Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Spaniards and Portuguese

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Stuart-



Gender : Male Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-28
Location : -

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:12 pm

The post I linked to seems to sum up iambiguous well enough, it's been a while since I read the entire conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14423
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Stuart- wrote:
The post I linked to seems to sum up iambiguous well enough, it's been a while since I read the entire conversation.

His comment on "sans God" pretty much summed things up for me.


Turd wrote:
Or by simply predicating their behavior on a narcissistic sense of entitlement: "Why? Because I say so, that's why!" Because morality revolves [for them] around self-gratification. And, sans God, what is to stop them? Well, if they are able to get away with it.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Stuart-



Gender : Male Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-28
Location : -

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Yes, with that saying, he sums himself up well enough. Though I never understood his near complete indifference to me, despite posting about 100 times in his thread. Maybe he predicted I wouldn't adhere to his philosophy for long?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stuart-



Gender : Male Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-28
Location : -

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14423
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:25 pm

You shouldn't trouble with this level of retard.
They are brain-dead, functioning on pure instinct. 

Aim for higher quality retard, nihilist...the Fixed and the MM's of the world....or the best of what is available on ILP
Brain-dead but thoroughly convinced they are genius.
Use trickle-down ass-kicking. 
Otherwise you are wasting your time.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Stuart-



Gender : Male Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-28
Location : -

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The guy I'm speaking to there is humble, even after earlier on in the thread I wasn't as humble as I would have liked. I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Lyssa wrote:

Someone who could start their *Open Music thread* when the music thread was made private, can also have started *Open Aesthetics thread*

Sure, and then you can paste all of the posts from the original one to the new one, and we can play again.

Quote :

Quote :

Merely an attempt to spare anfang from having to post very basic concepts/definitions that I am well versed in due to my background. No name dropping was made. You can read the thread, thermodynamics. Was taken private too. Not sure if it was taken back out or not.

Did you just speak on behalf of a man Anfang?  What a Face

On a public thread, it is not Anfang alone who reads, and in any case the one who asked for it was I, not Anfang.

The sequence of events:
anfang: *posts basic stuff*
pho: spare the basic stuff, I have a degree on that
lyssa: prove it
pho:... lol, no?

Can you see how mentioning my degree was not an appeal to authority and is therefore irrelevant?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14423
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Jeeez, another one with a degree.

Not an appeal to authority?
HA!!!

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:36 pm

pff didn't you know? I drop that bomb in every thread along with my fortune, my dashing good looks, and my irresistible charisma.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

avatar

Gender : Male Capricorn Posts : 1339
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 31
Location : Nova Universalis

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 pm

An appeal to past/background and capabilities. It's appropriate, but not necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

avatar

Gender : Male Capricorn Posts : 1339
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 31
Location : Nova Universalis

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Stuart- wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The guy I'm speaking to there is humble, even after earlier on in the thread I wasn't as humble as I would have liked. I appreciate that.

Looks like a good forum. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:06 pm

It wasn't an appeal at all. I wasn't proving a point. I was asking him to stop posting genetics 101.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

avatar

Gender : Male Capricorn Posts : 1339
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 31
Location : Nova Universalis

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:21 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Someone who could start their *Open Music thread* when the music thread was made private, can also have started *Open Aesthetics thread*

Sure, and then you can paste all of the posts from the original one to the new one, and we can play again.

I want nothing from you; I'm simply pointing out to the facts of your behaviour as I see it.

Quote :
The sequence of events:
anfang: *posts basic stuff*
pho: spare the basic stuff, I have a degree on that
lyssa: prove it
pho:... lol, no?

Can you see how mentioning my degree was not an appeal to authority and is therefore irrelevant?

Lynn was not good enough an authority for you,, trying to ascertain which authority you make that claim.. I would have thought sufficiently relevant.

No matter, like I said.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:40 pm

A psychologist or behaviorist or whatever he is, is not an authority on genetic/molecular biology, no. I recall stating in the thread that in matters of biology I tend to side with biologists.

And what I mean by post the original text of the aesthetics is that I will not type all the same things again at your service, and I won't have discussions about what was or was not said, when it is all a matter of record. Toys to deliver. Cannot waste time scholaring with you.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:55 pm

phoneutria wrote:
A psychologist or behaviorist or whatever he is, is not an authority on genetic/molecular biology, no. I recall stating in the thread that in matters of biology I tend to side with biologists.

And what I mean by post the original text of the aesthetics is that I will not type all the same things again at your service, and I won't have discussions about what was or was not said, when it is all a matter of record. Toys to deliver. Cannot waste time scholaring with you.

Have yourself a good day. Go.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Oh, I just had a gauffe classique and a maple latte. I am having a great day.
You too dear. Come back again when your cherry basket is full.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Come back again when your cherry basket is full.

Nit-pickers must be kept busy... idle brain... and what have you...etc.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Hrodeberto

avatar

Gender : Male Capricorn Posts : 1339
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 31
Location : Nova Universalis

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14423
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Is she Spanish or Portuguese?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Hrodeberto

avatar

Gender : Male Capricorn Posts : 1339
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 31
Location : Nova Universalis

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Is Lyssa's cherry basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1989
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:46 am

phono wrote:
The sequence of events:
anfang: *posts basic stuff*
pho: spare the basic stuff, I have a degree on that
lyssa: prove it
pho:... lol, no?

You wish.

phono: *posts easily refutable, wishful thinking kind of quack*
Anfang: *posts basic principles of breeding which immediately refutes phono's wishful thinking*
phono: I have a degree in this shit - so don't post such basic stuff, this is insulting.
Anfang: Rolling Eyes

But I am not surprised.
In the same thread, Steve Jones, Professor Steve Jones, head of the department of genetics, evolution and environment, UC London, is mentioned. Professor 'human evolution has stopped because young men are fertilizing older women' Steve Jones. Which is in his book probably a good thing - it must be, how else would he come up with such an idea if not because of wishful thinking.

The head of the department… and he is not the only one of his/her kind.
In my experience, if you have a degree then you are more likely to be a windbag than otherwise. It just comes with the environment in those departments - 'Wie der Herr so das Haus' - If the lord is a windbag, then so are the servants. (at least on average).

I would have been surprised if you'd not have a degree, Windy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

avatar

Gender : Male Capricorn Posts : 1339
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 31
Location : Nova Universalis

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Anfang wrote:
phono wrote:
The sequence of events:
anfang: *posts basic stuff*
pho: spare the basic stuff, I have a degree on that
lyssa: prove it
pho:... lol, no?

You wish.

phono: *posts easily refutable, wishful thinking kind of quack*
Anfang: *posts basic principles of breeding which immediately refutes phono's wishful thinking*
phono: I have a degree in this shit - so don't post such basic stuff, this is insulting.
Anfang:  Rolling Eyes

But I am not surprised.
In the same thread, Steve Jones, Professor Steve Jones, head of the department of genetics, evolution and environment, UC London, is mentioned. Professor 'human evolution has stopped because young men are fertilizing older women' Steve Jones. Which is in his book probably a good thing - it must be, how else would he come up with such an idea if not because of wishful thinking.

The head of the department… and he is not the only one of his/her kind.
In my experience, if you have a degree then you are more likely to be a windbag than otherwise. It just comes with the environment in those departments - 'Wie der Herr so das Haus' - If the lord is a windbag, then so are the servants. (at least on average).

I would have been surprised if you'd not have a degree, Windy.

Yea, to a greater degree in biological sciences than in physical sciences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Conveniently, I don't have access to the thread to prove you otherwise, but as far as I remember you were lacking on some high school level mendelian genetics concepts. I also remember saying I will not go deep into genetic in a thread about thermodynamics.
I do remember posting a few links presenting some criticism of dr. jones proposal as well, all of which seemed level.

Anyway, you can ask a kind admin to make the threads public and we can resume.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1989
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:47 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Conveniently, I don't have access to the thread to prove you otherwise, but as far as I remember you were lacking on some high school level mendelian genetics concepts. I also remember saying I will not go deep into genetic in a thread about thermodynamics.
I do remember posting a few links presenting some criticism of dr. jones proposal as well, all of which seemed level.

Anyway, you can ask a kind admin to make the threads public and we can resume.

That thread is already accessible in the Agora.
But I've got no time to resume this with you, I have to bring some order into my sock-drawer and that takes priority. It's the damn-dest thing. I put effort into it and order my sock and after a few weeks it's all chaos again. Once, just once it would be great if it were the other way around - must be bad luck.

Edit: You know, it's not true - I could always take the time, I just won't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:12 pm

And you do realize that whether or not your socks stay where you put them has nothing to do with thermodynamics, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese

Back to top Go down
 
Spaniards and Portuguese
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Similar topics
-
» Spaniards and Portuguese

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: