those island peoples.

Used to display pain tolerance and identification with a tribe.

In females it is unattractive and an indication of loos sexual practices, or masculine sexuality - promiscuity, willingness to try different things and to stand out, and to sexually explore; endure any price, any cost.
Emerging in the modern west when technologies protected females from males and form their own sexual limits - like contraceptives and abortion availability - so that females could becomes more risk taking and explorative...knowing they are protected from severe consequences.
So, it marks a sense of entitlement, someone who has become accustomed to modern systemic sheltering..allowing them to pretend to be what they are not.
The conclusion of this is Transgenderism.

Role-playing....with no risks, no severe costs.
an individual wants to pretend he or she is someone other than what his body indicated - the body is a limitation.
Female tattoos are also scaring reducing her attractiveness - skin smoothness signaling health.
Willful scarring showing a rejection of her sexual role.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Jarno

Jarno

Tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos Tattoos EmptyTue May 02, 2023 1:49 pm

I have 1 on my ribcage that I took like 2015, not because I thought it was cool,
but I only took it as a dedication to woman I was dating that time, didn't work out so I will have it removed in near future

I just went to the guy with her picture and didn't have any idea faces are the most complicated tattoos there are, It took 8-9 hours to make without pause, the guy making it was impressed since I didn't complain the whole time

First it felt like someone using sewing machine on my ribcage, then it got more and more irritated so in the end it felt like someone was carving knife to a wound

It's kind of futile trying to re-invent the meaning of having a tattoo since I have to always explain that, " by the way I didn't think it was cool when I decided to take it, but it had different purpose behind it" (same with growing a beard, it can be way too extreme), but even when taking it I purposefully took it to a spot that's not visible most of the time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos Tattoos Empty

Back to top Go down

Tattoos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: