Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:34 pm

What a wonderful display of your subjectivity and your simplicity.

It explains who you are and why you are so.

Thank you.

All we need is love, dear.
Never ever change.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:26 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Isn't this forum dedicated to knowing oneself?
Yes.

phoneutria wrote:
Isn't it by knowing yourself that you will come to know the universe and the gods?
Yes.

phoneutria wrote:
Doesn't it then proceed that the purpose of knowing yourself is to put your daemon under the control of reason, in order to take a clear look at everything around you?
To know does not necessarily mean to understand and it certainly does not mean to accept or to control.
Most of this self-knowledge will not be flattering nor easy to bear. Life is not easy, woman. Self-knowledge is not a pleasant seance where you get to commune with your favorite ancestors, like you naive liberals think.
To know yourself or the world is to know its dirty, cruel, vicious, negative side, because the rest is easy, woman.
And on, I do not mean to admit that you are "too nice" or "too smart" or some shit which pretends to be self-critical when it is self-flattering.

In your case, and from what little I know, what you must deal with is the black blood in your family. It is something that keeps you from seeing the world as it is rather than as you wish it were.

phoneutria wrote:
I am full of prejudice, and I cherish it. It keeps me alive.
And yet you come here bitching about it when it comes from others.
Woman, to discriminate is to distinguish. There is no identity without it. There is no consciousness.

phoneutria wrote:
However I am aware that by definition, a prejudice is a judgement made without all the variables present. A pre-judgement, a gut feeling.
And it is this prejudice, this liberal brainwashing, that makes you assume that whenever you hear certain words that you should react a certain way or that you are in the presence of a certain "type" of person...though you might deny types in all other contexts.

And yes, there are racists and sexists, as there are liberals and Christians, so dumb and simple that they simply adopt a position without rally knowing why.
So here we are...am I a redneck or a skinhead or some wife-beating w piece of white trash...or is there substance to my positions?
Your "gut" tells you no...because you are surrounded by an opposing view: your friends and family think otherwise; you've been bombarded from your childhood with the opposite messages.
Even the defensive reactions have been ingrained into your psyche through repetition and peer pressure.
Now when you hear certain positions your first thought is "hate" your second is "violence" your third is "primitive".
It's a gut reaction, with no reasoning, no argument no motive...simple emotion.

This is called indoctrination.....or brainwashing....or institutionalization.
To deprogram yourself you must start from scratch and then hope the you have the brain-power, the stamina and the courage to proceed.

If not...bye, bye.

phoneutria wrote:
In real life situations, it makes sense to me to follow my gut in order to avoid unnecessary risk. But here, in the realm of thoughts, they do nothing but cloud my vision.
So I leave them in the lobby with my coat and dirty boots. I pick them up on the way out.
The first thing you must do is discern your self-interests form your rational thinking.
To think clearly you must erase all personal considerations, preferences, hopes, fears.
Tell me...if you are walking in a dark secluded alleyway and two black men are coming your way as opposed to two white guys coming your way, how does your "gut" react.
Tell me, when you say, if this is what you say, that appearance does not matter, how then do you justify the visceral reaction to a particular look in a male?

Your mind has been told one thing but your gut, your instincts sometimes contradict this, no?
Time to bring both mind and body into harmony.

phoneutria wrote:
Thus I find it at least a little but amusing when you tell me that I can't think outside of the box, when I am in fact exploring thoughts that my passions would not allow me to.
I see the need in you to dig deeper. This is why you come to forums where "philosophy" is supposedly the issue...you know the love of wisdom; this is why you came here, despite your reservations.
So, I ask, outside the games and humor in spuriousmonkey's space what forum actually was interested in wisdom?
Is wisdom, for you, what feels good? Was knowledge and understanding supposed to be easy and comforting and common?

Take ILP as an example....what thinking outside the box is occurring there?
Are they not simply transplanting their common, simply, lives over to an internet palace where the only difference is that the participants might be of a slightly higher caliber?
Are the challenging the status quo, when they call themselves "progressive" or "open-minded" or do they only repeat the same jargon using slightly superior references and words?

I ask you...if you were truly interested in understanding would you go to a place where any average moron could walk in and participate, eventually drowning out anyone with a better perspective, even it might be contrary to the popular, or would you choose a place where where a more select, chosen clientele is accepted?
I am not saying this place is such a place, I am asking you a question.
Would you go to a place where they repeat the same shit you hear on the streets, only using slightly better verbiage, never diverting from the shared common theme, or would you prefer to go someplace where ideas that confront the popular themes and are called "controversial" are tolerated and listened to with seriousness?

phoneutria wrote:
A little more amusing even, is that you are constantly attempting to demean me for supposedly giving in to bodily delights or whatever it is the nonsense you conjured up in your head. When instead, I manage to control my temper and my prejudice, and remain unbiased and courteous, while you more enlighted kinds and swimming in a muddy puddle of passion, arrogance, and aggression.
My tactics are meant to drive away the weak and those who cannot see that something more than insult is being offered.
My posts contain insults but they also contain substance...or as much as I can spare or dedicate to each particular responder.
It is both a test of your Will and of your perception.

phoneutria wrote:
Funnily enough, there is plenty of that savageness out there, among the retards as you call it.
Yes indeed...only there is it hidden and masked behind civility and etiquette and forum rules.
The weaklings love places where stupidity is protected because their their brutality and nihilism and bullying can pretend to be love and compassion and understanding and tolerance.
My dear, there is no more brutish and bullying place than ILP.
It imposes a rule where the stupid must be defended then it allows any personal assault upon you if you stray from the common and average. It is subtle and so it can be denied, but I have experienced it.

I'll give you an example...a year or so back I returned to ILP after one of my many banishment....only to be confronted with responses to my thread on "The Feminization of Man" which were allowed there for months before my arrival....mostly taunts, off-topic, derogatory remarks on a personal level.
Did any moderator do anything about it?
Nope.
Then I arrive and I reciprocate in my usual style...and within a week I am banned,a gain, for six months. The douchebag Faust mocked me as he did it. He's the same turd who once justified his actions by telling me that ILP was a place where people go to have fun and socialize.
But if this is so, then why the "philosophy" pretense? You don't "love wisdom" you lone socializing and having fun. These two interests do not coincide.

Go back now and see how they've erased that thread, which had accumulated over 160,000 hits, and have changed my moniker to a demeaning one.
I personally do not give a shit because my intent, all along, was to let that brutality, that hidden vulgarity and bullying to be exposed.
phoneutria wrote:

But, of course, if you believe that conducting yourself this way furthers your cause, by all means, proceed. Just keep your lecture to yourself, I have my own method and I like it better.
If you do not like my "lectures" then you are free to not read them or respond to them or even consider them in any manner.

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:22 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:11 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:28 pm

I think phoneutria's total avoidance or dismissal of my post, concerning migrations and how the Egyptian Civilization occurred AFTER populations reentered the north and her return to the usual mantra is more indicative of the liberal mindset.
She would, of course, deny this label but coincidentally she mirrors it so perfectly.

Another part of these liberal apologetics is in how desperately they cling to Egypt and the associated lower-Nile to offer one example in an otherwise history void of anything approaching a sophisticated culture.

It is the same type of "thinking" which in the absence of Negro philosophers approach the level of a Kant or a Schopenhauer or a Plato offer activists like Martin Luther King or in the void of inventors approaching the level of a Graham Bell offer the dude who came up with peanut butter or Oprah Winfrey, and i the absence of music, outside primitive drumming, offer Jazz, without once considering the influences brought about by slavery.

There is no question, in her mind, that the "light skinned" version of Negro facial structures is a natural and immediate outcome of sub-Saharan populations.
Of course the liberals can claim Oriental civilizations as being part of their own heritage, because they are, after all, the cradle from which all humanity came from.
In this way they dismiss, as irrelevant, the hundreds of thousands of years of evolution that occurred in the meantime.
Therefore, for them, that Negroes came up the Nile and established primitive towns on the upper-Nile and that Egyptian civilization happened thousands of years after populations emigrated back into norther Africa, via the Suez region, and that this might have trickled down the Nile to influence the sacred Nubian civilization, is evidence that the Negro does have the capacity for more complex abstract thinking.

That the Negro has not produced anything of note since, on a level comparable to what we know as "high culture", does not factor in, because here it is the white man who is to blame.
The issue is emotional and there is no argument that can sway her or her ilk.

The emotional aspect can be seen in the counter-arguments, particularly of the little girl d6. In her mind if you challenge the modern popular conception you must be ill or hateful...because she is the representation of health and loving.
I only hope the little girl comes back and carries on in her dismantling and shaming of me...because up until now I've answered her challenges (particularly in regards to natural and artificial environments) and have exposed the eugenics behind her own popular "principles".
As was expected the only thing she can come back with is the usual: fascist, Hitler, Nazi, skinhead...it comes with the handbook on how to defend your liberal views against those that expose them as simple and emotionally driven.

What else could I be but a Nazi, right?
In this black/white conception of reality the enemy has a face, and it comes from the cultural propaganda machine.

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Last edited by eyesinthedark on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Is that how you understood it?
Are you suffering from some kind of brain disease or is your English not adequate for the subject matter?

Let's take your narrative and correct it.

Human populations exit Africa via modern day Yemen, which at the time offered a land bridge.
They emigrate forcefully, pushed out of their preferred lands by superior humans.
We are still in the realm of the physical.

These populations experience harsh conditions in these new territories. They are not as hospitable to human life as the ones they were forced to leave. Most perish...leaving behind to reproduce those who can adapt.

Following along, dear?
Should I type slower?

They evolve, separately from the populations left behind.
In time the land bridge no longer exists, the water levels are rising, tectonic plates are shifting, climate is altering.
Back in Africa no such problems exist. The Negro does not have to evolve much and so he does not.

They move further along, trying to find more hospitable areas. In time their adaptations produce innovation, helping them adapt to the new environments.
Following still?
Do you want me to explain this in baby-talk?

Much later they move further and further....into Asia and Europe.
Meanwhile the Negroes are still chucking spears...and the ones that find a way through the natural wall of the Saharan expanse do so via a natural pathway...a river...the Nile. They settle in the Nile delta, not changing or developing much. They produce nothing of substance.
There is still traffic via the Nile river.

Finally, these populations that had been pushed out of Africa begin migrating back into Africa...this time in the north, across the Suez. But at this point they've evolved isolated from the African populations for a lengthy period of time and they've been forced to develop their minds, the brightest surviving their ordeal to pass on their genes.

Still coming along, sweetie?
Should I crawl so as to not leave you too far behind?

They resettle the Nile delta, finding there local Negro populations.
I suspect some conflict occurred but the stronger ones, this time intellectually, were victorious. As is always the case, to the victor go the spoils.
Negro females are fertilized, race mixing occurs.
From this genetic infusion of new bloodlines a civilization begins to grow.
Perhaps migration through the Suez did not stop there, more and more finding their way back into Africa, bringing with them ideas, inventions, methods.

In time this civilization spreads south, via the natural roadway of the river. It begins to infect and affect the populations in the Sudan. Imitation, mirroring, race mixing, can explain the rest.

Get it, dear?
Should I dumb-it-down more?

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:19 am

What I wonder is even if the Egyptians were negro and thus evidence of a greater potential among negroes for civilised accomplishment..... how does this outweigh the fact that the negro race as a whole has been, when compared to competing races, underachieving, weak, vulnerable to exploitation, unable to preserve it's cultural identity, certainly not able to construct such a cultural identity comparable to the standard of the European or the Oriental and unable as a race to retain possession of their territories or resources from foreign appropriation?

The history of the race would seem to eloquently display it's quality to any inquisitive mind.

But to anyone hoping to excuse this history, why does it seem reasonable to latch onto one half-negroid proto-culture which was tertiarily involved in the formation of an ancient kingdom which disappeared thousands of years ago?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://knowthyself.forumotion.net
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:18 pm

There's a need to level all men down to common potentials.
Equal potentials makes edumucation, training, social assimilation, adherence to cultural rules of etiquette, civility and politeness the deciding factor.

In a democratic, humanist, world-view you are absolved of your past; cleansed of your sins, so to speak. The sins of the father do not fall upon the son.
You are born as if you have nothing to inhibit you or limit you.

A positive outlook, one brimming with good natured motives, and endless hope.
Every birth is a "rebirth" out of a void. In Christianity it was the baptismal rite which "cleansed" the child of the primordial sin, of its "primal" inheritance. In humanism and liberalism, the birth itself is the event.
The child has no sex, no race, no history, no heritage. It is totally void.
Then it must be written upon by the "correct" hands, guided by the "correct" minds.

This of course is eugenics masking as either a religious ceremony or behind social formalities.
Because the system itself prevents certain thoughts and activities from taking place a general commonality of behavior and thinking is created, reinforcing the illusion that all the same and that all have the same potentials because activities and thoughts are never allowed to go over a certain line.
This is called civility.
The illusion is effective because when all are behaving in the same ways, acting similarly or within the same limits, then the idea of uniformity and brotherhood is supported. Nobody can know what the other is thinking or what (s)he is capable of, and nobody cares, just as long as they act, pretend, the same thing within the same guidelines.

This is why anything hinting at racial differences, beyond the apparent, are fought against.
Uniformity and brotherhood must be saved...or the illusion of it. So all must buy into it, or pretend to.
We all know that there are many people who don't actually believe in this shit, they know it doesn't make sense, but not many dare to express it publicly. They don't want to "hurt" others...when in fact they don't ant to risk the hurt that will come their way if they do state it out loud.

So, we all can see what Negroes are good at and what they are not, but instead of admitting that there is a slight difference caused by those thousands of years of genetic isolation, we try to cover it up with more bullshit, hoping that globalization, race mixing, and growing uniformity, will erase this "terrible" natural past.
The problem here, for these "altruistic" bleeding hearts, is natural selection itself.
They believe in it theoretically and when it is applied to other life forms but when it comes to humans then you are a "fascist", a Nazi, a Darwinist, and this, somehow makes you wrong...or is it that it makes you socially unacceptable and impolite and too honest for a hypocritical society that depends on bullshit to thrive?

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:22 am

Is an "honest" society possible then, or must it by definition depend upon civilized fictions in order to function?

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:37 am

I would say that that the size necessitates the lie.
The bigger the unity the bigger the lies.

Take as an example human affairs within society.
A man will be one thing at work or in groupings where he is forced to interact with individuals he does not necessarily like or would choose to interact with if it were not for social rules and his need to support himself within social structures, and an entirely different thing when socializing with friends or family.

Within more intimate groups, even if there are individuals present who he does not know, he will be more honest, particularly when this will not bleed into the outside world where he maintains a different image.

It is this which I say creates internal fragmentation. As uniformity increases, forced or made necessary, fragmentation increases as hypocrisy is made necessary towards the outside world and the individual can only be honest, or himself (as much as this is possible, of course) within his own group..his own kind.

Obviously this is not always the case. The majority have no distinguishing personality in regards to the average or the "normal" and so their public face is the only face they have.
The common virtues are his virtues; the common ambitions are his ambitions; the popular judgments are his judgments.
He is completely dependent and a product of otherness.
Here there is no hypocrisy because the common beliefs are not questioned and so the mind does not stand in opposition to them, even as a skeptic.

This is what is called the "healthy" man...or he is also called "civilized" or "modern" or "good".
We can see this in forums where the macrocosm becomes reflected in the microcosm.
Philosophy turns from a questioning or exploring into a method of reinforcing...repeating endlessly what has already been said by others and simply positioning one's self in relation to them.
Here is the only rebelliousness found: choosing a thinker who opposes the current expresses a dissatisfaction of skepticism but also negates the personal costs, as it is this other, this authority, who is saying what is being said and the individual is simply standing behind him....momentarily or not.

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Kamose

Ahmose

Nubian

By all accounts the Nubians were enemies of ancient Egypt and their territories were annexed into the kingdom to create the upper and the lower Nile regions of the old Egyptian Empire.

Nubia
Notice that the people of Egypt and the people of Nubia are held to be two different tribes who interact.
From this modern day liberals get the idea that Egypt is the one and only example of a sophisticated civilization which the Negroes established...this would be like calling the U.S.A. an African empire because there are millions of Negroes living there and where many served in high posts of government and one got elected into office.

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:11 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am

I had no idea Africa was occupied, like Iraq, for 4000 years.
Must be a part of the post-modern "progressive" revised history manual.
Taking my own history as a basis, and not this "revisionist" one, I can only ask why nothing came out of Africa during those thousands of years of independent existence, way before any white man came to take slaves, and why in the one instance where something approaching greatness comes about it is in a region in contact with the north where tribes returning into Africa have settled and are continuously settling?

Exploitation, slavery, dominance, war have been elements in human affairs since man emerged as a species and before that...they are elements of existing.
To use them as an excuse is what weakness is all about. To grovel for "special consideration" because you cannot rise above the challenges, is what weaklings do.

A fundamental principle in our understanding of natural processes is that necessity is a driving force in development...in evolution. The proportion of need present creates an equal proportion of activity.
A crocodile has not changed much for hundreds of thousands of years because it did not have to. It found a niche, exploited it and it never felt the existential pressure to change much.
This is why comfort creates stagnation and evolution is driven by stresses, causes by severe alterations in environments. The dinosaurs perishes because they could not adapt quickly enough to the sudden threatening jolt they received due to an extreme environmental change.
We use this as a starting point to deduce that the human populations left behind once emigration out of the primordial grounds began did not have to face any severe existential threat. They stagnated, relative to those that were pushed out and were forced to innovate or die.
Is it so hard to accept the possibility that those who were weaker and were forced out of territories more hospitable to human beings faced extinction, and that this threat naturally selected, in time, the individuals amongst them with the mental tools to rise above their circumstances?
Is this such a simplistic view that more complexity must be added to it to pretend that something profound is occurring?
Occams Razor offers a solution.

This pretense of requiring a more intricate explanation is really a way of dismissing a rational conclusion on the grounds that it makes too much sense to be valid, especially when what it states is so hurtful and insulting.
Of course the "it's too complicated" has been a defense mechanism for liberal apologists for years.
It's a sort of postponement of judgment, so as to not deal with the evidence, which also has the merit of insinuating a more "complex" approach; a more "sophisticated" outlook. The latter plays into the "progressive" manual.
The modern mind comforts itself that it sees beyond appearances and the immediate; it is enlightened and not so "base" as to rely on "superficial" data, such as sensual input.
The world is too vulgar to be taken as it is....there must be something more to it all...something magical.
The natural has to be explained by using some supernatural principle...in this case it is the "brotherhood" and "equality" of all men.

Not even appearances are acceptable as they are too simple to be so.
There must be something deeper, the liberal humanists thinks, because the ghost in the machine is to be preserved as a hypothesis which need not be stated openly. Here we see the connection of Judeo-Chritianity and postmodern secular humanism. Existence is never as it appears to be, because our senses are not good enough; there must be something more to all of this...something magical or mystical.

I would say that organisms, such as dogs and cats, are too complex a matter to simplify into a type, and so let us postpone our judgment and not consider them different than cats.
There must be more there...something which will save our romantic idealism. Let us consult an expert.
Are dogs "really" different than cats, or is this difference superficial? Are they not both unsophisticated creatures who require uplifting to realize that they are one and the same?

An analysis, a judgment, encapsulates all the information available into a single mental model. Though it might not go into the particulars, the details, it nevertheless has taken them into consideration, if it is a sound judgment.
Thus far all this representative liberal has offered is insinuations with no arguments and a recitation of popular western positions on race.

To clarify the previous let me offer an example: when we call a fruit an apple, and not an orange, are we offering a detailed analysis of its molecular structures, a historical context as to its emergence?
Do we call upon an "expert" to validate our conclusion that the apple is not an orange?
No, of course not....not if we have any judgment at all and any confidence and willingness to live with the consequences of our judgment.
We take the apparent, the immediate appearance, and draw conclusions from it....as we have evolved to do. Man has been judging his environment and others way before he was given the "permission" by "do -good" liberals with ulterior motives.
Granted the discriminating conclusion that a fruit is an apple and not an orange is a simple one, as it lacks an in-depth analysis as to why it is so, or how it came to be but it is not necessarily a wrong one.

The motive governs the attitude.
The motive here is to save the post-modern world view from anything which might expose its emotional prejudice and its social engineering root.
D6 , the other liberal apologist, admitted that she is not troubled by the elimination of the masculine type. For her the repercussions of human interventions are only harmful if they lead towards an ideal which she finds deplorable. In this case she does not find it so that men will be made into women because she is a case in point of a "healthy" modern "male". For her social engineering, eugenics, is not so bad if "good" will come of it. In this case the possibility that this makes both sexes or sex altogether a remnant of a past which technology will eliminate, alludes her precious mind.
She thinks that she can have her apple, or orange, and eat it too. Therefore, the male sex will be gone, but sex and the pleasures associated with it will remain.
For her the price might be worth it. The elimination of violence, prejudice, and all the woes of consciousness are to be sacrificed to bring about his "pristine" idealized world; a world cleansed of all nastiness...all sin....all evil.

But back to the other woman...

Our resident liberal apologist seems to be reluctant to come to any conclusion outside the popular one or one offered by a "authority" although she retains her positions with less reliance on such stringent scientific concerns.
I would say she is a coward and a hypocrite, since she is not interested in discovering the possible facts of the matter but more concerned with losing her comforting world-view.

Blaming some external force, so evil entity, for a retardation in development, goes against the very principles of Evolution Theory.
In this latter thesis a do or die attitude is present.
You either deal with challenges and grow or you do not and you perish....or you are absorbed into a larger entity.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the reaction to Lars Vilks showing his video in Sweden. What a contrast between the calmness of the whites in the audience and the mod hysterics of the arabs. No wonder the Abrahamic religions found fertile soil on which to grow...

Also note that the threat of mob violence was tolerated and that the video itself was not shown. The guards just stood there indecisively instead of removing the cause of the disturbance.

Fear of a certain accusation restrained them. Fear of the consequences of that accusation when applied to their careers, their families, their personal life. Fear of the system they participate in laying a threat over them and denying them the chance to defend a mans freedom of expression.

The hypocrisy of the modern age. One of this eras thought crimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://knowthyself.forumotion.net
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Insane animals.
You can't reason with this kind of filth.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:19 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
I'm speaking of the europeans, not the central and south americans.

How come they have contributed so little to western art, music, literature, and especially philosophy, science and technology, in comparison with the French, the Italians, British, Germans and Greeks? Their cuisine isn't exactly world renowned either, especially in comparison to their Latin cousins, or with other Mediterranean countries (the Greeks).

Is it a race and/or culture thing? Something else?

The Portuguese population is small, so they have an excuse, the Spanish do not. Are they underachievers? ?

I'm not saying their sunny peninsula has produced nothing, nothing, no cultural achievements- Picasso, Cervantes, the guitar, Spinoza... just less... quite less.

Hernan Cortes and his small band of merry men single handedly annihilated Aztec civilization... that's quite an achievement.

How does one decide who is a genius today?
Phoneutria mentions the Nobleprize inst. but can those winners be called 'geniuses'?

Carlyle wrote about the Poet as a Hero in his essay on Hero-worship.
Novalis remarked that poetry was the base of society. From it grew myth, and then culture and then a std. against which a genius was inspired and a race of people were defined...

Who are modern day heroes who inspire poets to create and carve myths?

Sorry, have no answers.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese

Back to top Go down

Spaniards and Portuguese
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next