Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

If a cow why not a baby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

If a cow why not a baby Empty
PostSubject: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 pm

They have about the same intelligence so why is it ok to eat one and not the other?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 pm

'cause people are a bunch of faggot pussies

and that appetizing meals are not solely dependant upon the intelligence of what's being eaten.

salad has no iq, but i kinda like it (even though i'm not gay).
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 pm

I remember the first time I had to kill a living creature, other than a plant or those bugs i used to play with.
We had chickens and rabbits and a goat, at the time.

My father sent me to kill a rabbit for our dinner than evening.
i was scared and a bit apprehensive, but my pride would not let me crumble.

I went out with a big ax, dragged a rabbit out of the cage and holding it from the ears I tapped it behind them.
I didn't know if it was dead. It just hanged there like a criminal on the gallows, and I had closed my eyes when I tapped it, so I could not tell if the deed was done.

I decided to rest its feet on the ground and take some pressure off its ears. When I did it scrambled one of its "unlucky" legs scratching my hand.
My pride was reinforced with anger...I raised it again and swung my weapon of slaughter.

It was dead.

Later I enjoyed its flesh.
I realized that it is good to respect nature, to give thanks to the animal that gave its life to sustain us, but it is also good to remain true to nature and her ways.

One must die for another to live and if my life means more to me than a bug's or a horse's or a goat's then I shall take a life, knowing that one day my own will be given for the sustenance of another.

This vegetarian shit hides a deep resentment and cowardice.
It is anti-nature though it professes to love nature.
It does not love life nor nature, it abhors it because it seeks to cleanse it and change it so that it becomes artificial and loyal to a human conception of what is "right".

Imagine a world that awaited the morality of men to tell it that all that it was doing, including all that birthed such a man, was all wrong.

Imagine being that ungrateful and delusional and self-hating.
Imagine being that stupid.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 am

Because cows chew on cud, and babies chew on their toes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:10 am

Satyr wrote:
I remember the first time I had to kill a living creature, other than a plant or those bugs i used to play with.
We had chickens and rabbits and a goat, at the time.

My father sent me to kill a rabbit for our dinner than evening.
i was scared and a bit apprehensive, but my pride would not let me crumble.

I went out with a big ax, dragged a rabbit out of the cage and holding it from the ears I tapped it behind them.
I didn't know if it was dead. It just hanged there like a criminal on the gallows, and I had closed my eyes when I tapped it, so I could not tell if the deed was done.

I decided to rest its feet on the ground and take some pressure off its ears. When I did it scrambled one of its "unlucky" legs scratching my hand.
My pride was reinforced with anger...I raised it again and swung my weapon of slaughter.

It was dead.

Later I enjoyed its flesh.
I realized that it is good to respect nature, to give thanks to the animal that gave its life to sustain us, but it is also good to remain true to nature and her ways.

One must die for another to live and if my life means more to me than a bug's or a horse's or a goat's then I shall take a life, knowing that one day my own will be given for the sustenance of another.

It does not love life nor nature, it abhors it because it seeks to cleanse it and change it so that it becomes artificial and loyal to a human conception of what is "right".

Imagine a world that awaited the morality of men to tell it that all that it was doing, including all that birthed such a man, was all wrong.

Imagine being that ungrateful and delusional and self-hating.
Imagine being that stupid.
What made you think this was about vegetarianism?
Though i should say that meat requires more resources per unit of healthy substance then growing it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:12 am

Rather satyr i am literally interested in how we justify the eating of one and not also the other...
is it purely that it is a matter of survival... a natural disgust perhaps at self culling?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am

Satyr wrote:

Sort of....it's a strange thing and all about what we're prone to and capable of...

If becoming a vegetarian is a human possibility, humans will exercise it. It becomes a way to show we are not so 'bad' towards other life and that getting along on a higher level is better than stepping up the food chain physically.

It's looked at as spiritually extensive, and a denouncement of the flesh (on flesh). Vegetarians share a mentality that external pain exerted onto other life is not worth pleasure internally or in this case, that an animal's life is just as worthy a human's.

In other words, to them, there is no tradeoff...all is equal...

However, this does get very contradictory...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 am

Abstract wrote:
Rather satyr i am literally interested in how we justify the eating of one and not also the other...
is it purely that it is a matter of survival... a natural disgust perhaps at self culling?

Because we eat meat to survive, and it's simply not proper to take a human life just for food. Yes, a human life is considered more valuable than an animal's, and most humans deserve this title (although admittedly there are many who don't)....

That's the way things go, and to ask the question honestly and not out of pure facetiousness does bring up some concern...

Not of your values, but of your general ability to study and really understand human/pack behavior, and why living in a large industrialized society where meat comes easy means being given more rights of protection for being human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:33 am

"Spiritually extensive"?

It sounds spiritually retarded to me. I agree with Satyr.

If an organism can't handle causing pain in another, and especially if it sets up this anti-pain stance as some kind of ideal, that organism has become neurotic, turned away from nature and suckered into human ideas of "good behavior".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 am

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
"Spiritually extensive"?

Now, now don't be so hasty---whether you disagree or not.

Quote :
If an organism can't handle causing pain in another, and especially if it sets up this anti-pain stance as some kind of ideal, that organism has become neurotic, turned away from nature and suckered into human ideas of "good behavior".

A human falling for human ideas, the nerve!

It's just unnatural.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:42 am

Abstract wrote:
They have about the same intelligence so why is it ok to eat one and not the other?
Are we heading towards the conclusion that it's OK to eat retarded people?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 am

Poison IV wrote:
Now, now don't be so hasty---whether you disagree or not.

Don't worry; I'm very slow.

Poison IV wrote:
A human falling for human ideas, the nerve!

It's just unnatural.

My statement really shouldn't be that obscure, given that Satyr has gone over Baudrillard stuff on this forum as well as their similarity with his own general ideas. (Of course, I haven't actually read Baudrillard; but it's been on this forum enough, and Satyr has expanded upon it in his own posts enough, that I think it's fair to assume that I can use it as a kind of implicit background.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:51 am

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:

Don't worry; I'm very slow.

No worries here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:54 am

Abstract wrote:
Is it worse to eat a very smart shithead than an average intelligence level nice person?

Do people base abortion rights on intelligence evaluations?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:01 am

I would say yes, most definitely; higher intelligence is more valuable to society than not.

Even if you couldn't get people to admit that, no one could practically disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:04 am

A person who will not admit the possibility of eating a baby has propably never come any close of knowing what starvation feels like.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:52 pm

''I was raised very strictly,'' Krishna Rajanna told the Kansas City Pitch Weekly. ''My mother would commit suicide before she'd even think of touching a meat product.''

Read more: Accused fetus-eater
says he's vegetarian [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 pm

I would not be surprised if it might be a common ritual practice that's more 'underground' ;p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Poison IV wrote:
Satyr wrote:

Sort of....it's a strange thing and all about what we're prone to and capable of...

If becoming a vegetarian is a human possibility, humans will exercise it. It becomes a way to show we are not so 'bad' towards other life and that getting along on a higher level is better than stepping up the food chain physically.

It's looked at as spiritually extensive, and a denouncement of the flesh (on flesh). Vegetarians share a mentality that external pain exerted onto other life is not worth pleasure internally or in this case, that an animal's life is just as worthy a human's.

In other words, to them, there is no tradeoff...all is equal...

However, this does get very contradictory...
That is a bit of an over generalization... many people are vegetarians for health reasons...

Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:27 pm

In-group, out-group.

One sees oneself in an infant child, there is empathy. An animal is a thing, an object, a lesser being.

A vegetarian empathizes with the animal, imagines it's suffering when it is slaughtered. This is why it ties in with the ideology of all-inclusiveness, pity for all that suffers.

A non-vegetarian is more discriminating and does not consider the energies of the being he is appropriating and incorporating into himself as sympathetic.

At the heart of this, once again, is pity for a lesser being and the magnanimous urge to "correct" reality.... to prevent exploitation as it occurs in a relationship between organisms of differing potential.

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Well, in their minds animals are not 'lesser' :p
Hence, why it becomes that much more important to protect their rights.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Everyone's equal.... remember? There is no high or low. We're all knee-deep in the swamp, about to be drowned by shallow waters.

You should go marry a horse. I hear they have big dicks.... If you don't you're close-minded and anachronistic.
Back to top Go down
https://knowthyself.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Poison IV wrote:
Abstract wrote:

Because we eat meat to survive, and it's simply not proper to take a human life just for food. Yes, a human life is considered more valuable than an animal's, and most humans deserve this title (although admittedly there are many who don't)....

That's the way things go, and to ask the question honestly and not out of pure facetiousness does bring up some concern...

Not of your values, but of your general ability to study and really understand human/pack behavior, and why living in a large industrialized society where meat comes easy means being given more rights of protection for being human.
Honestly I understand well enough many reasons for it... I am interested particularly if their are legitimate moral reasons, beyond one's that are purely survivalistic...

Meat is not necessary to survive...in some situations yes, but now it is not...
so then how is it justified, your say it is not proper to take a human life but why?
What is it that makes humans "more" than other life... is it simply that we can, that we have power... is it that we have intelligence, or what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
"Spiritually extensive"?

You cannot turn away from nature as all things that exist are nature, including any human ideals that arise.

I would think that in nature often when you oppose another being it leads that being to have interest in opposing you, so why oppose something when such is not needed...rather that seems like a survival mechanism...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Kovacs wrote:
Abstract wrote:
Are we heading towards the conclusion that it's OK to eat retarded people?
I think most retarded people have the same intelligence as most animals we eat... again I am more interested in understanding the moral justifications for it that people think there are, and in what ways it does not for example contradict at least some of the ideals held by say the christian orientation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Kovacs wrote:
Abstract wrote:
Is it worse to eat a very smart shithead than an average intelligence level nice person?

Do people base abortion rights on intelligence evaluations?

Actually I think they do base abortion rights with regards to intelligence... that is they have tried to identify when a thing become intelligent so as to identify when it is ok to abort a impregnated egg... some argue that it is a matter of potential of intelligence though... but then that still involves intelligence...

Perhaps the question is: Is it pure self interest; insurance that oneself does not have to deal with being eaten, that is why people don't do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Poison IV wrote:
I would say yes, most definitely; higher intelligence is more valuable to society than not.

Even if you couldn't get people to admit that, no one could practically disagree.
Exactly... so my thinking is that we do not eat each other primarily because it does not serve the survival of the whole... either that or individually it is recognized that it would increase the likely hood of individual death and thus not be individually beneficial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

We don't eat each other because we can't find pieces of each other sanitarily packed onto little styrofoam trays at the grocery shop.

Ah, that would be quite a treat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Abstract wrote:

Actually I think they do base abortion rights with regards to intelligence... that is they have tried to identify when a thing become intelligent so as to identify when it is ok to abort a impregnated egg... some argue that it is a matter of potential of intelligence though... but then that still involves intelligence...
This is not an argument I have encountered. I am sure some people may think like this, but the arguments I have seen generally have to do with it being a part of the woman's body, not a separate entity. Likewise I do not see abortion rights people arguing that we should be allowed to eat severely retarded or brain damaged people, some of whom are at fetus IQ levels.

And arguments against eating humans or killing them, tend to have to do with the species, not the intelligence - and this is true for both anti and pro abortion people. We are speciesist, most of us.

Quote :
Perhaps the question is: Is it pure self interest; insurance that oneself does not have to deal with being eaten, that is why people don't do that?
There are specific diseases one can only get through eating other humans. And since civilization got going we are much more toxic meat sources than other species. We are high up predators who are exposed to all sorts of toxins - and for the last 100 years eat them regularly. Though of course the taboo arose much earlier.

I think we simply do not want to think of ourselves as meat. This undercuts - ha, ha - much of our hubris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm

We should definitely eat retarded babies. It would fix overpopulation, famine AND promote a more intelligent population.
Vote for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If a cow why not a baby If a cow why not a baby Empty

Back to top Go down

If a cow why not a baby
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: