Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Narcissism & Schizophrenia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 7:23 am

How is narcissism and schizophrenia tied into nihilism?

Nihilism is a reaction to emerging self-awarness, exposing the mind - psyche - to an additional source of suffering, i.e., anxiety, in relation to others. This necessitates a defensiveness, an ideological way of protecting the ego form this exposure, particularly when tis own awareness is also that of another. The individual feels insecure about how he compares to another but also because the others also perceives this.
A defensive attitude emerges developing into spiritual and secular, i.e., political ideologies that negate - nullify - other, or self, or both, so as to escape these unsettling comparisons and exposure.

This creates a noetic schisms between mind/body - using semiotics, i.e., language, to separate and inverse the mind/body relationship of or the sequence of actions/thoughts into throughs, i.e., idea/ideal, actions, i.e., real.
Keeping in mind that actions refer to existence as a state of dynamic interactivity, and thoughts to representations of this dynamic interactivity.

Narcissism emerges as a defensive inflation of ego - the lucid part of consciousness, viz., the "self" in self-awarness; that which is becoming conscious of its own consciousness - concealing self-doubt, or self-hatred in hyperbolic displays of self-esteem, self-love. The more extreme these self-agrandizing, self-promoting, displays the deeper the underlying insecurity concerning how the individual actually compares with others, i.e., how it relates to a perceived other.
Other is deflated or even negated, in the process, and only those that validate or contribute to this inflated sense of self are permitted participation in its internal dialogue.
Just as nihilism compensates for the absence of external references that validate its concepts, by using others who are in agreement, or that carry the same conceptions, so too does the narcissist only engage with those that validate its own inflated ego, lacking all others sources of self-validation.
in nihilistic dogmas/ideologies the collective becomes a self-refeential alternate reality, echoing the same ideals, by excluding a world where they are not validated and do not exist, because nihilistic ideas/ideals can only exist in minds, therefore the like-minded substitute for these absent validating references, e.g., text, gurus become icons/idols of this collective solipsism, each participant becoming for another the external reference the real world is denying, i.e., negating. Reality, the experienced world, becomes a source of negativity, and ideology/dogma becomes a source of positive reinforcement, particularly when it is shared by as many minds as possible.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 11:26 am

Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder – i.e., dissociative personality disorder – when describing a nation-state, or a super-state is named multiculturalism.
Symptoms – dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the following:
Presence of two or more completely different personalities, memory variations, depression, drug abuse, eating disorders, hallucinations, anxiety, sleep disorders, panic attacks, suicidal tendencies, mood swings.
Diagnosing the American enterprise as a SuperOrganic unity – i.e., Super-State – we can contextualize all the symptoms to what is presently occurring in the U.S. [Circa2020-2021]. With no clear sense of identity the super-state dissociates from its own substantial presence by identifying with fleeting sensations, pleasures, distractions, materialistic pursuits, self-abnegating self-destructiveness, self-narcosis, overconsumption, a steady level of anxiety promoting overconsumption, drastic variations in behaviour, economic and spiritual depression, inability to slumber, to rest, i.e., restlessness, surrender to word-based fantasies, etc.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 10:27 am

As I said, many years ago, society, especially one founded on nihilistic principles, cultivates narcissism and schizophrenia.
I've gone into the details through my positions on mind/body dissonance and how nihilism produces linguistic paradoxes necessitating compartmentalization and self-deceit.
I've gone further by making the audacious claim that nihilism cannot survive in the world - when and if applied as a world-view as a mode of living, existing - unless it contradicts its own states values and principles, and then justifies this via self-deception.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am

This relates to the modern/postmodern delusion of "being yourself"....when anyone of any intellectual merit knows the only time you can ever be yourself is when you are by yourself, and even in this instance most cannot be themselves because all they are is the social performance, viz., an adopted character they've learned to conceal their true personae beneath and selectively within.

So, this is what my position is:
Personality = determined by organ hierarchies, establishing a genetic range.
Character = determined by social hierarchies, establishing a memetic range.

When we are with another, to the degree that we have become, over time, intimate with them, we are always performing a character we've established and the other has become habituated with.
The character is a synthesis of the personality to varying degrees, adjusted over time - fine tuned - so as to achieve a goal, even if the goal/motive is nothing more than preserving your level of intimacy with him/her, i.e., preserving trust, love (agape, eros), reciprocity etc.
Here my positions on respect come into play - anxiety/fear of losing something we need/desire and we've evaluated to the degree that it imposes upon us the self-control - self-repression - of respect, viz., we respect to the degree that we need/desire and fear losing what we need/desire.

The more cultivated the personality - sophisticated the mind - the more it must self-control, , self-repress, to accommodate another.
Simple minds, for example, have very little to repress because all they are is the performance, the learned character, echoing prevailing moral and social norms.
More complex minds are fatigued by the performance and seek solitude to regain the energy required to maintain the performance.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 1:02 pm

Satyr wrote:
This relates to the modern/postmodern delusion of "being yourself"....when anyone of any intellectual merit knows the only time you can ever be yourself is when you are by yourself, and even in this instance most cannot be themselves because all they are is the social performance, viz., an adopted character they've learned to conceal their true personae beneath and selectively within.

The more cultivated the personality - sophisticated the mind - the more it must self-control, , self-repress, to accommodate another.
Simple minds, for example, have very little to repress because all they are is the performance, the learned character, echoing prevailing moral and social norms.
More complex minds are fatigued by the performance and seek solitude to regain the energy required to maintain the performance.

Even alone, they still exude the same pretenses they put on in society. The film "American Beauty" gave good insight into that. Culture and civilization has gone unchecked for so long, it has invaded all forms of human life, that most cannot escape from it and it becomes all they are and all they know; they themselves become an artificial cultural commodity. We see this also in the current political climate.Total seperation from nature, from the real world, means an attachment to a simulated version of it; which is the feeble need to return to it. This is what romanticism is all about. And the dark side of Romanticism is spiritual impoverishment which cultivates barbaric impulses and psychosis, exactly that which dominates such cultures like the US. The body desperately trying to regain an equalibrium through extreme acts of self-destructive will.

Solitude, in some form of it, would be the only way anyone could access a measure of truth about themselves and identity. Detaching oneself from attachments. But this is unnatural and demands a special form of awareness, intelligence and endurance to manage the suffering that comes with it. The more aware one is of social pretenses, the more the indignity of them stands out and the more they seek to avoid them and refrain from subjecting themselves to them.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 10:30 am

Transsexuality is the manifestation of my thesis, written a long time before it was posted on KTS, in 2011.
Long before anyone could imagine the insanity that would begin to unfold almost ten years later.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 10:35 am

Mind/Body dissonance I identified as a symptom of nihilism, and a declining empire, viz., declining socioeconomic order, paternalism, masculinity.
As authority loses respect - intimidation - repressed psychologies - byproduct of unregulated reproduction producing unfit compounding mutations - become liberated and allowed to express themselves with impunity.
This is the end phase of empire.
Ironically, its success fermented the psychosomatic diseases that eventually bring it down - vermin and parasites emerge unafraid and unhindered, to feed on the dying corpse of a once dominant empire.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 9:22 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 10:50 am

The circumcised psychologist reminds us of the association of sin with guilt, as an awakening of one’s own culpability in existential suffering. Heaven lost is the loss of innocence, associated with ignorance. To know is to become aware of your own participation in the suffering of another, and in one’s own suffering. It is a ‘burden’ one had to unload upon the metaphorical concept of Satan, i.e., a horned scapegoat – associated with the circumcised psychologist’s superego, where god/devil reside in every man.
The path towards neurosis is revealed when an individual, adopting Abrahamic ethics, realizes his very existence necessitates contradicting his own egocentric values – for how could one continue to believe in his own innocence when his own participation in the suffering of others has been revealed, i.e., loss of his ignorance negates his innocence. The heathen call to know thyself, the impulse to move towards objectivity, away from the manimal state of subjectivity, i.e., ignorant bliss, becomes a tempting call by the devil to take another bite from the ‘tree of knowledge’ and descend further down into the pits of hell.
Denial of ‘free-will’ is a denial of the very possibility of being an agency that can choose either way; an attempt to regain entrance back into the Garden of Eden, i.e., forgetfulness; to cross the river of Lethe, while still alive, and become one of the living dead; a desire to return back into the Platonic cave of subjective ideals.
The nihilistic, binary concept of absolute good, necessitating absolute evil, is the mental source of this conundrum. When you’ve ethically defined morality outside existence, your desire to live-up to this supernatural, unrealistic, standard, necessitates further self-deceptions.
A foundational error in judgement, requires further adjustments to preserve the original error; schizophrenia is essential to ensure the survival of a debilitating ensuing mind/body dissonance, leading to detachments that attempt to protect an individual from the consequences. Transgenderism is the final result of this ‘logic’ remaining true to its own irrational original premise: neurosis follows, to square a circle with chemicals and continuous sharing, unloading of the burden upon a collective.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Narcissism & Schizophrenia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: