Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

How Are Human Beings Moral Or Ethical?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

How Are Human Beings Moral Or Ethical? Empty
PostSubject: How Are Human Beings Moral Or Ethical? How Are Human Beings Moral Or Ethical? EmptySat 20 Aug 2011 - 22:50

Throughout all of moral and ethical philosophical discourse there is the notion that somehow human beings are moral and ethical creatures seperated from the rest of earthly existence.

Here in this thread I am bringing doubt and skepticism to that position with a very simple question.

In what way exactly are human beings moral or ethical?

For the position that human beings are moral or ethical creatures that they claim to be I want some evidential outlines.

Enough of the pretensious labels being thrown around!

People say that morality and ethics is prevalent in human cultures yet these same cultures tolerate various social inequalities or social oppressions that makes the whole stance seem entirely contradictive. Why the contradictions?

How can morals or ethics exist and yet also be entirely contradictive in many instances existing?

Either human beings are moral and ethical or they're simply not. If they're not we must then ask why does there exist such fanciful pretensions in trying to pretend to be.

Is it a psychological defence mechanism of some sort deeply rooted in collective social denial?

I want somebody to explain this to me because im a cunt.

I'm betting the typical reply here will be that human morality or ethics isn't perfect.

If it's imperfect then I see no reason why either belief structures in morality or ethics deserves obedience and strict adherence to.

Infact for it's imperfection in allowing various forms of oppression, tyranny, and social inequalities to exist I think that only rebellion must prevail as inevitable opposition. In otherwords I think morality and ethics as beliefs must be abandoned altogether.
Back to top Go down

How Are Human Beings Moral Or Ethical?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1